Faithbarelysurviving: Too damaged?

Faithbarelysurviving

• Administrator

Dear Altostrata

I started decreasing the buspirone sometime in Dec January and got worse and worse...

Went back and forth not knowing what todo/happening. Then i tried reducing bupropion once for one or two days and got worse and went back. And i also tried reducing Escitalopram for a day and God!!!!!!!went back. So maybe i have screed up even worse my whole system????I thnk i was better??before trying these withdrawals and now i am much much more screwd up....i don t because i do not remember...........i am out of it soooooo bad, twiching clenched problems breathing and.....psychotic maybe? delirious?? You think if I go back on buspirone to what it was before is too late for that?

Faith, you need to reduce these drugs somehow. They are making you sick. Do not go back and forth in dosing.

Instead of reducing buspirone by a quarter of a tablet (25%), reduce it by less -- an eighth of a tablet. To cut a quarter in half, cut the quarter through the side of the tablet, not from the top of the tablet.

This may make it easier to reduce buspirone. Hopefully, this will not disturb your system too much. Give the reduction at least 4 days to take effect. Let us know how you are doing.

Did you add to the complaints? You should.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faithbarelysurviving

• Altostrata

• btdt

• bluebalu86

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Martina... I think I went through many withdrawals but they were done and caused much damage, protracted....plus the drugs themselves, many antidepressants, long term bbenzos....antipsychotics....why would anybody give me antipsychotics in the name of God????? All the drs that I had, some treated me briefley, doped me up with meds that hurt my system very bad, because my body eas not accustomed to any kind of meds prior to 2005 when i stsrted taking AD and benzos. I went thtough many withdrawls with brain zaps and much more, but as I felt horrible not knowing i needed to go slow taper, got put up on other meds when I was actually in protracted withdrawal.... Once they took me off antipsychotic Seroquel because i think i developed neuroleptic syndrome, and the withdrawal was so fast i was psychotic for almost two years, muscles tight like cement....a form of dystonia or I do not know...they screwed me up big time and with the fast benzo withdrawals, Severe akathisia and all the horriific symptoms of protracted benzo sithdrawal....and now i am in hell.

They all endagered my life and almost killed me!!!!i was taken by ambumbalance so many tymes, once they had defibrilators ready in case my heart stopped....i couldn t breathe......i still have that......i know all about the most horrific withdrawals and side effects..... These people are criminals and I was so stupid because i did not know how to core y stop these poisons, but i think i reacted to most of them and i just wanted to get rid of them!!!! 10 yrs of torture and severe mental and physical disabilities...

God bless us all!

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-switched AD,getting worse (maybe:Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin-diagnosed with bp

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-changed dr.,dropped Seroquel 300mg to 100mg !!!-

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Deat Altostrata,

The buspirone pill i can cut in half, then each half in four. So 8 pieces. That is how I have reduced it but it seemed i got worse......So after4 days i should feel better or feel the withdrawal? My symptoms sre so many and so horrible I don t know what is side effect, what is withdrawal grom buspirone, what is protracted withdrawal..... God i just want a little bit of normality to sleep without waking up in terror and pain and twiches and totally confused, soooo suicidal sometimes.....I mean to wake up and first thought is you killing yourself????? Or harming somebody else????? And not even being aware of what is happening whete i am ...it s like psychosis or delirium i don t know what what would be called.........paranoid like crazy and stiff and and clencehd and muscles pulling my head back, my spine too, etc etc

That so called doctor, i am too ill to complain.... Or can I do it via e mail without talking to anybody? I don t even know....

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Dear bdtd i will try to get to you i am in such a bad state

Thank you for being kind

Faith, I know it is unjustified. But you can not change the past. You can change only your future, that you survive.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I hope I'm not speaking out of place here..

But maybe as long as your making a start reducing try and not to worry about the withdrawal too much. I mean, it's already determined that you are taking a dangerous combination so the main aim is to reduce as Alto has advised. Just concentrate on (and I know it's so hard) what you can change and do. Right now you are taking control and reducing the first med..this is a start.

Xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

(((Faith)))  I want to share something that was posted to me from a moderator here, Peturnia.  I was in some of the very worst of it and I read this over and over because I know she was right.  I had expressed the fact that I didn't know how I was going to get through this and this was part of her reply:

"I've often asked myself this question and I've learned that the way to endure the unbearable is one moment at a time.  If we let ourselves think about future moments, it can seem too much, but we are always able to endure the one moment we have, then as each moment passes, we are slowly getting closer to that future moment which isn't quite so unbearable. "     Underline and bold are mine.  

I have gotten to a place where it is not so unbearable and I expect to get further still.  Even tho I'm having a bit of set back now, it is still not as bad as I was a few months ago. 

If you can reduce the amount of drugs in your system , I know you will begin to see a change.  Praying for you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

• Moderator Emeritus

Faith please listen to Alto, she is expert at this and knows more than most doctors.  I wish there was something we could do to lessen this for you but all we can do is be here for you and Alto can guide you through the stages of tapering. It does seem fast but she knows which drugs would cause the worst withdrawal symptoms and the worst  interactions and has a good idea which is best to go first. The combination is making you very sick. I hope your husband looks at this site sometime so he can see what is happening and support you.  You will get better, it will take a long time but you will get better and then you can make complaints about the treatment you have received. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you.

An important question please: How do I know that I do not have a paradoxical reaction to Clonazepam??? I mean all the rage, the tightening of my head, neck rigid as a rock, muscles on http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/windsor-psychiatrist-ravi-shenava-faces-more-patient-allegations-of-sexual-assaulttopof my head tight toght startled after waking startled really bad and hostile, aggresive, the paranoia, the sensitivity to light, noise, teeth pain, jaws clenched, the depression the crying, I wouldn t be able to sleep without the trazadone, weaking up wired and irritable as hell, keeping grudges , pounding heart and my aggresive behaviour irrational

What do you think????

Thank you mammaP and all everybody!

Altostrata when i fall asleep like a nap, i wake up crazy as i said above. What about this poison of clonazepam, I read about people with paradoxical reactions and similar symptoms.....God what have i done to deserve this? I must be a really unwanted person on this earth.

• Administrator

Given that you are taking 8 psychiatric drugs, it's impossible to say which is causing any particular symptoms.

Clonazepam is probably not the worst offender.

I've done my best to suggest what I would do in your situation. Taking charge and taking care of yourself is up to you. No one can do it for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I don't Know if someone wrοte it before  but I want to tell you: Don't think  all the hour how many drugs are you taking. There are many people who are damaged only with 2-3 pills from one drug - and maybe they are more damaged than you or they have a  very serious symptom which is worse and more debilitating than yours all together! 

On the other hand there are people who take benzos (for example) for 40 years and they have little or no problems.

I don't want to underestimate your situation (the crime for you is 1.000 times more hideous) but ...nobody Knows. You can recover faster and more easily than someone who tοοκ  one drug.
I wish you the best and good luck...

4 times on SSRI'S in the past, I have never had such serious problems.

Septemper 2013-November 2013: Paxil (60mg)

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

current dose: 0.87,5 mg.(8AM, 2PM, 8PM, 00-01AM)

Ricardo i am not even able to think because my mind "races" constantly, so many different altered states of mind like flipping through channels of a broken TV. I feel Possessed mind and body, no conyrol over my body or my mind....i don t know what can be worse than this....everything changes from a moment to another no stopping and it is pure Evil, it s like my body is constantly in a seisure of some kind , no stopping......i have to try to feed myself or to go to the washroom, i am probably dehydrated because i cannot move from bed to the kitchen , i am grasping for air almost constantly... And much more, tongue moving against teeth , grinding, pain like crazy in face eyes jsw body teethhead. ,body, nerves all over are hurting, sensations of things moving in my head that i want to smash it to the walls, csnnot take a shower, hard to recognize my family or interact with them, God knows how I manage to take the meds, fury, evilness... And things i cannot rxplain and hapen constantly ... Suicidal , homicidal , cannot comunicate, Possesed like .....what can be worse? bed ridden ....i have 2 kids.....no cooking, no housework,no homework( I can bately add 1+1)...out of my mind literally, writing these from an i phone while clenched and barely seeing (eyesight problems), cannot articulate words, cannot read a book.....just trying to stay alive and use my brain which is soooo limited to keep in touch with you guys and try to make sense of who what is writing

Faith, I am sorry that you have to suffer so much. We have to believe that it gets better.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Administrator

Faith, did you reduce buspirone today?

If not the buspirone, did you reduce the Wellbutrin?

You are having adverse effects from the drugs. I am very worried about you. When was the last time you went to the hospital and what did they prescribe for you there?

Dear Altostrata, i have been taking 10 mg + 5mg + 1/4of the 5mg for i don t know....a mth or maybe a bit more and I think i was much more tired, in that kind of "sleep" almost constantly, not hearing the alarm to take my meds many times, i think it was withdrawal ( from 10 mg + 5 mg + 1/2mg of 5mg), brainzaps, very very out, don t know if I was eating, akathisia, ....very out I barely remember, shaky hands and could not stay on my legs, trembling, wably and no coordination....so i went up again by 1/4 of 5mg bit of improvement....O could make my son a sandwich ( it was like a bit of a small "window" if i can call it that), and i am trying to remember if i ate..i ate some bluberries, and two sandwiches today i think, i had a couple of glases of water .

The last i was at the hospital was last summer, i mean last summer i got out after 1 yr of torture in that institution. When I got in the hospital I was on Zoloft and Valium, screwed up big time because i was trying to taper off valium, my friend that was helping me pushed me to do it faster....I got crazy burning all over all the horrid sumptoms that you can get and more....fear terror paranoia rigidity of neck head pressure like crazy and more more , then I got into hospital, I was blaming both the Zoloft and the decrease in valium, my previous dr changed Zoloft with Cipralex and the new dr started to detox me from valium fast.....he dropped 4mg of valium in one day!!!!! and gave me Abilify and something else at the same time!!!! I was Crazy in pain burning nerves all overu body , my neck got kind of sucked up in my body of horrible tension, i was crying, akathisia non stop pacing and pacing. And he decided to give me seroquel ..... I got nuts!!!!! After a mth he took out the seroquel i was crying constantly, pacing like crazy that damn prison hallway, i think i had seisures, they gote to ER, the dr there accused the valium crazy witjdrawal, and when she saw all yhe meds shr mentioned interactions, she couldn t do anything, gave me Ativan and I think Iv, it is a blurr..... I was alteady on Buspirone for benzo withdrawal, Gabapent for the same reason, Wellbutrin, Trazadone for sleep, Baclofen for cervical pain and muscle spasms rigidity...Propranolol, he almost killed me, i am a miracle, and he tried other antipsychotics on me, i had reactions, code red because i wasn t responding anymore, given injections to counteract.....His response: I Was Faking everything!!!!! Bastard. And now i am still in protracted withdrawal from valium.........and with a ton of meds to cover his Imbecility....and it was my fault i was so handicapped, I was faking it, I could not even communicate with anybody, my brain was shot, i think i was psychotic , deliriois, delusional for sure and still am... So that is when I got pit on all these medications....Three drs i had and all of them almost killed me.....and I could have killed myself a billion times and still fighting not to do it.....but there are sooooo many times when it is beyond my control.....however i think i am so disabled mentally and physically that i couldn t do it

And before that other hospitalizations, CT withdtawal from Clonazepam....laying in hospital bed almost lifeless......I have some flashbacks.... These people should be .... Shot

Faith, try to reduce one -one the drugs with Alto's way. You may  feel better immediatelly after the reduction. Many people don't exprerience w/d symptoms but only side effects. I cannot move from bed too due to dizziness. Υοur b@$d psychiatrist must be punished for this crime.

Yοu are very strong , you can quit most of the drugs and you will feel better. We have to fight, Faith. You are strong , your logic is still here, you can do it.

4 times on SSRI'S in the past, I have never had such serious problems.

Septemper 2013-November 2013: Paxil (60mg)

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

current dose: 0.87,5 mg.(8AM, 2PM, 8PM, 00-01AM)

God Bless Ricardo

• Administrator

Faith, if you don't want to reduce the buspirone, how about working on the Wellbutrin?

Although I almost never suggest someone go to the hospital, I think you are taking so many drugs that if you can't reduce them yourself, I would say go to the hospital and tell them you need to go off some of the drugs. I expect if they take you in, they won't taper, they'll immediately discontinue the drugs, which may make you very ill.

But you need to go off the drugs somehow. Are you going to focus on it and do it yourself? We can't do much for you here other than counsel you in this.

I was thinking hosp must be terrible to suffer so much and not go for help.  I see there are many reasons.. I am sorry none of this is your fault but leave it till later.  

I get your state I get not being able to get up.  Will your husband get you things you need it is important not to get dehydrated... pedialyte is what I recommend I know it is sweet but it works adding water if you can't take it helps too.  

I don't have any great insights but I  have found a couple of people along the way where I thought if I got into really big crap I would reach out to those who know and there are not many actually only one... I know her to be a sort of advocate/survivor no promises as I may not be able to find her and if I can find her I don't know if she will be able to assist in your area.  It is worth a shot. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I found a mental health advocate office gov't I suspect but the links seem broken in case it is temporary.. I will give it but this is not the lady I was thinking of still looking for her

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mohltc/ppao/en/Pages/SystemicAdvocacy.aspx?openMenu=smenu_SystemicAdvocacy

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Faith, please fight! You have to go down with your medicaments! You have to find this strenght in yourself.

symptoms OCD

So Altostrata which one do you think I should try to reduce? Pray you ll make the right decision. God no hospital . My thinking is very abnormal, maybe delusional i don t know how,having difficlty breathing, my body is wably and very heavy like glued to the bed,then i feel like moving, head tight with jaws temples, tongue glued to the theeth feel so tired heavy breathing, head is wably because of the neck not supporting it. No more hospital, if I die I die in my bed. Do you think they can help me there? I will stay with you guys

(((Faith)))  I want to share something that was posted to me from a moderator here, Peturnia.  I was in some of the very worst of it and I read this over and over because I know she was right.  I had expressed the fact that I didn't know how I was going to get through this and this was part of her reply:

"I've often asked myself this question and I've learned that the way to endure the unbearable is one moment at a time.  If we let ourselves think about future moments, it can seem too much, but we are always able to endure the one moment we have, then as each moment passes, we are slowly getting closer to that future moment which isn't quite so unbearable. "     Underline and bold are mine.  

I have gotten to a place where it is not so unbearable and I expect to get further still.  Even tho I'm having a bit of set back now, it is still not as bad as I was a few months ago. 

If you can reduce the amount of drugs in your system , I know you will begin to see a change.  Praying for you.

That is how i am surviving my hell.

Don t stop praying

God bless all of you!

Faith, what did you decide to do ?  Did you reduce the buspirone?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Maybe a person here that has access to Healy or the other doc who gives advice for cash... could try to pick their brains for free just this one time.. maybe. Just a thought. 

I hear you loud and clear Faith wishing you well. Peace 

Had a car accident in 85

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11847943/?i=3&from=/2247245/related

I don t understand this article, which one is worse, bupropion or buspirone??

I have those symptoms that they are talking about in there dystonya is it??? + iritability amd foggy foggy mind i cannot make decisions

It seems they can both cause dystonia 

There is a list here of drug that can cause it and suggested to be avoided.. but they also say some of these drug may oddly help..in other words they don't know that is what it means to me.. and it could be they don't know as we are all a bit different. 

http://www.spasmodictorticollis.org/index.cfm?pid=60

Had a car accident in 85

Faith, you have to let us know what you are doing, with the medication.  What  have you decided? Are you tapering?   Are you going to "hospital".?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Damn these drs i hope they all go to hell along with their poisons of meds.....making peopleliterly Crazy and disabled. This is worse than torture, this is pure Evil diabolical how can you fight with Evil when it ppossess your mind and body?????i can t even pray that s how screwed up my mind is... I feel pure evil, i live in a house if it were a building i would have jumped a looong time ago and right now.... akathisia damn you, I reduced 1/4 of 5 mg of Buspirone.... I think that wellbutrin is poison....bupropion.... Which one should i try to rduce?i am writing i have no idea to whom i am totally out; nuts, angry fury at anything i now this is not reality i am experiencing i now that!!it is a horrible altered state...i am in bed, can t see well, i am soo scared

If I were in your shoes and the hosp was completely out... (I would likely go to the hosp) with that off the list my next best bet?

I would try what Alto has to say.. it is the best we have.  

Had a car accident in 85

I don t know what to do with the meds....No hospital

Bupropion or Buspar decrease? I don t know!

Guys don t get mad with me

In the hospital they will give me more meds if they see me like this, don t you think?

I am decreasing the buspirone by 1/4th of 5 mg

Alto will hopefully chime in, but a quick look at the drug interactions looks like the Buspar is increasing the blood levels and/or action of several drugs, so when you reduce Buspar, it is like shaving a little off most everything. So that makes it very hard, and very helpful, if you can just hold steady and pull it off. Hopefully Alto can confirm or correct that theory.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old