Sai108 - how to cure cfs ,dry mouth no saliva,frequent urination,ocd-constant repetation of songs

sai108

Hello every one can any tell me how long it will take to recover completely i had my last pill almost 21 months or may be 2 years i dont know excatly i had stop cold turkey .i was on paxil cr 25 mg and 12.5 after wards started from 2002.the withdralwa symptoms are getting worst from the last 8 to 9 months,,-this include loss of appetite,almost no cravings for hunger,extremely dry mouth and no saliva,lost 4 to 5 kgs of weight i m now 40 kgs .extreme tiredness ,lethargyand chronic constipation,frequent urination almost 60 to 70 times alternatalely days non stop music going on in my head and cannt concentrate consiuosly,crying speells,is these serotonin decifiecny and how much time brain will take to heal and serotonin receptors to work,and emotional,mental and physical state to become normal on feeling good level and on receptor level please rply me

how to cure cfs ,dry mouth no saliva,frequent urination,ocd-constant repetation of songs,i was on paxil cr 25 mg and 12.5 from 2002 and quitted cold turkey for almost 22 to 24 months till today.from last 8 to 9 months i experiecne extreme anxiety,cfs,frequent urination for almost 40 to 50 times in the alternate days ,extreme dry mouth and no saliva some days i get the saliva,no appitite,no hunger can only eat fully eat once a day and all the other time on yoghurt ,spinach ,fuits etc,lack of energy ,getting tired even doing nithing hard work,almost on bed when doing nothing ,was a spiritual book reader and was able to read for hours without disturbance but not cannt concentrate for more than 10 mins because of constant music playing on and on in my head lost almost 4 to 5 kgs of weight now i m 40 kg.can any one tell me it it because of serotonin deficeincy and how much time it will take to regenrate serotonin and its receptors and work again and become normal on emotoional,mental and physical level.i m currently on homepathy medicine and doing accupressure points by self ,doing relaxation technequies,and genarting postivite emotions and positive thinking as i had searched on the google about neuro plasticity .what are the ways to heal the brain faster can any one tell me sorry for my english

Wow CT is definitely not the way to quit these drugs.

Noticed you mentioned dry mouth. I had that too but surprisingly it was pointed out to me by my dentist. He suggested chewing gum to try to get the saliva forming again. 

You dont happen to have grooves appear in your tongue do you ? I do and i believe it was caused by paroxetine.

Omega 3 and magnesium are rec here if you search around you will find stuff on this.

Gee they are dishing out these poisons in India too. You might like to put your drug sig up.

Bet they dont have people in North Korea suffering ssri wdl ! 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Sai108,

Hi and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants

I merged your two posts (because they are very similar) and moved them to here in the introductions forum.  This is your own personal thread to ask questions, seek support, document what's happening for you.   Please come back here when you want to add something that is about you and your situation.  Its easy, just start typing your new post in the reply to this post box.

Can I also ask you to complete your signature.  Instructions on how to do that are here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Yaa surely nz11 i will follow ur instructions about omega 3 and magnesium is there any ways i can get directly from fruits and vegges directly please i u know then let me know and ty dalsaan for ur signature instructions.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Sai, welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.  It is so sad that you are still suffering after 2 years, but unfortunately this is what happens for some people. Have you had any tests done by the doctor to rule out any other causes for you feeling so ill?  Most of the time tests come back fine but occasionally there may be another condition that is responsible but we all tend to blame withdrawal!    Healing takes time and the best way to help it along is to take good care of yourself which you seem to be doing already.  A good healthy diet is very important, many find the paleo or gaps diets help but they are not an option for vegetarians.  A good probiotic will help to get the gut working properly, it helped me a lot and I can feel it if I run out of my probiotics. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/890-scdgapspaleo-diets/?view=findpost&p=25707&hl=diet

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1229-probiotics-and-gut-health/?view=findpost&p=26917&hl=diet

You will find lots of topics in the symptoms and self care section, this link has a list of the important topics there. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/606-important-topics-about-tests-supplements-treatments-diet/

It helps to get out and take a gentle walk each day if you can manage it,  the fresh air is really good for us and it is amazing 

how much better we feel after a short walk.  

I'm glad that you are here, we help and support each other and we all know how terrible withdrawal can be. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I drink hemp milk. Just found out today it has omega 3. I cannot take fish oil either.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

Namaste Sai , welcome to the site.

Unfortunately the pattern you describe is familiar to many of us - things seem okay for a while after stopping ad's , then get

significantly worse between the 9 and 12 month mark.  I'm so sorry you're still having such severe symptoms.

All of the symptoms you've mentioned are fairly typical , and do seem to fade after a point.  Until then , you need to take

special care to keep up nutrition and minimize stress.   Acupressure , relaxation , generating positive thoughts and emotions are

all good things to be doing , but no one can say how long recovery will take.

I've been having very impressive results from CES therapy (cranial electro stimulation therapy) which sends microcurrents of electricity

across the brain.    Details are in my thread , or in a topic in Symptoms and Self Care called "AlphaStim , Fisher Wallace , Pons. . . "

Best wishes and blessings ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Sai,

I have experienced frequent urination, repetitive songs, loss of appetite, etc from Zoloft.

Things will improve in time. Best of luck!

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Sai,

I'm not sure if your question was for Hopefull, but to answer the part about how long it takes to heal, everyone is different so its impossible to know. The best thing you can do is take care of yourself with a healthy lifestyle and diet, avoid alcohol, caffeine and drugs that effect your brain and try to accept that its going to take some time.

There's a lot of good information in our Symptoms and self-care  section.

I was on ADs for over 13 years and stopped too fast. I was also taking other medications which have made my situation worse. I've been sick for a few years, but I'm recovering slowly, and you will too.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes