Lilu

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

manymoretodays

Yes.  It can and will get better!  Don't ever lose hope!

Guilietta

Thanks for the video of yourself, Leo. It is encouraging and hopeful. I like the concept of seeking incremental improvements and journaling them. The videos - cartoons - are awesome. 

Hope you are doing OK. :)

Edited by ChessieCat
removed repeated duplication

ChessieCat
8 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Thanks for the video of yourself, Leo.

They aren't videos of Leo.  They are videos which Leo found online and shared with us here.

Guilietta

Oh! They are really good and I just watched the conversation with the MD....really priceless.

Guilietta

Thanks, Leo. :)

Leo1983

Welcome 

papaloapan
On 6/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, Altostrata said:

Any words of encouragement for those experiencing withdrawal syndrome?

This gives hope to those that are in extreme hell: from https://beyondmeds.com/2010/01/10/recap-6-drugs-6-years-2/

To make you feel better, I’ll give you an idea of how bad things were. (Don’t read unless you want some gory details.) For three years I suffered from an irregular heartbeat, a resting pulse anywhere from 120 to 200 beats per minute, a paralyzed bladder (off and on, and I had to catheterize myself to pee), kidneys that didn’t work, glucose intolerance (it’s gone now), and at one point, complete loss of language skills. My eyes were swollen nearly shut, too.

I vomited blood, my hair fell out in clumps, I had seizures, I couldn’t walk in a straight line, my skin peeled like a fruit roll up, etc.

I’m telling you this to illustrate that if I can recover, anyone can. Anyone.

and:

I’m about 85% recovered now, and some days, even more. I’m doing great, and am eagerly looking forward to moving away, getting married, having babies, and doing everything I thought I’d never live to do.

I can go on long walks, shopping…you name it. Out of the over 60+ symptoms I had, only 7 or so remain, and as I’m approaching the 18 month free mark, I know that one of these days, the remaining symptoms will disappear. I’m filled with such happiness and joy, and an appreciation for life I never had before.

Altostrata

While his Web site thelovelygrind.com is a commercial venture offering Christian-inflected counseling, Michael Priebe has created many inspirational videos regarding recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal, available on YouTube.

Armorall

I get Baylissa's daily words of encouragement. Really like this one:

You are stronger than you know. The fact that you are still holding on means that there is something deep within you - let's call it your human will and determination - that will see you through to recovery. If you are doubting your ability to cope, just remember how much you have already had to deal with. You may think you have no more strength to keep you going, but know that the strength always comes. No matter how intense things are or how weary or drained you may be feeling, trust that you will find ways to manage, to overcome, and to nurture yourself while you are healing.

Because of this innate courage and strength, you persevere. So many people tend to give up and go back on the drug or try new ones. It takes immeasurable strength and perseverance to get through withdrawal. You are doing it. You are heroic. No matter how scared you are, how uncertain, how vulnerable you feel, you always keep going.

This is what you must continue to do. Don't lose hope. Don't give up. No matter how long you have been holding on, the day will come when your healing will finally be completed. You must continue until this time arrives. Yes, one day, just when the timing is right for you, the symptoms will all abate, never to return. You will know that you are healed and you will be able to exhale and to put this experience behind you.

Remember, you are stronger than you realize. Keep going. You will make it.