• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soso

• Altostrata

• Maybe

• Phil

Top Posters In This Topic

Soso,

I know how you feel and I am really sorry for you and me. Keep strong please...... your family needs you.

I feel exactly the same like you. Yesterday I thought I was dying too. Better days will come.

I hope you are feeling better.

• Administrator

soso, try not to go to the hospital. They will give you more psychiatric drugs, maybe even electro-convulsive therapy (ECT). This will hurt you even more.

I know it's very difficult. I've been through it myself. Many of us have had severe symptoms and have not been able to work or care for our families as we would wish.

Please, let your brain heal. Give it time. Be patient and accept it that you will be weak for a while.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My eyes are really weird, I can't concentrate on many things at once, when I go outside shopping I feel weird, many lights many people makes me sick and confused, I am sensitive to any movement around me, sometimes I can't even read, my eyes muscles gets tired very quickly and gives me headache and my forehead becomes heavy, when I close my eyes I see waves and even when they are open, am I going crazy?

I didn't go to the hospital, still alive but so depressed

Soso,

it sounds a little bit as if you focus on every single symptom that emerges. As normal as it is, it also will increase your symptoms intensity. In wd the whole nervous system is a mess, so whenever you have anxiety, conscious or unconscious, your symptoms will flair up and others might pop up. The calmer you are the better. I know this is much more difficult than everything else right now, but you should try to calm yourself. At the beginning of wd my panic and anxiety produced many weird symptoms on its own.

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

• Administrator

soso, it also sounds like you are light-sensitive. Have you tried dark glasses yet?

Light will continue to disturb you until you do something to reduce it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I am back to 2.5 mg lexapro and so far so good, no adverse reaction, sorry guys, I really feel bad but I've been through many stresses, shocks and my family is falling apart, the doctor recommended fevarin.

I really feel so bad going back, but it will not be for a long time I swear. Wish me luck

• Administrator

Soso, if 2.5mg Lexapro quiets your withdrawal symptoms, you may not need any more than that.

You might stay at that level for a while, say, 3 months, then get Lexapro liquid and taper very, very carefully, perhaps .1mg a month.

Now you know withdrawal from a psychiatric drug is very difficult for some people -- be very careful about taking more drugs.

• 1 month later...

They put me back on lexapro, then fevaren and I got worse, then they switch me to Cymbalta I got even worse , I stop again , I am going crazy , what should I do please ???????? I am in a very bad shape ???? I stop about a month ago ?????

Feeling empty , very sensitive to light, can't control my thoughts, shallow , don't have sense of time , my vision is so bad specially in the morning, blurry vision, hallucination, disorientation , can not connect my thoughts, memory problems, when I sleep my whole body start shaking and so more

I dont know what to advise as these are typical withdrawal symptoms, hopefully the others can help you better.

Why did you stop taking the 2.5mg Lexapro? Did your doctor tell you to?

Off Lexapro since 3rd November 2011.

• Administrator

Did 2.5mg Lexapro help you, Soso?

For light sensitivity, reduce light and wear dark glasses.

The doctor that promis to help me cheated on me and tried to make me go crazy by stimulating parts of my brain after having a fight with him !!! He is very smart he did help me at the beginning but after the fight he changed the treatment and he confess that he was trying to made me bipolar, also he did something else to me befor I stopped seeing him , he stimulated some areas in my brain and made my symptom worse, also he did something to my nerves, ,now after I went back on meds, and stopped again,I talked to him to help me , he said ok , but deep inside he is planing on something else , when my husband talk to him , he described my feelings and symptoms exactly just like he is me coz he know exactly what he did to me with his bioresonanse machine, he is very smart and I advise any one who is having withdrawal to visit him but don't fight with him,( I know this sounds crazy but it's true )

• Administrator

Did 2.5mg Lexapro help you, Soso?

Alto this doctor did something to my brain, actually it was not a fight, he saw me sneaking into his office to see the manual of the machine and to see my treatment program, coz he wasn't telling me exactly what he was doing, he didn't mention anything to me about this , he acted like everything is ok and started the revenge treatment plan, check on my posts on august 8 this day was the beginning of the revenge, I went to the owner of the clinic to ask him about my case and this action made the doctor hate me more, so his revenge become worse after that visit ,check on my posts after august 8,

• Administrator

Did 2.5mg Lexapro help you at all?

Soso, we've discussed becoming hypersensitive to medications after severe withdrawal. Many people here have this. You are probably hypersensitive. It is possible any psychiatric medications you take from this point on will only make you worse.

Don't see that doctor again. You may be hurt and angry with him for a while but you have more important things to be concerned about.

As we've discussed before, there are no quick, easy cures for withdrawal syndrome. There are no miracle cures or magical machines. Doctors do not recognize this problem. If you continue to search for one, you have to be very careful as they tend to say they can help but really don't know what to do and end up hurting you.

If you read the other topics in the Introductions section, you will see there are many people who have symptoms similar to yours. We try to lessen the intensity of symptoms by using very gentle common-sense treatments, for example, dark glasses and low light for light sensitivity.

Alto this doctor know exactly what is withdrawal syndrome, I am so scared alto, now my memory is zero, I can't think of anything. There must be a cure somewhere? I swear that this doctor know a lot about withdrawal and how to treat it,

Soso, withdrawal can't be treated. It is strictly impossible. It is not a dysfunctioning, that has to be corrected, it is a repairment process which is unavoidable. I am so sorry that relief can't be achieved right now. It is unfair, you just deserve so much to feel well! But as hard and unfair as it is, the end is not without a lot of postive things: being yourself again, being stronger, being wiser, and so on...

I am very contrite to tell you this, but this path can't be avoided. I pray that it will be short and the less trying possible.

First AD -sertraline- in 2007at the age of 13 because of child abuse

2009-2013: intricate story of multiple wds, meds and cts, gradually became a living mess

Feb 2013: last CT from a cocktail of four drugs, symptoms are relenting but witness a constant sharpening of the brain

• Administrator

Soso, if I knew of a cure I would send every single person on this site to get it.

There is no cure or easy treatment. There are lots of crooks out there who will promise you they can help you but what they want is your money and they will cheat you.

My feeling is you want a pill or a clinic you can go to, get fixed, and not do any work to help yourself recover. You've had some very bad experiences with miracle cures. It's up to you to decide if you want to continue doing this.

With this condition, you have to use your common sense. For example, you say you are light-sensitive. Have you done anything to reduce the amount of light you're exposed to?

Please go back to the beginning of your topic and read all of it. I don't believe there is anything new I can tell you.

• 2 months later...

I am going beyond withdrawal , now I cant feel the regular withdrawal symptoms, my body is cold extreme fatigue , very dry body , flushes, but still overstimulated although I can't feel it, adrenal exustion and no more cortisol , what should I do ? I feel my brain is dimming my whole body is dimming, my tears are sricky and my mouth too, can stimulate the hypothalamus help regulates my body, ? I am burned out

• Administrator

Soso, are you still sensitive to light?

Have you tried taking omega-3 (fish oil) capsules? See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

I can't feel anything right now , very exhausted , my light sensetivity was so severe and my nervouse system and brain was on fire then my whole body became quite, it's like someone turned of my electricity, now I feel that I am a body without soul,I can't feel what is going on inside my body,all the shakiness and the anxiety went away, strange symptoms everyday and it's getting worse, I found a doctor who use some machine to check the brain and the nervouse system with frequency, he found that the hypothalamus is out of balance , vision perception , pituitary gland and adrenal gland, and some electrolyte imbalance , he is trying to bring the nervouse system cells back to normal so the body can heal it self, it's my second session with him , it takes long time to get a result, I am taking taxifolin antioxidant , licrocine to support my adrenal and vitamin B complex , I had some hormone tests and CBC and I'll get the result tomorrow.

• Administrator

Soso, when you've posted before about these unusual treatments, they've turned out to be a bad idea.

This also sounds like what we in the United States call "snake oil" -- phony treatment.

If the diagnosis is wrong, you may be injuring yourself with the adrenal treatment.

I've suggested many times that you reduce light stimulation with dark glasses and blackout curtains. Have you done that?

• Administrator

How about when you go outside? It's pretty bright out there, isn't it?

And how about blackout curtains in your bedroom, to keep the sun out in the morning?