felin

My daughter

felin

My daughter, when going through some horrendous marital problems, was put on an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety drug. She was only on it a few short months (if that. Can't remember exactly) when she decided she felt worse ON the drugs. She weaned herself off within a matter of just 2 or 3 weeks, I believe. My memory is very poor, so don't remember exact timelines, etc. Anyhow, her anxiety levels and horrible memory problems are horrendous. Massive ADD-like symptoms. Poor thing is only 28 yrs old. She has 2 precious little ones 2 yrs old and 4 yrs old.

What advice is given here when someone has weaned off in this way and now having such horrible problems? She, unfortunately, didn't know any better, nor did I at the time she did this.

I can rarely even carry on any length of conversation with her before she gets extremely overwhelmed and just ends the conversation in one way or another. I, actually, can be like this too....just not as extreme. She has become highly irritable and very difficult to maintain a normal relationship with. It is just heartbreaking. You wouldn't know these things just looking at her.... she is a beautiful young woman. However, she is just miserable on the inside. She has almost zero patience.

Can she get better?

Thank you.

Fresh

Hi  felin , I'm so sorry your family is going through this.

The very short answer is Yes , she can get better.   Her behavior is common for people experiencing withdrawal from

psychiatric drugs , even if they were only on them a short while.

How long has it been since she stopped?    Would she consider coming to take a look at this site herself?   She may find it comforting

to know that what she's thinking and feeling are from stopping the meds suddenly , and she will improve.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

felin

Fresh,

Thank you. I gave her the website address but don't think she's come here. She doesn't like to "deal" with her issues. She does alot of avoidance, so is hard to help her.

Just hoping she'll see the need to educate herself about this so that she can help herself.

Lexy

How is your daughter?

felin

Lexy,

How sweet of you to ask and care. Thank you.

She is still not balanced. She has had some serious relationship stressors over the past week and a half or so, not to mention that she is going through a divorce and is sharing custody with him of their 2 precious toddlers. She just up and quit her job a couple of weeks ago because she says she wants to go back to school this summer which left her relying on her boyfriends income completely. While he makes very good money and seems to be delighted to do so, this leaves her relying heavily upon him. Not good for either of them in my opinion. She is very uptight and no doubt reeling from withdrawal never realizing that this is in great part what is going on with her emotions, ability to deal, etc.

I always worry about her and have to give her to the Lord over and again.

Thank you so much for asking. It means alot!

bluebalu86

Felin, just stopping by to tell you that you're amazing for caring so much for your daughter and her health. I wish my parents would do that, but they don't understand. 

felin

Thank you Blu. I wish that your parents were better equipped to understand.

I guess that I understand because I've had my own issues in the same arena. Otherwise, I might not really get it.

I will confess that I have a bit of a hard time being around my daughter for an extended amount of time because of her high intensity and extremely high stress level. I tend to really absorb her stress and end up completely stressed even if I arrived there completely calm. I am praying for the ability to not react internally to her stress but at this point it is extremely difficult for me. One thing is that I am completely open and honest with her. I've told her in the past that I do have a hard time with this and that I realize that at least in part me struggling is my problem.

Even if your parents don't "get" you, I'm sure there is no doubt that they love you very much!

Regardless of it all, I love her deeply and she knows that.

mammaP

Hi Felin, I feel for you because my daughter did the same thing, and suffered for it. I managed to get her to reinstate but when she felt better she quit again.....rinse and repeat again and again! I have given up now because she just doesn't listen. She is stressed and uptight but thinks she is ok it is everyone else that is not right! The little one are just children with everything children get up to but she gets so stressed about them misbehaving and she was never like this before. 

Hopefully both our girls will settle down, and get back to being themselves, in the meantime all we can do is be there to support them, we understand why they are like this and we know it will get better. Hugs from one Mamma to another. 

felin

Thank you so much Mamma! It helps to know that I'm not alone in this particular area of life!

Blessings to you and thank you for reaching out!