Healing

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Cigale
On 6/2/2020 at 8:25 PM, LiferButOK said:

But I NEVER imagined that I should/could gently expect and accept unpleasant feelings, with the faith that they were harmless and would pass.  Instead I freaked out, thinking that discomfort should be medically addressed, because it meant I was ill.  That was an incorrect thought.  The body is just doing its best to adapt to things.  What is it informing me about??  I need to calm down and listen.  I also need to remember that I like playing in waves at the beach, even when they sometimes hit me in the face or knock me down.

Thank you LiferButOK. You got to the heart of my current struggle here. Plus I am going to check your link on allostatic load (and thanks to Altostrata).

Anord

All of the information posted here is helping me go through withdrawal easier. A can confirm that there it the wave /window pattern but I am very confused about withdrawal normal baseline. April 1st 2019 I quit 20 MG Paxil in 3 months taper after taking it for 15 months. 90 percent of symptoms posted here on this site appeared. They were subsiding with time, more of them went away, some stayed. I was hit hard by the 10 month wave which happened in February 2020. It also passed. But what worries me the most that 3 weeks ago I received some bad news which threw me completely off balance. Immidietly after that my sleep deteriorated and in the following  days I began feeling even worst, the way I was feeling in the begging 13 months ago, worst that the 10 month wave - waking up in fear 5 am, lost my appetite, feeling anxious, lost and in despair. I am having mild nausea and sweaty palms and feet, fatigue is also present. These last 3 symptoms were not present in my withdrawal till now. I was wondering if it is possible to get such a dip in withdrawal normal baseline after experiencing pretty descent progress ( frankly said, I was thinking about writing a success story) and have have new symptoms despite being for more than a year off Paxil ? 

Frogie
On 6/7/2020 at 6:54 AM, Anord said:

All of the information posted here is helping me go through withdrawal easier. A can confirm that there it the wave /window pattern but I am very confused about withdrawal normal baseline. April 1st 2019 I quit 20 MG Paxil in 3 months taper after taking it for 15 months. 90 percent of symptoms posted here on this site appeared. They were subsiding with time, more of them went away, some stayed. I was hit hard by the 10 month wave which happened in February 2020. It also passed. But what worries me the most that 3 weeks ago I received some bad news which threw me completely off balance. Immidietly after that my sleep deteriorated and in the following  days I began feeling even worst, the way I was feeling in the begging 13 months ago, worst that the 10 month wave - waking up in fear 5 am, lost my appetite, feeling anxious, lost and in despair. I am having mild nausea and sweaty palms and feet, fatigue is also present. These last 3 symptoms were not present in my withdrawal till now. I was wondering if it is possible to get such a dip in withdrawal normal baseline after experiencing pretty descent progress ( frankly said, I was thinking about writing a success story) and have have new symptoms despite being for more than a year off Paxil ? 

Hi:

I just wonder if it could be the news you received that sent you into a small wave?

I had that happen to me when I had bad news brought to me after I took my last dose of Lexapro.

Can you maybe try some meditation or use CBT to help?

I’m sorry you are going through this. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Tom37

Hi all,

About 18 months have been going through this and have been slowly getting better. Still getting waves but they seemed to be milder and 3 to 5 days long followed by decent windows/baseline which are slowly getting better.

However have been hit with a really horrible wave that is worse I’ve had in months and months. Probably equal to a wave I I had about a year ago. Worse part is the symptoms get so bad I can’t sleep at all because of them yet still have to function. 

Just need to be told that this is normal and not to stress about it. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Get concerned as the general idea is waves get milder and milder not with big waves out of nowhere.

Thanks