akakoom: lost in no-man's-land

akakoom

So sorry to hear that your head still burns.

Same here, head zapping and burning. It's insane that these poisons are legal. But I think after a year we should be much better if not fully recovered. 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akakoom

• Laura1981

• bluebalu86

• KT38

Top Posters In This Topic

After a year, I really hope so. I was talking to a friend who had read an article on cocaine recovery. He said it takes 4 months for the brain to restore its chemical balance after just one hit from cocaine. He doesn't know the half of it! I never said anything about my experience tho. Still keeping it private.

March 5, 6  2015 1 10mg Paxil each day - only 2 pills total - experienced huge tingle in my head on first pill

numbness in my hands and feet, skin less sensitive over all... not ticklish anymore

**anhedonia, blank emotions

PSSD, anorgasmia

heartbeat rhythm problems

"To err is human.  To really foul things up requires a psychiatrist."

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8554-akakoom-lost-in-no-mans-land/

"When you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill (the only way out is through)

Hi Aka, I haven't read your whole thread. What are your "heart problems"?   I have S.V.T.  In your Sig  - "heartbeat rhythm problems".    Do you think  , this is just  - "withdrawal".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

hi AliG

every once and a while when my heart beats it kinda hurts.  not a palpitation, just the regular heart rhythm but the muscle hurts.  its been like that since i took the meds.  happens maybe a couple times an hour. not a lot, but its never happened before.

--

i have really given up on getting better any more.  i guess this is just my life.  my head feels terrible but it isn't getting better.  been almost no change at all

March 5, 6  2015 1 10mg Paxil each day - only 2 pills total - experienced huge tingle in my head on first pill

numbness in my hands and feet, skin less sensitive over all... not ticklish anymore

PSSD, anorgasmia

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8554-akakoom-lost-in-no-mans-land/

"When you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill (the only way out is through)

akakoom I'm so sorry for your state...it's unbelievable you have long-term issues for a bunch of pills :(

anyway absolutely don't give up, your changes marks that something is moving on inside your body and mind and it is recovery I guess.

I miss the old times when I was living a full life, with my mind stuck in the moment...I hope we will be there again soon!

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

I know what you mean.  life is in a holding pattern right now... hence: "no-man's-land"

PSSD, anorgasmia

Νοbody knows what happened in our brains and  it can't produce human emotions. Nobody...It's all theory and nothing else. Also nobody  knows what will be the prognosis...Undoubtedly there are people -like my friend- who recover even after  a very long time.on the other side there are people who suffer for many years. What is the percentage of these categories nobody can tell too...

We need so much the luck of this man! I wanted to share with you and other victims like Luca these email only for little hope...

4 times on SSRI'S in the past, I have never had such serious problems.

Septemper 2013-November 2013: Paxil (60mg)

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

current dose: 0.87,5 mg.(8AM, 2PM, 8PM, 00-01AM)

Ricardo, thanks so much for sharing the great news from your friend! So many of us are suffering so badly feeling hopeless an closing strength to continuing. This gives me strength to push through for another very painful and difficult day.

We are all here for each other, pulling each other one step after another for the incredible long tunnel.

Be kind to yourself, everyone. I can't make it to today without your company, support and empathy.

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

if medicine would acknowledge that there's a problem, they could survey the outcomes, nd then at least they would get a feel for the damage these drugs cause.  but right now its just our imaginations.  no company wants to admit that these drugs are useless and harmful

for me i think its permanent brain damage.  5 months sfter... no improvement, from 1 pill? i guiess i am the unlucky exception to the rule. feeling suicidal today

PSSD, anorgasmia

akakoom you're not alone in no mans land, there are many of us. Try to enjoy little things and for now apply the rule "fake it till you make it". One day you won't have to pretend that you're human ;)

i "faked it" today.  went over to a friends house to get his help in installing some jeep parts.  Had fun, but didn't get as much pleasure out of it as i used to. i hope there comes a day when i can get pleasure out of the little things... and the big things too of course

faking if day by day

PSSD, anorgasmia

am I making progress?

I don't know... maybe

for most of the day I have been feelings that drove me to the meds in the first place.  I've been feeling loneliness and anxiety.  still haven't felt strong feelings of happiness though

most of the burning and cloudiness and burning has been gone today.  there's just a bit in the front of my forehead.

i'm going on a trip this weekend with friends.  first time since i've been affected by these drugs.  i have a long drive to go on for the trip.  i hope i can do it.  3 days away from home.  hope it goes ok

PSSD, anorgasmia

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees, you're making progress!!! Feelings are coming back! Seems like you're having your first window. 

Of course you won't feel super happy after all the s**** you have gone through, but having feelings at all is already great. Burning and cloudiness gone? This is huge! 

I'm so happy for you! The trip will work out too! I think sometimes feel more impaired than we actually are, just because our brains feel so weird. 

I hope you can enjoy the trip a bit. 

(hugs)

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

:(

today feels like 2 steps back

days like today makes it feel like i am still losing brain cells - this has to be brain damage

PSSD, anorgasmia

Cam, I also think you are making progress. It's gonna be bumpy, healing is not linear. There's gonna be both good and bad days. As long as you have good days, or even hours or minutes, you're healing. Rest assured this will get better. I have no doubts. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Blue is right! You had a window. There will be more, it's just a matter of time until they get more frequent :-) 

Right back to status quo. So much is gone it wont ever come back

PSSD, anorgasmia

Not true , AKA. How did the trip go ??  It will "come back". 2 pills. I'm sure you will recover.  I had 20 years.  You will be ok.  You will  move on from this. Hang in there.  I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

my trip was ok.  it was stressful because i don't like camping.  but offroading with the jeep was fun.  i still feel emotionally numb tho,  i dont think anyone noticed anything was wrong.  there must have been 30 people there.  i managed to get through it tho.  a few new dents on the jeep now! ;)

PSSD, anorgasmia

And thank you everybody for your support.  you really keep me going through this hell.  i would have given up long ago.  your help has been crucial.  I hope we all heqal soon.  don't give up!

PSSD, anorgasmia

So sorry Akoom..

It must be awful for you but at least you only took 2 as Ali said..I've been 15 yrs! So it will be alright, ok?

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

thats why i dont get it sometimes... why should only 2 pills hit me so hard when some people take this poison for years and years?? 

i guess i am just  that unlucy

PSSD, anorgasmia

It's because of our genetics.... something is different.

I'm getting a genetic test done now to see if I have the enzymes to metabolize drugs. Not that I'm planning to take antidepressants again, but in case I have to ever have a surgery or something, it would be interesting to know. 

almost 6 months now... no improvement

PSSD, anorgasmia

splitting headache today

horribly depressed, for s lot of reasons, not just because of the pills, other first world problems

PSSD, anorgasmia

Sorry to hear (hug).

I feel horrible too today. My brain zaps are so bad that I can barely do anything useful. I overdid it with sports again. Stupid me, I never learn. 

Do you think the depression is magnified by the med accident? Or is it a genuine real life feeling? 

no one gets better.  we only forget what we lost

i am already forgetting what i used to be

PSSD, anorgasmia

anhedonia is worse today than it has ever been .   feet feel numb and cold.  head feels like a brick.  why has there been no improvement!! its been almost 6 months.  i cant live like this forever

PSSD, anorgasmia

nobody talks to me :(

lol thats ok, all i do is complain

its almost the end of 6 months and i havent felt any improvement.  the inflammation / fire feeling is almost gone, but i still feel the stuffy/cloudy feeling

anhedonia and pssd is as strong as ever. havent had any change in that at all yet.  this is so discouraging.  2 pills, 6 months ago.  man i am in bad shape.  it boggles me how people can take these pills for decades. you would never have any brains left!

PSSD, anorgasmia

Hi Akakoom,

I had burning in my head for 10 months.

It is a good sign that the burning in your head has subsided.

Hang in there, you will get better.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hi Aka,   Just keep "plodding".   Day by day, Minute by minute !!   Patience will get you there in the end.  :huh:    Try not to "catastrophize" , if you can. I took the "poison" for 2 decades, and I still have "one brain " left !!  LOL.  :unsure:

Thinking of you! If the burning is gone, that's a progress! I'm sure the PSSD and Anhedonia stuff is just more stubborn than the burning, but eventually it will go. 

hi everybody

thanks for the encouraging words.  i am so thankful to have your friendship and concern in this ordeal

have been horribly depressed these last couple days.  i feel like i am being punished for a crime i didn't commit.  knowing this community is here has saved my life

my head feels different every day.  sometimes firey, sometimes stuffy, sometimes both.  but at no time have i felt any return of "normal"  -nothing that would give me hope.  but i will keep hoping and waiting

i wish everyone a speedy recovery... none of us deserve this.  ((hugs)) for everyone

PSSD, anorgasmia

i find it hard to keep myself distracted.  i am still able to work, so that helps, but at home I just sit around.  dont have a lot of friends, and its even harder to engage with people when you feel like this.  terrible

PSSD, anorgasmia

hi Laura

forgot to answer your question...

i think the depression is real emotion.  i think i have been feeling down because of what i am dealing with.  the other first world problems are a factor also.  its the loneliness.  going through this without a shoulder to cry on has been horrible. 

i think when i took that first pill the chem got sucked into my brain cells, and they have been slowly dying since.  the meds work by blocking the uptake port.  i think in my case my uptake ports are a little bigger than other people.  instead of blocking the hole, the chem got sucked up right like a drinking straw.  yes i know this is all a guess, we really don't know whats going on in our brains... and that begs the question... if we don't know whats going on, what the heck are we doing taking these chemicals that we don't know how it effects us!!  crazy and it makes me so frikkin angry!  -ok rant over

thanks Laura for your message.  ((hugs)) to you, i hope you heal soon

i hope we all heal soon.  stay strong.  we need courage

PSSD, anorgasmia

i havent felt happiness / love for 6 months.  i cant take this.  this is a living hell

PSSD, anorgasmia