Jump to content
DSN13

PMS, PMDD, and menstrual cycle issues during withdrawal and after

Recommended Posts

Junglechicken
On 1/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, wanttosurvive said:

 

Hi JC,

 

Why I am sure??? I am sure becuase this overall inflammation hits almost every organ. when it hits it is characterized by pain and edema. 

For example: my poor stomach is the second mostly affected organ with WD after than the brain. stomach pain is almost constant symptom for me. no drug eases this pain, I have taken and tried every drug. but I am also a gastric surgery survivor. that means my stomach is smaller than the original. so when this pain comes,  my stomach becomes more smaller. I feel it I know it. How? I can barely eat at those times because of constant reflux. but when wave is over and my stomach discomfort eases for sometime, reflux is over. and at those days I can hardly touch my abdominal area, it becomes so tender. it also happens for my other body organs. for example intestine. when I have intestinal pain, bloating, constipation (these are all because of WD, I am sure about it), I can hardly touch the area above my intestinal area. also it is true for ear ache, tooth ache, sinus problems. all these body tissues get inflammated. and the outcomes are pain and edema. 

 

also your tests are okey....

 

Best wishes, hugs ❤️

 

 

I have to reluctantly agree that my stomach issues gained momentum after my last dose in April.

 

This is also an issue I’m going to raise with my GP on the 25th Jan.

 

They were bad after my father died last year, and definitely got worse after my last dose.

 

The peri-meno issues affect all “systems” of the body too.

 

Its very difficult I know to live with.

 

I think my symptoms are the product of a “perfect storm” of situational, hormonal and stress related factors.

 

Its learning to manage those factors through diet, and general self-care including CBT.

 

Best wishes and hugs back ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloombieK

Hello everyone,

I've been on withdrawal journey since last year and it has been really hard, especially due to PMS.  What I have done and has worked for me is a change in diet.  I eat oatmeal everyday like porridge... I've been eating it for about four months now.  A doctor in Spain says it regulares many functions.  You can find his videos on youtube.  His name is Miquel Pros.

I also am eating plantains and sweet potatoes more frequently as they help regulate hormone balance.  I've seen a drastic change in my PMS symptoms to the point that I don't worry anymore about it.  They have lessened by 85% I think.

There is a book on Amazon called "Quit PMS" by Lauren Geertsen.  She's a dietician and the book is very comprehensive on treating hormonal imbalance.  I highly recommend it.

 

Hope you find your way to hormonal balance even during WD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wanttosurvive
1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

 

I have to reluctantly agree that my stomach issues gained momentum after my last dose in April.

 

This is also an issue I’m going to raise with my GP on the 25th Jan.

 

They were bad after my father died last year, and definitely got worse after my last dose.

 

The peri-meno issues affect all “systems” of the body too.

 

Its very difficult I know to live with.

 

I think my symptoms are the product of a “perfect storm” of situational, hormonal and stress related factors.

 

Its learning to manage those factors through diet, and general self-care including CBT.

 

Best wishes and hugs back ❤️

 

JC, I am sorry for your father loss. Sometimes life throws us a lot. But what is unfair is that, we have to fight both these unavoidable life events and this brutal disease. But in the end, I believe that we will be stronger than ever....

 

Take care, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wanttosurvive
14 minutes ago, BloombieK said:

Hello everyone,

I've been on withdrawal journey since last year and it has been really hard, especially due to PMS.  What I have done and has worked for me is a change in diet.  I eat oatmeal everyday like porridge... I've been eating it for about four months now.  A doctor in Spain says it regulares many functions.  You can find his videos on youtube.  His name is Miquel Pros.

I also am eating plantains and sweet potatoes more frequently as they help regulate hormone balance.  I've seen a drastic change in my PMS symptoms to the point that I don't worry anymore about it.  They have lessened by 85% I think.

There is a book on Amazon called "Quit PMS" by Lauren Geertsen.  She's a dietician and the book is very comprehensive on treating hormonal imbalance.  I highly recommend it.

 

Hope you find your way to hormonal balance even during WD.

 

BloombieK, thank you for your suggestions. I will try as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloombieK
15 minutes ago, wanttosurvive said:

 

BloombieK, thank you for your suggestions. I will try as soon as possible.

Hope it helps. Would love to hear how it goes for you.  It took a month or so to start seeing changes in me so be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wanttosurvive
8 minutes ago, BloombieK said:

Hope it helps. Would love to hear how it goes for you.  It took a month or so to start seeing changes in me so be patient.

Thank you, I will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junglechicken

Any ladies had the "Mirena coil" fitted?

 

Did it work out ok for you etc.,?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildling

Hi all you lovely ladies,

just adding my two cents (althought it might not be anything new..? If this post is unnecessary, please let me know).

I stopped taking birth control pills 2,5 years ago (efter taking them for a good 10 years, yikes!). Shortly after that I started SSRI-medication. Half a year passed and I started to suffer immense period pain. Like so immense, that I almost fainted from the pain and it lasted for hours on end. Also the anxiety levels sky rocketed during periods. Now that I have been suffering with WD-symptoms, time before and during periods is hellish. Few WD symptoms that I suffer the most (dissociation and intrusive existential thoughts) get so much worse during. I feel like I do not exist or that I will disappear. The panicky anxiety and the dreadful pain is also still there.

Some things that have helped me are the grain stuffed pillows that you can heat in the microwave, hot Epsom salt footbaths (or full body baths) with lavender oil, magnesium helps to sleep and grounding root chakra yoga helps to calm the dissociative mind a bit. Also resting and drinking a lot of water and herbal teas. 

I wish you all the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altostrata
On 1/4/2015 at 8:59 PM, Songbird said:

Oh yes, w/d plus hormones interacting, what a mess that makes.  As my dose has got lower I've had a lot of depression and tearfulness, sometimes just feel like crying all day for no real reason.  I've been taking vitex capsules which have really helped a lot.  It can take up to 3 months to feel improvement but I had some improvement after just one month and more in the second month.  When I feel grumpy, irritable, anxious, or tense and wound up (you know that feeling, it is hard to describe), I've found magnesium and vitamin B6 help a lot to take the edge off.  If it is really bad I use valerian tincture, which I find very calming.  Of course, responses to herbs and supplements varies between individuals, just saying what has helped me.

 

On 1/4/2015 at 9:16 PM, Moonlitelotus said:

For me, chamomile tea is a gift from God. Lol. Especially chamomile, lavender, lemon balm tea. Oh yeah, that takes the edge off too! I forgot to mention herbal teas to help with the exacerbated PMS.

 

Songbird,

 

What are vitex capsules and what do they do?

 

On 1/4/2015 at 9:31 PM, Songbird said:

The herb is vitex agnus-castus, sometimes called chasteberry.  I've just read up a bit more about it and apparently it affects dopamine so I guess we should be very careful with it!  Responses are very individual, it can make things worse for some people.  All I know is, I got to the stage of being depressed and crying for about half of each month, and vitex reduced all that stuff by about 90%.  I suspect I am in perimenopause and that combined with w/d is really doing a number on my hormones.  It's probably not good to be on it long-term and I hope I won't have any kind of dependence issues or w/d when I stop taking it, but for now I feel like it keeps me able to cope instead of being a blithering wreck.

 

On 1/5/2015 at 12:46 PM, Songbird said:

I heard that evening primrose oil does great things for some people, so it is definitely worth a try.  I've tried it several times, but unfortunately it had no effect on me.

 

I heard that rhodiola could be quite stimulating so I don't think I'll risk that.  I gave up fish oil years ago, it was okay for a while but then it started to make me feel weirdly restless.

 

On 5/30/2015 at 4:36 PM, GardeniaBlossom said:

I developed PCOS a couple of years after I started AD & benzos. When it began, I was taking BuSpar and Paxil, if I remember correctly. A few years ago I discovered that the herb Wild Yam helped regulate my period well. Before I stopped the ADs while on Wild Yam, it was regular. However, after I withdrew it became wildly irregular, again. I suspected that I may not need the Wild Yam anymore. So, I recently started to taper off the Wild Yam. My period slowly became more regular, again. I'm only 8 months off ADs & benos and just stopped taking the Wild Yam completely this past month. I have only had one cycle without the Wild Yam, but it was on time.

 

I'm noticing that during PMS the physicial and psychological withdrawal symptoms I experience increase significantly as well.

 

Are there any other herbal teas or supplements that you have found reduce symptoms related to your menstrual cycle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyBlonde

Hello,

I have been off Sertraline for 15 months and ever since my last dose my hormones have been out of whack! Immediately after I took the last pill I didn't get my period for a month (after taking some Adrenal supplements it returned). Over the course of the year I have gotten progressively more moody and lethargic with still no signs of a sex drive returning. Along with these, I now have cramps with every period, headaches and a very irregular flow.  The only day I feel slightly better is the first day my cycle begins, after that and for the rest of the month it's just a foggy, tired, slump.

I am wondering if anyone else who has gone off antidepressants  has experienced anything like this? If so, what did you to do balance your hormones and do you feel better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaisyBell
On 2/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, Altostrata said:

 

 

 

 

 

Are there any other herbal teas or supplements that you have found reduce symptoms related to your menstrual cycle?

With Vitex, when do people take it? Some people suggest you take it for days 17-29 only and others suggest every day starting on day 1 etc. 

 

any thoughts?

 

Also how much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaisyBell

Just want to share that I have had a very positive experience from taking calcium citrate powder (500mg +) a day from day 14.

 

It’s reduced a lot of emotional issues of pms.  I also take magnesium and d3 to aid in absorption and to make sure the mg:ca ratio is not over 1:2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy
On 1/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, xyz said:

don't do HRT, try this DIM supplements

 

Have you had success with the DIM? What symptoms did it help woth?

 No side effects? Are you sensitive to supplements during WD? 

 

I have to do something, short of shutting down my ovaries, or stopping my period with hormones. Right now my only REALLY bad times/waves are during my period. This ya been the case for 3 years now...

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy
On 1/25/2019 at 2:32 PM, Junglechicken said:

Any ladies had the "Mirena coil" fitted?

 

Did it work out ok for you etc.,?

Did you end up trying this, or any hormone  treatments? I feel if I could “halt “ my period for awhile, I could heal! 

I hope your feeling better ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xyz
1 hour ago, Peachy said:

Have you had success with the DIM? What symptoms did it help woth?

 No side effects? Are you sensitive to supplements during WD? 

 

I have to do something, short of shutting down my ovaries, or stopping my period with hormones. Right now my only REALLY bad times/waves are during my period. This ya been the case for 3 years now...

thanks!

DIM is a life saver. i am still tapering and my PMS are almost back to normal.

i switched to the stronger kind, and it works wonder.

i had supplements sensitivity until i was able to drink coffee again.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENS0A7M/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ANT0CMDU7X41T&psc=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy
5 hours ago, xyz said:

DIM is a life saver. i am still tapering and my PMS are almost back to normal.

i switched to the stronger kind, and it works wonder.

i had supplements sensitivity until i was able to drink coffee again.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENS0A7M/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ANT0CMDU7X41T&psc=1

Thanks! So no side effects? Are you doing full dose? Can I ask what symptoms it helped with? Mine are only/mostly mental...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xyz
3 hours ago, Peachy said:

Thanks! So no side effects? Are you doing full dose? Can I ask what symptoms it helped with? Mine are only/mostly mental...

 

mostly physical/ border line mental. i used to feel hyper and anxious, like my body was about to vibrate.

now it is just normal. at my last period, i even didn't know that i was PMSing.

 

no side effect, took 6 months to work though. i have been taking it religiously.

it costed me thousands of dollars of testing to get this prescribed by a naturopath.

this and another broccoli supplements. both of them costed 125$ per bottle, i found their alternate on amazon.

 

what it does is helping your liver to get rid of the excess of estrogen when you are in estrogen dominance due to the decline in progesterone

with HRT, i read that there is withdrawal involved specially with the synthetic progesterone (since it works on Gaba)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy
On 4/18/2012 at 6:41 AM, DSN13 said:

Ever since I started the tapering process from Lexapro (20mg for 14 years, started tapering in January and am now on 5mg) I have been experiencing PMS to the worst degree. Physically it feels about the same, but emotionally I am a wreck. I am overly anxious, shaky and can cry at the drop of a hat. I want to curl up in a ball of tears in bed and not leave my house. I need some support doing this difficult time. Has anyone else experience this as well?

I know you posted this years ago, but did this resolve for you eventually? I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you were. 20mg lexapro for 14 years, tapered down to 5mg, now hellish PMDD. Does it get better??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy

I am suffering immensely from a new diagnosis of "PMDD". This was all triggered by tapering my long-term Lexapro. 

I have never experienced any severe PMS in my lifetime, and I just turned 38. I've never even had cramps. I have always gotten a tiny emotional, or maybe a little crabby, but all well within normal range. 

 

I know there are some mentions of PMS worsening on here, but this is so much more/different than PMS. It's seriously hell. I have one day of crying and hopeless exactly one week before my period, then I start to feel a little better, then I feel almost psychotic for two days before and a few days at the start of bleeding. Extreme intrusive thoughts and feelings, irrational thinking, intense rage and anger. I ALMOST feel normal, emotionally speaking, the rest of the month. 

 

I just went to my gyno to explain to her what was happening to me. We did testing and my hormone levels are just fine.

She tried to convince me that a lot of women just magically get major PMDD when they are in the late thirties. No prior PMS issues in the past required... She then tried to convince me that SSRI's are my best option and I really "need" to be on them. Obviously I imagined punching her in the face several times, OCD intrusive thoughts aside.  lol. 

My only other option was a script for  low-dose estrogen based bio-identical birth control pill. This is the script I left the office with but I am scared to have it filled...

Has anyone else tried a low dose BC or hormone therapy to ease the drop in hormones every month?  Has it worked for anyone? Made things worse? 

 

Are these just WD symptoms triggered by the hormone drop? Is it PMDD that was covered up by drugs for a long-time? Should I be more worried I won't heal since I have had this for 3 years now? I'm so confused and don't know where to turn. As if having OCD come back ONE MILLION times more severe, and not budging 3 years later was not bad enough,  I now have this new "disease" to deal with... I feel buried. All this and I'm still on 4.6mg of Lexapro. 

 

I'm looking for positive stories of others who had EXTREME pms/pmdd symptoms during the taper / WD process, and eventually they did heal. Does this get better? Like years out? I'm feeling totally deflated and hopeless. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Priscilla

i havent got my period in 5 months and im 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaisyBell
3 hours ago, Peachy said:

I am suffering immensely from a new diagnosis of "PMDD". This was all triggered by tapering my long-term Lexapro. 

I have never experienced any severe PMS in my lifetime, and I just turned 38. I've never even had cramps. I have always gotten a tiny emotional, or maybe a little crabby, but all well within normal range. 

 

I know there are some mentions of PMS worsening on here, but this is so much more/different than PMS. It's seriously hell. I have one day of crying and hopeless exactly one week before my period, then I start to feel a little better, then I feel almost psychotic for two days before and a few days at the start of bleeding. Extreme intrusive thoughts and feelings, irrational thinking, intense rage and anger. I ALMOST feel normal, emotionally speaking, the rest of the month. 

 

I just went to my gyno to explain to her what was happening to me. We did testing and my hormone levels are just fine.

She tried to convince me that a lot of women just magically get major PMDD when they are in the late thirties. No prior PMS issues in the past required... She then tried to convince me that SSRI's are my best option and I really "need" to be on them. Obviously I imagined punching her in the face several times, OCD intrusive thoughts aside.  lol. 

My only other option was a script for  low-dose estrogen based bio-identical birth control pill. This is the script I left the office with but I am scared to have it filled...

Has anyone else tried a low dose BC or hormone therapy to ease the drop in hormones every month?  Has it worked for anyone? Made things worse? 

 

Are these just WD symptoms triggered by the hormone drop? Is it PMDD that was covered up by drugs for a long-time? Should I be more worried I won't heal since I have had this for 3 years now? I'm so confused and don't know where to turn. As if having OCD come back ONE MILLION times more severe, and not budging 3 years later was not bad enough,  I now have this new "disease" to deal with... I feel buried. All this and I'm still on 4.6mg of Lexapro. 

