HopeNeeded Debilitating Withdrawals (Vision, Disequilibrium, Confusion, etc...)

HopeNeeded

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hope,

There is a link below about Lamictal.  Post # 5 by Alto includes: "About Lamictal, here's the problem: Not many doctors know how to use Lamictal and recognize when to increase and when to decrease dosage, plus how it's affecting the withdrawal symptoms. They also don't understand the hypersensitivity issues ..."

lamictal-lamotrigine-to-calm-post-discontinuation-withdrawal-symptoms/

If you want to search this site it is best to use your favourite search engine and type in survivingantidepressants.org + the topic you are looking for.  In this instance I typed Lamictal.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HopeNeeded

• Altostrata

• clearday

• apace41

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, ChessieCat. I did read that article - which is why I was asking follow up questions. I would still like to know if others have had success with Lamictal (aside from Alto).

A really important question... I have been 24/7 dizzy/disequilibrium with 24/7 fogged vision (and brain) for a full year. While other symptoms have waxed and waned, as people describe on these forums, I have had no windows for 13 months. That is really uncommon for AD withdrawal, right? I am really desperate and terrified - having literally lost all I am and all I loved. 

Please please respond. 

Thank you, in advance. 

Diagnosis: Anxiety, Situational Depression 

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

Beg of February 2015: Stopped Pristiq, continued on 20mg Prozac for 2 weeks 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2015: Decide to stop Pristiq due to negative side effects 

Beg of November 2014: Switch from Zoloft to Pristiq 50mg

August 2014: Reinstate Zoloft 100mg

March-June 2014: Weaned off of Zoloft 100mg 

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

Someone?! Please.

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

Wow. Appalled and disgusted by the ignoring. I have not asked for much. So much for support, huh?

Doubt anyone will see this or care enough to take it to heart, but ignoring is not okay on a site that boasts support for the suffering from w.d.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope,

I'm sure you are struggling and for that I am truly sorry.  You have to realize, however, that this is a site of all volunteers that gets a lot less attention on the weekends than it does during the week.  You posted last night at a little before 6 eastern.  When you didn't hear back less than day later it seems harsh to crucify everyone for not caring.  I know that I, for example, did not look on the site but once or twice since yesterday and just noticed your post. 

Not everyone has windows and waves as to all symptoms.  While the windows and waves pattern is a generalization regarding the healing process, each person heals in his or her own way.  There are examples I have read of people who showed no improvement whatsoever for an extended period of time only to be followed by rapid healing across many symptoms.  Other have what you have -- some symptoms improve and get worse and improve and get worse while other symptoms remain constant. 

I have some of the same symptoms you have regarding the disequilibrium and what I would describe as being "foggy and heavy-headed" and it is pretty much constant.  Some days are better than others but none would be what I would call a "window."  It causes me, as I'm sure it does you, to question if it is the drug or if it is something else that is going on.  I've had tests for everything so I suppose I have to conclude that the drug is behind this.  I would not say that anything is or is not common or uncommon in withdrawal.  I think all bets are off and people have very odd situations that arise.  I do not think that because it has been constant without windows that you should assume it is not a result of the withdrawal of the medicine.

People here do care about you, Hope, and everyone else who is suffering through their own personal nightmare.  If at times we can be less attentive to any one person's needs it is not from lack of caring.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Dear HopeNeeded

I am so sorry you are having such a bad wave. Yes we do wonder if this will ever go away. I am 34 months off Zoloft...I never took anything else.. I was on it for 9 years and decided Dec 3, 2011 to taper which I did for a year and a half...was off completely May 17. 2013 - tapering I had many symptoms but mostly nausea indigestion leg pain that I sort of could cope with, but after stopping completely about 6 or 7 months later all hell broke lose and I had new symptoms. pins and needles in my face and lips and head with head pressure, pressure bridge of my nose, light headedness, and dizziness, ear pressure, distorted vision - migraines, they were pretty bad - I never had a window and if I did I didn't notice it because it was so slight - but then around 28 months it just got worse and worse and as of today 34 months later - always in a wave - .....

But I have faith this too will pass - you are not alone - many of us have had long waves for many months....and got better - so you and I will have to hope for the best speranza.....hope...

Be strong we are here for you - you are not alone - we all suffer more than we should....it will get better read some of the posts where people have made it....

We care, I care keep posting xxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

Andy, Bless you.....you are a precious gem that lights our darkest times...thank you

Lee (f)

xxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Andy, Bless you.....you are a precious gem that lights our darkest times...thank you

Lee,

That is sweet of you.  Thank you for saying that.  I hope you start seeing some of the improvement you so deeply deserve. 

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,