The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

On 4/29/2021 at 9:51 AM, Phoenixmama said:

Are there any withdraw symptoms that could mean your close to the end of withdraw????

Withdrawal is slow and non-linear.  Keep a journal of your symptoms and how you are feeling.  What you should find as you heal is that over time symptoms slowly get better and the window and waves pattern, the windows get longer and the waves get shorter.  Unfortunately negative symptoms may feel like they can get turned on like a light switch, but positives are slow and gradual.  A journal can help you keep track of the small successes you see over time that may not be as easy to spot when caught up in the moment.

It may not feel like it, but if we are taking care of ourselves every day can be a day towards more healing.

40 yo Male. Started Paxil about 15 years ago. 10 mg (pill weight .125 - .129 g). 5 yrs wanted less side effects, doctor took me off Paxil over couple week period and put me on Wellbutrin. Not good. Went back on Paxil. Relieved my symptoms, but didn't work as well and more side effects. Severe reaction between Paxil and Zomig Summer of 2012. Head was affected during warmer days (cloudiness, confusion, pressure). Began 10% withdrawal 10/24/12.

Withdrawel helped many symptoms, but also added side effects: nausea, dizziness, tiredness. Hyper-anxiety started January 2014.

Went through a 2 year period of de-realization (2016-2018).  Rarely any windows.  
Current dose: 0.00 as of 4/10/21.  Made a lot of progress in my withdrawal symptoms the last 2 years of my taper.  I think doing a liquid taper helped stabilize things on the lower doses.  A lot of my symptoms have reduced significantly.  Hoping for even more improvement now that I am off.
My thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8909-rusty1-paxil-withdrawal-help-and-advice-welcome/#entry150222

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pepita

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• Steve61

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ADMIN NOTE:    SEE ALSO:   Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms   Stabilising After a Reduction - What Does That Mean? Withdrawal Normal Description

It's all waves and windows, Nickie, so don't get discouraged if you feel bad again.   The windows get longer and the waves get weaker until, one day, you can say you feel normal.

This was my experience although I had the "holes" then the "good windows" (although for a very very long time the good was pretty bad). I still have some residual symptoms with the holes/windows, but

Thank you , I will surely do that 🙏🏼

started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy