SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

toomanymeds which one might be causing my nausea?

toomanymeds

Hello, I'm new here. My dilemma is that I have been put on so many meds( klonopin, neurotin, Cymbalta, Lamictal, remeron).

Each one added due to nausea which was thought to be caused by GAD. Still nauseous and have lowered my Klonopin from 4mg to 0mg in one week then reinstated to ..325 a week later, that was 6 months ago. Then 3months ago went down on Cymbalta 60mg to 30 mg. Still struggling with severe nausea and some anxiety. Don't know what is causing the nausea. Could it be the Lamictal? or the Cymbalta? Or whatever.

Edited by scallywag
tags added

I'm on 1800 mg of gabapentin 3x600, .325 Klonopin(.25 in am, .125 afternoon), in the evening I take cymbalta 30mg down from 60mg, remeron 30mg and lamictal 100 mg. Nausea and anxiety are my worst symptoms. C

• Administrator

Welcome, toomanymeds.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and post the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

The reactions were for potential fatigue when mixing these drugs and also a possibility of seritonin syndrome. Once again nauseous this morning which doesn't go away until evening. So hard to get anything done.

I'm on 1800 mg of gabapentin 3x600, .325 Klonopin(.25 in am, .125 afternoon), in the evening I take cymbalta 30mg down from 60mg, remeron 30mg and lamictal 100 mg. Nausea and anxiety are my worst symptoms. C

• Administrator

At what time of day do you take your drugs, at what dosages? What is your daily symptom pattern?

Please post the results from the Drug Interaction Checker in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome toomanymeds,

I'm sorry you have been put on so many drugs, but are still feeling unwell, these kinds of drugs are rarely helpful long term, often causing side effects which are worse than the original problem.

If we are going to be able to help you, we need more information about your drug history, symptoms and goals. When we know more about your situation, we will be able to make some suggestions to help you feel better and safely get off your meds, or lower the doses, if that's what you want to do.

You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

Did your nausea start before you were put on any medication, or after?

For now, I suggest you don't change anything, until you know more about safe tapering. There is a lot of good information here.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I posted more info about my meds. Not sure wher it end up.

I take 600mg nueurotin 3x per day, .25 mg of Klonopin in am and.125 mg mid day. Then 30 mg of cymbalta, 100mg of Lamictal and 30 mg of remeron in the evening before bed.

I usually wake up with nausea and some anxiety. The nausea is the worse and lasts until later in the day. I did not have nausea before all of these meds. I originally started this journey due to extreme anxiety. Doing neurofeedback, I think it is helping yet she wants me to lower my klonopin.

This situation is very frustrating for family and friends. I'm loosing my support system due to the length of my illness. I can't seem to get motivated to fight this nausea.

• Administrator

Please post the results from the Drug Interactions Checker. I don't have the time to enter all your drugs.

Do you take any others? Put them in the Drug Interactions Checker as well.

Did the nausea start when you were not on any drugs at all? Have you had a gastrointestinal checkup?

Interactions between your selected drugs

interaction-3-big.png mirtazapine ↔ duloxetine

Applies to: Remeron (mirtazapine), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using mirtazapine together with DULoxetine can increase the riskicon1.png of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risksicon1.png, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Using clonazePAM together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ mirtazapine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Remeron (mirtazapine)

Using clonazePAM together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ duloxetine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using clonazePAM together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png gabapentin ↔ mirtazapine

Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Remeron (mirtazapine)

Using gabapentin together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png gabapentin ↔ duloxetine

Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using gabapentin together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png lamotrigine ↔ duloxetine

Applies to: Lamictal (lamotrigine), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using lamoTRIgine together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-1-big.png gabapentin ↔ lamotrigine

Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see professional interaction data.

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Thank you Tilly.

I had a gastro work up and everything came out as normal.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi toomanymeds , welcome.

Well done for providing the interactions Tilly.

toomany , do you experience dizziness , drowsiness or difficulty concentrating?  And when you decreased the cymbalta 3 months ago from

60mg to 30mg , was that in one go?

I'm interested to know more about the neurofeedback you're having.

If you're able to , can you put your medication info. into your signature?   This will give anyone reading an overview of your situation each

time you post.

You might try Slippery Elm or greek yoghurt for the nausea , or other suggestions you'll find in the Symptoms and Self care section.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh,

I used the bead method to go from 60 to 30 mg of cymbalta. It was hard and mostly had anxiety and nausea. I had a window for 3 days yet in a wave ever since that time.

The neurofeedback is through my counselor and she uses something called Neuroptimal. I do think it is helping with my anxiety yet not with this nausea.

Not sure how to post my meds.

Thanks

Hi TMM. I was on gabapentin (Neurontin) 3 years. The third year I started getting extreme nausea 24/7. Just a thought.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks Pug,

How did you get off of it? What were your withdrawal symptoms? Did the nausea go away once off the Neurotin?

Thanks Pug,

How did you get off of it? What were your withdrawal symptoms? Did the nausea go away once off the Neurotin?

There is not an arrow on the right side of my name. Still can't figure out how to get to my signature.

• Moderator Emeritus

The little arrow should be in the top right corner , in between  your screen name , and SIGN OUT.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks, I figured it out.

It took me 3 months to go from 60 to 30 mg of Cymbalta. I thought lowering my dose would relieve my nausea. I am guessing that the Cymbalta or Lamictal is causing the nausea. However Gold Star had nausea with Gabapentin.

My nausea started in Feb 2014. It stayed in full force until November 8, 2014, when I took my last gabapentin. I had my gallbladder removed around the same time. The nausea eventually went away about 2 months later. I suffer from cortisol surging, crushing anxiety and moderate akathisia. Very typical of gabapentin WD.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

They discovered I had no gallstones, just sludge. No pain. Gabapentin was the culprit IMO.

I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. Has anyone else had nausea with Gabpentin, cymbalta or lamictal? Still confused as to which one to taper off next?

• Administrator

Thank you for posting the drug interactions, Tilly.

Interactions between your selected drugs
interaction-3-big.png mirtazapine ↔ duloxetine
Applies to: Remeron (mirtazapine), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using mirtazapine together with DULoxetine can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
=major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&professional=1]Switch to professional interaction data
interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ lamotrigine
Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Using clonazePAM together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
=major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&professional=1]Switch to professional interaction data
interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ mirtazapine
Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Remeron (mirtazapine)

Using clonazePAM together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
interaction-2-big.png clonazepam ↔ duloxetine
Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using clonazePAM together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
interaction-2-big.png gabapentin ↔ mirtazapine
Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Remeron (mirtazapine)

Using gabapentin together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
interaction-2-big.png gabapentin ↔ duloxetine
Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using gabapentin together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
interaction-2-big.png lamotrigine ↔ duloxetine
Applies to: Lamictal (lamotrigine), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using lamoTRIgine together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
interaction-1-big.png gabapentin ↔ lamotrigine
Applies to: Neurontin (gabapentin), Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see =major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&professional=1]professional interaction data.

toomanymeds, you can see below that the interaction between mirtazapine and Cymbalta is quite serious and can include nausea. Cymbalta also has deleterious interactions with your other drugs. (Your doctor has been remiss in prescribing you so many drugs without consideration of interactions.)

To test this, since you take mirtazapine and Cymbalta at the same time in the evening, I would move the Cymbalta earlier in the day, by an hour or so at a time. For example, if you now take it at 7 p.m., move it to 5 p.m., then 3 p.m., then 1 p.m., then 11 a.m. Hold at this pattern for at least 4 days and see how it affects the nausea.

Then, you might consider reducing Cymbalta, see Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

At what point was the Cymbalta added, and at what point was the lamotrigine added? When did the nausea start?

At first was I was on Cymbalta then he added Lamictal then the remeron to address the nausea. I have had nausea from the beginning of starting meds. Dr thought it was caused by the anxiety therefore adding more meds.

I will try your suggestion starting today. Thank you so much for your consideration.

• Administrator

What drug was added first, right before the nausea started?

In The very beginning the doctor started me on Paxil for one week and I got so nauseous. Then I was switch to Prozac and that made me sick. Then given Cymbalta and told to tough it out. Then given Klonopin and gabapenten to hold me over because. My anxiety was so bad. Then hospitalized and given Lamictal. Then given Remeron to treat the nausea. I know this is confusing. This all started back in January 2012.

I meant 2014

• Administrator

Some people react badly to SSRIs. They don't get along with antidepressants at all. This might have happened to you.

It's probably occurred to you -- you need a new doctor.

Yes, I'm looking for a new doctor. It seems that each doctor I go to wants to put me on more meds. I feel helpless and hopeless right now.

Thank you A,

I just made an appointment with an integrative pdoc. Hopefully she will figure it out. Have taken tha cybalta at 6:30 yesterday and 4:30 today. Will let you know how it goes.

• Administrator

Has your symptom pattern changed?

Not sure yet. Feeling really angry at God today. I don't usually get mad but today I am. First time I cried in a while. The telltale sign will be less nausea in the am. Thanks for checking back with me.

Hi Alto,

Woke up at 4:00 am with headache and nausea. Usually I can't get back to sleep yet today I went back to sleep until 6:30 and woke up with just a little nausea and anxiety. I also covered my window with a sheet last night. Thank you so much for helping me. I took the Cybalta at 4:30 yesterday and will take it today at 2:30. If I can get rid of this nausea maybe I can start to taper one of my meds. I do not have any nausea as I am writing this. Thank you and praise God!

• Mentor

Hi  toomanymeds and welcome.

I think you name says it all,  good luck!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.