Tips for tapering off Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat
8 hours ago, Kevman2112 said:

essentially our reason for asking about half life is related to multiple doses per day and what the best time in between is.

That is correct.  If  the half life of pure desvenlafaxine was (for example) 36 hours then we could take powdered Pristiq every 24 hours without being concerned about interdose withdrawal.

8 hours ago, Kevman2112 said:

I have inter-dose withdrawal in the mornings to early afternoon and then 0 symptoms after 2pm (I was taking the full 37.5mg in the morning around 730.  Yesterday I split it up and took 25mg in the morning and 12.5mg right before bed.

It could take up to a week for the drug to reach a consistent level in the blood.

You might start to notice some improvement after a few days.

FINISH LINE here I come!!!

🏁

Current from 11 September 2021:  Pristiq 0.04mg

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• Lilu

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE GOING OFF PRISTIQ.   Pristiq comes in insufficient dosages to taper. Do not alternate doses of Pristiq to taper -- this will cause the levels of this med

Wyeth, the manufacturer of Pristiq (now merged with Pfizer), was well aware of withdrawal issues. Here's a 2008 interview with Dr. Phil Ninan, the Vice President of Wyeth Medical Affairs, Neuroscience

Major research center referred you to yourself!! CLASSIC!!   BUMP!!!

Kevman2112

I have been having interdose withdrawal when taking 2x per day, 2.125mg in the morning and 2.125mg later in the day.  Hoping someone can provide advice on 3 doses per day.

My current schedule is:

7:30am- 2.215mg.  Withdrawal symptoms until around 12-1pm

If I take my next dose at 3pm I feel better for the evening but have worse symptoms the next morning.  If I take my next dose between 4-5pm, I feel horrible in the evening but the next morning isn’t so bad. 

I assume I am not getting good coverage with this 2x per day method.

my question is, if I go to 3x per day, what should the split be?  If I go by peak plasma levels I would take it every 7 hours, essentially 7:30am, 2:30pm, 9:30pm.  Does this sound reasonable to anyone?

thanks in advance.

Multiple drugs for my teen years.  ~10 years on Pristiq 100mg.  
January 2021: 50mg Pristiq to 43.75. Stopped Viibryd at 10mg.February 2021: 37.5mg March 2021: holding at 37.5mg.
April 2021: 25mg.  May 2021: 18.75 to 12.5.  
June 2021: 12.5 to (accidentally) 4.29mg.  Currently 2mg 3x per day (up dose)

July 2020: 5mg

August 2020: Crashed at day 35 of 5mg. Updose to 6mg

Planning on 10% reduction every 6 weeks

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy