blackrabbit: Help with tapering off Lexapro

blackrabbit

Thank you Petunia. Sorry I sometimes gt confused about making a new post or continuing the old one. I bumped up to 10.5mg and I am going to stay on it for at least a month.

Current meds: Escitalopram

Was put on 20mg Lexapro for 4 years; was at 18mg for ~1 week.

4/19/15: 15mg; WD symptoms include: loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea and indigestion after eating, diarrhea, and anxiety. Most of these happen at night.

6/5/15: 13mg; WD symptoms include: tiredness/lightheadedness, indigestion, numbness (emotionally)

7/6/15: 11mg --> 7/10/14: 11.7mg (wanted to taper by 10%)

8/10/15: 10mg; WD symptoms include: anxiety, nausea, GI upset, headaches

9/1/15: bumped back to 10.5mg (back to tapering by 10%); 10/5/15: back to 10mg

11/8: down to 9mg: feeling depressed so far ---> 11/16: bumped back to 10mg :(

1/23: back to 9mg; headaches, "motion sickness" feeling, anxiety

3/24: 8.5mg; 5/24: 8mg; nausea and dizziness bumped back to 8.5mg 3/26 :(

blog: https://offwithyourmeds.wordpress.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackrabbit

• Altostrata

• Petunia

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

I need someone's help. On October 1st I will be decreasing again. Right now I am on 10.5mg and will have been for a month on the 1st. I only have 10mg pills and liquid. Would it be good if I just went down to 10mg? I know thats less than 10% but I don't know what to do right now. I just want someone's opinion who is experienced in this. Ever since going back to 10.5mg I have had less nausea and anxiety (knock on wood!). 

Help, can someone take a look at my signature and give me your thoughts on how to go farther? And talking to doctors is out of the question (I have had 2 doctors tell me bad things--one said to go cold turkey and deal with the WD and the other told me to go down by 5mg in a few weeks). Thank you.

xx

4/19/15: 15mg; WD symptoms include: loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea and indigestion after eating, diarrhea, and anxiety. Most of these happen at night.

6/5/15: 13mg; WD symptoms include: tiredness/lightheadedness, indigestion, numbness (emotionally)

Dropping by 10% is not carved in stone, it is a good starting place.  There should be no problem going to dropping 5% and just taking a pill will be a little easier than combining.  You may want to hold at the 10.5mgs for a while longer just to let things really stabilize.  The lower doses, from 10mgs on down can be tricky to navigate, need to be done carefully and not rushed.  Possibly going be 5% from here on out would be a good idea.  For accuracy maybe changing to all liquid would be an idea too.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Administrator

I agree with brassmonkey.

Please read for suggestions about making the transition to liquid when you are dosing below 10mg Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Sunday I went from 10mg to 9mg (10% decrease). Today I'm pretty irritable. Could it be the decrease or do WD symptoms take a bit longer to kick in??

Hi blackrabbit-  That sounds about right for the timing.  They can show up any time after a drop, but most common seems to be in the two to four day range.  I did my last drop two weeks ago, had some minor stuff after a couple of days and then yesterday (2 weeks later) wham they really hit.  With irritability, watch out for triggers and change the channel as soon as you feel it start to take off.  A lot of times that can derail it so it will blow over in a much shorter time.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi blackrabbit-  That sounds about right for the timing.  They can show up any time after a drop, but most common seems to be in the two to four day range.  I did my last drop two weeks ago, had some minor stuff after a couple of days and then yesterday (2 weeks later) wham they really hit.  With irritability, watch out for triggers and change the channel as soon as you feel it start to take off.  A lot of times that can derail it so it will blow over in a much shorter time.

Thanks for the response. <3 wish me luck! :)

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

Ugh. It's just 1mg and I am feeling pretty depressed. (I was never depressed in the first place, as I think I mentioned in my intro, I was misdiagnosed with Lexapro). I just feel super down and my mind just feels heavy with sadness for no reason. And I'm on vacation and surrounded by animals which should make me happy but I'm just down in the dumps. :(

Also, I feel jittery/shaky. Thought it was from the coffee but that was a few hours ago. HATE THIS! Is that a withdrawl symptom as well?

Hi Blackrabbit, I have just finished reading through your thread. I too am withdrawing from Lexapro. I have been on it for almost eight years (2008) and started off with 30mg. I am currently down to 4.9mg.

From what I understand you have reduced your dosage from April this year from 18mg down to your current dose of 9mg. That is a big drop. It is no wonder that you are feeling increased depression and anxiety. I 'pooped out' on 10mg of Lexapro back in April and after consultation with a naturopath I foolishly dropped my dose down to 5mg in June. I have basically been struggling with protracted withdrawal since. My belief is that longer holds are very important for stabilisation. I understand the desire to wean off the drugs but at what cost? Your body is obviously struggling as you continue to taper at regular intervals. Would it not be a good idea to hold your current dose for a longer time in the hope of your central nervous system catching up? Please take my thoughts with a pinch of salt, I am no expert that is for sure! but in my own journey I have found that by holding the cuts for a longer time I have managed to withdraw without too many negative side effects. Once your body settles down you can reassess the situation. 

In regards to dealing with the increased anxiety and depression, it is not easy. I personally use Magnesium, fish oil and Vitamin C but they are no magic cure. I find distraction is the best thing for me. If I sit and dwell on my thoughts for any length of time then I usually feel worse. Keeping busy helps me take my mind off my thoughts! For me that could be cooking, gardening or even doing some art. 

I wish you all the best as you continue with your journey. 

Hi Blackrabbit, I have just finished reading through your thread. I too am withdrawing from Lexapro. I have been on it for almost eight years (2008) and started off with 30mg. I am currently down to 4.9mg.

From what I understand you have reduced your dosage from April this year from 18mg down to your current dose of 9mg. That is a big drop. It is no wonder that you are feeling increased depression and anxiety. I 'pooped out' on 10mg of Lexapro back in April and after consultation with a naturopath I foolishly dropped my dose down to 5mg in June. I have basically been struggling with protracted withdrawal since. My belief is that longer holds are very important for stabilisation. I understand the desire to wean off the drugs but at what cost? Your body is obviously struggling as you continue to taper at regular intervals. Would it not be a good idea to hold your current dose for a longer time in the hope of your central nervous system catching up? Please take my thoughts with a pinch of salt, I am no expert that is for sure! but in my own journey I have found that by holding the cuts for a longer time I have managed to withdraw without too many negative side effects. Once your body settles down you can reassess the situation. 

In regards to dealing with the increased anxiety and depression, it is not easy. I personally use Magnesium, fish oil and Vitamin C but they are no magic cure. I find distraction is the best thing for me. If I sit and dwell on my thoughts for any length of time then I usually feel worse. Keeping busy helps me take my mind off my thoughts! For me that could be cooking, gardening or even doing some art. 

I wish you all the best as you continue with your journey. 

Hey thank you. Today I moved back to 10mg because I just feel so lousy mentally and physically. I just don't know how long I should stay at 10mg again. UGH.

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Havent written in a while. After bumping back 10mg from 10.5mg in November, I finally went down to 9mg the other day.

I hope all goes well. It has been two days. Not sure when I will stabilize from the decrease. I have been extra anxious lately because my hypochondriac self will not shut up. If anyone wants to talk please, don't hesitate. It helps talking to someone who deals with similar issues and it would be nice to confide in someone who understands.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for updating Blackrabbit, I'm sorry you have been feeling more anxious, did this start before your cut?

Are you still taking Omeprazole? Its not a good idea to take these kinds of acid blocking drugs long term, they cause nutrient deficiencies which can lead to various symptoms.

I went on antidepressants for anxiety, so I understand what that's like, but in withdrawal its got 100 times worse, I would take my old anxiety back any day. I don't have health anxiety though, many members here do, it makes it particularly difficult to taper because every withdrawal symptom causes increased anxiety.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks for updating Blackrabbit, I'm sorry you have been feeling more anxious, did this start before your cut?

Are you still taking Omeprazole? Its not a good idea to take these kinds of acid blocking drugs long term, they cause nutrient deficiencies which can lead to various symptoms.

I went on antidepressants for anxiety, so I understand what that's like, but in withdrawal its got 100 times worse, I would take my old anxiety back any day. I don't have health anxiety though, many members here do, it makes it particularly difficult to taper because every withdrawal symptom causes increased anxiety.

So I am a week into my last reduction (10mg-9mg). Lately I have been having that feeling like I'm car sick (except it's not like nausea). It just feels like slight motion sickness. What would you call that? And is it normal? I hate it! UGH :( i'm getting sad because I don't like feeling this way. Help :( 

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you mean you are feeling dizzy, lightheaded with a slight headache? All of these are common symptoms of withdrawal and nervous system destabilization.

I'm looking at your signature and I see you have been going up and down in dose since October last year. Perhaps 10% cuts are too much for you now. Maybe consider 5% cuts rather than having to updose because of increased symptoms after a 10% drop.

Going up and down in dose is destabilizing and may be contributing to your new symptoms.

This is what I suggest trying. Hold where you are right now until your symptoms settle down, it may take more than a month, give it as long as it takes even if its several months. Then after you have been feeling well for at least 2 weeks straight, try a 5% cut and wait to see if symptoms arise. If no symptoms or very low symptoms occur after this, then I would stick with 5% cuts.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Do you mean you are feeling dizzy, lightheaded with a slight headache? All of these are common symptoms of withdrawal and nervous system destabilization.

I'm looking at your signature and I see you have been going up and down in dose since October last year. Perhaps 10% cuts are too much for you now. Maybe consider 5% cuts rather than having to updose because of increased symptoms after a 10% drop.

Going up and down in dose is destabilizing and may be contributing to your new symptoms.

This is what I suggest trying. Hold where you are right now until your symptoms settle down, it may take more than a month, give it as long as it takes even if its several months. Then after you have been feeling well for at least 2 weeks straight, try a 5% cut and wait to see if symptoms arise. If no symptoms or very low symptoms occur after this, then I would stick with 5% cuts.

I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion! 

I need help. Since yesterday I have felt nauseas around the same time (~5pm). Yesterday I ended up being ok after going to bathroom but today I still don't feel right. Is this possibly from the 1mg decrease? It's been 2 weeks since I went down and I only started feeling nauseas/indigestion feeling recently. I hate it. What should I do? I need advice, thoughts, etc.  I am hating life right now :( :(

• Administrator

What time of day do you take your drugs? How much of each are you taking now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

What time of day do you take your drugs? How much of each are you taking now?

I now take 9mg of lexapro at noon but lately ive been taking it later (like two hours). I also started on the liquid version all nine mg as opposed to 5mg tablet n 4ml/mg liquid

• Moderator Emeritus

When did you switch over to all liquid? Did the increase in symptoms start after this change? Is there a pattern to when you take your dose and when you start to feel unwell?

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

When did you switch over to all liquid? Did the increase in symptoms start after this change? Is there a pattern to when you take your dose and when you start to feel unwell?

Just for a few days 2 weeks ago. Now I am back to taking half a pill (5mg of my 10mg pill) and 4ml (equivilant of mg) of the liquid. 

• Administrator

Are you feeling better? Please take it at the same time each day.

Are you feeling better? Please take it at the same time each day.

A little bit. I still feel very anxious during the evening, especially after i eat. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi blackrabbit  ,  how have you been feeling the past few days?

Even though the switch from tablets to liquid has been rough , it's a great investment in your future taper.  You

can be so much more precise with liquid.  

Good on you for soldiering through , I hope your symptoms resolve soon.  

Maybe in a month or so , you might make the remainder of the switch , but without decreasing the dose.

The way the liquid is absorbed more quickly without the buffers and fillers that tablets have , is what accounts

for new symptoms when people change.

Just fyi , I have exactly the opposite reaction to food.  After I eat , I want to go to sleep , lol.   So weird !!

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi blackrabbit  ,  how have you been feeling the past few days?

Even though the switch from tablets to liquid has been rough , it's a great investment in your future taper.  You

can be so much more precise with liquid.  

Good on you for soldiering through , I hope your symptoms resolve soon.  

Maybe in a month or so , you might make the remainder of the switch , but without decreasing the dose.

The way the liquid is absorbed more quickly without the buffers and fillers that tablets have , is what accounts

for new symptoms when people change.

Just fyi , I have exactly the opposite reaction to food.  After I eat , I want to go to sleep , lol.   So weird !!

Best wishes ,  Fresh

Hi Fresh,

I got 2 tests done at GI doctor. One was a breath test to see if I had a certain bacteria in my stomach. It came back negative. The other was an ultrasound. Everything looked good. I guess I just have to account the Lexapro for the unpleasantness in my stomach. I HATE it. Some days are symptom free and the others are not. One of my worst fears about this is that when I'm completely off (whenever that may be...will be a while I feel) I will get bad withdrawals. :( Feeling hopeless today.

Hi Blackrabbit,

Been a while since we talked last time.byou have been in my thoughts even I have been very ill in the past month.

I'm glad all tests came back normal for you!

After years of worry about various health issues I thought I had from all kinds of symptoms, I now know I'm perfectly healthy except for everything is not working right all caused by the evil drug!

I see more and more successful healing stories here lately so let's keep the hope that we will eventually all heal even it takes very long time.

Hugs

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hi Blackrabbit,

Been a while since we talked last time.byou have been in my thoughts even I have been very ill in the past month.

I'm glad all tests came back normal for you!

After years of worry about various health issues I thought I had from all kinds of symptoms, I now know I'm perfectly healthy except for everything is not working right all caused by the evil drug!

I see more and more successful healing stories here lately so let's keep the hope that we will eventually all heal even it takes very long time.

Hugs

Lex

Hi there! good to see you. How have you been doing? Why have you been ill? :(

I continue to worry everyday. Whether its' from the anxiety of withdrawal or if it's I'm actually sick (big hypochondriac here). I think the anxiety is making things worse for my stomach. or a combination of the lexapro and anxiety. I hate life right now :( Hope to hear from you soon <3

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BlackRabbit,

These might be helpful (I've highligted one about Health Anxiety which is available on that website):

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Resources:  Centre for Clinical Interventions (PDF modules that you can work through, eg:  Depression, Distress Intolerance, Health Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Anxiety, Worrying)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi BlackRabbit,

These might be helpful (I've highligted one about Health Anxiety which is available on that website):

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Resources:  Centre for Clinical Interventions (PDF modules that you can work through, eg:  Depression, Distress Intolerance, Health Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Anxiety, Worrying)

Thank you Chessycat. I will take a look at that soon. In other news, today I dropped down to 8.5mg. Last drop was in mid Jan. Hope all goes well :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you on all liquid now blackrabbit?     Hope it's a smooth drop for you  :).

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Are you on all liquid now blackrabbit?     Hope it's a smooth drop for you   :).

No I am on 5mg pill, 3.5mg liquid. Thank you

I'm so sorry dear Blackrabbit that you are still struggling at this high dose!

It seems regardless what we do and what dose we are at, we can't avoid the suffering. So my feeling is we just have to stick to a solid plan (like 10% cut for a few weeks) and endure the bump while moving down. Recently I learned the importance of listening to my body. Somehow I feel my body knows if it need more or less which I follow. Although no peace either ways but I'm so determined to move toward zero whatever the years it takes.

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry dear Blackrabbit that you are still struggling at this high dose!

It seems regardless what we do and what dose we are at, we can't avoid the suffering. So my feeling is we just have to stick to a solid plan (like 10% cut for a few weeks) and endure the bump while moving down. Recently I learned the importance of listening to my body. Somehow I feel my body knows if it need more or less which I follow. Although no peace either ways but I'm so determined to move toward zero whatever the years it takes.

Hugs,

Lex

Bla so I've been having different stomach issues for a bit. I just can't tel if it's the IBS or the .5mg decrease. I hate this! I want to feel good 

• 1 month later...

Today I finally dropped to 8mg (from 8.5). I haven't decreased since March and I am a little nervous. I feel a bit dizzy right now, I don't know if that has to do with the decrease or what but hopefully all goes well. How long do the effects of a decrease usually take to affect one?

Hey Blackrabbit,

Nice hearin you!

Alto said it takes 4 days, and my experience confirms that for major WD effects but I can feel the starting of WD usually in just few hours.

I'm taking your decision on the new cut a indication of relative stabilized status.

Fingers crossed for a mild cycle of cut.

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017