SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

apace41: tapering Zoloft / sertraline

apace41

• Moderator Emeritus

AHA!

Gotcha, Love.

Well, I was a little late to the party and went fro 100mg to 75mg after a month and then down to 50mg after another two months, so I didn't do it really right from the start.  And, unfortunately, that has been catching up with me lately in the form of the ongoing pins and needles.  But, I get your point and am in a better place than those that had no idea and CT'd or, as instructed by doctor, did the virtual equivalent over a 1 month or less.

Thanks, Love.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Yes, I arrived when the party was over ;)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

So, my scheduled reduction was to drop to 29mg on 8/1, but, as I've described, I've been having continued issues with the numbness and tingling (pins and needles) in the extremities (especially hands and arms).  Thought about holding for a while longer but decided to go halfway and do a sort of modified "BrassMonkeySlide" by dropping from 33mg to 31mg rather than the full 4mg.  I figured this was a safer approach and was still moving forward with the taper (given the strong -- sometimes overwhelming -- desire to get off the meds). 

Overall, haven't had a dramatic difference that I've noted in the past several days.  No ramping up of the symptoms -- if anything, perhaps a touch less (but it was the weekend so I'm back at work).

What I'd really, really love would be to just get to some point where I feel more connected and enthusiastic about stuff.  The only emotion I seem to be able to really show these days is anger and I'm not sure if that's withdrawal or my life situation (probably a combination of both).  I'd like to feel happiness, compassion, sadness, etc.  Other than getting pissed off a fair amount I feel like I'm pretty much a blank slate.  I care about things and can express that, e.g., on the board, however, I don't feel like I'm truly emoting if that makes any sense.

Hoping things pick up as I continue down the path.

Best to all,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Andy, I don't feel like you're a "blank slate" at all.  You are very caring. You can always tell.

I'm not a "taperer', although I wish I was, bit the  "B.M.S" method sounds good , or the usual S.A.  - 10%.

I've had the "burning" as well, but for me it's the legs.  Totally "intolerable", to the point of wanting to "chop" off a limb.   I hope this improves for you, very soon. 

Thank you for your support , on my thread. That means a lot to me.    Unfortunately, like "Love", I was too late, as well.    Take Care ,   Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Andy, I don't feel like you're a "blank slate" at all.  You are very caring. You can always tell.

Thanks, Ali.  :wub:

That's sweet of you.

Sometimes it just feels like it's all "going on around me" rather than "me being a part of it."

If you know what I mean.

Hope you sleep.  :(

Andy

Andy,

How are things with you?

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

• Moderator Emeritus

Andy,

How are things with you?

Thanks for asking, Pug.

Honestly, if I answered earlier as I planned I'd have said "pretty good." Then I started getting pain in my low back and then I got hit with a wave of anxiety that my back pain was from my heart and I was going to have a heart attack. So, I got more anxious and nauseous and stomach issues, etc.

So, all in all, not the best to be honest.

Andy

Hey Andy,

Sorry to hear that. I am sure that will subside soon.

Take care,

PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Andy,

Sorry to hear that. I am sure that will subside soon.

Take care,

PB

Thanks a lot, PapaBear (I never commented on your obvious love for the Crimson Tide with your name and state).

I had a kind of rough night and didn't sleep a lot. Cortisol levels were up pretty high and I was ruminating a lot.  I also realized that I had an iced coffee around 5:30 as I was doing some work at a Starbucks so I may have self-inflicted some of the adrenaline rush.

Appreciate your checking in.  Hope you are doing well.

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Andy ,  did the bulletproof coffee arrive?   I've been using a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee - sounds disgusting but tastes fabulous.

(For anyone reading this , coconut oil is a great way to get the omega 3 oils that help our brains to recover.)

Watch out for disaster pants.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Andy ,  did the bulletproof coffee arrive?   I've been using a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee - sounds disgusting but tastes fabulous.

(For anyone reading this , coconut oil is a great way to get the omega 3 oils that help our brains to recover.)

Watch out for disaster pants.

:)

Hi, Fresh.  Yes, got my latest shipment.  I've been having it 3 or 4 times a week.  Didn't have it this morning since I had a high cortisol night and didn't sleep well.

Funny about disaster pants.  When you add up a lot of coconut oil, magnesium, etc., it's pretty easy to get pretty "loose."

LOL.

Hope you are well, Fresh.  Your story to date has been an inspiration for a lot of us.

;)

Andy

Hi Andy.  Thank you for your kind & encouraging words on my thread. I appreciate the support.

Just a word of caution, for the "bulletproof coffee.  It can cause "heart palpitations", and speed your system up too much.  You mentioned about feeling like you're having a heart attack.  Withdrawal in general can cause "tachycardia", which could then be exacerbated by the coffee & coconut oil.  It can really "rev" you up.  It's happened to me. Also , be careful when you take it ( not too late in the day), as it can "mess" with your sleep.  I think coconut oil can be great, but you have to be careful, in my opinion.

Take good care of yourself & hope you feel better soon. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Andy.  Thank you for your kind & encouraging words on my thread. I appreciate the support.

Just a word of caution, for the "bulletproof coffee.  It can cause "heart palpitations", and speed your system up too much.  You mentioned about feeling like you're having a heart attack.  Withdrawal in general can cause "tachycardia", which could then be exacerbated by the coffee & coconut oil.  It can really "rev" you up.  It's happened to me. Also , be careful when you take it ( not too late in the day), as it can "mess" with your sleep.  I think coconut oil can be great, but you have to be careful, in my opinion.

Take good care of yourself & hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks, Ali.  I appreciate you returning the visit!  Hope you got some sleep last night (hard to keep up with day and night with all you "down under" types).  I agree with what you said completely and I made the mistake yesterday of having some Starbucks at 6PM and I think that was a big contributor to how I felt last night.

I only do the coconut oil in the morning and only do the bulletproof coffee 3 or so times a week.  I'm actually thinking about doing an elimination diet to confirm that there is nothing else going on outside of withdrawal (e.g., leaky gut, SIBO, etc.) in which case I would be off all coffee for 21 days. Probably would be a good idea but it's so hard to give up the couple of comforts left.

Anyway, I digress.  You are sweet to stop by and pass on sage advice.

Thanks again, Ali.

Be well,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Ali , any refs for coconut oil contributing to tachycardia , or anything else we should be careful of (other than disaster pants).

I've been reading alot about it and haven't come across that yet.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Fresh , It's thermogenic, like caffeine.   I like it. I was just saying to be careful if you have heart palpitations.  I have , and  I have experienced it after taking  it. However, I will continue to take it in small quantities, at the right time, as I think it can be helpful.   We are all "ultra - sensitive" to these things, and  as Andy said he was having some sort of "heart arrhythmia",  I just thought it wise to  advise caution.   I have "come across it".  Just "google".  I have  S.V.T. ( supraventricular  tachycardia ), and have to be extremely careful, and know from experience it can "ramp" you up.  I'm not taking away from coconut oils health benefits. It's just in "withdrawal" we  can be extremely sensitive, and have to be cautious, as with any supplements.   

• Moderator Emeritus

as Andy said he was having some sort of "heart arrhythmia",  I just thought it wise to  advise caution.   I

Thanks as always for your concern, Ali.  Just to clarify, no arrhythmia, more of a health anxiety and fear that pain in my back was the start of a cardiovascular event. Not particularly rational, but who among us is in w/d?  Catastrophic thinking is one of my favorite symptoms.  It's part of my DNA to begin with but during this process I take it to a whole new level!

I think you are wise to counsel caution with any new supplement, food, etc.  Always good to test it out and see how it affects you at different times of the day.  We also all have different reactions to different things.  Duh.  Thank you Captain Obvious!!!

LOL

Andy

LOL. :lol:  . Stay well.

Hi Andy,

How is your sleep, and other symptoms? I have given up coffee for now at least, and it was not easy as I love nothing more than a hot cup on a cool morning. I do have a cup of regular tea a couple of times each week, and some green tea, but mostly just herbal tea. I sometimes wonder if giving up the coffee has made a difference or not, but if it has helped 1% then it is worth it. I do read that most people can enjoy it once again after withdrawal is over, so maybe in the future.

I hope you are well, stay strong.

Ultimately, it's up to you to make that decision. I just wanted you to be aware of the risk.

• Moderator Emeritus

I give up. Do what you want.  I'm over this.  It's all too hard !!

Huh? Not sure I follow, Ali.

What prompted this?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Just dropping by your thread to say hello.

I relate to the catastrophic thinking you mentioned. It stinks!!!

A pain in my arm or my chest , or in my head, and I am off and running with it!

It's worse right now since I am on the lowest dose ever of zoloft. My brain is very hyper vigilant at the moment.

I am trying to do EFT tapping when it occurs, which seems to help the intensity of it.

You have a great sense of humor about all of this, and it comes thru in your posts.

Keep going forward,Andy !

All the best,

RB

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Andy,

Just dropping by your thread to say hello.

I relate to the catastrophic thinking you mentioned. It stinks!!!

A pain in my arm or my chest , or in my head, and I am off and running with it!

It's worse right now since I am on the lowest dose ever of zoloft. My brain is very hyper vigilant at the moment.

I am trying to do EFT tapping when it occurs, which seems to help the intensity of it.

You have a great sense of humor about all of this, and it comes thru in your posts.

Keep going forward,Andy !

All the best,

RB

Thanks for stopping by, RB.

I always was somewhat hyper-vigilant due to family history, etc., so maybe I would have been like this anyway, but I think the meds and w/d have greatly exacerbated it. 

I have a question but will post on your thread to keep your stuff on your thread so people don't respond to you on my thread and we all get more confused than we already are!

:wacko:

Andy

Sorry for my little "melt down". LOL. !!  I had not slept in 3 days/ nights, and was at the end of  my patience.  It's probably not wise for me to post here in that condition, as I get very "neuro - emotional" and highly over reactive , when I'm soooo tired !  Fresh gave me a hard time over the comments on the coconut oil, and I "snapped" a little.  Nothing to do with you.  So sorry !!   :blush:

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for my little "melt down". LOL. !!  I had not slept in 3 days/ nights, and was at the end of  my patience.  It's probably not wise for me to post here in that condition, as I get very "neuro - emotional" and highly over reactive , when I'm soooo tired !  Fresh gave me a hard time over the comments on the coconut oil, and I "snapped" a little.  Nothing to do with you.  So sorry !!   :blush:

No reason to apologize whatsover, Ali!  Lack of sleep is so difficult and mind-altering.

Hang in there.  It will improve soon.  I'm confident.

Andy

Andy,

That was so sweet of you to search for a doctor in Glasgow to help out Broken like that.

How awesome that there's one near him , too. I hope Dr. Tosh can help.

Take care of yourself, Andy!????

RB

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

I HATE the one step forward two steps back nature of this process.  Had a pretty good weekend where I was able to do a fair amount and thought, "okay -- moving in the right direction."  Came into work today and doing fine.  All of a sudden got hit with a wave of dizziness where I felt like my brain did an entire somersault inside my head.  Totally flipped me out and got hit with a wave of panic.

So frustrating.

UGH.

:(

Andy

Oh... I know that feeling! It's so disheartening to get disappointed after being all excited about some healing progress. 

I admire that you're able to work in the middle of withdrawal! 

I hope the wave stays away from you and you get another nice window soon! 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

I HATE the one step forward two steps back nature of this process.  Had a pretty good weekend where I was able to do a fair amount and thought, "okay -- moving in the right direction."  Came into work today and doing fine.  All of a sudden got hit with a wave of dizziness where I felt like my brain did an entire somersault inside my head.  Totally flipped me out and got hit with a wave of panic.

So frustrating.

UGH.

:(

Andy

Andy,

It is very frustrating and challenging, I understand completely. I hope this was just a blip and that you are back to feeling better; and since you were just feeling better, it can happen again for you, and quickly.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Laura and Pug!  It's weird.  It's not like I went into a wave per se.  I just had that 3-5 seconds of disorientation and washer cycle of the brain.  Does that resonate with others?  Laura, were you saying that you've had that feeling as well?

Scared the crap out of me, largely because of my catastrophized thinking and the fact that my father had a stroke 2 years younger than I am!  Really plays with your sanity.

Input welcome!

Andy

Hey Andy, 

yeah, I had this too. All kinds of crazy feelings. I've also read about other members saying "things are spinning" or them being disoriented. 

If you're really worried, you could do the stroke test with someone you trust: 

http://www.webmd.com/stroke/news/20030213/got-minute-you-could-diagnose-stroke

But I think if the symptoms just lasted for a couple of seconds, it was more "neurons misfiring" as I call it. 

I hope you don't worry too much although I know it's scary. 

Cheers, 

Laura

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Laura.  No other signs of any real issue.  Just to be clear, I don't really think I'm having a stroke -- it just is the basis for a triggering in my amygdala that says "time to gear up for fight or flight!"

:blink:

Andy

Ah! I understand now: the fight and flight mechanism. Automatic fear response in the face of physical symptoms, even though in your logical mind you know they mean no harm. Ugh, that must be horrible thing to put up with in withdrawal. 

I get this fight and flight response in other situations, luckily not with health issues. I guess I can consider myself lucky.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again, Laura.

Appreciate your posts and your understanding.

Sidenote:  for those interested, today is the first day of the Mental Wellness Summit:

http://mentalwellnesssummit.com/yhryui/

If you go and register you can listen to some great speakers.  Today includes Kelly Brogan and Robert Whittaker.  I listened to both and they are really enlightening.

Andy

Hi Andy,

It was awesome that you found a Doctor , near "Broken".  I hope this helps him.

"Dizziness" was one of my main symptoms, but I rarely suffer from it anymore.  It just "receded" into the background, and I didn't even notice for a while, until one day it became apparent, that it wasn't there anymore.  Problem gone. 

I think we have all had those times where certain  "neurological symptoms" have set us off, worrying that we have a "brain tumor" or something similar.  My daughter gets "freaked out " when I say things like "I've got tingling in my face " , or  "I'm getting heart palpitations again ".  She works in "medicine", but does not understand that this is " classic withdrawal ".   She always thinks I'm on the verge of a stroke , and keeps telling me to go  see a doctor. LOL !!

Anyway, Take care,   Love , Ali . :)

Hi Andy,

I hope that you feel better by now!

Go Alabama :-) No, I only chose PapaBear because my little daughter keeps calling me that - probably because of all the weight I gained as a consequence of taking paroxetine. So just a (funny) coincidence.

PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for checking in, PB.

I'm doing OK. Just finished a very stressful period at work so hope to destress a little.

How are you?

Andy