SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

KatyM: Getting off Paroxatene or paxil

KatyM

Welcome, KatyM,

This medication needs to be taken every day, even when tapering. I'll give you a link that explains more - Frequently asked questions about tapering

Start taking your dose every day, at about the same time each day.

If you can give us a list of your tapering schedule (dates and dosages), we can help you with how to taper as comfortably as possible. It's best to put that in a "signature" that appears on each of your posts, so we give the most appropriate advice for you. But if you don't know how to do that and aren't feeling well, just put it in a reply on this thread, and we'll help you do the signature.

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

I am currently on paroxatene paxil 12.5 was on 25 now down to 12.5 everyother day feel like a yoyo!!! Help

Hello Katy... how long have you been on this schedule? Not good to alternate doses. Doesn't give your brain a chance to adjust... thus why you are feeling like a yoyo. For a good quality of life while tapering, we suggest around 10% of your current dose every 3-6 weeks. Some people can handle a bit more...some considerably less, like 1mg!

Go back on the dose you last felt stable. Stay there for a few weeks and then you can begin a slow taper. The important thing is quality of life while tapering, which is why 10% is suggested.

Charter Member 2011