☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Love back at you AliG.

Busy day today.  Therapy appts. and a couple of grocery stores.  Who knows what else.  I do have time for a list and a bath though and it's another beautiful morning.  I shall poke my head out front and see if my resident deer is okay.

Is your time zone ahead of ours in the US or behind?  I am hoping you are into Saturday by now..........with the right music in your heart and soul and mind and a wonderful relax on.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Pffffft.  Foiled by lawn mower sounds.  This is pretty great though............as I practiced my guitar it was still noise early and a bird accompanied me.............a rather hoarse and coarse old bird no less.

3 day weekend here in the States.  Labor day.  So........I just can't totally not accomplish something or other.

Mostly bluesky window persists.  :)

Pomegranate flavored kefir is quite yummy.  Definitely going out for a drive and free concert.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

HI MMT,  You are about 14 hours behind us.  It's 6.40 am Sunday 6th, here now. 

I hope you're having a nice weekend. Enjoy your concert. :)   

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Cold mornings.  I almost captured some quail on camera........I love their antennas.

Camping week for me........well just a couple nights but I sure hope there are no snow flurries.........none forecast ed.  Busy catch up work today I think........with lot's of outside time.

And still have to make the priority list for Dr.'s appt. tomorrow.  Hoping I don't have to find reason to see another Dr. until 2016 after this.

The concert was primo!  The kid is still getting sauced at random times.........like when he gets any money.........I will not be paying him to do some basic chores.  I tried an AA mtg last night.  It had no music but it was almost better than church.........undecided yet.  And I probably don't have to make it an either/or type thing.  I am wondering if there were so many there because it is a holiday weekend.  It was packed but just right.  I am not sure the kid could deal with a crowd right now though.  There are quite a few mtgs. around in any case.

Kind of nice that the week doesn't actually start until tomorrow..............

Thanks for the kind words.   These kids are a worry !!

We're just starting " Spring".  My favourite time of the year.  It's warm , but not too hot. Sun shining, & lots of  jasmine blooming. Cool breeze and lots of  birds splashing around in the "birdbath".   I'm going to be planting "spring" flowers & herbs & reading wonderful books on the verandah, while soaking up some filtered sunlight. I might even put some music on & have a party !!  LOL. :)

Love,  Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Well......that.......Dr.'s appt. went okay.

Nice AliG.  I really like spring a lot.  I really also like fall a lot.  Jasmine sounds perfect. 

A bit feeling like it's too much, but no, of course, it isn't.  Road construction everywhere but this gal was on time.  Organized........somewhat.  Supposed to go back in a month or so........and well.........maybe.  Got "accused" of not wanting to take supplements.  And asked....."How are we going to keep you out of the hospital".    Oh, man............bring it on.........a joke.........just a joke.  Please Lord, do not bring any more on, any time soon.  Thank you.  signed: your perfect miracle MMT.  It wasn't so bad really........it just stung for the rest of the afternoon.  Could be he is just doing his job.........working with insurance oversee-ers and such.  I didn' t go on for too long and only pressed on just a few of my beliefs.........nor did I weep..........but my fake it meter was on basket case and pinned to my chest....... and thank you Dr.......... seriously, he does know me for many, many years and therein lies the trust factor for me.  Personal trust.  I know, without a doubt, he cares.........he is sorry for my suffering.........and it just isn't that horribly bad.

Then the "note" from my dear Mum.........article enclosed.........from the AARP magazine!!!  I won't go into the details of it and she did say that mostly she sent it because it was sooooooo well written and all.  Okay......some details........a story about a lovely woman who swears by her antidepressant miracle complete with quotes from leading authorities.

I think I have the self protective moves in place now, firmly ensconced in my memory...............for protection from BOTH black bears and brown bears.........this from the most interesting conversation I had in the Dr.'s waiting room.  And the bears are out in my vacation camping area I am told.  First off........no open containers of food at all........anywhere.......I will eat with a straw only??  The black bear.........now one must stand up real tall and just face the bugger.  The brown bear.........one should just lie down and curl up in a ball.  And if it happens to be a mixed race bear.......such as we all are.........well............I guess it is some kind of new dance wave hitting.   And come on now.......no bear is going to pick me up, inside my tent, and carry me off to the bear den and fry me up.  Plus......they just finished off all their goodies from the labor day crowd.  I will not pick berries or nuts or hang out with deer.   So............I am going on vacation.  I expect to have a whole comedy shtick done on arrival home...........set to bad guitar playing.  Maybe I will just sleep in the back of my second vehicle.   In the driveway.   But no way.........I will decorate my picnic table with a table cloth........put a welcome mat outside my tent...........and probably sleep like a baby from sundown until well after sun up...... when it is warm.  I might take the kayak too and........well and..........that's about it.  I am just going to go for it........even if it is only one night.  I must.

Are we there yet??

Tried some new fake coffee today.........pretty yum..........and I haven't totally drawn my conclusion yet on if it is a keeper.  Theobromine.  Cocoa beans, coconut and cinnamon.

The time seems to be going quicker again and isn't it amazing how very little one can sometimes get done in a day.  Time to kiss the cat, hug the kid, and hunker on down again.  No psycho thrillers tonight either.  This last one had Sandra Bullock in it........I didn't know it would make me feel weird........and it didn't........not for long.

• Moderator Emeritus

The squirrels liked my not coffee coffee.  And going without completely does result in mild headaches.  Just mild though......I think perhaps I may just do one cuppa real stuff per day for now.

Camping was great!  Home.  I may go again next week if the weather holds.  It does get cold in the wee hours though.  And in the am.   I wrote and got some sun exposure.......walked about a bit.  Took pictures.  Played with all my forgotten camping gear.

I need to pick up my new Trileptal script soon.....manana......... and start a final taper.........slowly..........surely........ :)

I had the best nap this afternoon.  Son is good.  I am good.  I am just about ready for bed now too.......at least it is darkish.  The fresh air was certainly helpful.........

Oh......and just a little bit of the Coconut oil seems helpful.......I use it in cooking now too.  I rub a bit on my gums once or twice a day.  Organic, virgin, cold pressed.

I am having to hold back the best that I can on .............overdoing.............. :mellow::ph34r::wub::blush::)

Hi MMT.

Are you a "Photographer"?

You make me laugh. :D     " The squirrels loved my not coffee coffee".

I'm glad you enjoyed your camping .

Love, Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

Working on it anyway........taking better photographs........getting them to look more like how I was seeing something at the time.  I need to use more editing tools to get better color and atmosphere.

The squirrels got so revved up though on the cocoa, cinnamon, coconut that they then climbed trees and pelted me with pine cones.  It was funny.  This cocoa stuff I have smells better than it tastes.  I have to doctor it up with soy milk and clover honey but then it is yummy.

I have a whole box of donuts today from a bakery.  I guess I will take them all to the AA mtg. tonight and give them away.  I ate one.  I could eat the whole box.  I may eat one more and then put them in the trunk of my car.

Oh......I did not purchase the donuts.  I really didn't.  They are day olds and were gifted to me I guess. 

I have spent a bundle on foodstuffs this month..........sooo, am going to have to be cooking a lot I think.  I explained to my associate that it is okay to do someone else s dishes once in a while.  I think he took the bait.  He is also experimenting with food and cooking a bit.  So far chicken..........the benefits of baking vs. frying and how to make it very tastier.  It takes me a couple days to clear the frying smell and I will be sad when it is windows and doors shut time of year again.  So far, so good for this late summer weather.  But cooler temperatures next week I think.

And.......drumroll please........it is another long weekend here in the States.  The horror of 9/11 has been changed to patriots day I think.......and that was on friday.  I am also a very proud grand auntie of another wee one.........born on 9/11.  An interesting Finnish+ Irish+ probably more genes from unknown forebears.

.........and ugh........I think that last donut has hit my fragile trellis...........gonna do some yard work which may involve just laying in the weeds, which by the way aren't weeds at all but have past their bloom for the most part.  :)  For this season anyway.

• Moderator Emeritus

Testing post on droid. I will next view CW's instructional video and be a pro. Smiley face....can't find yet....and it should be naptime face.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay!  I can do that.

Doing well here in paradise.  In the process of making a few decisions.  Most of them short term stuff........here and now ness.

Best thing of the last couple of days.........finding a spiritual tribe and relaxing a bit.........I mean that internal relax that is so important for further healing and continued moving right along ness.

Glad that Monday has past.  Pouring rain can be nice as well.

• Moderator Emeritus

I had a brief walk/run between downpours of rain and managed a couple pictures with editing. Generally wiped out today. Black beans and feta cheese for supper. I think tortillas are okay for me for now. I will do my best to get through most of a conference in town manana. Then reward myself with a disney movie in the cheap cinema. It is fantasy fiction and sounds good. Once again George Clooney.

• Moderator Emeritus

The conference went well and was really good.  I do not like splenda at all.  Yuch.  Made me a little ill.  I meant to bring my honey and there was plenty of tea but geeze.........I carry enough baggage as it is to remember every little food stuff thing.  I did bypass this table of decadent sweets........it wasn't that hard to do although I had to tell my self out loud to bypass that one.

My D3 is powder inside of capsules but I took a little today.  Just wanted to do some testing.  So far so good........about half of a capsule of 5000iu's.  I could liquefy it myself pretty easy with all my tools now.  I kept trying to draw it up with an 18g. needle and finally figured it out.......NOT liquid.

Taking one a day of my omega 3's and seems to be okay so far.  I'll have to share the brand name later.  But now I remember that if I take too much I start to bruise too easily so will stay on the low end.

Next up.  My new bottle of trileptal.  I am gonna do my best to half those babies on a cutting board with a knife or try the pill cutter.  And then uniformly get 5 days worth down to about 100mg.  So won't really be weaning until after that........I figure I should see how it goes........new script.......150mg.   So will try for one half and then one quarter of the other half.  Half or halve......I don't know.

Had some stormy weather and I thought it was really cool........tons of rain.  My car didn't float away or anything bad but flash flooding down south. 

I read a lot of awesome posts today so thank you guys.  And have done 2 listens and even talked today........ of this great energy therapy with this wonderful gal.  I'm not sure if I should promote her here or not.........I better ask first.

No movie in the cinema yet but I have a couple of dorky DVD's to watch.  And still have to get outside for a smidgen today........it was dark real early yesterday but because of all the clouds.  Ohh oooh.......a little snow in the mountains too!!  Just the same though I will be happy for sunny days tomorrow and through the weekend I think.  I could go out to Yoga tonight but I am feeling kind of too tired to go to an evening class and get home after dark.  Next week that will take priority I think.

Kind of productively wiped out today again but like I said........a little productive.......will finally get funky doodle car in next Monday and teeth cleaned on Weds.  It's gonna be a swell week next week no doubt.  Car is fine but does need the total oil change and the leak sealed up and maybe the trunk latch will get fixed too.  No recent head bonks.......lol........but it is easy to forget that it is broken and once it even stayed up on its own. 

Either insomnia last night or some weird but translatable dreams.

Sooooo.........it seems like the force is still with me for the most part..........I don't get day long symptoms of any of my withdrawal stuff anyway........just short bursts.

The cat and associate seem to be doing pretty well too.

• Moderator Emeritus
...And have done 2 listens and even talked today........ of this great energy therapy with this wonderful gal.  I'm not sure if I should promote her here or not.........I better ask first.

You're sounding really good mmt :) ... feel free to mention anything that you have found helpful, others might be interested.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi MMT,

Thanks for  the thoughts on my thread.  Much appreciated !

I'm happy that you're going along well.  What  was the conference on / about ?   Just curious.   Would also like to hear about your "energy therapy".  Love, Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

The conference was about integration of services for the Latino community........many, of course, without insurance.........and coming from places of trauma.  Some fine, fine speakers and ideas though........applicable in any service organization.  A little bit on grants available.........not so much on grant writing but..........I take it that you learn as you go.  Grants provide the funding for some great stuff.  Then you have to do all the data collection and submit.......to show how effective what you are doing is.........it has to meet some guidelines that are set forth at the beginning.

The "energy conjurer" is Jo Anna Rothman.  You can check her FB page and it will direct you to her more active FB group.  She does various phone and online stuff.  A good fit for me.  Much appreciation Jo Anna!

Are you finding that this is helping you?  It was more about how you were doing with it & just curious as to what it was exactly.   It sounded interesting.    I think you're doing well, MMT.

Love,  Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

I think it is helping.  The first week while she talked with someone else........it felt like it was exactly "my stuff" that they were talking about.  Maybe it is kind of like psychotherapy and letting go of some old and moldy patterns of behavior.  I mean really letting go of stuff............finally.

I think she kind of catches all of our energy..........the people who have called in.........somehow.........and then goes from there.  There is always a topic too.  One was "pick your battles".  This week was "anchoring into our wholeness".

It's hard to know for sure exactly what is helping me the most right now.  But Yes, this has really helped, without a doubt.

As far as the conferences......and what the heck I am actually going to do for paid work in the sometime near future.........I am just exploring I guess.  I would be happiest with a PT job at the ski resort and free ski ing.  And I have tried and interviewed past years.........maybe this will be my year.  They usually want your whole life for the season though........and I only want to give them a little bit of time for pay.  Oh, plus I am kind of old for their purposes.  There are some 40 and overs employed there.......not many though.  And I don't want to be a supervisor or anything like that either.

That sounds fantastic !! I wish I had something similar. There's nothing here like that !!

Part time job at a "ski resort" sounds kind of "great" as well. 

You're doing well.

Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've had some lousy interviews though........in the past.  I can put all this great stuff on paper..........then I get really un confident before the interview.

They have a really cool art studio shop.  Also a spa.  I got called in to interview for the art shop/studio and then when I got there they said, "so you are an artist?" and I answered, "no, not really"...........ugh.  I mean I can lol now but I was like......"think before you answer MMT".  Their faces just dropped, it was pretty bad. 

I used to interview really well, for the medical stuff.........and they would hand me great jobs on platters..........  It is very hard when one has been out of the workforce for awhile........very hard. 

And I am the world's worst waitress too......lol.  I could probably do hostess type thing, seating and some set ups.........we'll see.

MMT,

It is hard when you've been not only "out of the workforce", but also , fighting for your life !!

Don't beat yourself up.  I'm also an "artist" that can't paint anymore.   I keep wanting to get back into it , but can't.   Procrastination, is  the enemy !   Also fatigue & zero motivation.  At least for me.  Maybe , for you , as well. 

Anyway, we're getting there.    Love,  Ali. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I just keep trying to go with.......we are there.........here.........now.

The 2nd DVD movie was good......or is still good.......I keep falling asleep or have to go somewhere before it is done.  A little historical and about a writer and a bookseller.  And British.  I had to get over Anthony Hopkins NOT being a serial killer for about 1/2 hour.........this was made well before that.  And the title of it is...........................Charing Cross Road.

Also.....Mary Oliver poetry is lovely.

• Moderator Emeritus

All I can think of right now is "Blivet"............like a frog.  I would love nothing more than to take the Sunday paper and go back to bed for a bit.  I think I am getting plenty of sleep though..........what with the great naps I take and all...........it must just be a Monday morning thing.

Got to run my car in............ :blink:

• Moderator Emeritus

I kind of blew it with my editing time........so if a mod comes by and wants to delete my post above that would be great........as this was the addition to that and somewhat edited before I ran out of time on the other one. 

I think I will just give it an.........oh man oh man.........and head on over to the pirate swearing wall.............

Well that helped a little bit.  The car costs didn't kill me and I had an ever so nice conversation with an ever so nice lady in the waiting room and that 2 and 1/2 hours went quickly.  It's this AA stuff that is really and truly getting to me at this moment.  Must I?  Do I have to?  And I suppose I do.  If someone or something could just take me out of MY head.........such as it is at the moment I would be much obliged.

In any case I am going to a movie tonight.  This one......Grandma.......Lily Tomlin and I think It had good ratings.  And I can or cannot decide what else to do that is "on my list" or make a new list or something........anyhoo........time for some lunch...........and will just stay connected for a bit here.  And okay........sheesh..........here come the tears, thankful for the tears.........

.......I am questioning some of my more short term decisions lately.  Choosing the movie over the other group that so grabbed me last week.......spiritual, but not so apart from the good book.  It was really the people there too, the other attendees....... I can only hope that they didn't reschedule something else and will stay more committed......than me.    And isn't it important for me to get out with my friend for a bit?  I mean when the time frame seems to work for the both of us.  He always used to give me comforting advice and stuff until his own life got so messed up.  So here is to just a comforting earful for an evening for me........I mean just listening.........

And I say to meself...........AA now???!!!!!  For the outside of US readers that stands for alcoholic anonymous.......but is also a group/practice that works for other substance use........  Will think on some more and maybe go to "vacation mind" of a sort, feeling a little better with my lunch now and I really don't have that many high pressure things to do today.   As it was week 3 for me........I just felt the need to get a sponsor and did........and ugh...........enough said............well maybe not..........I mean turn my life over to AA is what it feels like at the moment is all.  And I mean I do know that coming off my psych meds. is different.  I was there, went there for the other.   Not alcohol.

It would help if my associate returned any time soon.  He got out backpacking but then decided to visit his friend........all fine........but with drug and alcohol(I presume) screens every 2 days.........oh, I just hope he didn't blow it already...........   I will just try to believe that his friend is off work today and they are doing healthy things.  Egads my Momness codependency is really showing right now, eh??  Phew.......finally a laugh out loud......out loud chuckle.  It is hard when one is such a inconsistent but ever present therapist of oneself.  Go away my therapist self!!!  Or better yet.......welcome home.....hey, here is a hug.

Did I read it here or somewhere else...........this...........I am as afraid of success right now as I am of failure.  Mortifyingly so.  And right now......and here........and plunk..........right in the middle of this super duper beautiful late fall day here in paradise.

This probably could use another edit and maybe I will get back soon to do that.  Time is flying as usual and is the way of Mondays and I do feel better......a bit.  Thank you.

I'm going to try some water therapy too.  It's the anxiety.  Monday and anxiety.  Associate is home.  I still have a couple hours to get something else done yet...........something that needs to get done today.  Phewwwwwwwwwwwwww.  Thank you SA.

• Administrator

You're welcome, manymore.

Making choices between two things you might enjoy -- could be worse!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

It certainly could.  Halfway through the movie I noticed my wave had passed.  What a relief. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Movie review: Grandma.  Not a comedy.  Lily Tomlin was really good as were all the other supporting actors.  It brought up a ton of issues and differing thoughts/opinions on.  Some family resolution occurred(within the movie characters).

I will give it a well done, in a good way. :)

And I realize I am going through the past in technicolor Kodachrome.........not in such a horribly hard and suffering way........it's kind of interesting, really.

Happy Tuesday.  Oh.....almost Weds. for the Aussies.   I have a lot of prep work to do today.

• Moderator Emeritus

So okay........I think that maybe that movie was a date.  :wacko: :blink:   I guess I could ask him if he thought it was........lol.  So there.......I went on a date.

I sub to teach a class on schizophrenia tomorrow.......and I do so enjoy going out and getting taught and pretending like I am the teacher.  I get paid a bit.  And a bit more for going to a meeting on Mon.  So.......in theory........I am working........and in reality........I am working harder than I think I have ever worked before.  I only wish it was raining.  I like to work when it rains and play when it's sunny and generally sleep as much as possible and eat........

Associate went out running!!  I say go associate!!!  Yay!!!

I will now compose myself again and make a yummy dinner...........

• Moderator Emeritus

Working , dating , planning . . . you go girl  :D .

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Really quite bummed.  I had 2 small cavities on the inside surface of molars............I had dentist appointment yesterday.  I haven't had a cavity in years and years.  I am too old for cavities, say I.  So back I go bright and early tomorrow.......I spose I will have to get 2 of those little shots for numbing too.......ugh.  However, I am grateful......I get/have dental care.........the hygienist told me he(dentist) wasn't going to charge me for the exam either........she picked up on the cavities, then had him come confirm.  I mean I didn't even ask.......he offered.  And I honestly don't think he feels too sorry for me(us)........ but is just being a good person and he used to be our neighbor.  And I do have us covered with Dental insurance but it leaves quite a bit to pay out of pocket for bigger stuff.  Anyway.......made me cry.........but not until after........and then I had to keep going and did and didn't fold.

It is going to be hard to leave here.......one day........not too far and distant...........

I believe in decent dental care for all and education(of peoples choosing).

I don't know Fresh..........I am as frightened by success(of any kind) as I am of failure at this point.  And well......it's morning........it gets better as I relax into the day.  And so.......yes, I will keep go ing..........for sure, without a doubt.

Bill time almost........finances always really shake me up.  And will be starting October a bit bleak.   Thank you Mum for the help...........as I am not overly confident that I can just walk out the door and even get a part time job.....................yet.

Ahhhhhh........Thursday.  I think it will be a nice relaxing day here in paradise.

Hi MMT,

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your post on my thread. I did answer your question about acupuncture there (to the best of my current abilities anyway).

I can relate to your fears about success...I think I have them too. I'm working on shifting that, but life-long patterns can be a challenge. Are those fears new or old ones for you? It does sound like your moving along with things though.

I'm currently working on a heap of things to help get me through the darker days and long evenings. It's hard to shift from feeling energetic and happy, to something a little more subdued. You mentioned on my thread that you are hoping to avoid a long wave...what are you planning for the change of seasons?

Hope it's a good day in paradise.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Sounds like a " Phil Collins" song !  " Another day in Paradise ". !

I hope you're going well.  It sounds like it.  :)     I understand , about your   fear  of " success" !   I have it as well !  Can't explain it,  it's just there.   Obviously, springs from " somewhere".  Not sure where !!

You're finding your strength.  You will make it.      Love,  Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

LETTING GO

I think of the trees and how simply they let go, let fall the riches of a season, how without grief (it seems) they can let go and go deep into their roots for renewal and sleep… Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go.

-- May Sarton

What a beautiful quote that Free shared.  It needs to live in my journal pages here I think.

Sounds like a " Phil Collins" song !  " Another day in Paradise ". !

I hope you're going well.  It sounds like it.  :)     I understand , about your   fear  of " success" !   I have it as well !  Can't explain it,  it's just there.   Obviously, springs from " somewhere".  Not sure where !!

You're finding your strength.  You will make it.      Love,  Ali.

Yes, yes I am.  Finding my strength in my roots.  Phil Collins????!!!!!!!  Okay........I am going to have to find something new to say repetitively.........after I go search for that song or if there is a song with that title.  I am thinking Jimmy Buffet.

Just tired today is all.  I shall persevere........however.

Too funny.......Phil Collins resides in my head.  You were correct AliG!!!!!  Lol........when did Phil move in to my head???  Welcome Phil I say!

• Moderator Emeritus

To answer Free's question......my job or working fears/success are not lifelong.....least I do not think.....they are now maybe 15 years old....maybe less.....possibly coincide with my dependence on disability income. Not sure....maybe with my job lay off way back in 1999. Time to let go of them I say. And may be mixed up with some insecurity as well. The dissolution of my marriage.....suicide by a dear one.........and hey, I guess I should get clear on what to let go of. I don't need success nor security for a valid neuro system. Or even a semi somewhat functional neuro system. Pfffft.......do I?

I think I should confirm with myself a day trip on Sat. to a Harvest festival. Arts, crafts, music, and of course produce. The associate/son may come along........but in any case.....and it may or may not help....but I think it will.  And oops.......today is fall equinox.  Let's celebrate!

Happy Equinox MMT.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

It was yesterday officially but I think it lingers on until winter equinox.  Saturday night is a lunar eclipse event.

I think I took too much D3 today.......one third of 5000ius.  Either that or my dental distress is getting to me.  No tooth ache but I have to get 2 little fillings in the a.m...................nice dentist I have though and he does stuff really quickly.

And.......oh my, here we go.........approximately 90mg. of the oxycarb./trileptal tonight.  A nice 10% reduction only.  :)

I can do one of the Omega 3's now.........twice a day.   It's Barlean's fresh catch, ultrapurified, pharmaceutical grade.......EPA + DHA = 600mg. ...... other Omega 3 is 150 mg. per/ 2 softgels.  It may be time to add a third softgel/day soon.  One change at a time though seems best.   It seems I need less of the Mag. citrate that way.  Interesting.......I just stay calmer.

Happy Equinox to you too brassmonkey!