Fresh's Fractured Fairytale: How Much Can a Koala Bear?

Fresh

• Moderator Emeritus

For years it's been clear that we only medicate children to make them comply with societal norms.  How many brilliant minds have been dulled with Ritalin and Adderal, never to invent the breakthroughs they were destined to create or run the companies they might have been capable of leading?

All in the name of profit.  

How much is enough, NZ?

Apparently there is no limit.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

'Just a little more ' Andy 'just a little bit more' !

taken from the famous words of i think Rockefella when asked how much money is enough.

Hey just listened to Prousky another good one.

check out 36.25

"How many of these doctors would themselves take the drug that they prescribe to their own patients, i would love to know that data, i bet it would be very few"

"I think the paradigm by which doctors are providing care and working under is not suited to the individual patient there is a real disconect.  How happy can a clinician feel if all he or she is doing is giving these very damaging drugs it cant feel a very satisfying career ."

" The medications themselves are causing such negative  neuroplastic changes in the brain... which would be prevented if the patients went off the drug early. '

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

OMG . . . 30 million Americans on antidepressants !!    Now that really IS depressing  :angry: .

Correction: 29,999,999 as I CT'd in November of last year lol. (Look at me trying to have sense of humor)

Fresh,

Thanks for all of this and I hope you are doing well.

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

• Moderator Emeritus

LOL pug . . . good onya!       I am doing well , thankyou.  When someone asked me recently I responded that it's almost embarrassing how well

things have been going.   Healing is awesome.  And the good vibrations are emanating.

I was asked out on a date recently.  I tried to explain to the man that I was undateable , but I think he thought I was kidding or playing hard to get  :unsure:.

We went out for coffee , it was nice. I was relieved , lol. 

And then I met a guy at the park who turns out to be a dog-trainer.   It's nice to be able to talk with new people and be fun and and playful.

We're going to have weekly sessions (therapy for me as much as my doglet) and started with a 2-hour session yesterday. One hour walk , one at home practicing techniques.  Having this structure will be good for me , and me feeling ready to commit to it is a huge leap forward. Plus , if I have someone coming over each week I'm hoping it will motivate me to keep on top of the housekeeping.

I'm on 30mg pristiq now.   I feel SO much better than I did in February on 50mg.   I'm kind of looking forward to the future for the first time. Just enjoying the ride.

:D

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Andy you were right that stuff Whittaker quotes is mentioned in 'anatomy' in the chapter on children.

Gee why are they still prescribing this to kids then !

Sorry Fresh your intro has turned into a wellness seminar discussion. Thanks for posting about it.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Commandeer my thread NZ (for a while anyway). - it's like donating my body to science.

Make yourselves at home , all welcome.  There's a tray of Life-Changing Crackers in the corner , help yourselves.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Yum and thanks.  LOL Fresh.  "I am currently undateable".  Me three. 

What get's me about the kids and adolescents, and even adults being medicated so over zealously, is that it seems to me.......it has taken away from the other programs so to speak, especially for kids with learning disabilities and/or ADD, or teaching how to deal with difficult infants from professionals that may very well just now refer after one idea/program doesn't have immediate success.  Refer to a pill pusher I mean.

Way back when I tried zyprexa for my drug induced bipolar like symptoms.......I remember my shrink being just oh so excited about the infant she had just put on it......I think an adopted baby with "attachment disorder".  I mean she used this as convincing evidence that I should try it too.  Apparently the infant was now calm........very, very calm I expect.......tranquilized calm with a twist.......I now know.  She now uses no zyprexa........sheesh......at least that is something.......after the damage was done.  She is still on her pedestal however.......despite her Buddhism.......remarried a Buddhist.......not sure what they are called type Buddhist center leader.

In any case Zyprexa was short lived for me........ugh........ugh.........just the memory........also had yellowed sclera and I don't know what else physically almost instantaneously...........mentally.........woah nellie.......flat line.

But same for us adults.......so few "alternative" programs if that is the correct term for places to go and learn, and be comforted, and be among others non-threatened by our sometimes behavior, and moods secondary to life events, temporary physiology/biology, etc.  And so few places to get well trained and practice "alternative" methods affordably.

Okay......off my soda cracker box now.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Fresh! I was reading what you wrote about spore probiotics. do you know a good one?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thanks Andy. I ordered it.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Moderator Emeritus

Not too expensive, money-back guarantee -- what more can you ask for? LOL.

• Moderator Emeritus

FREE ONLINE SEMINAR HAPPENING NOW      MENTAL  WELLNESS SUMMIT

These presentations will only be available for a limited time!

DAY 7: SUNDAy
  • raj-raghunathan.jpg?317e20
    RAJ RAGHUNATHAN, PHD, MBA   IF YOU’RE SO SMART, WHY AREN’T YOU HAPPY
    •  
    •  
    • ginger-dean.jpg?317e20
      GINGER DEAN   MANAGING MONEY AND YOUR MENTAL HEALTH Watch Now!
    •  
    • alison-armstrong1.jpg?317e20
      ALISON ARMSTRONG   HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS, HEALTHIER MIND Watch Now!
    • Four-Day-Weekend.jpg?317e20
      DAVID AHEARN, FRANK FORD AND DAVID WILK   YES, AND...THE BENEFITS OF IMPROVISATION IN EVERYDAY LIFE
      • greg-mckeown.jpg?317e20
        GREG MCKEOWN, MBA   ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS
  •  
  •  
  •  

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

MMT , glad you like the crackers.  Re children and medication - I heard yesterday that oxycontin now had FDA approval for infants.  I wonder

what the stats will look like in 5 years time . . . 

Speaking of over-medicated , I've been compiling my medical history.  These are the meds. I was prescribed during 2008 by one GP:

- lexapro 40mg (constant throughout the year)         - erythromycin 

- epilim                                                                       - amoxycillin

- temazapam                                                             - maxolon

- diazepam                                                                - ranitidine (zantac)

- metoclopramide

- symbicort

- di-gesic (now banned)

- naproxen SR

Try popping those into the drug interaction checker , woah!!

Hardly surprising that 2008 was a bad year  :blink: .

Just on asthma and breathing difficulties:    I've been told for two decades that I have asthma and need preventer and relief meds.  

Dr Lucire told me I had "respiratory akathisia" and took all my asthma meds away.    It's been 2 years now and I haven't had/died from an

asthma attack.

My breathing gets rapid and shallow at times , but less often now.   It still gets triggered by physical exertion and when I'm talking about

emotional things , or doing something that elevates my anxiety.  

I suspect the respiratory akathisia diagnosis is correct . . . who'd have thunk it?

Pug , I had to look up what spore probiotics are , glad Andy sorted that.    I was making water kefir for a while but didn't maintain it - my kefir died

of neglect in the fridge.   It's all trial and error , seeing what fits into my life easily , and the kefir wasn't a keeper.

I am finding that apple cider vinegar with honey , in hot water , has a lovely anti-acid effect on the tum.  Worth trying cause it's so good for lots of parts of your body.

Stepping off the soda-cracker box . . . who's up next?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I am finding that apple cider vinegar with honey , in hot water , has a lovely anti-acid effect on the tum.  Worth trying cause it's so good for lots of parts of your body.

Fresh,

Have you seen this?

http://marketersmedia.com/apple-cider-vinegar-ebook-outlines-81-reasons-to-use-apple-cider-vinegar/84945

81 reasons to use ACV!!!!!

Wow!!!

I can't believe how many meds that one doc had you on.  That is so freaking criminal it makes me want to scream and beat the doc senseless.

It's so incredible how you are recovering.  Makes us all believe it can happen.

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

"Life changing cracker box".  Me to, I think......naproxin......is that the one for narcolepsy........will add to my list one day.

Raw bee pollen as well.....I think helps with blood sugar stabilization.  As well as is "energizing".  Comes in crunchy little granules.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Aww , I appreciate your indignation Andy.   It's pretty stuffed.  Bear in mind she had been in charge of my care for 6 years before referring me

to a psychiatrist in June 2008.  He accidentally kept me on the lexapro 40mg for another 2 years , and added epilim.

And so it goes..

Naproxen is for pain - I was given it for severe period pain including period pain.  So every month when the cramping started I took it and it

interacted with other meds I was on and caused , you guessed it , stomach cramps , vomiting and diarrhea. Veritable comedy of errors. 

I think that was also a year I had a frozen shoulder - adhesive capsulitis.   

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I was taking a high dose of prilosec, plus zantac, for my tummy acid.  Three weeks of AVC/honey, I was off meds.  Like magic.  I take it every day.

1983-1995: On and off several tricyclic ADs
1995: Quit alcohol, started Prozac
2003: Stopped Prozac; 2004: Started Effexor XR 225
2014: Tried and failed three rapid tapers; stopped cold turkey March 11, 2014, eight days of Prozac as a bridge.
March 19, 2014: SSRI/SSNI free; four weeks acute withdrawal, then five month window of minimal symptoms.

Sept 2014-June 2015: Delayed, prolonged severe withdrawal from Effexor. Roller coaster, way up and way down.  Symptoms swing widely. Clear improvement in Mar-Apr, but still much hell. In May symptoms shifted to insomnia and depression, less HA, tinnitus and brain fog.

July-Sept 2015: After two weeks of using CES device, tremendous relief of insomnia, depression and other symptoms. Feeling much better, finally! Symptoms still come and go, good and bad days.Sneaking up on return to good health.  Alto gave me a 'Here Comes the Sun'!!!  ☼

Oct 2015-Feb 2016: Difficult several months, some good days but the bad days felt like I'm moving backwards.  Struggling after steady improvement, but hanging tough.

Current supplements:  Mg-Threonate; glutathione; krill oil; borage oil; phosphatidyl choline; multivite, vit B12, vit C, vit D vit E; OTC meds pseudoephedrine in the AM and benadryl at bedtime.  Clonidine 0.2 bid for high blood pressure.

Filled with hope, courage and self-appreciation.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's awesome OffEFFexor , we have to spread the word.   Most people on this site have had digestive issues and could benefit from ACV.

All the news this morning is the FDA approval of the female viagra , Addyi.

'Unlike Viagra, which affects blood flow to the genitals, Addyi is meant to activate sexual impulses in the brain. It is similar to a class of other drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRI's, that include antidepressants such as Prozac. But those antidepressants, which raise levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin, are known to blunt libido. Addyi blocks certain cellular receptors from responding to serotonin.

Addyi will come with a prominent "boxed warning" about side effects, including among people with liver impairment or who take Addyi with alcohol or with medicines known as CYP3A4 inhibitors that include certain steroids.'

I wonder what research has been done into the discontinuation situation . . . we'll be hearing about it soon enough , I reckon.

This video was taken at the Politics in the Pub night a few weeks ago ( I was there! ).  One of the only doctors in the world to believe

in respiratory akathisia herself , Dr Lucire.  

http://politicsinthepub.org.au/docs/related.php?vurl=B9gmBFxRKp8

It was a very casual atmosphere , the audience was full of old-time lefty activists , and the presentation went down really well.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my thread with a very helpful suggestion to help my sinuses.

I managed to track down some Cider Vinegar today and will be using it on a daily basis. I think the saline nasal spray I have been using all week has finally started to kick in. I have had these flare ups for donkeys years and it would be so much better to use something natural to prevent it. I have been put off taking any drugs now after WD!

Hope you are doing well yourself.

Once again thank you so much.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hello Fresh!

I'm glad you're doing well and that you went out on a date. I think you are quite dateable, with or without WD symptoms you are a great human being and fun and any man will be able to see that :) 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Cdav , and good to see you here Flowers.   You'll see my thread is mostly about healing lately and I've been exploring natural

alternatives and maximum nutrition.

I'm scared of needing antibiotics too , and am going to use colloidal silver (silver water) if the need arises.

Well , Friday was a major accomplishment . . . I went into the city to a hairdressing appointment.  That's huge for me , and I planned it like a military operation.  Cooked nut , seed and honey bar in the a.m. , left my car not to far from town , taxi in . . .

all smooth for 1:30pm appt.

Left the salon about 4 and walked through peak hour half-way back to the car - it was fun to be part of a crowd , each of us doing our thing , moving forward in our own journey.   No-one looking at me would have known how huge it was for me to be there in that moment.  

Overall couldn't have asked for it to go better.  I get alot of anticipatory anxiety , and each new place I go gives me confidence that I CAN do stuff.

The fact that I took my dog made it easier . . .pic. coming.

After a great success on Friday (and btw , my hair looks amazing!)  I was beat on Saturday.   Markets a.m. , but have slept heaps since. 

Today's shaping up nicely , so only one day bad fallout from my excursion.   I can work with that , lol.

Have been on 30mg pristiq for 5 weeks , think I'll stick for another 3 or 4.  

Planning to follow my serotonin-riddled gut instinct  :D .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Well done, Fresh.! I can understand how that would have been a bit of a "milestone", in your journey .  Each "success"  builds on the other.  ( Dog & Hair pic needed !! )   LOL. :)  Love, Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Ali.   It really is fun once you feel better most of the time.   There's a whole world out there to be part of.   It's waiting for you.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Fresh, I know . I've seen  many "glimpses" over the years.  Unfortunately , it hasn't  "stuck", because of going back on. (the drugs).  Hopefully, this time, now that the "blinkers" are off, I can "go the distance".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Your right Fresh a whole new world is waiting out there! And you deserve to enjoy it! I think each time you do this type of thing you will build alot of confidence until one day its no big deal at all! Way to go:) By the way that Viagra drug for women is awfully scary. A whole new way to get even more women hooked into the drug system.Criminal I tell ya!

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Fantastic Fresh. Your life is heading in the right direction. It is great to read about positive comments and feed back.

It gives other people hope that they will heal too and life can be enjoyed once again.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

• Moderator Emeritus

Love . love , love Desiderata.    There's a little bit of noise and haste in my world , and I need to go placidly.

Last week was filled with appointments - I spent 6 hours (in 3 sessions) with a psychiatrist and 1 1/2 hours with a lawyer.  All good.  It's not easy to

go over your life month by month since adolescence.  I'm surprised by the long stretches of which I remember hardly anything , and am having to piece together where I was living etc. from long-forgotten documents that somehow escaped the shredder.   

I've negotiated to try selling my pickled vegies at the farmer's market.  The vegie dude gave me 20 jars , and last night I finished 12 -

3 cucumbers , 2 mushrooms and 7 spicy red cabbage.  The remaining 8 jars will be pickled white cabbage with carrot , planning to make them on Thursday.

This is the first time I've done something like this and it's fun. A perfect activity for this stage of my recovery.

Full-moon puja last saturday was lovely . . . I met a very gifted woman and may start her wednesday night meditation classes. http://www.anjanivenusia.com/anjani.html

Surrendering to the universe (or G-d , or whatever you perceive that to mean)  reminds me that my experience with ad's is part of a bigger picture.

I am grateful to have had a spiritual path for the past 11 years . . . now that my "dark night of the soul" is over I can embrace the gifts I'm being given with a new-found humility.  And the blessings are showering me.

One of my favourite things to do is going out with my dog dressed up.  This is what she wore last week when we went into town (my photo skills need work)

post-2715-0-32280700-1441140133.jpg

I love seeing people smile and melt a little bit and open their hearts when they see her.  Two people asked to take photos , and knowing we spread joy makes me happy  :D .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Sounds great..can almost sense your joy over this post..great!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

So happy for you Fresh!

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Fresh - love the doggie picture!! What a cutie!

Just read your recent posts and am thrilled for you that you are accomplishing so much and enjoying it.

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus

I too, love desiderata, Fresh.  And your doggie.  Very smile inducing.  Thank you.

Love . love , love Desiderata.    There's a little bit of noise and haste in my world , and I need to go placidly.

Last week was filled with appointments - I spent 6 hours (in 3 sessions) with a psychiatrist and 1 1/2 hours with a lawyer.  All good.  It's not easy to

go over your life month by month since adolescence.  I'm surprised by the long stretches of which I remember hardly anything , and am having to piece together where I was living etc. from long-forgotten documents that somehow escaped the shredder.   

I've negotiated to try selling my pickled vegies at the farmer's market.  The vegie dude gave me 20 jars , and last night I finished 12 -

3 cucumbers , 2 mushrooms and 7 spicy red cabbage.  The remaining 8 jars will be pickled white cabbage with carrot , planning to make them on Thursday.

This is the first time I've done something like this and it's fun. A perfect activity for this stage of my recovery.

Full-moon puja last saturday was lovely . . . I met a very gifted woman and may start her wednesday night meditation classes. http://www.anjanivenusia.com/anjani.html

Surrendering to the universe (or G-d , or whatever you perceive that to mean)  reminds me that my experience with ad's is part of a bigger picture.

I am grateful to have had a spiritual path for the past 11 years . . . now that my "dark night of the soul" is over I can embrace the gifts I'm being given with a new-found humility.  And the blessings are showering me.

One of my favourite things to do is going out with my dog dressed up.  This is what she wore last week when we went into town (my photo skills need work)

attachicon.gifcelia's dress.jpg

I love seeing people smile and melt a little bit and open their hearts when they see her.  Two people asked to take photos , and knowing we spread joy makes me happy  :D .

Gorgeous post! Beautiful pooch!

Shine on and be well, lovely x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

• Mentor

The moment you start being smarter than anyone else, is the time you need to reflect ........ hugs, lots of hugs fresh,  you speak so well./

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Mentor

ARE YOU OK???????????? only you can judge,  just say you are OK?             You are the most wonderful educated, lovely writer of what we suffer, and your video, so brilliantlllllllllllllll    you are so wonderful, thankyou!

But are you stong enough to go over old memories,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?  I hope you are........ I hope you can be the first to sue these bastards,.  I wish you strength........hope I can help...........

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ang , I'm fine , promise.   I've had a mud facial , watched "I Am Caitlyn" with ex-Bruce Jenner , and made a chicken casserole for dinner.

Another rockin' Saturday night , lol.

Time for bed now.   No more worrying for you tonight , okay?

:P

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg