SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Faithbarelysurviving: Too damaged?

Faithbarelysurviving

Faith, you are not alone. We are here to help you. Just keep going. It will be ok.   :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faithbarelysurviving

• Altostrata

• btdt

• bluebalu86

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you manage to get in touch with the doctor that Alto suggested Faith? I know how terribly hard it is to pick up a phone, but maybe an email? I would email the doctor and simply ask them to look at your thread here, tell them how desperate you are and on a cocktail of drugs that is making you very, very sick. You don't need to say anything else because this thread says it all. I am so, so sorry that we can't tell you what would be best, this is just too big for us and needs professional help from someone who knows about drugs and adverse effects, not a 'professional' who just reaches for the prescription pad to add even more drugs. :angry: 

I feel at a loss, and sincerely wish I could do something to help you. Do you get out of the house Faith, or have any visitors?  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi Faith, welcome to SA. I am so, so sorry to read that you have been treated so badly.  Please can you tell us the drugs you are taking now and ones you have taken recently if you can remember them. It is important to know this so we can offer the best advice for you.  They have thrown many drugs at you to try and correct what was withdrawal, sadly that is all they know, drugs, drugs and more drugs making everything much worse in the process. 

Where are you now? Are you at home and is someone there to take care of you? My heart goes out to you, I can relate to what you are going through as I had many hospital admissions with many drugs and ECT, all the drugs made things worse and it is a horrendous situation to be in.  The good news is that  it does get better, but it takes time. Get through each day, each hour or even minute by minute, and the time will pass while you are healing.  We are all here for you and with you while you are going through this nightmare.

I am at home , no nobody to help me.

Welcome. Faith.

I put the antidepressants in bold:

bupropion 150 mg in the morning,

clonazepam 1 mg three times per day,

baclofen 10 mg 3 times per day,

buspar 10mg at dinner, 6.2mg in the morning,

Escitalopram 15 mg morning

Tegretol twice a day x 100mg

Trazadone 50 mg

Propranolol 20 mg twice a day

Buspar is supposed to be an anti-anxiety drug, as are clonazepam and baclofen, both of which act on the GABA system. Tegretol is an anti-seizure drug that is also supposed to be calming; propanolol does the same but is a blood pressure drug.

We would say you are taking 3 accelerators (the antidepressants) and 5 brakes. That's a lot of redundancy in your drugs. Looks like your doctors wanted to crush your symptoms and threw in the kitchen sink.

Bubble has a good idea: Which drug was added last?

They all need to be tapered, but propanolol is probably the easiest to come off. See Tapering Beta Blockers or Alpha Blockers

Links to information about tapering the other drugs is here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/300-important-topics-in-the-tapering-forum-and-faq/

We know of few doctors in Canada to refer people to minimize drugs. You might contact this doctor http://www.psychiatry.utoronto.ca/people/dr-martin-a-katzman/, he has an interest in holistic medicine http://www.ccnm.edu/press_release/holistic_mental_health_conference_pathways_empowerment and may be reasonable about tapering your drugs.

Hello Altostrata,

First, I cannot contact the dr because i am too impaired. I do not think my husband would help me because he told me he doesn t believe me, that we ve seen soo many drs. and that i should be in the hospital because i am traumatizing the children and i am so impaired.

As i am writing i am in bed, my mind switches or flips from one mental state to another constantly and i do not recall how i was before the one i was in but i know somehow the swittch has happened. Physical things change too from one to another. I think I have had these things for a long time, induced by many meds and withdrawals. As i am writing they are happening.

There are ones when i think i am verry aggresive, rage, I know for sure everything i understand my perceptions, my "reality" is not the real one. Processing data my dr said is affected so that is how i understand things right? One moment i am sicidal, other i am different other different . Memory is . I am malfunctiong horribly. I should be dead by now. No point of reference.

