SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hallie Vyvance, Cymbalta and a doctor

Hallie

Good morning all -

I have spent most of my life on psych meds and am in the process of getting off of them.

2 Questions:

1. I am currently at 40mg of Cymbalta (for depression) and 50mg of Vyvance (for ADD). Over the years I have focused mainly on decreasing the Cymbalta and am now noticing stronger adverse side affects from the Vyvance (slight neck twitch, aggression, impulsivity, etc). I would like to try and lower the Vyvance to 40mg. Is that advisable? Would it be better/smarter to continue with the Cymbalta, and then work my way down on the Vyvance?
  2. I am hoping to meet with a professional on this to come up with a plan, but there is no one that I can find in Charlotte, NC (which is where I live). I found a dr. in Asheville but thats a good drive. Anyone know of any good supportive doctors, with experience in psychiatric medication decrease near Charlotte?

Thanks for your time!

• Administrator

Welcome, Hallie.

If you are experiencing side effects from Vyvanse, it makes sense to lower that. See Tips for tapering off Vyvanse  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8761-tips-for-tapering-off-vyvanse-lisdexamfetamine-dimesylate/

You can go down part way on Vyvanse, then go back to tapering Cymbalta, and so forth.

Also see Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Here is our list of doctors Recommended doctors, therapists, or clinics

Any doctor can prescribe these drugs, it doesn't have to be a psychiatrist. You may wish to work with a GP with whom you have a good relationship.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hallie, welcome from me too.  I'm glad you found us as there are very few doctors who actually understand  how to taper safely but some GPs will support their patients taper. I hope your tapering goes well for you, you are in the very best place for support when tapering.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible