Fresh's Fractured Fairytale: How Much Can a Koala Bear?

Fresh

• Moderator Emeritus

Ha Ha , sorry.

This is the last song I wrote , post 87. Change ear-worms , lol. I might put a link into my sig.

My Drug History in Song: to the tune of "Modern Major General"

From Gilbert and Sullivan's Mikado.

I started off my journey with Pertofran then Prothiaden

I'd really felt depressed and I just wanted to be fine again

I took the pills , I went to work ,I focussed on my life and then

I stopped the pills , became depressed , so back to the Prothiaden.

The doc. suggested Prozac with a little bit of Frisium

It wasn't good , I got too thin with agitation maximum

It made me hyper-sexual (a field in which I did excel)

But overall it was no fun, so ceased Prozac and Frisium.

Well then I started Zoloft and I needed the Ranitidine

Trigeminal neuralgia prompted me to carbamazepine

One dose gave me an allergy , a rash that crossed my whole body

So on to Gabapentin which I really felt was fine for me.

Effexor for a few years then I changed to Escitalpram

With help from my dear doctor in the form of the Temazepam

Then Epilim did not work out , my hair grew thin and I grew stout

Six years on forty Lexapro - my life was stuffed - a pharma sham.

A quick stint on Moclobemide was something that I hadn't tried

It didn't help , I wasn't well. Diazepam was by my side

So then I tried Duloxetine for two more years it was my scene

Just trying to survive the time was tough , I felt I had to hide.

I tapered the Cymbalta very badly - I did a big drop

One twenty down to thirty quite by accident, and quite a shock

But I was tough, I'd sit it out , I tapered off and waited 'round

But I got much too sick and so to hospital I had to pop.

Well they were just not shy about this modern poly-pharmacy

Mirtazapine , lorazepam were seen to be what's good for me

Olanzapine was tried OH MY I smashed a chair and didn't mind

Quetiapine was next and it did seem to help what ailed me.

So now it's just Pristiq and I'm okay you know. I did survive

I taper very slowly and I do my best to live this life

The pharma-scam , well it got me , and others too as I now see

One day this will be over and my life has changed but I will thrive.

Applause (in neuroregeneration green)  I laughed.  I almost cried.  I could relate.

Thank you for the slang/language translation.  Togs in an English accent.  And budgie smudgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Took note. :o

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fresh,

How are you coping with your busy social life?  A shame about the dogs, but yours definitely doesn't have a pushed in face.  He/she would have looked very dainty, and fluffy, compared to the bull dogs!!!

Hope you're doing okay.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Woah , neuroregenerational green  , I love it MMT.

My social life continues to be a "problem to be worked".  It's like sitting at a buffet and having the "eyes bigger than

the stomach" thing.  For so many years as I writhed around in pain and lived like a hermit , I wondered how I could

ever reconstruct a life if I ever did get better.  I didn't know where I would start.

Now that I'm at that place , I'm no longer worried.  

There are so many activities going on and they all welcome new people.  It's a matter of trial and error to see what I

enjoy , what's a good fit.

But it's like my mind is a few steps ahead of my body and I'm trying to keep up.

Friday night I went to Campfire Musicians at the beach.  Beautiful evening - unfortunately I was the only one there(lol).  

Note to self: play closer attention to detail (it wasn't scheduled for last week)

I attended an elegant 75th birthday garden party on Sunday (and I scrubbed up pretty well , I have to say).

Not anxious and once I got there , I enjoyed it.

Monday another 75th birthday lunch for my mum , we had a sampling of Wellness Shots at a Macro eatery.  

I never got to Social Bootcamp (let's face it , there was only ever an outside chance), but that's fine. 

Then 2 rest days , wiped out.  And so it goes on.

I started LDN therapy 10 days ago - uneventful.  Titrating up from 0.5mg.  

I feel like a cross between a junkie and a mad scientist - making the liquid from capsules and drawing it up with a syringe.

I know lots of members do that with their meds. , I just haven't had to until now.

I'm using a small essential oil bottle which takes 12mls. and a small syringe that fits inside it to draw up 2mls.  That's 6

days worth - perfect. Distilled water , kept refrigerated.

Another session with Dr Yola - medical report almost finished.  Learnt the word ASTHENIA , muscle weakness.  

Allergic irritation on my chin - an old tomato / salycilate reaction.  Cutting tomatoes out of my diet - I don't want to take

antihistamines like I used to. :(

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow Fresh, it's great to hear you are doing so well, especially not worrying/being anxious about things too and also enjoying things.  It makes such a big difference!  CC

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Hi fresh

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. It's people like you that have helped so many people through hard times and reading over my threads you have helped me a lot. God bless you and you deserve to be happy all the time.

Hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Lol.  Well........you got some telepathic part of me to the beach.  I enjoyed the salt air.  I also imagined myself playing guitar again.  The snark tuner is out.  I think it is called snark.  I have a pitch pipe type thing........I could try and tune it or practice off key.  With focus, concentration, and fine motor not so good I think I should work on reading offline first.

What is LDN? 

And good on getting your history gathered and together.  I think it helps..........if only for ourselves.........to know what happened along the way.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy , good to see you , thanks for saying hi.    We all deserve to be happy , I reckon.

LDN is Low Dose Naltrexone.  The goal is to titrate up to 4.5mg max. , and I very cautiously started at 0.5mg.

Five nights at 0.5 , five nights at 1.0 , and one night at 1.5mg.

I'm sure my sleep is improving - I don't feel refreshed and vibrant when I wake , but no longer feel exhausted.

I met a man at the park. We clicked.  He messaged me on FB that he thinks his dog really likes my dog cause

he was smiling all the way home from the park.  And so it began . . . 

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Ooh , ooh ,   I had to post again because I just hit 2,000 posts !!

I'm Platinum now.   Another 3,000 posts (or is it 7,000? )  and I think I get a finger of titanium.

Hey Platinum star all the best with the medico- legal reports/preparations.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Fresh,

I think the man likes you and not the dog! Lol! :) Good on you! Cheeky thing! :))

Note to myself; Buy a dog and go to the park ! Lol! Ah, well, I am taken! :) Glad I don't have a dog, it might get me into trouble. Lol. :) Great to see that you are doing so well. It really shows that you can turn your life around, and enjoy simple things, like you used to.

Your progress gives other people hope.

Good on you girl, and all the best.

Thank you for your advice and encouragement. :) Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

nz ,  the interesting thing about doing the report is that I'm not afraid of my journey any more.  

I've pulled it apart and faced the most embarrassing demons.  I'm still ashamed of some of my behaviors over

the years , but it's like it doesn't have a power over me any more.  Now we're just adjusting bits and pulling it

together.

The romance with the doggy-dude  is over - a  nice man but not for me , lol.   No spark.  

Fun at the pool yesterday flirting with the cute upstairs neighbor.   He was there with a bunch of friends , apparently

one of them was a painter.

He asked me (with a wicked grin)  if I needed any touch-ups.  

"Buddy "   I said with a serious expression , " it's been a good long while since I've had any touch-ups.  I'm not

sure you should be asking me about this.  Oh , but my apartment could do with some work".

Laughter all around , so good to be able to joke and relax again.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Mentor

So wonderful to hear you doing well.           I hope when I get well, I might buy a doggie again!............      and of course, I can dream of joking with people around a pool,  not quite anywhere near that yer!     so nice you are doing it,   my hope gets stronger that I will do it one day again! 

Also how you are dealing with your past traumas, and it doesnt affect you now.    Thankyou so much for sharing that.   I also was wondering if I would recover to the point, where the past is no loonger like a dagger in my heart everytime i think of the last 10 years.

Thankyou.

Oh my sota bio tuner?  They said they were arriving early this week,  but now I am not so sure, as they havent billed my debit card yet.  I hope they havent lied, like they are on order, for sometime in the next six months??

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well Fresh you have found a potential friend with similar dog interests.  Personally, I think, at this time.........the more watery and fluid the relationship........the better for my spirit.  Lukewarm at best.

I still have plants to keep alive and an emotionally deranged cat.  Awfully busy these days.

I shall have to look up Naltrexone.  Ahh.......I have heard of Contrave but did not really know what indications they used it for.  Has it helped with alcohol and opiate cravings as it is advertised for?  I imagine we will see a lot of it's usage in the U.S. due to substance abuse treatment becoming more in vogue.  Interesting too as I was just reading how in many........the AD's really seem to increase alcohol cravings and usage.  I think in me the use of AD's really decreased my tolerance for alcohol.........especially the hard stuff.........maybe a factor of my liver status while on atypical anti psychotics too.  My liver seems to be functioning well now though as based on liver enzyme tests.

However, I won't get any ideas.  :blink:

Contrave sounds like pretty nasty stuff to get mixed up with. One of the two main ingredients is Wellbutrin which we all know about.  The other, Naltrexone, is only indicated for breaking opioid addiction and only to be used under strict supervision.  It only has one study to back it up and that study is questionable at best. I'd stay well away from this stuff.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

"CONTRAVE can cause serious side effects of suicidal thoughts or actions. One of the ingredients in CONTRAVE is bupropion HCl. Bupropion has caused some people to have suicidal thoughts or actions or unusual changes in behavior, whether or not they are taking medicines used to treat depression. Bupropion may increase suicidal thoughts or actions in some children, teenagers, and young adults within the first few months of treatment"

"The most common side effects of CONTRAVE include nausea, constipation, headache, vomiting, dizziness, trouble sleeping, dry mouth, and diarrhea."

"CONTRAVE can cause visual problems (angle-closure glaucoma). Signs and symptoms may include: eye pain, changes in vision, swelling or redness in or around the eye."

(https://www.contrave.com/)

I think it's most commonly prescribed for weightloss.

Low Dose Naltrexone therapy prescribes a maximum dosage of 4.5mg of naltrexone daily.

The dosage used for alcohol/opiate withdrawal is most commonly 50mg day.

MMT , I found this yesterday and thought of you - it's a quick guide to Aussie lingo.  You start by shortening everything.  A few are made up , but most are dinky-di , i.e. true blue.

https://www.facebook.com/serbevents/videos/10154014246352125/

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Doh.  I forgot to mention the sparks in my comment above. 

That was great.  Dinky-di.........

• Moderator Emeritus

Am feeling a little down at the moment.  Just when I thought all the demons were out of the closet , I found

out yesterday that I was prescribed ciprofloxacin in 2002.  Looks like I "got floxxed".   And Yola thinks I  most

likely have cardiomyopathy , which of course is depressing.

I just have to play it day-by-day for now.  "Celebration of Life" service on Tuesday for my 89 yo uncle who died

last week.  Meeting Tuesday night with primary school friends planning our reunion.  

Ho hum ,  I hope I sleep better tonight   :huh: .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Yikes, I think that stuff is even scarier than SSRIs.

Hope you get lots of good sleep.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Songbird  :)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Am feeling a little down at the moment.  Just when I thought all the demons were out of the closet , I found

out yesterday that I was prescribed ciprofloxacin in 2002.  Looks like I "got floxxed".   And Yola thinks I  most

I just have to play it day-by-day for now.  "Celebration of Life" service on Tuesday for my 89 yo uncle who died

last week.  Meeting Tuesday night with primary school friends planning our reunion.  

Floxed! Yes this drug scares me more than AD's. For those reading, google Cipro Floxies.

They gave my 91 year old grandmother cipro this week in the nursing home. I told my mother to go over there immediately and tell them to take her off of it. I wrote a note to them telling then which and antibiotics they could prescribe for her based on the Floxed site of "safer antibiotics. Told them absolutely no floroquinolones!!!

It's so sad for people in nursing homes. If they don't have an informed loved one, docs will prescribe them anything with no one to really look out for them. Last year, they gave my grandmother Remeron and I made mom take her off of that. She was only on it a week to increase her appetite. What's wrong with those idiots giving remeron to someone just to increase appetites. It messed with her head but when they took her off she went back to being her old self.

She is on a benzo but we have no plans to take her off that. Cipro really can mess with a benzo and it really can mess with remeron. I know first hand. I will take death before another floroquinolone. Death is not the worst thing.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Hi fresh

Hope you are feeling good today?

Your a really kind person for all the work and effort you put in helping people in this forum. You truly deserve the best. A lot of people would struggle in life if it wasn't for u and all the lovely mod and everyone who supports advice put in this forum amazing work from use.

Hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

• Mentor

Hi Fresh, hope you are still doin OK mate!  The LDN,   what do you expect this to help?  Just that you mentioned it, and I am curious tis all.

Ang

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

• Moderator Emeritus

Fresh,  That was 14 years ago.  It's got to be neuroemotions bringing that up and making it seem like another huge bump in your healing.  Trauma is trauma.....like whenever we think about the "possible" negative outcomes.  Don't go there.

Saying this to give comfort.  Hugs.

I picked a good/bad movie to watch today.  Seemed it was kind of perfect given my own PTSD stuff right now.

I hope not on the cardiomyopathy.  Were imaging tests done?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fresh,

Just stopped by to see how you are.  CC

I think Fresh is working on the last verse of the above song...its about a successful litigation outcome against doctor.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone , thanks for the support and comments.

Hardy , hope you're feeling a little better. You're such a sweetheart , when is the baby due?

Chicken , the cipro stories are scary , good on you for keeping an eye on Grandma. Agree , death is not the worst thing , especially at 91.

Ang , my thyroid gland is stuffed - it doesn't produce hormones that are essential. So at this stage

with a diagnosis of Hashimotos Thyroiditis I'll need to take thyroid hormones for the rest of my life , or be permanently exhausted. Lots of people who take LDN have been able to stop their thyroid meds. and their thyroid function recovers , and they report huge improvements in energy and consequently overall ability to function. If I have to take one med , the LDN seems to give more bang for my buck , so to speak.

MMT , thanks for the hugs. It wasn't neuro-emotions , I wasn't particularly furious or enraged or devastated. As you say , the cipro was 14 years ago , and I'll never know what if any reaction I had. It's just possibly another piece of the puzzle of why I was so dreadfully ill all the time

during those years.

I'm too afraid to have any heart testing done yet to be honest. My father died during surgey to repair a torn aorta after 2 bipass surgeries. The surgeon said that as they sewed the tissues together in one place , another tear would appear in somewhere else. The tissue of the aorta was too weak to hold together. The surgery was 13 hours.

So I guess that's where my focus on nutrition and healing on a cellular level comes from. I'm using nutrients to heal all my cells so they can be the best quality I can possibly produce.

Chessie , I have been avoiding updating because I've felt worn out. The funeral service was fine , the meeting with school friends was fun , and I had 3 sessions with Yola. All good but it's still harder to write on my own thread than on other people's.

NZ11 , my medico-legal report is finished !! An 81 page document all about me - fascinating reading , lol. There's also an accompanying 24 page document explaining the history of GP education by the drug companies and the relationship between pharmacetical companies and the Health Department in NSW. I have permission to share exerpts , and will do that in due course.

It's going to be a while before that final verse in my song (ha ha). I got a message this week that there was feedback from one of the barristers that the statute of limitations was over so my case couldn't be pursued. Perhaps he didn't realize that I was assessed as permanently disabled in 2012 , in which case there is no statute of limitations. I do hope so , because I can't have alot of faith in a barrister who doesn't know the fundamentals.

This is just one of the ups and downs that I've been forwarned about. Equanimity. It's all going to

work out just how it should.

http://www.medicalnegligenceclaim.com.au/medical-negligence-legal-summary/time-limitations/

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah.  I'm projecting lot's of negative energy that you picked up on well.  Deflect.  How long is this going to last I keep pleading with myself?

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update.  Take care.  CC

• Moderator Emeritus

Phone call from my lawyer yesterday , all good. Meeting with the barrister next Wednesday. It seems that in 81 pages of information , the baby almost got thrown out with the bathwater.

I did have a day of neuro-emotions yesterday , and I thought of MMT and it makes me laugh. I was feeling irritated after a sensitive communication with my brother in the morning. Went down to the pool (29 degrees , beautiful weather lately) and there was a car parked across the path. Well I was furious , and almost before I knew what I was doing I squirted the windscreen with suntan oil. I don't think they'll park there again. And that , ladies and gentlemen , is how neuro-emotions can get us into trouble , yikes

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Moving right along (boog-a doong , boog-a-doong) footloose and fancy-free . . . 

Legal: barrister meeting went well.  Everything pertaining to the years prior to 2004 in the report has to be cut out - 12 year statute of limitations.

Coincidentally , 2004 is the year the gp started me on 40mg lexapro , so that works for me. :P  It's a pity 

that we put so much effort into documenting the events from 1997 , put that's how it goes.  It was carthartic to do.

Going into town was an event:  I saw a protest "Taxi drivers against Uber" , and the coffee shop in Martin Place where the Lindt chocolate shop siege took place.  My brother visited from LA and we had some lovely quality time together. He strengthens my spirit.

The night sweats and heat waves stopped a few weeks ago , and my sleep is much better.  Only occasionally waking up for the 3-6am slot , am mostly sleeping through.  

I did a drop 2 nights ago from 22.5mg to 21mg pristiq.   Could have gone the 10% to 20mg , but I need to keep my wits about me.  Feeling good and a little more energized today , which is my favourite part about decreases.   I did start a booster course of CES as added insurance a few days ago.

I'm learning to play the eukele.  It something I've wanted to feel well enough to do for years , and now I am.  Yay me , lol.

I'm sure it's good for brain training.  Lesson 1 , which almost drove me nuts , was figuring out how to get the battery into the tuner. Thank goodness for online manuals!  

Now to master the chords . . .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Yay Fresh.  So good to see good news. 

Is it a snark type tuner?.........as that's what I have for my guitar........brand name.........and coincidentally I believe it's battery has died..........which has only further delayed me from picking up my guitar again.  I think I can just get a new one......one of these days when I get more moving again........some sort of longer window.......because they are pretty cheapo to begin with.

I really did benefit from the time spent learning and practicing and just really hearing the notes.  I am sure there is something somewhere about how learning music and playing it oneself and the part of the brain that that involves and how that is all good, even great for neuroregenesis.

You know..........one of these days I am going to try and skype you from my smart phone.........just not sure, as it is over a couple of years old now that it will do the camera portion but I can look it up in the couple of manuals I collected at that time.  Heck..........we can go far reaching in our imaginations and even play ukelele guitar duets when I do it...........surely I jest............do I?

Just feels so good today.......therapy by phone.........okay ish even before then.  Then have spent literally hours posting other places and reading.  And patched up......I hope.........the rift with associate...........that I created...........when not just staying silent when I was in a bad place yesterday and he was here.  He stayed 2 nights after a little bump with his Dad........instead of one.........and it threw me a little............was more just thrown to begin with though..........but I could at least explain it today............to him...........and I think he got it.  Back to Dad's..........s'okay............really best for all for now and all that............

So now........back to try try try again a little bit harder for the discipline I so need to give myself to stay the course.

Oh yah........this should have all gone in my intro. but.............one more thing.

With me and maybe starting the armour thyroid to see if it helps or not........low dose of course, very low............and not feeling sure that it's needed at all.  Last labs for sure T3 and T4 were normal limit..........for sure about 2 years ago and possibly just a year ago and I don't have the weight gain symptom at all.  But anyway.......got a email msg from somewhere today about how the FDA here wants to do away with the armour(pig stuff really) and only allow synthetic stuff, which I always thought would/could permanently alter thyroid function from some level and is not so good.  It was a petition I think to sign and some comments from various users of synthetic vs. armour and how for some armour worked and the synthetic just did not.

So.......oh.........if you follow that......last paragraph...........do weigh in and comment back in due course.

Boog a doong and ? dinky di(the true blue phrase).  Missing Blue a bit too.......or fond remembrance........ as someone posted on her intro. today and am sure glad it's still there to go over again at some point...........I always used to go to see how she was and then secondary to look at and use myself some of the many, many great suggestions given her by so many.  She's with us.  Rooting for us now.

Maybe I should just send you snail mail??  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

My tuner's a fender MMT. "Moving right along Boog-a doong boog-a-doong" - I have an image of Miss Piggy and Kermit in a convertible , singing.

You should get your thyroid levels done again if it's been a year. Otherwise , how would you know after starting a thyroid med. if it's making any difference?

NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT THAT HEALS THE BODY AND BRAIN

Anxiety, irritability, rage and extreme hunger during withdrawal are linked to blood sugar fluctuations.

Scheduling 5 small, protein-rich meals each day, and having protein snacks on hand can help to keep blood sugar level. Avoid soy proteins because they affect hormones. Also try to cut out sugar, dairy, sweeteners, alcohol, simple carbs and anything that converts directly to sugar when digested. Nicotine causes rapid spikes and dips in blood sugar, too.

Comments by Ann Blake-Tracy on antidepressant induced-nutritient depletion:

"The medications causes the body to lose valuable nutrients. The medical name for this is ‘drug induced nutrient depletion’. Prime examples are potassium loss from diuretics, and co-enzyme Q10 (CoQ10) depletion from statins (cholesterol medications). Psychiatric medications deplete selenium, melatonin, B vitamins, Glutathione (the master antioxidant) and other nutrients.

The knowledge that many drugs lead to nutritional deficiencies has been documented by a vast number of studies over the last three decades. It was shown conclusively that drugs deplete by both interfering with proper absorption and by inhibiting the transport of vitamins and minerals throughout the body. This depletion may impair system metabolism, and most people are unaware that they may become severely deficient.

Regardless of the addictive drug ingested and rapidly withdrawn, protracted withdrawal symptoms can occur. Healing from protracted withdrawal does not just include the elimination of the drug from the body, but also involves the repair and healing of the neurotransmitters.

Proper nutrition, hydration, proper supplementation, exercise and sleep can dramatically shorten the time for healing and recovery.

Drug-induced nutrient deficiencies are not the only source of people’s medical problems, but they can certainly compound symptoms."

Clean Eating Guidelines: Not a diet, but a lifestyle choice.

"Eating clean doesn’t mean not eating. You eat as much food as you need to be healthy and have the energy to fuel your workouts and any other activities. People often equate clean eating with sacrifice, but it’s actually about finding healthy alternatives to unhealthy food. Also remember that as you clean up your eating habits, your tastes change and you get to the point where you actually crave healthy food. Sounds crazy, but it’s true." http://cjessgogetfit.com/tag/how-to-eat-clean/

The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That an Alkaline pH Diet Benefits Health?

From the evidence outlined above, it would be prudent to consider an alkaline diet to reduce morbidity and mortality of chronic disease that are plaguing our aging population." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3195546/

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Fresh, I just want you to know you give me inspiration! Just watching those videos...I can't imagine what it is like. I've had some instances where I've been a little like that, but been able to control it. You have helped me by sharing your story, and offered advice when I was in dire need. Thank you so much for that! Sometimes this whole process seems so daunting, but knowing there are people like you out there going through the same thing is reassuring. I sure hope that all continues to get better for you. I think you are making the right decision to hold for two months instead of one.

Currently reinstated Cymbalta(Mar 17,2016) after experiencing withdrawal while switching to Viibryd. Reinstated Cymbalta at 20mg QD.

1999 200mg Zoloft

2010 0mg Zoloft 60mg Cymbalta

2015 60mg Cymbalta 150mg Seroquel 100mg Topamax

Mar. 2016 20mg Cymbalta. 30mg Viibryd doing a quick taper 150mg Seroquel

April 1, 2016 off viibryd, 20mg Cymbalta, 150mg Seroquel

GI & Cardiac meds:

40mg pantoprazole QD

Also take 75mg plavix QD, 3.125mg carvedilol BID, and 81mg aspirin QD.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks purcy. I've made a decision that I choose quality of life over the principle of waving a banner

that says "I'm drug free". I'll get there when I get there , and not a moment before.

Heck , after this many years , what's another 6 or 12 months between friends?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Fresh, I'm sorry I've never stopped off at your thread before and I haven't had the guts to look at your videos yet.

Thank you for always being there for me on my thread.

You've done amazingly well, someone I can aspire to.

Hugs,

JC X

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

Don't be afraid to see the videos , if anything they're a beautiful demonstration of how to use calming

self-talk to overcome panic. Just breathe , it will pass , etc.

JC , the reason I know that tapering can be done quietly and calmly is because I'm doing it. Now that you're

settled geographically , you can begin to settle psychologically and physically.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Mentor

Ha Ha , sorry.

This is the last song I wrote , post 87. Change ear-worms , lol. I might put a link into my sig.

My Drug History in Song: to the tune of "Modern Major General"

From Gilbert and Sullivan's Mikado.

I started off my journey with Pertofran then Prothiaden

I'd really felt depressed and I just wanted to be fine again

I took the pills , I went to work ,I focussed on my life and then

I stopped the pills , became depressed , so back to the Prothiaden.

The doc. suggested Prozac with a little bit of Frisium

It wasn't good , I got too thin with agitation maximum

It made me hyper-sexual (a field in which I did excel)

But overall it was no fun, so ceased Prozac and Frisium.

Well then I started Zoloft and I needed the Ranitidine

Trigeminal neuralgia prompted me to carbamazepine

One dose gave me an allergy , a rash that crossed my whole body

So on to Gabapentin which I really felt was fine for me.

Effexor for a few years then I changed to Escitalpram

With help from my dear doctor in the form of the Temazepam

Then Epilim did not work out , my hair grew thin and I grew stout

Six years on forty Lexapro - my life was stuffed - a pharma sham.

A quick stint on Moclobemide was something that I hadn't tried

It didn't help , I wasn't well. Diazepam was by my side

So then I tried Duloxetine for two more years it was my scene

Just trying to survive the time was tough , I felt I had to hide.

I tapered the Cymbalta very badly - I did a big drop

One twenty down to thirty quite by accident, and quite a shock

But I was tough, I'd sit it out , I tapered off and waited 'round

But I got much too sick and so to hospital I had to pop.

Well they were just not shy about this modern poly-pharmacy

Mirtazapine , lorazepam were seen to be what's good for me

Olanzapine was tried OH MY I smashed a chair and didn't mind

Quetiapine was next and it did seem to help what ailed me.

So now it's just Pristiq and I'm okay you know. I did survive

I taper very slowly and I do my best to live this life

The pharma-scam , well it got me , and others too as I now see

One day this will be over and my life has changed but I will thrive.

Applause (in neuroregeneration green)  I laughed.  I almost cried.  I could relate.

Thank you for the slang/language translation.  Togs in an English accent.  And budgie smudgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Took note. :o

No   budgie smugglers.      Those tiny little bathers made out of nylon that our previous Prime Minister Tony Abbott , used to wear,  the things only big enough to hide their budgie in.      AND DAMN IT THE BUDGIE ALWAYS SHOWS!  He had this thing going with Putin at the time,   the Bantam Rooster thing, you know fluff up the feathers, and look more handsome than the comrades,   and as the roosters, bump chests,  well in Australia, that is also called  "Shirt Fronting",  which Tony Abbott promised to do with Putin at the time, when Putin visited Australia..................          In the end they actually shared cuddling a Koala ?????????????   True, pictures on the internet    hahahaha!   Oh, god old men trying to look attractive, and pretending to be warriors ...............what a worry!