Healing

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tweet
On 8/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Edmunds said:

Thanks for the encouragement to @Amira123 and @Tweet. I would have replied sooner, but I did not see email notifications as I usually do.

It's interesting that I stopped taking Prozac once before, in 2015, with a very fast taper (psych endorsed) but did not experience much WD that I can recall. I must keep in mind, though, that I also switched over to Lexapro and then Cymbalta for fairly short periods, which probably blunted any WD.

I've been on the Prozac taper since January 2020 without any clear line of improvement, and then a worsening of distress and blurred vision symptoms during the past 5 weeks when I went down from 6 to 4 mg. I don't have pronounced waves and windows, though I have occasional days when I think an upward trend is starting--though doesn't.

I'm thinking that even though I have been off Effexor since May 2019 (way too fast WD) and got through 5 tough months of WD, my brain is still rebuilding from 3.5 years on Effexor and Wellbutrin. I would also like to ask how much of my various forms of distress might just be consequences of the fact that I was on ADs most of the time for the past 33 years. My brain is therefore working overtime.

I was basically cold turkey off the Prozac so for me it is not really possible to answer your question. As I am no longer experiencing much  now in the way of wd symptoms, many of which dealt with dread, depression, anxiety, rumination,  I would assume that most if not all of your symptoms are a result of withdrawal and will clear over time.

I am now learning skills for coping with leftover anxiety, but that is probably just what got me on meds in the first place.

Doing the hard work after all these years instead of pharma. Hope this helps. You can do this! If I can then anyone can!

This is the best of my recollection.

20 mg Prozac 3-4 days per week until May 2018.

Beginning May 15 I began to drop doses. 

I dropped 1 dose per week for the next 4 weeks.

It was not systematic at all. I don't have which days I took what.

so the week of May 13 I took 4 doses, which was pretty normal for me.

Then the week of May 20 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The week of May 27 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The 1st week in June l took 2 doses 20 mg.

The week of June 10, 2018 was my last dose 20 mg.

I had been on Prozac only. No other medications.

Katygran

I too am tapering Fluoxitine (previously Prozac but chemist only fluoxitine now available

End 2013 on 20mg Prozac

then 2 Yr ago started slow taper 1 tab every other day (10mg a day) no wd

May 2020 changed to fluoxitine and as 10 mg tabs available at chemist changed to 1 10mg tab 6 days a week.

No wd for 6 weeks then tummy upsets wind then low mood anxiety and now severe fatigue.is this still wd? too scared to taper further.

Anyone else experienced sever fatigue ?

kind regards

Kate

August 2013 depression(A Deppressants prozac
20 mg prozac a day.
June 2017 started slow taper down to  15 mg by december2017.
Jan 2018 down to 10mg a day.
May 2020 chemist changed tabs from Prozac to Fluoxitine 10 mg tabs

I x 10mg tab 6 days a week

8.57mg a day.

Edmunds

Fatigue has been a continuing symptom for me since mid 2019. It’s mainly a mental fatigue, as if I were studying all night for an exam. I think our brains are working overtime to get stabilized. 

Fluoxetine 1997-2014, 2015, 10-40 mgs (poop-out  April 2013)

Bupropion 2013-14, 4 mos. To 450 mg tapered to 0 in 3 wks no w/d trouble

Lexapro 2014 30 mg Cymbalta 2014

Neuro-Feedback 2015 May-Sept, no ADs those 5 months, no significant benefit, rather increased anxiety during and after, which may have been WD from Lexapro

Buspirone 2015 40 mg

Venlafaxine Dec. 14, 2015 – May 23, 2019 150 mg

Bupropion/Wellbutrin Mar 2017 – July 19, 2019 300 mg

Fluoxetine/Prozac May 2019 – present, currently (08-19-20) at 2 mg., down from 20 starting January 2019

Lorazepam 0.5 2019 stopped taking it 08/31/2019

B12, 1000 mcg, D3, 2,000 mg, Omega 3, 1,200 mg, L-methylfolate (Deplin) 15 mg, Magnesium Chelate, 250 mg