 

I'm looking for positive stories of others who had EXTREME pms/pmdd symptoms during the taper / WD process, and eventually they did heal. Does this get better? Like years out? I'm feeling totally deflated and hopeless. 

 

 

Peachy, I am 4 1/2 years off Lexepro and 38 and have severe PMS recently. I try everything. I had been doing really well last cycle as a result of taking calcium (plus taking magnesium). I've also restarted vitex mixture (has other stuff in it too). Some studies have shown calcium is very effective for some women with PMDD.  Calcium citrate is best (others constipate). I think taking about 250mg a couple times a day (between 500-1200 mg total a day) is a good place to start. Make sure you are not vitamin D deficient as well.

 

Please let me know how you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy
1 hour ago, DaisyBell said:

 

Peachy, I am 4 1/2 years off Lexepro and 38 and have severe PMS recently. I try everything. I had been doing really well last cycle as a result of taking calcium (plus taking magnesium). I've also restarted vitex mixture (has other stuff in it too). Some studies have shown calcium is very effective for some women with PMDD.  Calcium citrate is best (others constipate). I think taking about 250mg a couple times a day (between 500-1200 mg total a day) is a good place to start. Make sure you are not vitamin D deficient as well.

 

Please let me know how you go.

Oh wow! Looks like we are in a very similar situation. Thank you for the advice! 

 I’ll give it a try. Did the supplements cause any symptoms. 

Can I ask if you have healed from WD? What dose were you on, and how long? 

Would you say the pms is triggered by WD, or did it just start happening recently? 

What are your symptoms like? I’m so scared 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaisyBell

I can’t tell what caused it but symptoms were low mood along with other symptoms like sore breasts, bloating, pain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altostrata

DaisyBell, Peachy, and anyone else reading this topic -- ALWAYS look up any drug you might take on drugs.com and read up on side effects rather than asking around on the Web or Facebook.

 

If you have side effects, you need to discuss this with your doctor using real medical information, not "people say on Facebook."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy

@Altostrata I'm not taking anything, I am just wondering others experience in WD with taking hormones to help with the PMS/PMDD induced by WD...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMart95
On 4/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Peachy said:

@Altostrata I'm not taking anything, I am just wondering others experience in WD with taking hormones to help with the PMS/PMDD induced by WD...

I ended up with severe PMDD after stopping birth control and celexa. I made it two months off the pill and almost lost my mind. I was put on Lo Loestrin (low dose combo pill) and I got MUCH worse. Went back to my original higher dose estrogen pill and became very suicidal. I have not yet determined whether I have a hormone imbalance from long term use of contraceptives of PMDD , but I found once my body started trying to make it's own hormones, putting synthetic ones back in just made me so much worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy

@KMart95 Thanks for letting me know. How are you now? I literally loose my mind during pms. Will this ever end?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMart95
40 minutes ago, Peachy said:

@KMart95 Thanks for letting me know. How are you now? I literally loose my mind during pms. Will this ever end?

 

I'm still in really bad shape. I'm the day before my period and haven't stopped crying all day, depressed, flu-like .. so I feel your pain big time. But I also went off the pill 3 months ago so I may have a hormone imbalance. I reinstated 1mg of my antidepressant this month & I found my PMS has been much much shorter but now that i'm really close i'm a wreck and it's not doing a thing. If you ever find anything that helps please let me know! It's so awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy

@KMart95 I'm sorry your suffering, I really do understand. I am more or less feeling WD normal-ish during the rest of the month. I wish there were more stories of women on here that had a bad time during their cycle, and this eventually healed or lessened a lot.  Do you know of any??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMart95
1 hour ago, Peachy said:

@KMart95 I'm sorry your suffering, I really do understand. I am more or less feeling WD normal-ish during the rest of the month. I wish there were more stories of women on here that had a bad time during their cycle, and this eventually healed or lessened a lot.  Do you know of any??

Thank you. I am so sorry for you as well. I am the exact same way. My month is 50% normal and 50% nightmare. I have searched here before and saw quite a few people say their PMS got a lot worse during withdrawal, and also people who are in menopause. I have a strong feeling that hormones are just one of those things that disrupt our sensitive nervous systems and throw us into a bit of a wave. I tell myself that it will get better, I can't imagine it lasting forever. I have developed histamine intolerance and I find my hormone changes not only give me allergy-like symptoms but turn me into a total looney. I am working on fixing the HIT & hoping this will improve the PMDD-type symptpms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmGirlWorks

Evening Primrose oil has really helped me this month with reducing/eliminating the anxiety and depression I get just before it. I am at day 28 and only experiencing minor low feelings (my hair sucks, millenials bug, I hate this city) but not the suicidal despair I have felt in the past. Started it a little over 3 weeks ago. I guess the test will be if it helps next month and the next too but right now I am hopeful. And it is gentle on my CNS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachy

@KMart95 are you taking BC now? I a thinking of trying bio-identicals to help stop ovulation for awhile until I get off this crap and heal some. Might not work, but I have to try something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMart95
31 minutes ago, Peachy said:

@KMart95 are you taking BC now? I a thinking of trying bio-identicals to help stop ovulation for awhile until I get off this crap and heal some. Might not work, but I have to try something. 

Nope! I have been off birth control for 3 months now. I notice an improvement this month but on my period I can barely move due to extreme fatigue. I've been listening to Lara Briden's book The Period Repair Manual and it's been very helpful. I think from what i've learned, I don't believe bio-identical hormones can stop ovulation, I think only the pill can do that but you would have to ask your doctor or gyno ! I found that even when I was on birth control, I still had a really crappy time during my periods while tapering off Prozac.. it seems to have something to do with withdrawal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siwoue

Its been 8 months since i quit Lexapro. Its been hell, ofc. But regarding pms? Oh my lord. I suffer from reeealy bad pmdd since ssri. 

 

So i had some tests done, showed low on progesterone, i got to try Lutinus. Shouldnt. It nearly killed me. So I decided to try the cream instead. All natural, sounded better. So. Besides feeling like crap from ssri most days of the month.... 

I took 200mg of the cream, 10 days a month for 3 months, felt awesome at first! Then Another level of hell broke loose. For 10 days a month now instead I shiver, have fevers and "the flue" on and off all the time. Crazy sinus issues! My nerves are all over the place, everthing hot feels cold and vice versa on my skin, feels like cold water running down my back. My eyes hurt, my teeth hurt and worse of all is the burning skin.. Everywhere i had put the cream my skin is on fire 24/7, im red and  flushing and sweating like a pig, joint pain, muscle pain, my soles on feet hurt, my left arm went numb, dizzy like crazy and just lie in my bed and shake for some days, and im tired.. Like.. Awfully tired, cortisoldrops thru the days.. Where i need to sleep asap. Anxiety from mars!! The day i get ny period everthing in my body buzzez, i cant even stand up, or even crawl to the bathroom. DP is nothing compared to this feeling. 

 

 

... These sre just some of my side effects. Its been 3 months since i quit the cream. Its getting little better by time.. But can your body heal itself now? Will my adrenal go back to normal? Have i destroid myself for good? 😕 So Yeah, im scared shitless now. I know progesterone affects cns, and get stored in fat tissues.. So maybe in time it all would be gone from my body. I hope. 

 

Just my varning here, I would rather rewind, try again to balance with healthy foods, cbt (like reading Claire weekes), try some herbs instead and listen when most docs said i didnt need any HRT since i have my period every month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Priscilla

I haven't had my period in over 5 months. I was not even going to post here because I now feel like a lost cause. Has anyone gone without their period this long and got it back? How long did it take to return to a normal cycle?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMart95
3 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

I haven't had my period in over 5 months. I was not even going to post here because I now feel like a lost cause. Has anyone gone without their period this long and got it back? How long did it take to return to a normal cycle?

 

Oh yes many people have gone years and got it back , it depends on what the cause is. Hormone imbalance, perimenopause, PCOS, being underweight, stress, certain medications, illness can all cause missed periods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy