mrsbop: Insomnia advice and tapering at less than 1mg

mrsbop

• Administrator

mrsbop, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am now feeling a lot better.

I stayed at the 1.5mg dose and by the end of June I was starting to sleep again!! The relief was huge. The sleep was the key for me and once that came the other symptoms of anxiety and depression started to go as well. I now feel like my old self again. Staying on this dose for a little longer then will begin to try reducing again at a snails pace - if I can work up the courage...!!

Started on fluoxetine (prozac) in 1994 at 20mg dose. Have had 3 previous attempts to get of this drug over the years (1998, 2003, 2013) with agonising symptoms that always ended with me back on the drug thinking I needed it. Since recently learning about withdrawal (and realising that's what I had suffered on previous attempts) I have now been tapering 20mg fluoxetine since January 2014 in 10% drops, firstly monthly, then fortnightly then weekly. Last 0.7mg tapered by about 10% a day and stopped. Withdrawal kicked in within days so

reinstated at 0.6mg on 02/02/15. No relief

5/5/15 updosed to 1mg to try and help terrible insomnia and deteriorating health.

13/5/15 updosed to 1.5mg. Finally stabilised July 2015.

Started reducing again by 10% every 4 weeks in September.

Currently on just less than 1mg