SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Fresh's Fractured Fairytale: How Much Can a Koala Bear?

Fresh

• Mentor

You watching Caitlyn, thats a worry!   no seriously   so nice to know you are doing well............ you write so beautifully, your experiences.............. I am fine, well, I am nuts of course. that is what these drugs do to us?  ... but I am workiing, and doing OK, hope to get my life back one day............... 

but let those complaining complain, you dont have to complain on their behalf.  They can do it themselves..............

hugs to youXXXXXXX

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Hello Fresh,

I saw the akathisia videos, it must have been one hell of a nightmare. Just like the one I'm going through. Hold on.

Hugs, Mel

1990-1992 Anafranil. OCD under control, extreme social phobia. Hospitalized for the 1st and 2nd time (out of 3). 1999-2002: Prozac 20 mg. Stopped due to severe anxiety. Increased benzo consumption. 2003-2005: AD free (therapy). Feeling good, started working. Persisted 9 yrs in full-time job. 2005-2007: Ixel (milnacipran). SNRI. 2007-2011: Lexapro 10-15 mg. Fatigue and anxiety. Mania. Insomnia. Acne. Shopoholism. Polydrugging with different meds. 2011-2013: Effexor 37,5-150 mg (mostly 75 mg). SNRI. Fatigue and depression, terrible acne with scars, now gone. April 2013: Wellbutrin 150 mg. Hot flashes, extreme appetite, aggression. May 2013 - May 2014: Prozac - from 10 mg to 0 mg, very harsh taper. Functioning great but EXTREME ANXIETY. From May 2014: tried different ADs to replace Prozac, nothing worked, terrible side effects (Seroxat, Zoloft, Luvox, Brintellix, Doxepin, Trazodone). May 2014 back to benzos (Valium) in hope of improvement, aggravated depression and anxiety. Sept. 2014: Lexapro 2,5 mg, highest dose 5 mg for 1,5 months (Spring 2015). Steady decline, anxiety, fatigue. Diagnosed with OCD, dysthymia, social phobia, anxiety disorder, insomnia, eating disorder (first bulimia, then anorexia). Current meds: Seroquel 6,25 mg for sleep - 5 mg since Nov. 5, 2015. Lexapro 1,25 mg since Aug. 4th 2015. Valium, Ambien prn, tapering. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9984-melanie-should-i-reinstate-lexapro/

• Moderator Emeritus

The moment you start being smarter than anyone else, is the time you need to reflect ........ hugs, lots of hugs fresh,  you speak so well./

Well said.  Tis so true.  "I know nothing, I know nothing".........quote by Colonol ?Klink ? Klinger of Hogan's Heroes(old US t.v. show).

So........the Aussies were into Saturday yesterday?

Caitlyn seems to be doing pretty well, I think, I caught her briefly on a televised group with her working with some young people..........creating a lot of awareness and hope, and the beginnings of change. 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Was there some mention of a mud facial above somewhere?  Pedicures are also grand even if one has to do their own.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Are you ok ?????????

Sorry, just joking .

Love the "doggie Picture".  So cute !!

Love, Ali. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hugs all 'round.  Group hug!!    

Melanie , the akathisia completely stopped and hasn't been back in 12 months now.  I'm doing fun stuff . . . I never would have believed I could actually get this good , I was convinced when I was sick that it was permanent and would have loved deep sleep therapy if it was offered.

MMT , you did indeed see mud mask , one of my regular passive activities.  This was a Dead Sea mineral mud , all my other products

are ayurvedic (plant extracts , Indian).   It's been important to do those little feminine things that all contribute to the bigger picture.  

Another big tick on my list this week was new knickers , lots of them . . . it's like a Bonds ad at my place.   Am finally catching up on these things

that just don't rate when it's all you can do to survive every day.

Whilst I'm enjoying the doing , I'm very conscious of integrating time to just "be".   After all , we are human beings , not human doings. 

I still get that antsy feeling , that I should be doing something else , alot of the time , but now I recognize it as a symptom and contain it ,

rather than try to placate it.  So far so good , keeping the balance.

Thought for the day:  send a small donation to this site as a token of gratitude.

:)    

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Fresh,

Just stopping by your thread to say hello . I am so ???? happy you are improving every day.

It's only up from here !????????????

(((( hugs))))

RB

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.

Fresh, I'm so happy you are in such a good place right now. 

I can relate with the compulsion of wanting to be doing things, especially when we feel we have lost so much time being sick and not being able to do anything. I started doing so many things after ECT and got a little bit more excited than I should've, then I got this depression relapse (hoping it's just something still adjusting that will pass). So, yes, also dedicating time to just being, is nice and necessary. 

Hugs :) 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Definitely.  I am having such a hard time holding back from the old "overdoing until I drop again" mentality.  Time to smell the roses is enough.........for now........it is.

Hi Fresh,

Just stopping by to say, "hi".

Thank you for stopping by my thread.

It is nice to know that you are doing well.

Are you still using the cranial stimulating machine?

How is your pickling going?

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Just stopping by to say hello

Congrats for selling the veggies, I saw the other day on NMHM thread.

Big hugs to you, be strong...

Mel

1990-1992 Anafranil. OCD under control, extreme social phobia. Hospitalized for the 1st and 2nd time (out of 3). 1999-2002: Prozac 20 mg. Stopped due to severe anxiety. Increased benzo consumption. 2003-2005: AD free (therapy). Feeling good, started working. Persisted 9 yrs in full-time job. 2005-2007: Ixel (milnacipran). SNRI. 2007-2011: Lexapro 10-15 mg. Fatigue and anxiety. Mania. Insomnia. Acne. Shopoholism. Polydrugging with different meds. 2011-2013: Effexor 37,5-150 mg (mostly 75 mg). SNRI. Fatigue and depression, terrible acne with scars, now gone. April 2013: Wellbutrin 150 mg. Hot flashes, extreme appetite, aggression. May 2013 - May 2014: Prozac - from 10 mg to 0 mg, very harsh taper. Functioning great but EXTREME ANXIETY. From May 2014: tried different ADs to replace Prozac, nothing worked, terrible side effects (Seroxat, Zoloft, Luvox, Brintellix, Doxepin, Trazodone). May 2014 back to benzos (Valium) in hope of improvement, aggravated depression and anxiety. Sept. 2014: Lexapro 2,5 mg, highest dose 5 mg for 1,5 months (Spring 2015). Steady decline, anxiety, fatigue. Diagnosed with OCD, dysthymia, social phobia, anxiety disorder, insomnia, eating disorder (first bulimia, then anorexia). Current meds: Seroquel 6,25 mg for sleep - 5 mg since Nov. 5, 2015. Lexapro 1,25 mg since Aug. 4th 2015. Valium, Ambien prn, tapering. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9984-melanie-should-i-reinstate-lexapro/

• Moderator Emeritus

It's almost 6am , been up for 2 hours , have my pickles all ready for the market today.

There's been a surprising amount of components to organize - jars , produce , ingredients , labels , tasting dishes/spoons , an email/web

address , esky.  It's been a challenge for my planning skills , which definitely need practice.  The most important thing for me is that I'm

enjoying the process , and learning as I go.

I'm still doing the CES therapy every 2-3 days for 40 minutes.   I did a decrease 4 days ago and have had a sprinkling of symptoms - less sleep , some very gentle paresthesia on the toes , little waves of buzziness that surge over my head and

over my body (not unpleasant at all , (? POTS , dizziness) , totally off eating , slightly irritable and a little more wound up.

This is in the context of a generally unusual week , what with the pickle thing starting , a friend , well known holistic oncologist Mitch Gaynor went missing then was found dead in New York , and the AGM of the strata plan where I live (run by a small group that make my blood boil).

I suspect by this afternoon I'll feel wiped out , and am kind of looking forward to it.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Congratulations, Fresh !   Enjoy your " Market Day".  I hope it all goes well. I'm sure it will.  :)   Love,  Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Morning Fresh,

What a day for you!!  Two days ago I had a big day too, but it started in a lovely way with a healing massage.  At the end the masseuse gave me this meditation (I've tried to find who wrote it, but can't):

'I know who I am, I know what I am, I know what I serve.'

It helped me get through a tough day, including a trip to the doctor, so when I read your post I thought of it for you, too.  It made me feel that, yes, I've got all these issues going on, blah blah blah, and yet 'I know who I am, I know what I am, I know what I serve.'

I still remember how you were so friendly and kind when I started in this forum - you made the whole experience much more personal for me.

Much love,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Mentor

Hello Fresh, so great you are doing so well, you deserve it, and much, much more.   Yes your kindness and commonsense has been appreciated from me.  

And Yes,  I am still having a giggle about the new nickers.       I always remember in my earlier days of working, married life,   to get new nickers was heaven!  

And recently, how I have noticed how horrific my old nickers are...........   I too am looking forward to the day I will get out, go shopping and buy nickers and bras!  But I dont want this to be a chore, I want to enjoy the purchases!

About a month ago, I actually bought a new shirt,  wow, that was a major achievement...........

And first time, this week, I actually looked in my drawers for a different jumper   (has been just washing, then in the dryer, in the basket, out of the basket, and worn again).....

I am going out tonight, to a gentleman friends house for Chinese dinner............  wow, never thought I would make it this far.  Lets hope I stay out all night  :)    My 18 year old  will not be waiting up for me! 

Who knows, lets hope in a week or two I might enjoy going out for dinner.

I think all my extra vitamins and stuff, are actually helping, and I actually have an appetite back...........    I pray this window lasts, for a while yet anyways.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

• Mentor

Are you still tapering Fresh?   I need to update my signature to where I am at.....  I am on 75mg now      25mg am 50mg pm...........  I plan on sticking here until after Christmas, It would be so nice to enjoy the Grandkids, and Christmas this year............. 

The seroquol, or whether it is just the withdrawals, still have the horrors on waking up.....  it is like psychosis, again, like random stupid irrational thoughts all sort of blending into a fake reality...........   luckily it passes when I get up and move.  And the morning nausea seems to be passing...........  nice not to have to deep breath to stop it ...........and gagging wakes up my son.... poor kid!

Thinking of you, Fresh, and hoping your day went well.  :) .   Love you, heaps.    Ali.

• 2 weeks later...

Hugs! 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Hi Fresh

It's been a while and so I am stopping by to say hi! It's nice to see you going so well. I did a market stall a few weeks ago and it was really good, though nerve wracking. I hope yours went well too.

*hugs*

All medications::

Xanax (1995-96), Aropax (1995-96), Mellaril (1997-2000), Efexor (1997-2002), Seroquel (2000-now), Lithium Carbonate (2000-now), Avanza (2002-05), Epilim (2005), Seroquel-XR (2000-now), Zyprexa (2002-14), Raberprazole (2000-now prn), Crestor (2009-15), Gabapentin (2009-12), Lamictal (2010-now), Abilify (2011-now) Lyrica (2012-now), Diazepam (2010-now prn), Saphris (2014), Respiridone (2014), Chlorpromazine (2014) Neulatil (07/2016)

Current medications:

Lithium Carbonate 750mg; Seroquel-XR 600mg800mg 04/16, 600mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 200mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 500mg 04/16; Lamictal 250mg 200mg150mg 04/16; Lyrica 300mg; Abilify 20mg 30mg 11/15 Zoloft 25mg 04/16 ceased after a week due to severe suicidal thoughts; Seroquel 25mg prn; Diazepam 40mg CT Jan 2013, 5mg occasionally, (massive med changes in April 2016 due to a hospital admission).

SupplementsFish oil 4000mgMagnesium 100mg Niacinamide 1000mgSlippery Elm 800mg , B12 1000mcg, Zinc 50mg, B6 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Calcium 1200mgP5P 100mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Vitamin E 400IU

Hi Fresh,

Just popping in to see how you are doing.

I am glad that you have found something enjoyable to do.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hello Fresh! So glad to read that you are feeling so much better these days, me too! And like you, I am very busy "living" again. It is so wonderful to have energy and motivation, I feel so blessed and thankful for everything. But I am aware of my tendency to over extend myself and then need to retreat to rejuvenate, so I am trying hard to balance everything. After feeling so lousy for so long, it is definitely a balancing trick to try to contain my enthusiasm for life - which of course, is a wonderful problem to deal with after the hell of WD.

To many of you, I know it's hard to even fathom feeling "good" when you are in the depth of WD and just trying to get through every day. But hang in there, keep the faith in your body's ability to heal and survive - we are are indeed "marvelously made" and time is the great healer. Be kind and gentle with yourself as you journey through the hell of WD, there is a light at the end of your tunnel!  :)

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

• Moderator Emeritus

Well , things got worse before they began to get better , as is often the way.

The pickle situation got the kaibosch when I found out that you need 1.a Food Safety Certificate and 2. approval from local Council before being allowed to sell food.   Am considering if it's something I really want to pursue.

I got a swift one-two from the universe when a significant friend died from stomach cancer after being diagnosed just 2

months ago , age 36. 

So my new things for that week were a Hindu cremation , then a "Celebration of Life" in the evening.   Not what I would have planned  , but that's how it is.   I was able to go and it was fine , but since then I've had extreme fatigue , sleeping most of the

day as well as the night , very heavy limbs , flat mood , more irritable and  minimal motivation.  

I'm feeling it lift the last day or so , so now I just need to wait.  

Day 3 of a 4 day heat wave here . . . 37 degrees.   Thank goodness for Foxtel   :D .

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, these situations are so difficult to move on from. I had a close friend of mine die in a car accident and it was terribly painful but in the end I got through it, it certainly wasn't easy. You are in my thoughts

The heat is incredible for this time of the year, even in Brissy. I'm glad you're keeping out of it.

Xanax (1995-96), Aropax (1995-96), Mellaril (1997-2000), Efexor (1997-2002), Seroquel (2000-now), Lithium Carbonate (2000-now), Avanza (2002-05), Epilim (2005), Seroquel-XR (2000-now), Zyprexa (2002-14), Raberprazole (2000-now prn), Crestor (2009-15), Gabapentin (2009-12), Lamictal (2010-now), Abilify (2011-now) Lyrica (2012-now), Diazepam (2010-now prn), Saphris (2014), Respiridone (2014), Chlorpromazine (2014) Neulatil (07/2016)

Current medications:

Lithium Carbonate 750mg; Seroquel-XR 600mg800mg 04/16, 600mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 200mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 500mg 04/16; Lamictal 250mg 200mg150mg 04/16; Lyrica 300mg; Abilify 20mg 30mg 11/15 Zoloft 25mg 04/16 ceased after a week due to severe suicidal thoughts; Seroquel 25mg prn; Diazepam 40mg CT Jan 2013, 5mg occasionally, (massive med changes in April 2016 due to a hospital admission).

SupplementsFish oil 4000mgMagnesium 100mg Niacinamide 1000mgSlippery Elm 800mg , B12 1000mcg, Zinc 50mg, B6 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Calcium 1200mgP5P 100mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Vitamin E 400IU

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks cal , nice to see you again.  

"To many of you, I know it's hard to even fathom feeling "good" when you are in the depth of WD and just trying to get through every day. But hang in there, keep the faith in your body's ability to heal and survive - we are are indeed "marvelously made" and time is the great healer. Be kind and gentle with yourself as you journey through the hell of WD, there is a light at the end of your tunnel!   :)"

Beautifully put Prestorb!

Today's news:  class action being started against manufacturers by Sydney lawyer for victims of zoloft , paxil.

See 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/drayton-sher-lawyers-set-to-launch-class-action-against-manufacturers-of-ssri-antidepressants-including

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh,

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Life is like that.

Well said about our ability to heal even if we don't believe it sometimes.

Hopefull :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• Mentor

Thanks for the link........... zoloft destroyed my baby................. paxil (aropax) destroyed me also............ thankyou so much for the link, will look at it tomorrow.

• Moderator Emeritus

Problem with the link in post 312 , here's the article from the Daily Telegraph:

Drayton Sher lawyers set to launch class action against manufacturers of SSRI antidepressants including Zoloft and Aropax
Zoloft will be identified in the class action as having adverse side effects.

A SYDNEY law firm is preparing to launch a class action against the manufacturers of a range of antidepressants it believes do not issue sufficient warnings about several dangerous side effects, ­including suicidal thoughts.

Drayton Sher Lawyers has been in contact with dozens of people from across the nation — including many in NSW — who say they were not advised that consuming certain types of SSRI antidepressants would cause them to become ­aggressive and spark suicidal thoughts.

The class of drugs is used to treat depression, anxiety, ­obsessive-compulsive disorders and post-traumatic stress.

They are manufactured by a range of major pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer (Zoloft) and GlaxoSmithKline (Aropax, Paxil), which both ­declined to comment on the claims when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.

The legal firm says it will argue the drugs were marketed to doctors on the basis of flawed research that downplays the risks of suicide and other serious side effects.

It also claims “selective ­research” was used to show the medications are effective in treating depression.

Lawyer Tony Nikolic said any ­compensation would rely on the number of people who joined the action and the nature of their individual cases.

Mr Nikolic said he had been contacted by people all over the country who had been ­prescribed the drugs, as well as parents concerned about their children’s use.

“We need the community to know about the potential dangers of it,” he said

It follows a University of Adelaide study, released last month, which found no advantages but some worrying side effects for depressed adolescents taking paroxetine, found in Aropax and Paxil. The research re-examined a previous study, funded by GlaxoSmithKline, which had found paroxetine was safe and effective.

Critical and Ethical Mental Health Research Group Professor Jon Jureidini said: “It wasn’t until the data was made available for re-examination that it became apparent that paroxetine was linked to ­serious adverse reactions, with 11 of the patients taking paroxetine engaging in suicidal or self-harming behaviours ­compared with only one ­person in the group of patients who took the placebo.”

He added: “Our study also revealed that paroxetine was no more effective at relieving the symptoms of depression than a placebo.”

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks for this Fresh.

.Im going to forward this to a nz lawyer maybe someone can start the ball rolling here too ...go aussi..

if you get the link back can you post it again..

later...think i got it...oops nope same result says you have to subscribe but when i google it i can find it.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Fresh, Aropax was the very first psych med I went on and well I don't need to say how that went. I'm glad they're people out the fighting against these horrible drug companies. Thanks for posting this ☺

Current medications:

Later....

Gee its a full time job writing letters regarding this saga..

Just finished a letter to a lawyer and sent a copy of this on to them. Its impossible to sue doctors over here but a class action against pharma maybe someone could do it??

Dont know unless you ask eh

I included info on this from the seroxat user litigation in England who soon will be having their day in court ...

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Fresh Im terribly sorry for your loss, losing a friend is awfully hard but I must imagine hes in a better place now. I know your days will continue to get better,  your on the right track to wellness 

Mort  

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Fresh.

Loss is a very painful road to travel. I am so sorry for your loss.

You are in my thoughts.

I wish you continued healing.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the support guys.   The thing about someone dying is it bring's up a bunch of issues regarding one's own mortality and the

purpose of life.

I've decided (after much deliberation) to share this short video:   Celebration of Life , Jo Vaani Mall.

I was there the night of her first date with her future husband in 2008 in India. They married in 2011 and have spent their time sharing

healing and joy through music in Bali , India and Australia.  Hubby was the only one I allowed (or who was brave enough) to visit me last

year when I was so sick. The way she lived , doing what made her and others happy , is an inspiration.

Her gift will live on.  Please take the time to watch this for your own healing.   :)

nz11 , you're always welcome in the Australia room  :D

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Fresh,

She was beautiful -- from the video it would seem inside and out. Even though it was far too short it looked like she did a lot of living in her 36 years.

My heart goes out to you and all who are hurting for her loss.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi Fresh 

What a beautiful video and truly beautiful soul she was. Thank you so much for sharing. It just goes to show how precious life is and how much we need to surround ourselves with those we love.

*hugs*

Current medications:

What a beautiful video of your beautiful friend, Fresh. I found it very touching and inspiring. 

Thank you for sharing.

Take the best care of yourself.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain