☼ AliG: Surviving

AliG

Thanks Sky. I appreciate your thoughts. I have done EMDR therapy ~ along with most of the therapies available. Maybe, that's where I got it from. That exercise is about putting aside feelings/situations that you can't change or resolve.Those that are in the "too hard" basket. As I continue to practice, it becomes somewhat easier over time. it's all about acceptance. Some things ~ we just can not change.

As we are about to go into the new year, I thought it was an opportune time for a quick update.

The good news is that I'm almost completely symptom - free. I find this hopeful, not only for me but for everyone struggling with symptoms of withdrawal. It gets better but it takes time.

Apart from the occasional neuro - emotion or the odd couple of sleepless nights ~ I feel I'm almost back. Back to life and back from the brink ...

It's been a rough/challenging few years but ultimately worthwhile, with what I have learned about health and wellness through out this experience. It has been a steep learning curve and one that has not only taught me about psych health but also natural/alternative, drug - free health. The body knows how to heal itself, if you give it a chance and step out of it's way by avoiding Big Pharma's medications and protocols. Just give it what it needs and leave out the rest. It knows what to do.

If we can get back to the essential basics of fresh air, sunlight, whole food, water, exercise, meditation, sleep, purpose and love ~ then we can do away with the drugs. It's easier said than done ~ but never the less, it's a goal to ultimately work towards daily.

We have to become our own health advocates and research everything health - related. Don't necessarily take your doctor's word on anything ~ always look it up. It pays to become an expert in your own health. Nobody cares as much about you, as you do. Become an expert in you. Do the homework. It will pay off - in health.

I have found the " emotional spiral" challenging, but this Xmas ~ it eased up, at a time which is usually so very difficult for me. This is a sign of healing and so noticeably different from this time last year.

I've been reluctant to write much here lately because of the windows and waves nature of withdrawal and the inordinate amount of time this process seems to take but I realize it is the nature of recovery and the truth is important to put out there, no matter how hard it can be to hear, at times. The truth is that this process takes time and patience.

I'm a bit of a hard case ~ almost 20 years on and off A/D's  with many cold - turkeys: but if I can do it ~ anyone can. There is really so much hope. Keep a positive attitude and anything is possible. :) 

Happy New Year

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi,Ali

this gives me so much hope as you know we have similar histories...so happy for you.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Christmas...I was so dreading it b/c X-mas eve I felt terrible but then ended up feeling pretty good Christmas day.

glad it's over with tho.

now let's look forward to total healing in the new year!  ( I pray ) :)

love,ds  xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hi ali

so good to hear you are doing so well and enjoying Christmas and new year. You have given me and I’m sure everyone struggling at this time hope that it does get better we just have to keep fighting. 

‘Happy new year. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Amazing Ali, you can be so proud of yourself for having got to the "other side".

I don't think one can view life in the same way again having gone through drug WD.  

Anyway, as others have said, you're an inspiration to those of us still "walking the walk" to freedom from these drugs.

HUGS,

JC xx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi Ali:

I'm so glad you are feeling better, with all the challenges you have faced.

I hope the New Year finds you even more healing and feeling good about yourself. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
59 minutes ago, AliG said:

The good news is that I'm almost completely symptom - free. I find this hopeful, not only for me but for everyone struggling with symptoms of withdrawal. It gets better but it takes time.

Apart from the occasional neuro - emotion or the odd couple of sleepless nights ~ I feel I'm almost back. Back to life and back from the brink ...

Wonderful update, Ali. I hope that 2018 is the year of your Success Story. A hard won and successful battle.

Thanks for your update and all of the support you provide here. :)

That’s a beautiful update, Ali. And very inspiring. Thanks for posting that. It’s great for all of us still struggling to hear. 

Happy New Year

Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 hours ago, direstraits said:

Hi,Ali

this gives me so much hope as you know we have similar histories...so happy for you.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Christmas...I was so dreading it b/c X-mas eve I felt terrible but then ended up feeling pretty good Christmas day.

glad it's over with tho.

now let's look forward to total healing in the new year!  ( I pray ) :)

love,ds  xxx

I'm so glad it gives you hope, D. As it should be ~ I hope you see improvement, this year. xx 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Hi Scorpio. Thank you for your support ~ yes, it does get better with time, patience and also learned coping skills.  A "healing" tool box is so important to remaining forever drug - free, if that is your aim, which it definitely was for me.

I hope this year brings a breakthrough for you.

Happy New year

Hey AliG haven't seen you since last year.

Sounds like you are continuing to see great improvements. You are an inspiration.

Quite a backlog of newbees you cleared out this morning ...you deserve a longer than usual coffee break okay. Great going! 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Such a wonderful update Ali. An excellent way to go into the new year, I'm so happy for you.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Amazing Ali, you can be so proud of yourself for having got to the "other side".

I don't think one can view life in the same way again having gone through drug WD.  

Anyway, as others have said, you're an inspiration to those of us still "walking the walk" to freedom from these drugs.

HUGS,

JC xx

Thanks JC. I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet but I do know I'm close. It has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, without question.

Thanks Frogie. As always, you are supportive and I so appreciate that. I hope you had a lovely Xmas and let's hope 2018 is a good year for us all.

5 hours ago, Shep said:

Wonderful update, Ali. I hope that 2018 is the year of your Success Story. A hard won and successful battle.

Thanks for your update and all of the support you provide here. :)

Shep ~ you're a gem. Thank you. So glad you are sticking around. It wouldn't be the same here without you.

Thank you LG. I know your story ~ hang in there. You are on a low dose and feel it's perhaps too much, but stay stable ( at least for now). 

I’m hanging Ali. You too! 

I’m rooting for you!!

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hey NZ. Happy New Year ! :) You've been busy yourself. Thank you for all that you do around here and I'm hoping for much healing for you in the coming year. I appreciate your ongoing support and  I'm hoping for an update from you, very soon.

1 hour ago, brassmonkey said:

Such a wonderful update Ali. An excellent way to go into the new year, I'm so happy for you.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Brass

Tom, as always, you are an inspiration ~  I'm so VERY happy for you. You have lead the way with the "slide" and now are drug - free. Congratulations. I wish you nothing but the very best and hope to hear many more tales about your travels and other assorted adventures, in the very near future. :)  Thank you for stopping by. Happy New Year.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, AliG said:

Thanks Sky. I appreciate your thoughts. I have done EMDR therapy ~ along with most of the therapies available. Maybe, that's where I got it from. That exercise is about putting aside feelings/situations that you can't change or resolve.Those that are in the "too hard" basket. As I continue to practice, it becomes somewhat easier over time. it's all about acceptance. Some things ~ we just can not change.

As we are about to go into the new year, I thought it was an opportune time for a quick update.

It's been a rough/challenging few years but ultimately worthwhile, with what I have learned about health and wellness through out this experience. It has been a steep learning curve and one that has not only taught me about psych health but also natural/alternative, drug - free health. The body knows how to heal itself, if you give it a chance and step out of it's way by avoiding Big Pharma's medications and protocols. Just give it what it needs and leave out the rest. It knows what to do.

If we can get back to the essential basics of fresh air, sunlight, whole food, water, exercise, meditation, sleep, purpose and love ~ then we can do away with the drugs. It's easier said than done ~ but never the less, it's a goal to ultimately work towards daily.

We have to become our own health advocates and research everything health - related. Don't necessarily take your doctor's word on anything ~ always look it up. It pays to become an expert in your own health. Nobody cares as much about you, as you do. Become an expert in you. Do the homework. It will pay off - in health.

I have found the " emotional spiral" challenging, but this Xmas ~ it eased up, at a time which is usually so very difficult for me. This is a sign of healing and so noticeably different from this time last year.

I've been reluctant to write much here lately because of the windows and waves nature of withdrawal and the inordinate amount of time this process seems to take but I realize it is the nature of recovery and the truth is important to put out there, no matter how hard it can be to hear, at times. The truth is that this process takes time and patience.

I'm a bit of a hard case ~ almost 20 years on and off A/D's  with many cold - turkeys: but if I can do it ~ anyone can. There is really so much hope. Keep a positive attitude and anything is possible. :) 

Happy New Year

Well said AliG!!!  I had to quote....... as you can see how much...... and how many you have touched....... and  I could barely find your post.  :)   Well, and this bears quoting!

Happy New Year.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth!

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

11 hours ago, AliG said:

Happy New Year

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Very inspiring! Happy new year! 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Hello, Ali,

I tried to to read through your thread.  It's too long, but I made it to August of 2015.  Mid 2015 is about the time everything started to fall apart for me after my baby was born in May of 2011.  I find it ironic that you used meds for post partum depression whereas I had taken Celexa for 9 years before my baby was born, but it was the switch that very night to Zoloft that began to injure my brain.  

Well, I suppose there may come a day when "we don't know how or why SSRIs work" is seen for warning sign it should have been all along.  It reminds me of being prescribed migraine medicine in 1992 and being told "take this and if it works, you have migraines."  I realized much later --- years later -- that drinking coffee Mon through Fri and none on Sat and Sun was causing "migraines" on Sun and Mon!  The doctor had not so much as asked me about my coffee drinking, but he gave me a CAT scan which revealed nothing.

So, I jumped to the end of your thread and saw this:

Quoting AliG: "The good news is that I'm almost completely symptom - free. I find this hopeful, not only for me but for everyone struggling with symptoms of withdrawal. It gets better but it takes time.

It's been a rough/challenging few years but ultimately worthwhile, with what I have learned about health and wellness through out this experience. It has been a steep learning curve and one that has not only taught me about psych health but also natural/alternative, drug - free health. The body knows how to heal itself, if you give it a chance and step out of it's way . . ."

I'm so happy for you!! Of course, it gives me hope.  Thank you for hanging around to welcome the rest of us and provide support!

Yours, Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Ali, 

I finished your thread.  Maybe when you get a chance you could answer a two questions, please, on my thread?

Thank you, Happy New Year!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Hi Ali, I wanted to check in and see if you had given an update recently. Well praise the Lord!!!  I see you have.  I am so pleased for you Ali!!!!!  So very pleased to hear that you are essentially there!!!!  How GLORIOUS!!!!   Thank you for your update!!!!  So encouraging for all of us!!!!!

On 31/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, AliG said:

Happy New Year

Such a beautiful update Ali, I am sure 2018 is going to be a very good year for you, congratulations on what you have achieved!

is your sleep solid sleep now?

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

On 1/1/2018 at 10:51 AM, manymoretodays said:

Well said AliG!!!  I had to quote....... as you can see how much...... and how many you have touched....... and  I could barely find your post.  :)   Well, and this bears quoting!

Happy New Year.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth!

Sorry it took a little while to reply, M. I've been on holidays up at Sunshine Beach in Queensland and had a lovely time but just a few days ago, heard the sad news of my brother- in - law's death from cancer. He was relatively young and it was quite shocking how the medical system, not only mismanaged his care but ultimately poisoned him with their toxic Chemotherapy and Radiation. He really didn't stand a chance after that and it was a relatively quick downward slide from that point on...

The funeral is on Monday and we have to travel back up north for that but I will be back on deck, very soon. 

Thanks for your support... as always. We've known and supported each other for quite a few years now and I value your friendship.

Happy New Year, DBNO. Thanks for dropping by. I'm glad it gave you some hope ~ so very important. Positivity is key during this process.

5 minutes ago, AliG said:

Sorry it took a little while to reply, M. I've been on holidays up at Sunshine Beach in Queensland and had a lovely time but just a few days ago, heard the sad news of my brother- in - law's death from cancer. He was relatively young and it was quite shocking how the medical system, not only mismanaged his care but ultimately poisoned him with their toxic Chemotherapy and Radiation. He really didn't stand a chance after that and it was a relatively quick downward slide from that point on...

The funeral is on Monday and we have to travel back up north for that but I will be back on deck, very soon. 

Thanks for your support... as always. We've known and supported each other for quite a few years now and I value your friendship.

Ali

i am so sorry to hear of the death of your brother in law. 

There are no words. But sending up prayers. Hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Thank You, Rosetta. You're welcome. I'm sorry you're not staying around but it was nice meeting you and I'm glad we were able to help. I hope you keep us updated and perhaps write a success story in the future.

Thanks LG. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I hope you are doing a little better.

Hi Gigi. Thank you so much. I still have a little way to go but I feel I'm almost there. Please do an update of your own very soon. I hope you're doing well.

Edited by AliG

Hi DJ. Thanks. I hope 2018 is an equally good year for you. You seem to be doing well ~ Your last update was positive.

Yes- to answer your question, my sleep is restorative. As I said, I still have odd random sleepless nights but they are becoming less and for the most part I usually sleep very well at least 6 nights out of 7. I hope yours' also continues to improve but don't worry if you have a few setbacks ~ it's all part of the pattern. The important thing is not to panic - eventually it reverts back to normal.

very sorry for your loss, Ali.

you're in my thoughts and prayers.

take good care of yourself.

much love,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

31 minutes ago, AliG said:

Hi DJ. Thanks. I hope 2018 is an equally good year for you. You seem to be doing well ~ Your last update was positive.

Yes- to answer your question, my sleep is restorative. As I said, I still have odd random sleepless nights but they are becoming less and for the most part I usually sleep very well at least 6 nights out of 7. I hope yours' also continues to improve but don't worry if you have a few setbacks ~ it's all part of the pattern. The important thing is not to panic - eventually it reverts back to normal.

thanks Ali you are a true warrior, sorry to hear about your brother in law, take good care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Moderator Emeritus

Ali,

I'm so delighted to hear about how well you are doing and so saddened to hear about your brother-in-law.

I hope that things with his funeral go as easily as possible and that you can quickly return to the incredible healing journey you are coming close to concluding.  

You are an inspiration to all of us and one of our guiding lights.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

3 hours ago, AliG said:

So sorry Ali, thinking of you and your family.

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome