SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Fuhgetabouddit: I need help

Fuhgetabouddit

Yes, that's my impression. Any dr with a huge grocery bag piled full of a drug for just one patient who is saying no thanks and they get handed over anyway, something is wrong there.

1997, 10mg Zoloft, c/t after week, no problems; 1997 lexapro, c/t after week, no problems. 2004 synthroid 88 mcg, Armour thyroid 30 mg. current-synthroid 50 mg, armour thyroid 60 mg. August 2014 4 mg betamethasone inj, rocephin inj, bactrim ds 180/750, epipen inj, 3 mg Albuterol inhaled, benadryl as box instructed for less than 72 hour period, 75 mg effexor, quit after one dose

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuhgetabouddit

• cymbaltawithdrawal5600

• Pugknows

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading all I can on how to deal with the smorgasbord of symptoms in this, I'm pretty sure the 24/7 neck pain I mentioned earlier is most probably cervical Dystonia. In the days after stopping all of the meds prescribed, I had this awful grabbing/pulling in my neck (so severe, I thought I was having either a stroke or seizure). I'm pretty certain now that it was spasmodic cervical Dystonia. The visible spasming has stopped, but the contraction of the neck muscles is still ongoing, causing great pain and immobility.

Obviously, taking anything drug-wise is absolutely out of the question.

Any suggestions on dealing with this pain? Right now, it just feels like I am in a non-stop painful crick, but I can keep my head upright. There is no tilting to any direction. In fact, trying to move in any direction is what brings about the pain. So basically, it's like my neck is stuck in one very uncomfortable position. Tilting forward, backward or to either side brings a great deal of pain.

I do hope this is a symptom that will somewhat subside, or even better, completely resolve over time????

1997, 10mg Zoloft, c/t after week, no problems; 1997 lexapro, c/t after week, no problems. 2004 synthroid 88 mcg, Armour thyroid 30 mg. current-synthroid 50 mg, armour thyroid 60 mg. August 2014 4 mg betamethasone inj, rocephin inj, bactrim ds 180/750, epipen inj, 3 mg Albuterol inhaled, benadryl as box instructed for less than 72 hour period, 75 mg effexor, quit after one dose

I am having similar issues with my neck. I went to ER once thinking there was a partial blockage or something. Wish I knew what to do about it. When it gets bad it goes into my back as well. Sorry you are suffering from this.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

I'm reading that Botox can help with mobility and pain but I suppose I would really need to weight that option out with a very experienced neurologist. Botox has a bit of effect on the CNS and I am terrified of doing anything to worsen my existing problems.

The good news is that also in reading, this is classified as somewhat of a transient thing in a withdrawal state. Please let that be true for us! Hopefully the fact that it has gone from an obvious spasmodic attack like episode to what it is now is a good sign.

I also thought blockage initially!!! Because it seems to affect the two large muscles which run parallel to those main arteries in the neck. Mine even takes hold of the muscles at the back and top of my head.

Oh and the clenched jaw feeling. Even though I am not actively clenching my jaws, my whole mouth feels tensed up as if I am.

Yup me too. U r the first one to mention anything similar to what I have experienced. I am also wondering about vit D deficiency. I take it everyday but was deficient in the past and this can cause muscle weakness spasm and pain. I have issues with my legs and feet as well. Who knows at this point.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Yes, me too on the Vit D. I have also been low on B12 and iron. I have no idea what my current levels are but hope to have them checked soon.

If I turn my head a certain way, I get an electrical shock type sensation down either or both of my arms all the way down into my fingers with spasming of my hands and some or all of my fingers. It depends on the position in which I'm attempting as to what part of arm/hand/fingers it affects. The spas/twitches in my hands and fingers is definitely visible.

I also have a kind of pulling down sensation in the bottom left corner of my lip. My forehead and between the eyes also has this very weird contracting sensation. Neither of these are visible though, it just seems to be sensations. I do have a visible eye twitch that alternates from eye to eye. In the beginning, it was a horrible burning with an almost water trickling sensation on my forehead. That stopped about 2 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, an update is due. I went ahead and had an MRI/MRA done. My MRI was clear, but the neuro said I do have a small area of artery narrowing due to plaque on the basilar artery which is the base of the brain close to the brainstem. He said if it were to get worse, there is no chance of surgery because of its location and risk factor.

During my follow-up, I talked with him about the neck pain and how I have the electrical sensations when moving my head in certain directions. He said this is called Lhermitte's sign and is sending me now for an MRI of cervical spine neck. I do not think I have MS. After reading the wiki entry on Lhermitte's I see it is a sign of WITHDRAWAL! So I do think I have been on the right track all along with concluding I am in withdrawal. I also saw a post here by altostrata on this very symptom.

The good news, my windows are getting more and more clear. I am slowly learning to accept what is going on and no matter how strange and uncomfortable it feels, trying to face the day by not hiding in my house.

The head pressure, intense anxiety/cortisol surges and suicidal ideation has let up some as well. I have to stop looking at day to day or week to week even, and look at my progress in terms of months. I have made progress when compared to 6 months ago.

Update! I have my neck MRI tomorrow. I thought I posted an update last week/weekend but I don't see it. My brain MRI was clear, I'm so happy about that but the MRA showed a small area of arterial narrowing with plaque.

I'm still having the horrible neck pain with the spasms going down into my arms and fingers on both left and right.

My tinnitus is nearly practically GONE! also, my skin is starting to become moist again, as are my eyes!! My ears are also producing wax! I'm hiccuping and sneezing and burping!!! These are all things that came to a complete halt when this started.

I went grocery shopping today!! Granted, my daughter had to go and help but I got out of the house!

My vision is coming back!!!!

I am still having slight head pressure along with a very tender spot right on the top of my head and I am still having bouts of slow thinking/somewhat depersonalized but these are significantly less than they were when I first posted here.

I'm also laughing a little more and interested in food again. Not where I want to be yet by a long shot.

Those morning cortisol surges are soooo much less. Feels more like butterflies now rather than a gush of adrenaline.

I will keep posting any improvements and hopefully a diagnosis of what is going on in my neck.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's lovely to hear things are improving fuhget.    Sounds like you have bottomed out and are coming up the other side.  Hoping the neck situation isn't serious.

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 1 month later...

As promised, here's an update...my neck WAS in fact actually my neck after all. I went for the MRI and it showed a very horrible rupture at levels c 5,6 and 7. The neurologist scheduled a next day appointment with the neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon had me in surgery the very next morning. He said if I had even the slightest bump or fall, I'd never walk again. My spinal cord was nearly completely pinched in two. So I've been in recovery going on 5 weeks.

As for the other stuff, up until last night there were only minor improvements. I got fed up and after doing much reading, I figured if the problem had anything at all to do with my histamine (which apparently also works with serotonin) that I would try red wine. Red wine has a lot of histamine which I do seem to be in shortage of. Today has brought almost mind boggling improvement!!! I know where I am, like I truly "feel" everything going on when I walk outside or walking through my house. It's definitely crazy, whatever the reason. I slept very well last night as well. I had maybe about 8-10 ounces, nothing crazy, not even enough to become tipsy.

So there's my update and I will be back again if any new developments happen.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Fuhgetabouddit: I need help