KT38: Quit Zoloft after 3.5 weeks - dizziness/sea sick, agitated, etc...

KT38

Did you have it, Fresh?

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KT38

• luv2knit

• Laura1981

• joannatm

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I did KT , it's the most bizarre thing ever in my mind.  I surrendered to it , and tried to notice when it relaxed a bit.  When it

was very intense I told myself over and over it would pass , even though each moment seems like an eternity.

It will go away , but be prepared for that to take a while.   Before mine finished it came for shorter , less intense periods for a

while.   September 2014 was the last time I had a burst of sensation , and it hasn't been back since.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Does anyone have the internal sensations and vibrations, which get worse with ANY little spike in anxiety and then absolutely over the top with more anxiety? It's like I can feel all these chemicals streaming throughout my body even after 6 months off! Like there is a chemical storm happening in me.  I cannot function because of this, along with the feeling like I'm on death row impending doom feeling.  I just need to know these sensations do go away.  I just feel like a freak and no one else has all this stuff.  Do you know how I can change my title?  I am no longer 3.5 weeks off, etc... and would like to change it to something more accurate. 

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

*topic and responses moved from symptoms forum

Does anyone have the internal sensations and vibrations, which get worse with ANY little spike in anxiety and then absolutely over the top with more anxiety? It's like I can feel all these chemicals streaming throughout my body even after 6 months off! Like there is a chemical storm happening in me.   Has it gone away or lessened for anyone? I also have deep impeding doom like I am on death row.  I breathe it and feel it in my soul, nothing shakes it.  And the agitation/anger is horrible....prob caused by all of this.  It is all so paralyzing I can't go anywhere alone, help with homework, cook dinner, drive, etc....

Edited by Petunia
added note

i have the same symptoms like you and we both took similar drugs, except i took them for much longer 2 years. i recently had my first window which was great, lasted for about 3 days & i'm back to being sick again. i feel for you it's sad i just got my 2nd truancy today from my school district because of the anxiety and stress of doing school. I don't let it get to me though, I'm lucky i get homeschooled so i can just log in for my attendance without doing any work. oh well best of luck to the both of us. it's nice knowing people are going through this too. we can get through it together.

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

Yes I had some awful days like this..I feel for you. At the time I was thinking, there is no way this is withdrawal or there is no way I'll survive and especially.'I'm sure I must be the worst'

Hugs xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

It's so great that there are others out there that have/had this.  Well, it's not great but you know what I mean :)  Everyone talks about the anxiety and depression, but this is a BEAST!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are suffering with these awful symptoms KT, I know how bad it can get because I've been through exactly what you describe... and it does end. I was waking up with inner vibrations and feelings of dread and doom, but over time, they reduced. I no longer get the vibrations and the feelings of doom only come occasionally now and when it does, its much reduced in intensity.

See:

tremors, shaking, body vibration - Surviving Antidepressants

Neuro-Emotions: Deep despair, dread, doom, horror ...

What would you like to change your title to? Write it here in your thread and a mod will be able to change it for you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Silver star, your sypmtoms sound much like mine. Mine got so bad that after a trip to the ER last week for extreme anxiety and panic in the middle of the night, I decided to go back on .25mg of zoloft.

49 year old female

Currently on 68.75mg sertraline via compound pharmacy.

20 Years on SSRIs (Started 1997 with Paxil, later Prozac, and rest and bulk of remainder on Zoloft)

Dosage ranged from 100mg down to 50mg under doctor supervision. Took Xanax occasionally as needed, but was not often.

Failed attempt to quit Zoloft after 12 years on it. Took a 3 month taper. Lowest dose at 12.5mg (pill cut)

End of July 2015, stopped Zoloft after 3 month taper from .75 mg (unsupervised by doctor)

Not on any other medications

HopefulOne, you are still in the early stages.  Are you going to taper off the Zoloft again?  If so, do it very very slowly.  See, I had an adverse reaction to the meds, so my CNS was already shot and in a bad bad place and getting off just made it 100X worse.  I wish I could have gone back and tapered, but everyone said that would not have been smart because it would just worsen the reaction.  I wish you the best! Hey, if you stabilize at 25mg and are good, that's great!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

What you're describing KT is akathisia . . . if you do a google search for "survivingantidepressants akathisia" a number

of threads come up.  It often also involves a pre-occupation with death and dying.

It isn't just anxiety . . . it's anxiety on steroids.

Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey KT just came across your thread. I think most of us are in the same boat. It takes a while for all these symptoms to calm down. Ive had lots of symptoms drastically improve or actually leave. The akasthisia is a very rough symptom. Mine has improved but definitely hasnt left yet  I can relate with those feelings that your body feels so sick that you are dying or something. And the doom and fear feelings holy cow its straight out of a horror movie!  Just be patient and things will pass.  Time is our best friends right now.  Do what you can to pass the time. Just remember that everyone recovers in time. Hang in there it gets better just usually not as fast as we want but we will get there! 

Mort 

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Thank you so much Mort81! With any tiny nervous situation, I feel like Superman when he is overcome with an internal torture when he is near kryptonite.  Like when you see him fall to the ground and hold his head.  I get these things that feel like chemical storms I my brain and body and all these horrid sensations.  Those are what I'm terrified of and why I can't go anywhere alone, esp not with my kids alone.

Like Fresh said--"anxiety on steroids"! I woke this morning to absolute TERROR! So sorry you are having to go through this for the short amount of time you were on! So not fair!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

no problem I totally understand KT. Almost Every situation and any amount of stress is greatly exaggerated. The mind and body are going through huge change so we react and feel things in a hypersensitive way. Its absolutely nuts and weird but overtime it gets weaker and weaker and I cant wait to get there.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Luvtoknit I used to wake up to the morning terror for about 6 months at least. It finally completely went away about a month ago.

Mort81, the panic is not unusual. The absolute terror, I have experienced quite a bit, but fortunately not all the time. Sorry you're experiencing this (and the akathisia) as well.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Its okay were all in this together 

Iv had that terror and unbelievable fear with a severe nervousness last a very long time . Its mostly gone now just have head symptoms still have nervous stomach but not near as bad .

Long time anxiety sufferer

Took faverine 50mg 2009 for 7 months 

Worked great  came off no problems.

End of 2012  start suffering bad anxiety  some depersonalization due to work stress and anxious thinking .

Took 50mg faverine within couple days anxiety through the roof  fear spasms in stomach and dp . 

Doctor put me on 60mg cymbalta felt very unwell  came off after 3 weeks  nervous system went haywire fell into a horrible state . Not well for years .

Start taking 1mg xanax 2016 for 2 years weaned onto valium .

Faverine 100mg  January 2020 

Weaned down to 12.5 over a year . 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kt38. Thank you for writing on my thread. I'm so sorry you have all these awful symptoms. It will get better in time.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• 2 weeks later...

Had a 1 week window!!!!!!!!  Internal akathisia was non-existent! I gave myself a challenge to drive 10 miles to Toys R Us all alone....after mile 5 I started to get the panic/derealization set in....not something that goes well with cognitive issues and head pressure.  Sitting at stop lights was the worse.  I called my husband 5 min from getting to the store and he tried to calm me down but I was like "my brain is failing me, I'm not going to make it there or even drive back ok"........stop lights looked strange and terrifying to me like I didn't even know what they were......I parked in the lot, got out and told him I'm coming home.....so I jumped back in the car, go 1/4 mile and turn around and go back to Toys R Us....I said "THIS SH$T WILL NOT BEAT ME TODAY".....it was horrible standing in line waiting to return something (one person working returns, phone calls, and a check out line!) I almost left I couldn't take it....I felt unsafe and needed to get home but it was so far away.....so I did my return and drove back home....the drive back home I thought would have been ok because I did what I had to do, but it wasn't!  My head felt like it was going to pop off, anxiety, etc....  Made it home almost in tears.  BUT I DID IT.  Now I know I can only go 5 miles away max right now.  I had NO anxiety before I tried these stupid drugs (just a few panic attacks) so this is all so crazy to me.  I used to love to drive as it would help me reflect, etc...  but now it's torture! I realized my brain just can't process things right still.  It's very very frustrating.  But I did have a pretty marvelous week.  I went to 4 stores by myself with my 5 yr old (only a few miles down the road :-) and had a good time and even went out to eat with hardly any issues (just processing issues).  Do any of you have these processing issues?  Where all of a sudden your brain doesn't recognize something or you don't know what to do with information?  This is all the time for me.

Congratulations on your window--and on your shopping trips. I'm not there yet, but hopefully will get there. I think the "processing issues" are probably pretty normal. I have this from time to time as well. We had just left our house the other day, with my husband driving. I looked down for a minute, and when I looked back up, I was like "Where are we?!" We were right around the corner from our house, but I honestly had no idea!

Yeah, it's terrible!  If it wasn't for that I'd be driving all over the place.  I'm like a newborn baby learning the world and many things are just too impossible for me to do (like driving more than 5 miles).  It's like the brain doesn't know how to process it right.

Understand. This is one of the reasons why I don't drive any more than I absolutely have to. The other reasons are my vision issues (which SEEM to be directly tied to the akathisia), and fear of falling asleep due to the fatigue/insomnia issues! Sounds like you're having some pretty significant improvements, though! Congrats!!

KT,

Congratulations on your driving escapade! Well done. Reading the details of your story was so helpful to me. Driving is an issue and I avoid it as much as possible. I was also extremely nervous when another person was driving. I had no idea at the time that my fears were medication related.

The good news there is we CAN get past this hurtle. Slowly and carefully. But we're at least headed in the right direction...

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Thank you guys!  I am back in a bad wave, but stress definitely triggered it.  My 5 yr old's brain scan was yesterday to see if her cancer is back. So, the day before I started getting bad anxiety....and then yesterday some anxiety but mostly internal head issues -- it's like my brain is raw and can't process or handle any little stress.  She was done with her MRI at 9 or 10 and then we had to wait around until 2pm to get the results.  Between sitting all day (brainstem issues), being in a hospital (so much PTSD for me because of my daughter and when I was admitted when I was out of my mind on the meds), and overall basic sensory and processing issues it was horrible.  It's then when I feel I am really going insane. After the whole thing was over I had to lay down because of a huge tension headache (so afraid to touch any pills) and tightness in my head....I just simply could not take in anything else.  I wonder if I have low cerebral blood flow or something.  I really think my brain has been in such severe distress for a year that it forgot how to function.  My daughter's MRI was clean thank God!  We have to go every 2 months because it is such an aggressive cancer.  I am hoping that in Jan I will be better so I can handle the next MRI.

I'm so happy to hear your daughter's MRI was clean. That would certainly be a tough day for anyone, KT.  God bless.

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Good to hear that your daughters MRI was clean. I agree with leahy, that would be extremely stressful for any parent.

Many hugs to you! Take care.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

So sorry for your wave. Very glad for the results of your daughter's MRI, though.

XOXO

Hi KT,

I haven't read all your thread yet, but just wanted to say  Hi, and I'm happy for your daughters MRI. I'm not surprised that you're back in a wave , after the stress of that. Any kind of stress  can bring it on , unfortunately . I hope it eases up , soon .

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow I will be 8 months completely off the SSRIs (I am 5 months off my last Xanax taken randomly).  I have not had any improvement.  My head still feels like it's been punched over and over and I'm trying to recover from a dizzy concussion or something.  I wake every morning with extreme despair, hopelessness, unlove for anything and everyone.  It is the most sick and twisted thing ever to experience, especially when I had never know what depression felt like before these toxic meds.  My brain still does not take anything in right (it gets extremely angry or full of anxiety over completely nothing...I can feel my brain swelling when this happens and my CNS going bezerk like it's totally out of my hands....like there is an alien inside me controlling all of this). I still don't drive and can't be alone.    I just cannot believe trying these meds can do so much damage.  Oh, and I saw my psychiatrist and have doubts about her now.  She basically brushed it off and said to stay off online sites because reading other people's experience can make you worse. She said I should see an occupational therapist for sensory integration because everything affects me so much.  When I first started seeing her she admitted I had an adverse reaction and would see no improvement until at least 6-8 months, but now I didn't get any type of timeline from her and didn't even offer support that it will pass.  It feels like everything is coming at me 100 mph and my brain doesn't know how to slow it. 

I'm so sorry KT! This is indeed the most sick and twisted horror story anyone could ever imagine. 

For me it's also been 8 months since the failed attempt to stop the Venlafaxine adverse reaction & withdrawals with Sertraline. I'm so sorry that you haven't seen any improvements. 

I have to say I am much better than I was initially but still light years away from any sort of recovery. It's so sick that we had our lives screwed up so suddenly, unexpectedly and for no reason at all. 

Regarding your psych: I think doctors just don't get it. Even doctors who theoretically believe in withdrawal and adverse reactions can't appreciate the full severity of it. They don't realize that we are dealing with a brain and nervous system injury that takes a lot of time to heal. 

Keep fighting! You're one of the strongest people I know. 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Thank you guys for your support through all of this!  I FINALLY AFTER 3-4 WEEKS HAD A SMALL WINDOW YESTERDAY!!  I connected with my kids, felt very calm inside, but the electric fuzzy dizzy head was still prominent.  My family went to lunch and I actually enjoyed being there with the kids.  I laughed and played with them.  Last night I woke with internal vibrations and like my blood was boiling and moving fast through my body, ugh and today has been right back down to extreme anxiety/heightened senses, the world is out to get me, disorientation, etc.... again but at least I had  better day yesterday.  I am tempted to try tea....blueberry tea.  There is no caffeine in it, but I didn't do well with chamomile tea so I'm nervous.  I just wish I certain food or drink that I could hang onto all day to help keep me calm.  Having my morning coffee before these drugs started and made my day. Now I have nothing.

• Moderator Emeritus

KT,

That is awesome to hear!  Sometimes that starts a whole cascade of positives.  It should give you a sense of healing and knowledge that time will take care of this so long as you continue on the path.

Here's to more and bigger/longer windows.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Does anyone have helium head, dizziness, and an out of body feeling every second of their day?  I am 8 months off and I just don't understand what is going on.  I have it all the time and there is no trigger.  I feel like I have brain damage now.  My nervous system is so very sensitive (dog barking, looking at dirty dishes, getting clothes ready for my kids, etc.... all give me bad bad bad anxiety and get that I just cannot go on any further feeling).  The head stuff is so horrible and because of it I cannot drive or go anywhere by myself because I am so disoriented and confused.  It feels like some force in my head is trying to escape or push me over and my brain just can't take in too much.  I also get it in my body as well.  Has anyone had this for a long time and then it went away?

• Moderator Emeritus

KT,

I merged your topics since it's only one per customer on the intro thread and this relates to your individual situation.  If you want to place this in "Symptoms" you can do that but I think you will probably get more response here.

I can relate to what you are saying and describing.  It is not uncommon and you are NOT brain damaged.  It will take time but it will heal.  You posted yesterday that you had a really good window.  Was this going on at that time?  It's easy to lose sight of the positives when a wave hits or, more accurately, the window closes (even if it was a small window).

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,