☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

sunnysideup69

Love to you and to Betsy Ross cat,  ❤️ @manymoretodays

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 200mg Magnesium Glycinate

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manymoretodays

• AliG

• Altostrata

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies all. I've been kind of unexpectedly out lately, or off site. All is well enough.  Life is good. Hoping to get back soon, just not sure when.   Love, peace, recovery,

MMT, I’m so glad things are getting better now. What a tough spell there. And to think you were helping so many others here while going through a very hard time of your own...what an example you are t

Hugs acknowledged.....thank you,  and ((((((((Carmie hugs enclosed in butterfly wings))))))))). Doing a tad better.  !!!!!!!!! Marching right into March and beyond.......... Sunshine to

so sorry for the loss of your dear Betsy Ross cat, @manymoretodays 😢

big hugs 💔

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.

manymoretodays

Thanks again.  You guys are very sweet and good to me! 

......and I thought 2020 was going to be a great year.........ooftah.  Was I ever wrong. 

Just the same, I am going to write my Success Story..... even though.......I am not quite ready for "prime time" and don't always feel like a success, I shall do it!  Maybe.

"prime time" is just slang for the main television times of usage, and the shows on during those hours......my slang and humor.

B)❤️

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

manymoretodays

I am finding it very interesting, as to how cats' are seeming to show up everywhere.  There was mewing outside the window at home.   And........I was ever so fortunate to get away briefly, for a wonderful adventure, a bit south of here.  Stray cats outside my window there again!

I am so thankful for the time, the era really, with Betsey Ross cat.  Her spirit lives on in this home.

I ventured out to see a local chiropractor last week too.  I'd been having more severe upper back and neck pain.  And did share my history with medications with him, withdrawal, and what I know now, around my own healing, from so many years of all sorts of classes of the psychotropics.  He seemed open.  And did say that he agreed with the use of magnesium.  I do have a little bit of irritable heart, had my GP do a ECG a few visits back.  And have some occasional PVC's.  The DO, chiropractor felt like the magnesium could help with those, and any other irritable instabilities, of our systems.   I did also learn previously, that many of us do have occasional PVC'S, from drugs or not.

Upper back and neck pain slightly better.  I've got some things I can do at home now, or elsewhere too........to loosen up.  Some range of motion exercises and stretches, which I'm sure will help.  And I'll continue with this chiropractor for a little bit.

Anyway, I'm feeling refreshed.  Quite.  Got lot's of hiking in, some extraordinary nature viewing and being, some swims, good food, and family love, and all that in.  I met up with my sister and BIL.  And then had some time alone, when they headed off.  So glad that they are able to go stay separately,  while checking in on Mum, visiting with her this month!  And I'm doing great with this sibling........kind of ironic of me........lol......but glad about this.  🤗

All scheduled for my crown too.  And Yikes, my usual dentist had retired!  I wish him well, and will miss his care greatly.

Oh......Wayne Dyer has been helpful lately.  I've been reading and then listening to some of his work via audio.  "The Shift" was the latest audio that was great for my drive time.  Of a spiritual nature and further human development.

And so, feeling, doing well is really nice.

And back around later to dig in around here.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

• 3 weeks later...
manymoretodays

Ahhh, relief.  Dentist appointment went fine.  No numbing, or pain at all.  Partial crown.

And grabbed a good one from the library today too:  Gratitude, by Oliver Sacks.  Short musings, written while he was still alive, and battling Cancer.  And oh, I know that there are some other Oliver Sacks fans here.  He was a psych clinician, professional.  And just, oh so good.

Working through The Gifts of Imperfection too.  Brene' Brown.

And all is well enough here.  Thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
manymoretodays

Just replying to meself here, and copying over my present signature prior to consolidation. 

Final permanent porcelain crown, in the morning and sigh of relief.  Not going to let them, dentists touch me again this year, other than for a cleaning.

Still good.  Family passing through town, and nice visits and eats.  All continues well enough.

Slept through the lunar eclipse, full moon, early Monday morning.  I guess that's a good thing, yet, I like seeing the natural things in action.

Beginning to feel like Christmas Holiday time of year, and thinking it may be a nice season this year.  I am sure hoping for snow again, some more precipitation.  It's only up real high right now.   Only guessing, but thinking we'll be into frigid temperatures in just another few weeks around here.  And I don't mind the cold.  The birds are active, the deer still remain in hiding(from hunters).  They can't hunt in city limits anyway....but they just come round after dark.......they know.  Front bushes thriving for awhile.......B)

I've got tremendous gratitude and feeling good.  Just good, good enough, strong enough, smart enough, and all that.  My caution sign remains though, to stick with what I've got going now, and not add too much more.  Doing limits when needed.  And excited to start the Yoga teacher certification in January.  We did some Kundalini on Monday.  I've got a lot to learn.  I do.  And that's exciting to me.

And okay my present signature:

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

Sheesh ka bobbam......looking on from my droid, it was huge!  And so, will condense, how we tell everyone to do anyway.

L, P, H, and G,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays
holiday time, strong enough, removed excess white space

• 2 weeks later...
manymoretodays

Doing my signature consolidation here.  Again.   So.....bear with my endless copied signature posts. B)❤️

A little update at the end.

AD's, antipsychotics, anti-seizure/ mood stabilizers. Lithium, Lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Provigil, Gabapentin.

Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Supplements-Omega3's, Magnesium complex, orally, and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin 1mg., and bioidentical hormones.Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

I think I will briefly summarize, then link this post up for my signature.

As I am no longer tapering, seeing the details, at a glance, is no longer necessary

In the words of the Grateful Dead, or maybe the late Jerry Garcia, "what a long strange trip it's been"

Yet, I am looking fondly, at all my past medications, and experiences, at this point in time.  What a journey, and the adventure continues.  I mean yes, things could have been so much different, and possibly better for all concerned in my life......Sun(son) especially.  I sure suffered during a good part of his elementary and HS years, and was not always the best Mom.  That smarts.  ALOT.  Anyway.....we're all good now.

Not making light of my struggle either.  I am just glad I persevered. 

Hoping to be up on the mountain tomorrow, on ski's........Brrrrr, yet, hoping for that awesome powder, light, forgiving, and just plain fun!

And once again......feeling very thankful.  Thanks everybody here, and who was here when I arrived. 

(I am still a little weird, in a good way though, hugs)

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays
start post greeting added

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Manymoredays,

Thank you for popping over to my thread. How are you doing? How was your skiing?

Sending hugs🤗

Been on antipsychotics, benzos, antidepressants and painkillers for chronic pain. 

Been cold turkeyed and put on and off all sorts of things. Was suicidal n ended up in a psych ward because I had akathisia from withdrawals. Can’t remember what I was put on but when I was released was in the same predicament with severe akathisia n was suicidal again.

Back to the ward and was given different meds. Tapered off one and have been trying to taper off Seroquel since. It’s been many, many years of tapering so far.

I’ve  tapered from 300mg of Seroquel to 7.5mg./ March 10 2019=7.25mg / 17th of April=7 mg / June 5th=6.75mg/ July 14th=6.50mg/ August 28=6.25mg/ 10th of Oct= 6.20mg/ October 21=6mg/ December 16=5.80mg/.   January 21 2020=5.60mg/April 2=5.40g/ May 29=5.20mg/ August 14= 5mg/ September 29=4.80mg

I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. These are my own views based on what I’ve experienced myself.

manymoretodays

((((((Carmie))))))

Those are your hugs back.

I am doing great Carmie.  And am going to just keep on doing so.  I mean there are some of the normal ups and downs to life, and health, but.........I'm good.

Funny story when I last skied......LOL......and you usually like my humor. 

So.....I like music when I ski.  You know the ear buds and some music.  Well.....since the google play went to youtube I've had problems.  And then my android seems to freeze when it's cold(and when it's hot) as well. 

Well droid was working, but moving my music to youtube wasn't quite as streamlined as I had believed it to be.  I could not find my favorites.

And ads kept coming on.  But I had to laugh when this segment called "pantercize" kept haunting me and playing.  It was weird.

Thank goodness for the Rolling Stones, some upbeat, and moving music came through. 

Skiing was great.  Next time I'll kiss the mountain and the snow!

So good to see you back, and hope you can stay.  Do 20 gratitudes!  Lol.  I usually pen those off pretty quickly now, and it does help keep me sane. 

Life is good.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt