stan

Post-withdrawal nervous system hypersensitivity or kindling

Kozak70

i have a long story  of 07 years with kindling ,and hypersesitivity , at the begining i ignored that it was all about the adverse reactions & too late reinstatement that i have done in 2012 !i kept taking prozac 20 mg wich i was on for 10 years (2001-2011),my psychiatrist said that i have to keep eating it & it will kick in in few days as in the past ,i beleived him however every day i was experiencing worse adverse raection to it i told him what was hapening to me but he didnt beleive in kindling or neurotoxicity or anything else ,for him the drugs were safe all of them !i was not knowing or discovred this best website SA ,wich i found it 5 years later ,& when i read topics & discovered files on here ,it help me a lot !so i was damaging my brain over 6 years after 2012 ,during them i have uped ,lowed,gone back & forth ,cold turkyed went through serotonin syndrome ,panic attacks , switched to lexparo for a short period  too! i have also went through a horrific protracted withdrawals with hundreds of uncredible symptoms every day , later in 2017 i learned all from this wonderful site that i have to taper slowly & that the antidepressants are no longer the answer for me !so i started tapering 5 mg of lexapro  for 01 year & last summer i was off of it (august 2018) i was verry sick during the adverse reactions & kindling years almost 06 years in 2018 ,after that i was stabilized a bit (symptoms were present 24/7) three months later (december 2018) withdrawals started to rise again & hit stronger ,i said that i wont reinstate ,i said no it wont help ,i did it before & i was damaged a lot (two decades 1997-2018),this time i wont take back an SSRIs  or a Benzo ! i lived through a hell every day ,there was not an other way , this last week i have experienced an other symptom wich was a pain brains,& pain /burning itching behind my neck & down to my back! wich lasted 7 days ! i was eating every thing had a lot of issues ,but now that i read this posts i ll avoid a lot of things ,i need Diet ,i steel experiencing withdrawals at 7 months off but its too early to heal, i know that it will take several months or maye be years ,is there some advices about alternatives or a Diet programm ?what shall i avoid? as you know i m hypersensible to every thing ,light,noise,some foods, hearing music,dark places, i do feel bad in winter, feeling cold,sweating, these are the a part of symptoms the others onces are the known withdrawals symptoms ! physical & psychological ! thank you

JB1234
On 2/21/2012 at 11:17 AM, Altostrata said:

squirrel, I combined your new topic with our other topics on hypersensitivity.

I can say my own hypersensitivity has decreased.

- I am now no longer hypersensitive to sound. For me, this took perhaps a year.

- My light sensitivity decreased greatly, but being on the computer past 8 p.m. still affects my sleep (too much light at the wrong time of day).

- I don't have dizziness when standing for some time anymore. I can handle crowded stores (for a while, then I feel overloaded).

- My heat sensitivity has diminished greatly.

- I can eat just about anything now. I am no longer hypersensitive to some foods. My digestion and bowel movements (previously diarrhea-like) have become normal.

I still am careful about herbal tea; I drink very weak tea. Various supplements don't have a noticeable effect -- except for B vitamins, they're still too strong.

- I haven't tried caffeine yet -- I used to love a nice strong cuppa tea every day -- I'm afraid it will affect my sleep. But I am eating a little chocolate now and then, not too late in the day, and enjoying it. It used to be too stimulating for me.

Hi @Altostrata I’ve been reading your posts recent and past. They are very helpful. Could you perhaps direct me to info on dizziness and vertigo info from previous posts please? 

Longroadhome
On 3/20/2017 at 8:30 PM, Daisies24 said:

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if I could ask, for those who are hypersensitive to medications, herbs, and supplements now, what exactly are your symptoms, and secondly, which drug did you withdraw from?

It seems like I am reading a higher correlation of hypersensitivity to supplements, etc. for people who were on Prozac, though I know it can be a problem for any type of antidepressant. I also haven’t seen many people who seem to share my specific symptoms of hypersensitivity such as extreme itching, hives, rashes, head and ear pain and pressure, chest tightness, lung pain, puffy face, etc. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there with similar symptoms?

Thanks for any responses; any information is greatly appreciated!

Hi daisy 

just read this thread and I have exactly the same symptoms as you 

hives skin rash stomach problems lung pain and extreme itching

how is yours now what did you take for it and did you have the symptoms every day ?

thank you 

Kozak70

i m 18 months Off ,and kindled since 2012 when i reinstated prozac wich i was on for 10 years ,i had adverse reactions then i cold turkyed it & gone back to it again till i started experiencing very bad withdrawals every time ech time was much more Hell i experienced strange symptoms that i have never had before (i was doing well while on the drug 2001-2011) the kindling worsened when i aswitched to Lexapro in 2016 & i was unable to stay on it ! so i stoped it quicly (fast taper) but i was already damaged ,now i found that my brain is hypersensitive to everything even food i have devlopped candida ,IBs,anhedonia,PSSD, depression & anxiety with fibromyalgia as well i think i have to fellow a Diet :no sugar,no gluten,no milk  ,feeling cold & tired 24/7 , i hope that i will heal with time & even omega3 fish oil are makin my withdrawals worse .

i m 18 months Off ,and kindled since 2012 when i reinstated prozac wich i was on for 10 years ,i had adverse reactions then i cold turkyed it & gone back to it again till i started experiencing very bad withdrawals every time ech time was much more Hell i experienced strange symptoms that i have never had before (i was doing well while on the drug 2001-2011) the kindling worsened when i aswitched to Lexapro in 2016 & i was unable to stay on it ! so i stoped it quicly (fast taper) but i was already damaged ,now i found that my brain is hypersensitive to everything even food i have devlopped candida ,IBs,anhedonia,PSSD, depression & anxiety with fibromyalgia as well i think i have to fellow a Diet :no sugar,no gluten,no milk  ,feeling cold & tired 24/7 , i hope that i will heal with time & even omega3 fish oil are makin my withdrawals worse .

Bluebird2009

Hi Can anyone help me, I was doing so so for a while there but had extreme stress and also have an awful hormone imbalance. I feel my system has went into and awful overdrive worse than I have ever had before and I am reacting to everything again but worse. Terrible headaches. I had started to go on a PEMF healing bed and not sure if this so the problem or just extreme stress overload. Will I ever recover? Thank you 

Bluebird2009
On 11/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, Longroadhome said:

Hi daisy 

just read this thread and I have exactly the same symptoms as you 

hives skin rash stomach problems lung pain and extreme itching

how is yours now what did you take for it and did you have the symptoms every day ?

thank you 

Hi Daisy I have the same symptoms made worse by stress and I’m off nearly 4 years, Prozac seems to leave terrible sensitivity 

Longroadhome

Bluebird 

how are you doing 

notice you tapered due to tolerance same as me 

what symptoms have you had and how difficult has your journey been 

I’m never symptom free 

and lately I seem

worse than ever  with new symptoms coming at me all the time 

no changes to

my meds for 7 months so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with tolerance ? 
LRH 

Bluebird2009
4 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Bluebird 

how are you doing 

notice you tapered due to tolerance same as me 

what symptoms have you had and how difficult has your journey been 

I’m never symptom free 

and lately I seem

worse than ever  with new symptoms coming at me all the time 

no changes to

my meds for 7 months so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with tolerance ? 
LRH 

Hi, I had been having strange symptoms for 3 years before I realised what the problem was which probably made things worse as I was still taking the drug. But it all went wrong when I took an infection and couldn’t tolerate the antibiotics and started having bad neurological symptoms and then my Gp decided I should double the dose as that was the finish my system went into total chaos and I haven’t tolerated much orally since. I was starting to be able to take some things like probiotics etc and then they though I had leaky gut so tried an antibiotic and now I’m as bad as ever and my brain is in total overdrive and I can’t tolerate any stress. I hope with time it eases. I believe I have a degree of neurotoxicity and I hope I’m time I do recover as I can’t accept that I can’t tolerate and I have had an awful time with doctors and probably traumatised now. Very stressed brain and can’t be around people for long which is new. Multiple symptoms, hives, yellow stools, achy all over, blocked sinuses, taste loss, heightened smell, headaches, shakes and severe hormonal imbalance, sore chest, lungs, swallowing problems, major gut issues. Lots of different things and just not coping at present. Please take care

Longroadhome
15 hours ago, Bluebird2009 said:

Hi, I had been having strange symptoms for 3 years before I realised what the problem was which probably made things worse as I was still taking the drug. But it all went wrong when I took an infection and couldn’t tolerate the antibiotics and started having bad neurological symptoms and then my Gp decided I should double the dose as that was the finish my system went into total chaos and I haven’t tolerated much orally since. I was starting to be able to take some things like probiotics etc and then they though I had leaky gut so tried an antibiotic and now I’m as bad as ever and my brain is in total overdrive and I can’t tolerate any stress. I hope with time it eases. I believe I have a degree of neurotoxicity and I hope I’m time I do recover as I can’t accept that I can’t tolerate and I have had an awful time with doctors and probably traumatised now. Very stressed brain and can’t be around people for long which is new. Multiple symptoms, hives, yellow stools, achy all over, blocked sinuses, taste loss, heightened smell, headaches, shakes and severe hormonal imbalance, sore chest, lungs, swallowing problems, major gut issues. Lots of different things and just not coping at present. Please take care

Hi Bluebird 

thank you for reply 

do you think you have hit a wave 

I hear people on this site talking about 3 year wave and maybe you have to ride it out and you will see more healing ? 
I have a feeling this may be what you are experiencing ? 

what are your thoughts ? 

Bluebird2009
11 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Hi Bluebird 

thank you for reply 

do you think you have hit a wave 

I hear people on this site talking about 3 year wave and maybe you have to ride it out and you will see more healing ? 
I have a feeling this may be what you are experiencing ? 

what are your thoughts ? 

Hi , I’m not sure what has happened as I have never felt as bad I don’t think. They are querying my adrenal function and also I am officially in menopause so it’s hard to know but the fatigue and pain is debilitating and hard to cope with. I hope it eases soon. Take care of yourself 😊

Junglechicken
On 5/25/2011 at 9:16 PM, Neuroplastic said:

Hypersensitivity was mind-blowing in early WD for me, Stan. It's gotten better, and it will be getting better. I still can't tolerate too much light, all the everyday sounds are very often too much to take, but the progress, though slow, is there. Dizziness, vertigo and others are caused to a great extend by an over-stimulation. What you're experiencing is WD. I know that you know all of this, but telling yourself those bizzare feelings are just temporary helps a lot.

Just a little bit more. It will be improving. Please, remind me, how many months off you're now?

I've been ultra sensitive to light for the past 5 yrs (since taking ADs).

I shower in the dark all year round (yup even in winter), and all lights in the house have to be dimmed or off.

During the summer I have to wear sunglasses all the time when outside.

High pitched screaming (i.e by kids), is unbearable.

No let up on either of the above, and I am 19 months off Lexapro.