akakoom: lost in no-man's-land

akakoom

Hey Cam, 

I'm so sorry you feel so bad and depressed. I can totally understand why. Anhedonia and lack of emotions was wrecking me too. I had it for a couple of weeks and I couldn't even recharge your courage and spirits because of it. 

But it will get better! My theory is that these immediate adverse reactions are some kind of neurotoxicity syndrome combined with withdrawal. 

Don't give up hope yet! From all that I heard, the real progress starts after a year. Stupid toxic drugs!!!!!!!

Cheers, Laura

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akakoom

• Laura1981

• bluebalu86

• KT38

Top Posters In This Topic

i've only took 2 pills and that was 6 months ago... why am i suffering so long?  this has to be permanent!

why did you only have it for 2 weeks and for me its forever!!?   what happened to me!?

March 5, 6  2015 1 10mg Paxil each day - only 2 pills total - experienced huge tingle in my head on first pill

numbness in my hands and feet, skin less sensitive over all... not ticklish anymore

**anhedonia, blank emotions

PSSD, anorgasmia

heartbeat rhythm problems

"To err is human.  To really foul things up requires a psychiatrist."

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8554-akakoom-lost-in-no-mans-land/

"When you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill (the only way out is through)

i want to die

real world problems are too much for me

the pills only make it worse

my life is over - i dont have much time left

its a faite accompli

March 5, 6  2015 1 10mg Paxil each day - only 2 pills total - experienced huge tingle in my head on first pill

numbness in my hands and feet, skin less sensitive over all... not ticklish anymore

PSSD, anorgasmia

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8554-akakoom-lost-in-no-mans-land/

"When you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill (the only way out is through)

Akakoom, don't give up man. You have so many things to fight for and life will be good again, you'll see. You're already 6 months in and I'm sure healing will start soon. Life is worth living. I also have this strange thoughts like: "You're thinking abou buying new dress and I'm ******* dying here right now" or "You're thinking about what to do in your free time and I'm just trying to survive every hour", but when I have moments of clarity I know that its just my mind playing with me. And I have some good moments too. Stay strong and be patient, life is worth it

Akakoom, don't give up man. You have so many things to fight for and life will be good again, you'll see. You're already 6 months in and I'm sure healing will start soon. Life is worth living. I also have this strange thoughts like: "You're thinking abou buying new dress and I'm ******* dying here right now" or "You're thinking about what to do in your free time and I'm just trying to survive every hour", but when I have moments of clarity I know that its just my mind playing with me. And I have some good moments too. Stay strong and be patient, life is worth it

Couldn't agree more! Keep fighting Cam! We'll all get better.

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

thanks laura.

was fun to chat w you today.  that helped...

but my real life problem eclipses my meds problem.  my head is spinning and theres nothing i can do about it

PSSD, anorgasmia

my hands dont feel as numb at the moment

my head also feels like more static, but not as much pressure

PSSD, anorgasmia

AKA,   you need to read around this site , a bit more. If you do you will realize that what you are saying , has been said "many times" . That's not to say , that what you are feeling is not real. On the contrary,  for you now it's very real.  I'm not trying to minimize that.   It's just that a lot of us , have been through it & going through it, and perhaps you could benefit from that experience. I assume that's why you're here.  Hang on, and just keep going. You will make it !     Love,  Ali. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

im not doing well

PSSD, anorgasmia

• 2 weeks later...

6 months completed.  this  saturday will be day 1 of month 7.  fire and cloudiness is pretty much all gone but there has not been restoration of normal function.

i can handle much more of this

PSSD, anorgasmia

Hi Akakoom,

You have been in pain for 6 months because of 2 lousy pills, which is a horrible twist of fate.

You won't be suffering much longer. Six months is not a long time after having an obvious allergic reaction to a drug, but I can understand how you find yourself dwelling on the unfairness of it all after taking only two pills.

Try to focus on the things that have gotten better, rather than on the things that are still miserable. Sometimes it's very hard to do, when you're in the throes of a wave so, when you come up for air, use that time to practice zoning in on what's improved. It'll get easier to focus on the positive, the more you do it. It's been working for me lately.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Things will turn around for you, AKA.

Lookng forward to seeing that !

Just keep breathing !

Love,  Ali. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Akakoom, you will get better.  I was on for only 2 months and now entering 6 months off and still in bad shape.  I have the opposite of you = I have intense emotions/fear I still can hardly leave the house.  I am affected be everything.  I was just looking at a balloon and all this crazy anxiety started for NO REASON.  I know this is not normal and know it has to go at some point.  I believe the same with you. 

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

Aka,

I didn't read your whole thread. Did you try 5-htp or tryptophan? They are amino acids and boost seratonin. They don't work like am ssri.

1996-2014 - 3mg Clonazepam - Started weaning off in 2010, took 4 years.  All is fine.

2010-2014 - 30mg - 180mg percocets per day.  Quit CT in 2014.  All is fine.

2010-2014 - Mixed in Suboxen while not on percs... 8mg-32mg per day.  Quit CT in 2014.  All is fine (I think)  Opiates don't fully work yet.

2015 - Quit smoking weed, all is fine.

2015- Stopped drinking, all is fine.

2015-  Stopped drinking coffee, all is fine.

2010-2014 - 10mg of Lexapro for first 2 years, then 15mg for another 2 years

Quit over 3 week period - still experiencing bad withdrawal, but very slowly getting better... too slow.  

9/4/2015 - Reinstated 1mg liquid Lexapro.  So far, it's not helping... maybe hurting but not sure yet.

9/5/2015 - Stopped the 1mg, made it worse.  I will ride it out, currently drug free.

"The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory"

hi everybody

it's me, cam... i had to create this account because i cant get into my old one and i cant seem to reset the password.  I'm still here, but still depressed about my situation

wish i never heard of this poison.  i wish i was strong enough to never have needed it in  the first place.  i just wish i was happy

my life sucks and i don't see it getting better

the whole reason i took these pills in the first place was because i was depressed over losing a girlfriend.  now i just got an email from her.  sounds like she has a new boyfriend.  i am happy for her but now so depressed.  so lonely.  i dont think i can take much more.  i am so depressed.  i spend all my time alone.  i cant take it

i understand that you all care but talking to people on a forum dont help much.  so lonely.

Aww so sorry cam..yes I know loneliness is awful..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

i just emailed her to tell her i still care.  probably wont do any good.  hope it doesnt hurt her.  i am crushed

PSSD, anorgasmia

Hello ak,

You will be ok. Breath in breath out! There are so many other girls out there.

Consentrate on getting yourself better, then the rest will fall into place.

Keep going,

T

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

AKA,

I know this seems important now,  but it's really not !! 

I agree with T girl. Concentrate on getting yourself right .  Try & look at the " big picture".  Build yourself up, so that you don't become " weak ".  Stay strong.

all i can do is wait and hope.  WD is still too bad, i still cant feel emotions right.  my hands feel numb/huge.  it's wierd..how can i get a new girl when i cant feel any emotions?  this is horrible.   (not that i want another girl right now.  just soldier on)

PSSD, anorgasmia

Soldier on.   Forget the  "girls" . Look after yourself.

Don't be weak !!   Be strong.

barely strong enough to get out of bed.  here i was hoping to take some time, get better, then walk back into her life and sweep her off her feet.  guess not now.  effing pills.  i regret ever taking these poisons.  i wish i was strong enough to handle life's challenges.  why am i weak and others strong?  others dont need meds.. or need shrinks... i guess this is just darwinism at its finest.  only the strong survive

PSSD, anorgasmia

hi tgirl...  thanks for your concern

yes i know there are other girls out there.  my head knows that but the heart... my heart wants her...

i will find the strength to continue somehow

PSSD, anorgasmia

You're strong, AKA. Grow a spine. You're good !

these drugs have really ruined me.  i cant imagine ever getting better.  sorry everyone for being a downer... a broken record.  but it baffles my mind what these chems have done.  2 pills.  F!  not like i have enough to deal with.

thanks ali... i will try to be strong.  everything seems so dark right now

last year this time, i was with her, the sun was never brighter.  i had never been happier.  big change in a year

PSSD, anorgasmia

all i can do is wait and hope.  WD is still too bad, i still cant feel emotions right.  my hands feel numb/huge.  it's wierd..how can i get a new girl when i cant feel any emotions?  this is horrible.   (not that i want another girl right now.  just soldier on)

these drugs have really ruined me.  i cant imagine ever getting better.  sorry everyone for being a downer... a broken record.  but it baffles my mind what these chems have done.  2 pills.  F!  not like i have enough to deal with.

thanks ali... i will try to be strong.  everything seems so dark right now

last year this time, i was with her, the sun was never brighter.  i had never been happier.  big change in a year

Can I ask why you guys aren't together anymore if everything was going so well with her last year?

Can I ask why you guys aren't together anymore if everything was going so well with her last year?

rookie mistakes on my part

PSSD, anorgasmia

cloudiness is still present but less.  i think emotions are coming back somewhat.  emotions feel  a bit stronger that when i was at my worst, but still weaker than they should be.  happiness is weak, but sadness is pretty much normal.  i used to have a short temper.(nerd rage!)   that's gone

numbness in my hands and feet is fluxuating a bit.  sometimes it feels really bad, sometimes it feels almost normal.

pssd anorgasmia isnt getting better at all yet.  i hope it does someday

PSSD, anorgasmia

Is this gods will?

I don't have time to lose to these drugs.

I guess this was meant to happen. Did I deserve this?  I guess I did

PSSD, anorgasmia

I don't believe in God anymore and I don't think anyone deserves our fate. I have this thoughts about mistakes from my past and people that I hurt, but no, whatever you did, you don't deserve that

hi crimson,

yeah, I dont believe in god either. i guess i just feel guilty for taking this crap.  none of us deserve this torture.

going through thisrally makes me question my beliefs tho.  even in  the things i don't believe in

just gotta hang in there

PSSD, anorgasmia

You could feel guilty about taking meth, because everyone knows that it can screw you big time, but you shouldn't feel guilty about taking legal drug that is marketed as safe. And hang in there man, you said you already seen some improvements so I think you're on a good way

yeah, crimson, the doctors should be the guilty ones... them and the pharma companies...

PSSD, anorgasmia

How are you, AKA ??   I hope I wasn't too tough.  :unsure:    How are you ?    I hope you're doing well.

Hi Ali

I'm ok I guess.  Still waiting for any sign of hope.  not much has changed.  still feel funny in the hands and feet, and the arousal is gone.  i don't think i will ever get better.  its hard to get a new girlfriend when you don't get horny anymore. 

cant please the ladies :((

PSSD, anorgasmia