I thinh i tried to lower the buspirone so how i did was cut a 10 mg pill in half and then the half in other two halfs and again in half. So i got off of 3halfs of a half in some mths( i don t know because i i din t know the time the day the mth...maybe maybe since December or January... Now i went back and took one of the three pieces back because I thought inwas getting worse, but it is almost impossible to say because i cannot compare..I think even more incapacitated in bed, "sleeping" constantly, . I do not know I cannot compare no memory...maybe much worse in some symptoms.....from one moment to another. God please help me. I will probably have to go to the dr. , i hope i can.

Please help . Was it too much to taper?And now that i took that back, hell hell....my system is soooo sensitive....anger, akathisia i think like moving my body, head jaw tight tight ... maybe the other meds too??? Right before going up on the dose i remember one nausea, yes can t stand the smell of foods, when i can smell because i think i cannot, . Maybe a combination of the meds creates the rage, the aggression, suicidal, crazy tension, maybe from before too???? What do you think Altostrata?my dr says the meds cannot do this, that is conversion disorder, he will either take me off fast or i ll get back to the hosp ...

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-switched AD,getting worse (maybe:Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin-diagnosed with bp

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-changed dr.,dropped Seroquel 300mg to 100mg !!!-

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Did you manage to get in touch with the doctor that Alto suggested Faith? I know how terribly hard it is to pick up a phone, but maybe an email? I would email the doctor and simply ask them to look at your thread here, tell them how desperate you are and on a cocktail of drugs that is making you very, very sick. You don't need to say anything else because this thread says it all. I am so, so sorry that we can't tell you what would be best, this is just too big for us and needs professional help from someone who knows about drugs and adverse effects, not a 'professional' who just reaches for the prescription pad to add even more drugs. :angry: 

I feel at a loss, and sincerely wish I could do something to help you. Do you get out of the house Faith, or have any visitors?

No no outside the house no visitors

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

• Moderator Emeritus

Faith , i'm so sorry you're having such a terrible time.  Can your husband contact any doctors for you?

I wonder how you feel about going into hospital to get all these medications sorted out?    Your husband can organize the

children , and you'll be in a safe place.   

Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Faith , i'm so sorry you're having such a terrible time.  Can your husband contact any doctors for you?

I wonder how you feel about going into hospital to get all these medications sorted out?    Your husband can organize the

children , and you'll be in a safe place.   

Fresh

Faith was in the hospital Fresh and given multiple drugs there, it seems like that hospital is a terrible place. Much like the one I was in, every time I went there I was given drug after drug, 8 admissions with for  1- 3 months  drug after drug then cold turkey and 22 ECT.  Her doctors claim there is nothing wrong.  :( 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I just read your story Faith! I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through! My best wishes to you!

I hope your husband will eventually come to this site, read what's going on and believe you. I know it's hard for our relatives to believe us and not the doctors, but I think it can be expected of them to at least spend a bit of time to research. 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Thank you Laura, i think is very hard for him too, to see me behave in such manner...

At the beg of this ordeal he was very very involved because i was not that sick....now i am out of control....i am like a monster, but i think you are right, he could do research, look on these sites, he refuses, he is a bery stubborn person, he thinks he knows everything, better than anybody....if i could be a little more "stable" maybe i would approach him differently but it is like i have become insane...and i think i am destrying my cildren....I have no way out, if i kill myself it has to be in the house because i cannot function and my kids will find my body, and if i don t i destroy them as well...maybe it is best to go back to the hosp and let them kill me with more drugs ...is just i cannot take the suffering anymore, the horrible mental and physical constant crazy Hell, in the hospital they will add more drugs, i will have reactions as i am super super super sensitive, maybe other CT withdrawals like drs do, especially mine, and until I die My Hell will get even Hellish, God knows I may get aggresive due to the meds, it happened before, God lnows how long ot will take untill I die.....and of they send me back home.....Anyways they believe is a Personality disorder mixed with conversion disorder mixed with God lnows what else, refuse to say I have been screwed up by meds...I do not know, God have mercy one andy family, It would be great if I d have a heart attack or deadly seasure and done!

My poor kids, i want to scream, they probably suffer soooooou much to see the monster that i am... These will be their memories of me.....

Oh Faith, I'm so sad to hear what you're going through. It will get better, but all the concern about the kids makes it even worse. Do you have a safe place you can go for a couple of months? Parents maybe?

I agree with the others that you have to stay away from that hospital. They are prescribing you a toxic drug cocktail.

Hang in there! People on here are very supportive and together we'll figure out what to do.

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

• Administrator

Faith, you are taking an inhuman amount of drugs, they are reacting with each other. That is what is making you sick. It's a disgrace to medicine that your doctor has you taking all these drugs at once. Either change doctors or don't talk to him about this any more -- he is appallingly ignorant.

Have you lowered the buspirone? How much have you lowered it?

After the buspirone, if I were you, I'd taper off the propanolol.

Hey Faith - nobody is too damaged.  PLEASE DO NOT TAPER ANYTHING until we get an expert in here - you have a complex set of issues to untangle.  You will see that 5 of these interactions are major, and the rest of them are also serious!

Here is what drugs.com said:

Interactions between your selected drugs
interaction-3-big.png trazodone ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: trazodone, escitalopram

Using escitalopram together with traZODone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms during treatment. In addition, combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png buspirone ↔ trazodone

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), trazodone

Using busPIRone together with traZODone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png buspirone ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), escitalopram

Using busPIRone together with escitalopram can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: bupropion, escitalopram

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with escitalopram. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of escitalopram, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ trazodone

Applies to: bupropion, trazodone

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with traZODone. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of traZODone, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

That was the major ones (I'm having trouble posting all these, there are so many!)  Here are the "moderate" ones  (I lost the pictures - they are all WARNING: Moderate!):

propranolol ↔ bupropion

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), bupropion

BuPROPion may increase the blood levels and effects of propranolol. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Contact your doctor if you experience increased side effects or your condition changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ baclofen

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), baclofen

Using carBAMazepine together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

buspirone ↔ baclofen

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), baclofen

Using busPIRone together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ baclofen

Applies to: clonazepam, baclofen

Using clonazePAM together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

trazodone ↔ baclofen

Applies to: trazodone, baclofen

Using traZODone together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: clonazepam, escitalopram

Using clonazePAM together with escitalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ baclofen

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), baclofen

Propranolol and baclofen may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ trazodone

Applies to: clonazepam, trazodone

Using clonazePAM together with traZODone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ bupropion

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), bupropion

CarBAMazepine may reduce the blood levels and effects of buPROPion. Contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or your condition changes during treatment with these medications. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ buspirone

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), BuSpar (buspirone)

Propranolol and busPIRone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ buspirone

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), BuSpar (buspirone)

Before using carBAMazepine, tell your doctor if you also use busPIRone. This combination may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness and confusion. If you take both medications together, tell your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. You may need a dose adjustment if you take both medications. Avoid driving until you know how the medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), clonazepam

Propranolol and clonazePAM may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

baclofen ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: baclofen, escitalopram

Using baclofen together with escitalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), clonazepam

CarBAMazepine may reduce the blood levels and effects of clonazePAM. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking clonazePAM and are starting treatment with carBAMazepine. Let your doctor know if clonazePAM becomes less effective or is no longer controlling your symptoms. In addition, using these medications together may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

bupropion ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: bupropion, clonazepam

Excessive use of clonazePAM, or abrupt discontinuation following long-term use, may occasionally trigger seizures in patients taking buPROPion. Talk to your doctor before using these medications together if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), trazodone

Propranolol and traZODone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), trazodone

Using traZODone together with carBAMazepine can alter the blood levels and effects of both medications. Specifically, traZODone levels may decrease, which may make the medication less effective. At the same time, carBAMazepine levels may increase, so you may be more likely to experience side effects such as headache, dizziness, nausea, slurred speech, vision problems, tremors, and incoordination. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), escitalopram

Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see professional interaction data

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dear Faith, 

I'm sorry I can't be of much help regarding your meds situation, but please, you are NOT a monster. You are suffering from a cumulative effect from all the drugs that you are taking and past withdrawals. You are very sensitive and your nervous system is struggling greatly at the moment. But you are NOT a monster. Never think that! You are a human being who's having problems because you have been mistreated and abused by the medical profession and it's NOT your fault. That's why you are having all of these symptoms. Please, do what you can to make your husband come to the forum and read this thread and understand the seriousness of the situation and that what you're going though is a mixture between past withdrawals and adverse reactions from the meds you're on now. You will be fine but we have to untangle this medication mess. You have come to a good place, very knowledgeable people with a lot of experience are trying to figure out what would be best to do from now on. You are not alone. You will recover from this, don't give up hope. I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart. I'm sending you hugs and kisses and healing thoughts all the way from Bulgaria. Keep hanging on and together we'll figure out a way to get out of this terrible situation. I will be praying that you feel relief soon! 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Faith, you are taking an inhuman amount of drugs, they are reacting with each other. That is what is making you sick. It's a disgrace to medicine that your doctor has you taking all these drugs at once. Either change doctors or don't talk to him about this any more -- he is appallingly ignorant.

Have you lowered the buspirone? How much have you lowered it?

After the buspirone, if I were you, I'd taper off the propanolol.

Hey Faith - nobody is too damaged.  PLEASE DO NOT TAPER ANYTHING until we get an expert in here - you have a complex set of issues to untangle.  You will see that 5 of these interactions are major, and the rest of them are also serious!

Here is what drugs.com said:

Dear Altostrata

Don t you think i should try tontaper the ones that have the worse interactions ? Why Propranolol?

How about those that can get to serotonin syndrome? And i need help to taper i cannot even calculate prctg of something

Buspirone i went back and take 1tarblet of 10 mg and 5mg +2.5mg. I can t do math or anything else. I reeplied to your post on my thread please read. Don t you think that propranolol can help me if I try to withdraw other?

You have the clear mind, i trust your explanation anyways i can t even understand what is going on around me or tv or anything. Please stay with me

Interactions between your selected drugs

interaction-3-big.png trazodone ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: trazodone, escitalopram

Using escitalopram together with traZODone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms during treatment. In addition, combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png buspirone ↔ trazodone

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), trazodone

Using busPIRone together with traZODone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png buspirone ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), escitalopram

Using busPIRone together with escitalopram can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: bupropion, escitalopram

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with escitalopram. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of escitalopram, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-3-big.png bupropion ↔ trazodone

Applies to: bupropion, trazodone

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with traZODone. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of traZODone, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

That was the major ones (I'm having trouble posting all these, there are so many!)  Here are the "moderate" ones  (I lost the pictures - they are all WARNING: Moderate!):

propranolol ↔ bupropion

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), bupropion

BuPROPion may increase the blood levels and effects of propranolol. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Contact your doctor if you experience increased side effects or your condition changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ baclofen

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), baclofen

Using carBAMazepine together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

buspirone ↔ baclofen

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), baclofen

Using busPIRone together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ baclofen

Applies to: clonazepam, baclofen

Using clonazePAM together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

trazodone ↔ baclofen

Applies to: trazodone, baclofen

Using traZODone together with baclofen may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: clonazepam, escitalopram

Using clonazePAM together with escitalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ baclofen

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), baclofen

Propranolol and baclofen may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

clonazepam ↔ trazodone

Applies to: clonazepam, trazodone

Using clonazePAM together with traZODone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ bupropion

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), bupropion

CarBAMazepine may reduce the blood levels and effects of buPROPion. Contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or your condition changes during treatment with these medications. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ buspirone

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), BuSpar (buspirone)

Propranolol and busPIRone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ buspirone

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), BuSpar (buspirone)

Before using carBAMazepine, tell your doctor if you also use busPIRone. This combination may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness and confusion. If you take both medications together, tell your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. You may need a dose adjustment if you take both medications. Avoid driving until you know how the medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), clonazepam

Propranolol and clonazePAM may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

baclofen ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: baclofen, escitalopram

Using baclofen together with escitalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), clonazepam

CarBAMazepine may reduce the blood levels and effects of clonazePAM. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking clonazePAM and are starting treatment with carBAMazepine. Let your doctor know if clonazePAM becomes less effective or is no longer controlling your symptoms. In addition, using these medications together may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

bupropion ↔ clonazepam

Applies to: bupropion, clonazepam

Excessive use of clonazePAM, or abrupt discontinuation following long-term use, may occasionally trigger seizures in patients taking buPROPion. Talk to your doctor before using these medications together if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

propranolol ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Inderal (propranolol), trazodone

Propranolol and traZODone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), trazodone

Using traZODone together with carBAMazepine can alter the blood levels and effects of both medications. Specifically, traZODone levels may decrease, which may make the medication less effective. At the same time, carBAMazepine levels may increase, so you may be more likely to experience side effects such as headache, dizziness, nausea, slurred speech, vision problems, tremors, and incoordination. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

carbamazepine ↔ escitalopram

Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine), escitalopram

Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see =major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&professional=1]professional interaction data.

• Administrator

Please answer my questions: Have you lowered the buspirone? How much have you lowered it?

To respond without bringing in a quote, click on the black Post button at the bottom of the screen.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I think i am psycotic paranoid and very suicidal.very negative and evil like delusional and hostile.I am trying to write . Buspirone I lowered from 20 mg and i take one 10mg pill + half of 10 mg pill +2.5 mg

• Administrator

I think you are drastically overdosed with powerful psychoactive drugs, and this calls for a relatively rapid taper off some of them.

When did you lower the buspirone? I would drop another 2.5mg every 4 days.

What drug was added last? Why did the doctor add propanolol? How long have you been taking it?

I lowered buspirone since Dec or January, but i think every change brought akathisia worse, tightness stiffness neck rigidity horrid, head pulled back by muscles from back, more hostility, cannot walk on my legs, head twiching from side to side severe, more paranoid and maybe delirious....i think i am bery very very sensitive to any lond of change...tingling in my hands, numb, difficulty bresthing, crying very suicidal and negative......and cannot keep track because mental status changes like crazy don t know the day, cannot talk brain frozen cognition bad...

The think is that last time in the hospital i was for 1yr, and was taken off valium too fast, i was alteady damaged with my cognition and twiches, from change of 3mg clonazepam with 15 mg valim in 1day...and Zoloft with Cipralex gradually couple of weeks i tyhink, i don t remember....but at the very beg of the hosp i was a little bit more better, already in horific too fast valium withdrawal from home...then transferred to another hosp (institution) where my new dr took me off remaining valium ( 12-13 mg) in maybe two mths, I was crazy!!!!!!

then given Propranolol for bad palpitations, mental states switching worse one after another, sobbing constantly, put on Tegretol ( the fast withdrawal triggered severe trigeminal neuralgia), then Tegretol to sleep,

I think he tried many meds for another 3-4mths to "stabilize" me gave me Seroqiel for 1 myh I went crazier begged h to take it off he would refuse saying it was anxiety, i had severe severe Akathisia and muscle twitchrs all ober plus really paranoid maybe psychotic

Then he gave me Bupropion, i think it was the last added

• Administrator

Your doctor has endangered your health with all the drugs you're on. When you get better, you should file a complaint with your state medical board.

You will need to reduce the drugs somehow, they're not going to reduce themselves. How about reducing the buproprion? How are you taking it?

See Tips for tapering off Wellbutrin, SR, XR, XL (buproprion)

Yes he is the only adult.

