Fresh's Fractured Fairytale: How Much Can a Koala Bear?

Fresh

Hi Fresh,

Glad that things are going your way. I enjoy reading about aromatherapy oils. It would be fantastic if you start a thread about it and how to properly dilute oils.

How much is 10% of oil in mls?

I can totally relate to you in regards to going back to work.

You will get there.

:) Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

I finally found some Frankincense oil today but it was so expensive, 12 euro for a small tiny bottle. I will start experimenting with it today. I love the way it smells. I read that neroli oil is also good for anxiety but can't figure out what it is in Bulgarian yet.

I haven't yet found a store where you can smell the oils before buying them, have to keep looking. 

They also had combinations for stress and depression, so maybe I'll buy those next. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

I'm inspired by your oil info too..just ordered Melissa oil :)xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Is neroli and orange blossom the same thing? 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Sorry Fresh havent visited for a while firstly congratulations on the new low ....dose that is ..and stable that is great news.

Some very interesting stuff here.Thanks for the kind words.

Another example: As you may know, some psychiatric medications cause sexual side effects, which can be very distressing. I’ve had success with several clients in overcoming these side effects by using ylang-ylang diluted in a carrier oil and topically applied.

I must be honest been sceptical i suppose but after reading this i will consider making an enquiry. Does the RXisk team know about this.

And i will consider the one for sleep too.

Might put some of this in my thread.

Rather than show my ignorance  i will post this:

A topical medication is a medication that is applied to body surfaces such as the skin or mucous membranes to treat ailments via a large range of classes including but not limited to creams, foams, gels, lotions, and ointments.

ok now that that is sorted ...where does one put this stuff.....oh how stupid of me ...behind the knees of course!!! And there i was thinking i had to put it ......under my feet!

Please send all oils to:

nz11

11 Good-for-nothing Drive

Silent-tortureville

Hell

Michigan.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fresh.

Took a look at your stuff and videos.  Thanks.

I wish I could add more on the Essential Oils and aromatherapy.........I have books on the stuff and a company nearby that distills called Young Living Essential Oils.  It might be something folks could google and read up on......on their own.   I had some pretty good lavender growing here and several varieties of thyme.......sad as they have seemed to die out over time......maybe just perennial for several years.  Something to get back to someday for me.

But again.......use with caution as W/D can certainly cause increased sensitivities to just about anything.  Peppermint oil has always made me feel sick.......supposed to be energizing but yuch........overstim and headaches for me.

It's fascinating though and so much less harmful than meds.

Anyway......mostly just saying hi.  You are a sweetheart and a very caring person.  Thanks for your msgs. and posts.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 3 weeks later...

How are you doing lately Fresh ? just sending some positive and healing energy your way!

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Oh n11 you do make me laugh. Just wish your address wasn't in tortureville!

Just saying hello fresh and hope your well :) x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm rocking along Mort , thanks for asking.  I've been wondering how you went with the Proper Food Combining practices?

I'm excited just now . . . things have been falling into place in a slow but steady manner.  Today I picked up my new meds and will start the next decrease tonight.   Down to 30mg . . . 3x10mg capsules with a slow-release additive.  This should help evade the interdose withdrawal I was getting.

I agree with MMT , perhaps essential oils are something people can explore on their own , or on a separate thread.  It's so easy with the internet - you do a search for "essential oils anxiety" or "essential oils insomnia" and all the information is there.  Alternately , you can search

by the name of the oil e.g melissa (also known as lemon balm) or neroli (also known as orange blossom) to see the therapeutic properties and how best to use them.

The general rule is dilute all 100% oils by 10% , coconut is the best carrier oil , it absorbs to a deeper level than others.

Young Living essential Oils was started by Dr Gary Young after he was confined to a wheelchair following an accident.  He began to investigate healing essences and has made an enormous company - Young Living Oils.  His story is amazing.

http://www.dgaryyoung.com/d-gary-young-about.php

"About D. Gary Young

After a crippling injury in his early adult years that nearly cost him his life, Gary Youngdedicated his life to researching essential oils and natural ways to combat disease, preserve health, and promote natural and healthy lifestyles. Gary has since earned a degree in nutrition, a doctorate in naturopathy, and has gone on to become one of the foremost authorities on essential oils and their therapeutic value in the world.

Today, as founder and president of Young Living Essential Oils and The D. Gary Young Foundation, Gary Young travels throughout the world furthering his research, sharing his passion with others, and bringing therapeutic essential oils and humanitarian aid to those in need."

(Something weird happens to the font here , sorry)

I'm continuing to explore ways to facilitate my recovery . . . my latest interest is coconut oil.   It helps so many things , including balancing hormones , improves digestion , burns fat , fights inflammation , boosts immunity , prevents bone loss , the list goes on. I'm thinking of adding a couple of teaspoons a day to my diet for 6 months and see how I am.  This is a great summary of the benefits of coconut oil: http://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/

Healing wishes to all   :D

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

A bit of controversy about him and his wife though Fresh.  They are real local folks really.  Some false advertising as to some of the effects of the oils.  Made up stories and stuff.  Can probably google that too.  Do Terra is the leading competitor.  I don't know........neither of them stick JUST to oils......a lot of nutritional hype products, etc.

But non the less.......I do like essential oils.  In moderation.  Like anything.  It's not going to be a cure all for anybody and just use caution as you never know what you will be sensitive.  The worst I got was a headache and pretty hyper after one of their "programs" where they had us testing out at least 15 different oils.  And that was a short lived sensitivity but in any case.......use caution.

Glad I found your post though.  I am currently dying........okay.......that helped to say that.  Cynical smiley face grimace.  And yay rain and stormy today!!!!!

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Fresh,

Popping in to see how you are doing? By the sound of things, you are doing well. Are you still using the Cranial Stimulation device? It is great that you have found work. :) Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks , nice to see you Hopefull.   Things are changing and it's all good , so I have no complaints.

A week ago I decreased from 33mg to 30mg of Pristiq.   I had 10mg capsules compounded with a slow-release filler added and am taking it as one evening dose. 

The main effect I've noticed is that I'm no longer getting the savagely itchy toes that resulted from nightly dose-dumping once the pristiq tablets were crushed.  Every night for around 10 weeks my sleep has been disturbed from the itchy toes , and I'm sleeping far more solidly now.

Big relief.   

In part due to sleep disturbance , I started another course of CES.   Back to 3 sessions a day , and again I've had no real symptoms from 

dropping my dose.  Booster courses of CES are recommended at 6 monthly intervals , and I'm pretty close at 4 months.   

The weather here has been freezing so going out is on the back-burner.  It's lovely to be all snuggly warm and have everything i need.

I want for nothing (bar recovery , lol).

Am really enjoying using coconut oil instead of margarine , and eating as much as possible.   Made delicious coconut macaroons on the weekend , super easy recipe here http://draxe.com/recipe/coconut-macaroons/

Also the roast vegies came out delish - I'm a coconut convert.  Benefits of coconut oil here http://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/

This is the part of my life I've been waiting years for - where I could begin to construct my reality instead of being constantly at the mercy of my drug reactions.  It's exciting , in a very non-manic way.

I read somewhere that this is how antidepressants cure depression:  once you survive withdrawal , you're so freaking grateful to be alive that you don't get depressed any more.

In gratitude ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh, So happy you're thriving. I love that  - "I could begin to construct my reality , instead of being  constantly at the mercy of my drug reactions."  You're inspiring.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

So glad to hear how well your doing Fresh!! You are gonna be such an inspiration .I  tried the food combining and its helping . I never realized how important that could be.  I tried to exercise I was starting to feel so much better but again after a very light workout I had a setback.  Ive had headaches and anxiety for the last week since. My body still cant tolerate anything other than a walk .  But im hanging in there . Ill keep checking in on you Fresh , your progress keeps me hopeful!

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

I read somewhere that this is how antidepressants cure depression:  once you survive withdrawal , you're so freaking grateful to be alive that you don't get depressed any more.

LMFAO, Fresh!

You are doing great!  Proud of you!

Dr. Axe is one of the good ones!

Best,

;)

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi lovley Fresh,

Happy to hear that everything is going well for you. I tried cooking with coconut oil and could not get used to the taste in savoury dishes. If you can, that is fantastic. How is the wheather, down your way? Hugs, hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus

This made me LOL (even though it's very black humour I suppose).  It's great to hear of your improvements.  You've made me want to investigate coconut oil now, too.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thumbs up with the coconut oil ... I'm doing "oil pulling" with it now too , kills mouth bacteria , dental care , flushes sinuses.  And makes your teeth feel good.

I feel almost guilty writing here that i'm having a good time , enjoying being alive.  But I am , and after so many stuffed -up years I kind of feel I've earned it.

I'm also very aware that my present state could be snatched away at any time , and I would have no say in  it.  

I wonder also if things will get much  more difficult as I get down to the low doses , and symptoms will become my reality rather than my memories.    

I just don't know what the future holds , so I'm making the best of the space I'm in now.

So , my favorite thing at the moment is still health related research.  

I'm taking apple cider vinegar daily (2 tea spoons in a cup of hot water with honey) , and it's tasty and has lots of alkalizing and digestive benefits. Easy.

I've been investigating colloidal silver/silver water and am quite taken with it's antimicrobial properties. I bought  all the bits and bobs to make my own , i.e.  electrical wire with alligator clips , batteries , distilled water and 0.9999 silver wire.   Tomorrow is the day!  

I'd rather take this than antibiotics if I get sick and risk a toxic reaction.  

Continuing to move forward on the home front too - I had a new friend over this week and actually felt proud about my home instead of the usual embarrassment at the disorganization.   

Last  night I went out to a social event , and that's new.  Well , sort of social.  I went to the Harold Park Hotel which boasts a long history of controversial and highly regarded presenters at their weekly events.

23rd July 2015 at 6.30 Pm

BIG PHARMA DRIVING OVER DIAGNOSIS AND OVER MEDICATION - A TOXIC INFLUENCE ON MEDICAL PRACTICE

1. Dr Yola Lucire, Forensic and Medico-Legal Psychiatry, Sydney; 
  2. Professor Barbara Mintze, University of British Columbia, Canada

The whole thing went well - I didn't panic or freak out and it was fine.  It was over-stimulating for me and I was still up at 3 am because I couldn't settle , but this was expected.  We're planning a presentation with myself , Yola and Barbara as speakers for later in the year , with the focus being on anti-depressants.  Big plans , high hopes.

I've been a little absent of late , and am again trying to balance this site with the "doing"  of my life.  I was finding I would lay awake at night wondering how Mort's guts were feeling , or if the reason we hadn't seen nz was because he'd had another fall.  It was time for a boundary check , lol.  

I still read alot , but just commenting less.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

You sound really good , Fresh.  I'm happy to see you "having a life".  After, what you have been through, it's so good to see you , enjoying  yourself, and finding  some passion , again.   Hugs.   Ali.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Ali , hugs back at you.    

I really hate that you're having such a rough time.  Please know it's just a phase , it's temporary.  

You'll be flying the friendly skies again soon  ;) .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

LOL. That's what I did !  You take care. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Fresh,

Awesome to hear!  You are doing so well -- very proud of you!

Your efforts with the coconut oil have inspired me.  There is a ton of research on the value of coconut oil in the treatment of brain matters, most notably the use of ketogenic diets in epileptic children (as started at Johns Hopkins in the early 20th century). I was drinking bulletproof coffee for while but I ran out so I ordered so more and I started up again today.  That is coffee mixed with high quality MCT oil and grass fed butter.  VERY RICH.  Hoping the coconut oil will have positive brain effects for me as well.

I also had a smoothie for breakfast and added some regular coconut oil.

WARNING for people who are going to try this.  Dave Asprey, who created bulletproof and the coffee says that if you go too hard too fast on this stuff you can get what he refers to as "disaster pants." 

My stomach is a little "rough" this morning so I can attest he is accurate.

Anyway, keep up the great work, Fresh!  You deserve it after where you've been.

;)

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thanks Ali , hugs back at you.    

I really hate that you're having such a rough time.  Please know it's just a phase , it's temporary.  

You'll be flying the friendly skies again soon  ;) .

Thank you for this! Having some hope is what I need badly right now. It is wonderful to hear you are doing well, I am very happy for you!

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

Glad you are doing well Fresh, thanks for poppingand answering the heuristic question of uncertainty. You were the only one who actually answered the question...and took it seriously.

This sounds interesting ...and even more exciting speakers still to come ..do keep us informed. Maybe they will put it on youtube. Ive listened to Gotzsches melbourne talk 3 times now.

BIG PHARMA DRIVING OVER DIAGNOSIS AND OVER MEDICATION - A TOXIC INFLUENCE ON MEDICAL PRACTICE

1. Dr Yola Lucire, Forensic and Medico-Legal Psychiatry, Sydney; 
  2. Professor Barbara Mintze, University of British Columbia, Canada

The whole thing went well - I didn't panic or freak out and it was fine.  It was over-stimulating for me and I was still up at 3 am because I couldn't settle , but this was expected.  We're planning a presentation with myself , Yola and Barbara as speakers for later in the year , with the focus being on anti-depressants.  Big plans , high hopes.

I say 'double down' on 'nurse' !!

No havent fallen off the roof again...

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thanks for keeping me in mind Fresh! my guts are doing okay. Alot of ups and downs , I haven't stabilized yet but I am optimistic that things will settle down shortly. I am having windows of hope . I can feel my inner being telling me things are going to be okay. Eventhough I am having some rough days I focus on the recovery stories on the site. I read them every time i get discouraged and realize that I will continue to get better. It may take a while or it may be soon , all that matters is that it is coming! 

I am absolutely thrilled that you are doing well ! Honestly to know you are having success makes me feel really good. Enjoy it !  You are building some strong momentum in your posts I can tell.  Being involved in social events like that is awesome! Keep me updated on your involvement with the presentations. I also love reading your health research . Everytime I read your posts I get a new tip :)  

• Moderator Emeritus

Today I have a lawyer.  He's keen.  I'm in a state of shock , but this is what I've wanted , and it's getting real.

Trying to maintain a sense of equanimity.  It's just another step in the process , and yet  WOO-HOO , you little beauty!!

:D 

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Sounds good Fresh, whats the next step with the lawyer?

Totally off topic but I just thought of something that would have been so helpful to all of us.Im sure its probably been talked about and I know it wouldn't be for everyone. But how cool and awesome would it be if we had in person support groups. I know I sound like a little kid but once a week where we all could meet in person and support each other.People who are further down the road could be mentors support others. Homemade healthy snacks and tea lol and just genuine in person support. I wish we all lived in the same area! This site is wonderful and has been beyond good to me but in person support groups would be helpful. Keep on truckin Fresh :)

Today I have a lawyer.   

What are you saying Fresh .

Can you elaborate a little.

Did the CES machine shortcircuit or have a power surge or something ??

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Ha Ha nz . . . no , I went to full-moon puja last night and did service for others and today i received the blessings I manifested (lol).

I did go to puja and it was lovely - first outing for 5 hours in years , and i wasn't even antsy about wanting to leave.

Yola had me contact a lawyer so i emailed him , and today he phoned me.  We talked , he's keen , and we meet next week to sign papers and get things rolling.   No win , no fee , standard % of settlement/costs awarded.  

It's a fairly standard medical negligence situation , with the added twist of ssri's  prescribed at double the recommended dose for 6 years , concurrently with a number of meds with dangerous interactions.   He has his own barristers and is good to go , so I'll do whatever needs to be done.    

First item of business is Yola doing a medico-legal report (he has sent her a formal request) , which involves me pulling out my old diaries and chemist records , and putting together a record of what happened during the years in question.  This is unnerving and I've put it off , but i'm strong enough to do it at the moment.   I hope . . . 

I think support groups/people are awesome Mort , and 5 million alcoholics can't be wrong!    

I've met a few folk from on here and it's great meeting real people.  Maybe someone with some technical know-how could set up a virtual meeting?

Let me know if you'd like to chat on skype Mort , I'll give you my latest nut/seed bar recipe.

On food , still struggling to eat but am more inspired after a season of Masterchef.  

Dinner tonight:  roast chicken (free range 'cause i think they're happier) , pickled red cabbage (home-made by me) and strawberry , water-melon and Danish feta salad with red onion and Paul Newman salad dressing. Mmm . . . 

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Fresh,

This is only because I care.  Be careful.  Spending so much time immersed in the horror days and dredging it all back up again, not to mention the issues that would arise if you were to be put on the stand and abused on cross-examination in trial (deposition would be bad enough) by the drug company lawyers, could be really harsh on your system.

Not saying not to press onward at all -- I admire the HELL out of you for stepping up -- but wanting you to be careful and remain safe.  Just keep monitoring yourself and make sure you continue your incredible improvement.  :wub:

With love,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Appreciated Andy . . . and taken on board.  

There's a certain type of amnesia that comes with so many years of ad's , and I can have a good laugh now at some of the times I went off 

and some of the things i did.  Man , i have some seriously funny stories that are not suitable for this site.  

Things like being hyper-sexual and moving to an island in the pacific for 6 months ARE part of my history . . . and when seen within a framework of drug reactions/interactions are understandable.  

It's not like reliving horror , I'm more expecting a sense of sadness at all the wasted years , feeling so alone and having no one who understood me or supported me.  All the things I've never done , the life I've missed out on.  

I think this process will help me to come to terms with the whole deal and in doing so be able to move forward with my life.

BTW , My action isn't against a drug company , but a General Practitioner.  That's why doctors have insurance - for when they **** up.

Happens all the time.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

BTW , My action isn't against a drug company , but a General Practitioner.  That's why doctors have insurance - for when they **** up.

Happens all the time.

I hope it all goes well for you on this front, Fresh.  I won't even get into what happened on that island! :blink:

As a practicing attorney (not malpractice however) I would hope that the GP's insurance decides to settle with you early.  If they decide to fight there is at least a decent chance that the drug company gets dragged into it (or decides to get into it) somewhere along the line.

Andy

Thanks Fresh that sounds like a good idea:) Keep in touch.

Good luck  with that Fresh. Thank you for your ongoing support  & friendship.  :)  I'm happy things are working out , for you.   Love, Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

What price for my silence?    I do hope it gets to that point.

Today's news:

"Eli Lilly Faces First U.S. Trials Over Cymbalta Withdrawal"

REUTERS: http://www.reuters.c...N0Q825220150803

Health Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:16pm EDT

Related: HEALTH
Eli Lilly faces first U.S. trials over Cymbalta withdrawal
NEW YORK BY JESSICA DYE

Eli Lilly & Co on Tuesday will confront the first U.S. trial over allegations it failed to warn users of its popular antidepressant Cymbalta that they could suffer severe withdrawal symptoms, including suicidal thoughts and electric shock-like sensations.

Plaintiff Claudia Herrera is one of about 250 people who have sued Lilly over Cymbalta, and the company faces three more trials later this month involving similar claims, according to a lawyer for Herrera, R. Brent Wisner.

These early trials will be a critical test for litigation over the drug, which had $3.9 billion in sales in 2013 before losing patent protection at the end of that year and brought in $561 million in the first half of 2015.

Cymbalta, part of a class of antidepressants known as serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2004 to treat major depressive disorder. Later, approval was expanded to include generalized anxiety disorder and fibromyalgia.

Its label warns that 1 percent or more of users who discontinue Cymbalta may experience symptoms like nausea, irritability and insomnia, and that other symptoms such as sensory disturbances and seizures had been reported.

But plaintiffs suing Lilly allege that withdrawal symptoms are far more common, pointing to a 2005 analysis from the Journal of Affective Disorders that found more than 44 percent of patients reported at least one discontinuation symptom.

A Lilly spokeswoman declined to comment specifically on Herrera’s allegations and said that the company would vigorously defend that case and others.

According to Herrera’s lawsuit in California federal court, she started taking Cymbalta in 2006 for anxiety. When her doctor instructed her in 2012 to ease off gradually, she said that she suffered electric-like “zaps,” anxiety, spasms and suicidal ideation, among other symptoms.

Herrera accused Lilly of downplaying its warnings to make the drug more marketable. Lilly said in court filings that it gave sufficient warnings, and that her doctor was aware of the potential risks.

A similar case is set for trial in California starting Aug. 11.

Other Cymbalta lawsuits have been less successful. A New York judge last year granted Lilly a win in a case similar to Herrera's and twice, a federal judge in California has denied plaintiffs’ motions for class certification on consumer-protection claims related to Cymbalta marketing.

The California trials, and two more scheduled to start in Virginia in late August, will be the first opportunities for juries to evaluate the underlying claims.

“The success or failure of these cases will give us a good sense of how they are playing to these juries,” Wisner said. “Even if we lose, we have every intention of moving forward with the litigation.”

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hugs fresh..very moved by reading about your years feeling alone xxx

I'm so glad your doing so well :)