lapd: Haldol withdrawal and brain damage

lapd

lapd how are you doing mate?

it's a bit u haven't written here

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapd

• Blackstar

• Pugknows

• JanCarol

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey lapd i hope you are still here man. I feel your pain. I too have had an injection that wrecked me. I cannot experience joy or even sadness. All i have is the resentment towards the doctor that has done this to me. Please dont end it. I too think about ending it everyday. God i hope you're okay. And my injection-invega- takes longer to get out of the system than haldol apparently. You really havent given it enough time i dont think.

Anafranil 100mg

-was injected with invega sustenna 234mg then a week later 156mg

I suggested stimulants because i've seen other people on the net say that it helped them to varying degrees during antipsychotic after effects.  I didnt say go to the street corner and buy some crack.  Getting it prescribed by a willing doctor/psychiatrist and taking it in a controlled way is what im proposing.  Yes exercising caution and care is mandatory.  But when you feel like you wanna shoot your brains out because you can't feel any pleasure from anything, have no motivation to even take care of yourself, don't care about anything, let months fly by while rotting away, in that case I'll take something to give me a kick.

On the bright side, I can't remember which forum I read it on earlier today or last night, but there was a thread by a guy who was on Haldol injections for a while with same problems after and there were some people that came on and said it does get better within a year.  So all hope is not lost for you.  

Prior to withdrawals, I used to take Adderall XR 30mg, every day - along with an additional 20mg immediate release on long days. Now, after being sensitized to medication, 5mg sends all of my withdrawal symptoms soaring in intensity. 

Blackstar - I had the same thought - that it would be better to have the motivation - unfortunately, withdrawal and sensitization took that option away as well. Just an FYI.

Diagnosis: Anxiety, Situational Depression 

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

Beg of February 2015: Stopped Pristiq, continued on 20mg Prozac for 2 weeks 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2015: Decide to stop Pristiq due to negative side effects 

Beg of November 2014: Switch from Zoloft to Pristiq 50mg

August 2014: Reinstate Zoloft 100mg

March-June 2014: Weaned off of Zoloft 100mg 

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

And I used to be a bass-head, loving heavy bassed music that got me really going. Now it's all just gone, I feel extremely shallow and impaired. I see nothing in life to look forward to, I've become a fat sexless slob with no desire for anything, money, music, going out, you name it. I'm still suicidal and nobody can help me with it as nobody really sees the extent of damage done to my mind, perception, body, I'm just lacking the courage to go through with it.

LAPD - I can very much relate. I was telling my new therapist yesterday how I used to be this upbeat, glass half full, energizer bunny - who was up for spin class at 6am - at work fully dressed cute by 9am - not home until after 11pm, social butterfly. I am writing this from bed, where I stay except for the two days a week I go to therapy. Those days I force myself to shower, brush my teeth, and put on an ugly "whatever fits" outfit (i've gained ten pounds prob due to lack of movement) and no makeup -- feeling like I'm going to feint the entire time. 

I tell you this so you know I get it. You're not alone. I don't know how we're going to get through this, but we will. There is no other option...

Feel free to pop over to my intro and see if you feel you can relate. Thanks and hang in there. 

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

I am quite surprised that Haldol make these problems to you...

The older antipsychotics until 1966 are quite safe....

The worst one are the atypical antipsychotics and they are known to make these problems you describes.....

( I have the same problems but from olanzipine and Seroquel)

You're wrong, they are not safe at all.   Some of the most dangerous medications ever given to humans.

I also now have a very strange effect of being disturbed by sounds. With every sound, even like a sound from typing, I get an internal "hit", it feels like my heart contracts, I feeling that you get when you are suddenly scared. Also people's voices produce this effect to the point I can't actually stand someone talking as it disturbs me internally to a great degree.

LAPD - I have this. Same exact thing. Like someone is typing on my brain as they speak. 

yea i agree with oskajga. This has been the absolute worst thing ive gone through in my entire life. And i had to go through the death of my father, who was my best friend in the entire world. Don't ever make light of these poisens. They don't treat schizofrenia or bipolar or any other disorder. They annihilate it with an iron fist. These drugs should have never been invented. And i know some yay-hoo's gonna come on here and be like "OH theyve done wonders for me and to the right people they are miracle drugs!" Invega sustenna has made me suicidal. I may be put into the hospital tonight im not sure. 

Anafranil 100mg

yea i agree with oskajga. This has been the absolute worst thing ive gone through in my entire life. And i had to go through the death of my father, who was my best friend in the entire world. Don't ever make light of these poisens. They don't treat schizofrenia or bipolar or any other disorder. They annihilate it with an iron fist. These drugs should have never been invented. And i know some yay-hoo's gonna come on here and be like "OH theyve done wonders for me and to the right people they are miracle drugs!" Invega sustenna has made me suicidal. I may be put into the hospital tonight im not sure. 

Have you read the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker?  If not, go on amazon.com and order a copy ASAP.  I always had a vague understanding of WHY these medications are very harmful, but when I read that book and understood the science behind it, I just got really pissed off and well informed.

Neuroleptics are basically just ways to destroy the brain's normal functioning, and make it very difficult for people to ever get out of a psychotic state.  Their mostly used as mind control and social control tactics, rather than treatments.  Really sad, and very infuriating that they are so widely prescribed.

Well oskajga, i believe you that its a good book. But it would only be confirming what im already scared to death about. Im scared for my brains recovery. Im at the end of the rope. Are you withdrawing from an antipsychotic also?

Anafranil 100mg

Jaclyn, you do bring up a good point, and there is a very high likelihood that my body would over-respond to stimulants as well.  Because, yes I'm now way more reactive to all medications I take.  Even coffee's effect is amplified alot, but not in a stellar way, just makes me feel sketchy and jittery.  When i was on stimulants (before the antipsychotics effected my neurology), methylphenidate would jack me up, while regular amphetamine actually had a calming effect on me.  But yeah, now that i'm doing better (just in the last 6 weeks) I probably wouldn't be messing with stimulants.  I'd be willing to try a low dose but that's about it.  It's so ironic that the psychiatrist told me that I was sensitized to stimulants after having an episode of psychosis, when really what sensitized my brain (to everything) was the medications they gave me that were supposed to 'aid' in recovery.  This can be a fucked up world to live in.  Hopefully lapd is getting some help and hopefully we hear from him.  

Blackstar how many injections did you recieve or were they pills? how long were you on them? What improvements have you noticed since withdrawel?

Anafranil 100mg

• Moderator Emeritus

please take this conversation to another thread - perhaps you can continue it in Redmanone's thread which is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9358-redmanone-withdrawing-from-invega-sustenna/

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

LAPD how you doin man? I too am suffering the after effects of antipsychotic depot shot. Havent heard from you in a couple weeks. Any improvements? I havent seen any for me yet

Anafranil 100mg

I really hope lapd didn't take the exit way from this world. He is in my condition, same miserable condition. Anyway I guess suicide is not the solution.

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

Yes, in concerned too

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• baroquep locked and unlocked this topic

hey lapd. what are you doing man?

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

September 2017- drugs tapper 5mg weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

November 2017 - waiting haldol recovery since , weight gained , weak muscle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I am very sorry to hear that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I know nothing about haladol and injections. Sounds horrendous. I myself, just went into a lousy depression. I was given too many drugs at once, and now I can relate to how your feel nothing.  It sounds like you’re a brave person, and have the will to get over this. I really admire your effort. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 11:59 PM, Vyacheslav said:

I found lapd on Facebook. 

But one of his friends tell me he don't want to talk to anyone, and another saying he died in 2015.

what his fb name?

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

September 2017- drugs tapper 5mg weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

November 2017 - waiting haldol recovery since , weight gained , weak muscle

• 3 months later...

Any haldol survivors? I was close too to not make my recovery (zyprexa) alive. It was more or less impossible to accept or realise that in 2 years things can be very different. I didnt believe it because I felt and "knew" I was destroyed. 2 years has passéd and Im hopeful about future. I can enjoy swimming and jumping from small cliffs again. Never, ever thought that would happend again. 

People usually lives roughly 70 years where its possible to live a good life. 2 years is nothing. Even 10 is nothing. IF you just focus on healing Many years are left  to do those thing you wanted. 

I know this is Hard to accept and realise when young. You dont want problem with weight, strength, sexual performance/whatever. 

But You will heal a lot in 1-2 years if you focus on just that. Enough so you can feel hopeful about future and yourself again. 

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

• 1 year later...

Lapd? Hello? 

2000: Paxil, low dose. 2001: Paxil, quickly tapered off. 2006: Zoloft, 25mg. 2007: Wellbutrin, low dose, discontinued after a week or a month. 2007-2009: Zoloft, increasing dose (up to 75mg). 2009-2011: Zoloft, failed withdrawal attempts (cold-turkey; fast tapering). 2009-2011: Trying out Cymbalta, Celexa, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Ativan, and Xanax. 2012-2015: Zoloft, 100mg to 200mg. 2013: Trazadone for Zoloft-induced insomnia, 25mg to 50mg.  2015: Trileptal, dose?, withdrew; Bupropion, up to 200mg. 2016: Zoloft, 137mg, Bupropion, 150mg, Trazodone, 25mg.

05/21/16: Began Zoloft taper - 10% from 150mg - 137ish mg

06/23/16: Zoloft taper - 125mg

08/03/16: Bupropion XL taper - cut 150mg pill in crude half (mistake)

10/31: Zoloft successfully down to 100mg. Staying on 100mg for 2-3 months to let my brain rest.

11/09: Wellbutrin SR prescribed, 150mg once a day, for withdrawal.

12/11: Wellbutrin SR, twice daily - minus 18ishmg = 112.50mg

09/30/17: Off Wellbutrin SR successfully. Zoloft taper: 90ish mg (shaving it off). Trazodone: still at 50mg.

June 2018: Zoloft: 80ish (shaving off). Trazodone: 6mg. End of 2018: Off Trazodone.

01/20: Zoloft: 70ish?

08/20: Still around 80 or 70. Tapering by only 15 shaves each month.

04/2021: 50mg! 11/2022: 40ish mg

The doctor who gave him the shot should be arrested.

May - october 2017 - Mirtazapine from 7.5 - 12mg mg for insomnia

May - october 2017 Lyrica 100mg a day.

October-november 2017 - both mirt and Lyrica, or one of them went paradoxical, exteme vertigo after Lyrica. Cut down Lyrica to 3x25mg a day, same vertigo, CT Lyrica. Insomnia developed severe on 12 MG mirtazapine, reduced to 7.5, still insomnia, reduced to 3.75 still.insomnia. CT mirt. 

November 2017 - present burning feet, pins and needles, muscle spasms, myoclonus limbs, head, bugs crawling my head burning hands, left side worst. Ears cracking sensation.

May 2019 - put on gabapentin 100mg 4xday to counteract insomnia

• 1 year later...

Same here in every symptom except vivid dreams, my dreams have become almost nonexistent, just like my internal visions/fantasy/imagination. I can't hold a crisp picture of any kind in my head since haldol injection, and the world seems to become

On 3/1/2020 at 5:37 AM, Mirthazard said:

The doctor who gave him the shot should be arrested.

Just as half of Russian psychiatry. Haldol there is absurdly overly prescribed for some reason. Russia is on top of suicide rates also. Since I guess just like every second or third depressed person gets haldol, the suicide stats are no surprise. I myself never considered suicide before ''''the depression treatment''', now there's nothing to live for in this haldol world of blur and soap, inability to think straight, to operate numbers or complex data of any kind, forgetfulness in the middle of a thought, senile movements with weak muscles, zero joy in being alive. It's like I'm already dead. It's being 5 months.

I wish forums like this were studied more profoundly before one even consider to visit a hospital. But me, I was OK with antidepressants, the doctors gave haldol telling it was phenazepam. So they lied. They knew haldol has tremendously bad rep already, yet they're still pushing it.

• 5 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, deatob said:

the doctors gave haldol telling it was phenazepam. So they lied. They knew haldol has tremendously bad rep already, yet they're still pushing it.

In 2019, i was having a flare from my symptoms and guess what? The gp called a neurologist, who talked with me, examined my eyes, checked my balance, etc. and in the end is didn't saw anything wrong, then he spoke silently with the gp. I didnt heard anything they were talking. After that the GP returned to me and said "look the neurologist said everything is fine with you and that your symptoms have no relation to any neurological damage".

Then i asked him, how does he know that? And he said:

"well the neurologist said to me that your problem is not unusual and he had some patients having symptoms like you, and he advised me to give you a medication that will help you greatly with that symptoms"

I said: ok. Then he called the nurse and the nurse came with a syringe, i asked: what are you giving to me, i thought it was a tablet or something? No, i am giving you Haloperidol... I was lucky because i know all the poisons they give to people and i immediattley recognized the name, it was HALDOL. I got angry and i said to the GP: why would you give me an anti-psychotic? Do you think i am acting like i am having a psychosis or something? Sorry, but the neurologist is doing a irresponsible choice. Bye!!! Glad that i never took that shot ever!

May - october 2017 - Mirtazapine from 7.5 - 12mg mg for insomnia

May - october 2017 Lyrica 100mg a day.

October-november 2017 - both mirt and Lyrica, or one of them went paradoxical, exteme vertigo after Lyrica. Cut down Lyrica to 3x25mg a day, same vertigo, CT Lyrica. Insomnia developed severe on 12 MG mirtazapine, reduced to 7.5, still insomnia, reduced to 3.75 still.insomnia. CT mirt. 

November 2017 - present burning feet, pins and needles, muscle spasms, myoclonus limbs, head, bugs crawling my head burning hands, left side worst. Ears cracking sensation.

May 2019 - put on gabapentin 100mg 4xday to counteract insomnia

• 1 year later...

Lapd

I am too sorry for you. After 8 years I am experiencing the same pain that you had. I am sorry for you killed yourself. Your story made me terrified. I am tend to suicide but I will try anything to recover. If I can’t I will live like that. 

"PSYCHIATRY IS THE DARK AGES OF HUMAN MIND"

Amitriptyline 201?-2019

Mirtazapine 10 mg 2021-2022-2023 April last dose was 29 June 2023 - then she threw away mirtazapine 

Paroksetin 10 mg (2 weeks) 2023 March

Risperidone 0.5 mg March 2023 (1 week usage) 

Escitalopram 10 mg 2023 April (used 1 month, but it was an irregular use) 

Free from all drugs now

Currently fighting with PSSD 

💪