I am destroying them right? My kids see me crying, raging, i am not warm to them, see me yelling at my husband, negative always. I am hurting them psychologically , i yell at them, i say they i will kill myself, i don t care about anybody, i am so evil, i should go to the hospital and let them do what they want, maybe i ll die in the process but my family will be safe from me. No there is nowere to go. I am anyways terminated, no recovery for me, i am too damaged. They will give me more drugs, injections, eventually i will die ....i am soooo affraid of more suffering and torture i am desperate but maybe i will die eventually. I should protect my family right? They will be muchuch better without me right? What if i kill myself and they find me? Nobody would stay alive . What if in my sick crazy mind i hurt them? They cannot have anybody over because of me. I don t know what i am doing, i don t have control over me. I am done o am finished. I am insane crazy . What is best for them???? I have to do what is best for them . You tell me your minds are working well.

These are years of meds and withdrawals, antypsychotic horrible reactions and forced to stay on them, withdraeals horribly gone wrong,

Have patience with me Altostrata, i am very very disturbed mentally and in horrible torture. There is another thread in bezo topiic please follow that too. Please o beg you have patience and pray alot for me and my gamily

• Moderator Emeritus

Faith... I'm putting your benzo post here (#95) because it's really about the whole picture, and I want Alto to oversee your journey as it does not involve tapering clonazepam at this time, and you are already splitting your doses.  I hope you understand.  You have all of us on the forum behind you.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

The bupropion i take in the morning . I might end up in a mental institution you plrase pray for me and all the other people. Forgive me for all the trouble i am causing . I am very damaged. It may be very hard or impossible to reason with me. I like a squished worm that dorsn t die . Right now i cannot stop crying, my head hangs on my right side i cannot support it my neck is tight and loose, my tongue gets glued to my lower teeth can t barely keep eyrs they shut because of ptrssure open body wabbly and i ll go into something called "sleep" i don t know what it is is my brain changing states.

And yes god knows what the meds are also doing. I don t know what i am saying i am just writing what is in my mind now no control over it and i feel things moving in my head, pain moving around inside

Faith, I found your thread and I dont know I had to write you. It is terrible what you are going through. I think, it is these medicaments that are killing you. You take them too much. Therefore your body does not have enough energy to coordinate your movements. Please try to reduce these medicaments somehow, it will be terror on the beginning, but I can imgaine in 7 months or so your body would be again able to move healthily, speak and these things. I keep finger crossed for you and I hope you will manage it to survive

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

There are destroyed conections in my brain. I wish i could put my whole history of drugs and withdrawals of 10 yrs but i do not remember it. It damaged my brain neurologycal mental

God help us all

• Administrator

Faith, stop dwelling on your damaged brain and start taking care of yourself.

The many diagnoses you've gotten have no meaning. No one could have that many psychiatric diagnoses, your doctor is imcompetent, and you are now suffering effects from the drugs. What you think is mental illness is probably adverse reactions from drugs.

Are you taking one tablet of 150mg bupropion in the morning? I suggest you cut it into quarters and

• take 3 quarters for 4 days
  • then 2 quarters (one half) for 4 days
  • then 1 quarter for 4 days
  • then none

Please let us know how you are doing as you go along.

Do you take Tegretol in tablets?

Dear Altostrata, I am not dwelling, i don t even know when i wrote that, my mental states change constantly, you get a million of "me's" ....i am not aware of what i say, another second say something else , different perception, mood, beliefs......Today I dropped a quarter of the buspirone so it would be 10mg + 5mg + 1/4 of 5 mg . The thing is that the quarters are not perfect equal when i cit them ...

• Moderator Emeritus

Nice to meet you FBS.  I couldn't read all the replies but welcome..... :)

And yah......of course you will heal and recover.......I don't know the details but you are on this journey for a reason and the ending is good.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you Manymoretodays

Hi Faith

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you great success with your taper. Never abandon hope, you will be fine. You have been hurt by the doctors with their meds, but you will heal. One little step at a time. I wish you the best and will keep checking on you to see how you're progressing. Listen to the moderators, they know their stuff. You're in good hands now. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

Isn t it waaaay to fast Altostrata?? And it is extended release that i am cutting right?? Is that ok??

Trazadone i take 1 tablet of 50 mg in the evening. But i know for sure i still have protracted withdrawal from Valium and things before, so it is not only side effects .... So should i stick with the Buspar decrease or go back and try the Bupropion? Don t forget i am very very sensitive to any change, my sustem is very sensitive dear Altostrata. I have many protracted withdr sympt: sensory sensitivity realy bad, Almost all you can read at benzo protracted withdrawal........and more....I do suffer from them still greatly, that s why all the other meds were given to cover them...or control them a bit... he almost killed me with the fast Valium withdrawal, and the dr before almost killed me with Clonazepam CT withdrawa and switch to valium plus Zoloft increase to where i was hypervent constantly plus the other dr with all the Ad s switches and Antypsychotic - neuroleptic malignant syndrome reaction.... So i am in protracted withdrawals big time ( or damage - CBI cronic brain impairment). so it is alot from the past dear Altostrata. Please consider everything, i have an ugly long psychiatric drug hystory that makes me disabled.....

Thank you all for being here with me.

I have developed movement dusorders such as dystonia, myoclonus....I have to go slow......

Thank you Altostrata for being here

You are not alone anymore. Everybody on this forum is behind you and rooting for you. You can do this, it will take some time, but you can survive this and be healthy again. One day it will all be just a bad memory. Keep telling yourself that. 

• Administrator

Faith, if you are decreasing buspirone, do not also decrease buproprion.

I was confused because I read you had tried to reduce buspirone but got a bad reaction and were holding on buspirone since January. That is why I suggested working on the buproprion.

Yes, these are fast tapers, much faster than what we usually recommend. I am very concerned about the number of drugs you are taking.

If you get a bad reaction, we will need to think of another way to do it. One way would be for you to find a doctor who will take responsibility for minimizing your drugs. Your current doctor is endangering your health.

Faith I am sorry for your situation and I think your drug store pharmacist should have given you some warning as a last resort.  I have hit and miss help from pharmacists some of caught interactions that a different pharmacist missed. I am just curious if any pharmacist has ever mentioned the drug interactions to you and/or if any have tried to intervene on your behalf with the doctor or doctors prescribing your medications?

Are all of your drugs coming from one doctor?

I had one incident where the pharmacist refused to fill a script which another pharmacist had fill previously he told me he would lose his licence if he gave me the new drug with the medication I was already taking.  Pharmacists like doctors are vary in knowledge I guess. 

Is your doctor (s) any that you see aware you have a movement disorder have you been sent to a neurologist?  How does the movement disorder present?  

I know your not here to often and I am not sure my questions or thoughts are going to help you much... I am mostly just curious.  

When I developed a problem with my head dropping to my chest and my one foot dragging I was sent to a neurologist it was there I was told to get off effexor.  (and no effexor was not the only drug I was on and I had been on a number of antibiotics prior to this as I was always sick) Though none of it worked out that well really in the end... it seems to me a neurologist should be consulted but I am not doctor and could be wrong.  If you are just holding on and avoiding doctors I could understand that but sometimes it is important to get an opinion even if you don't follow it in the end. Even as I say this I think of all the other drugs I tried from the neurologist... and wonder if that was a complete mistake or if this was any chance they could have worked but they just didn't. 

I wish I could be of more help to you but I am seriously at a loss... and feel very sorry for yous situation I know how easy it is to get there following what doctors say with blind faith.. the way we were taught to. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Dear Altostrata

I started decreasing the buspirone sometime in Dec January and got worse and worse...

Went back and forth not knowing what todo/happening. Then i tried reducing bupropion once for one or two days and got worse and went back. And i also tried reducing Escitalopram for a day and God!!!!!!!went back. So maybe i have screed up even worse my whole system????I thnk i was better??before trying these withdrawals and now i am much much more screwd up....i don t because i do not remember...........i am out of it soooooo bad, twiching clenched problems breathing and.....psychotic maybe? delirious?? You think if I go back on buspirone to what it was before is too late for that?

Faith, first 7-8 months you will feel worse when you decrease your medicaments. Maybe also more. But then you will start to feel better. Unfortunately, it does not go other, you have to feel worse on the beginning in order to get better later.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD