SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

pillprob: My Story

pillprob

Dear Skyler. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't leave me to die.

Over the past two weeks I have been at my all time low. As I left my therapist's office this last Friday, I was to go straight to my psychiatrist and attempt to get an anti-depressant for the totally horrendous depression/anxiety I was going through, which he wrote up one for Bentellix.

Then I was to check into the psychiatric hospital a few miles from my home. Not by his choice but by mine. I lost it at his office.

I felt that I was doomed to suicide or go to the hospital and let them take control. I almost resigned myself to this. I AM GOING TO BE HONEST WITH YOU AND PLEASE DO NOT END OUR RELATIONSHIP AS I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I had already decided to follow your advice with the three daily doses of .25 a day. About a week ago, I really felt like the Ativan was starting to make me extremely depressed (ok maybe it is just a wave from the Paxil withdrawal but I sure cannot differentiate)so I decided I should get off of it so all I did was to cut those three quarters down by a few points with a gram scale.

I think that possibly it has set off a whirlwind of terror and doom. PLEASE understand that I respect your experience and knowledge. I am just VERY SCARED.

Depression was my original illness and so when I felt that the Ativan might be contributing to my depression, I panicked. Just before typing this letter to you I pretty much resigned in my mind that I am going to go completely insane if I don't commit suicide and I called my friend that was supposed to come by and I old him I was going to the hospital.

Nevertheless, I felt that once I got to the hospital my life was over and I would be in a locked facility. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME. My parent's left me when they divorced and I cannot bare you leaving me to deal with something that I'm failing to handle properly.

Will you please explain what might be going on with this Ativan and what I'm up against and please also continue to work with me on getting this under control? I am hopeless but hanging on for your instructions. From here on out I will follow everything you say.

But please if I have a concern like the one I have been having with the depression, please don't make it so I am afraid to express my concerns or my experiences with the suggestions you might give me. I really desperately need your instructions because I am clueless and terrified.

I don't want to die. I have a sick wife that needs me. I have been sitting here crying because I have started to believe that I am never going to get well and be able to comfort her and do what I can to help make her life as happy as possible. I cannot do anything for her now because of my condition and this devastates me. Nothing seems to be going right with this drug problem. PLEASE HELP.

UPDATE: I just updosed my ativan by .25  and my depression has gone way up. I  am getting very scared and hopeless.

Started Paxil  for major depression at around 25. Up to 60 mg fast.

Started weening at around 22nd year on it. Was cutting tiny bits on a very accurate pharmacy scale weekly and sometimes by weekly. Took around a year and a half.

When I got to 10 mg, I tapered off of that in about 7 or 8 weeks. Too fast

Stopped Paxil Oct 17 2014

At approximately six months off Paxil after a short course of antibiotics, developed major panic anxiety attacks.

Started taking 1 mg of Ativan for about 3 weeks for this.

Then on forth week tried to take Ativan ever other day or every two days. Stated experiencing withdrawal. Now I am trying to stabilize on .75, by taking .25 every 8 hours (.25 at 7am, .25 at 3pm .25 11pm)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pillprob

• btdt

• Skyler

• Petunia

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I did not abandon you.... I had given you all the advice I had and I can't deal with all your hysteria.  You need to get a grip... and no one else can do this for you.

HOLD the K at .25 mgs three times a day for several months. 

It seems you cut your dose using a scale... Again, I do not advise on how to use scales because they are more difficult to use than a liquid, and it does not sound like you even know for sure how much you cut.. almost assuredly the cut varied and was more than 10%.

Now you have updosed? Truly, there is nothing I can say... You are hurting yourself and must decide if you want to trust our advice regarding whether to hold, or not. It's up to you!

I will revisit the steps you need to take several months from now and not before.  To taper off K. you will need to make a liquid solution, something we will give you instructions for at the time.

And now you have added Bentallix, though I cannot fault your psychiatrist as it must exceedingly difficult to deal with your demands which are extreme.  We are here to help people to get off drugs, and I have no comment.. it's up to you if you want to continue to add more medication to the mix you are now taking.

Your anxiety is your worst enemy... more than the pills.

Edited

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Dear Skyler. Please forgive me. I am very sick. I have not taken the Bentrillex. I don't intend to. He kind of pushed it on me and I didn't argue.

I will do exactly as you say. Today I went over everything you sent me and I believe that you are an expert with allot of experience.

I am so very sorry for coming of as a hysterical nut and I am ashamed of the person I have become from these drugs. The only time I updosed was today by taking an extra .25 between the 3pm dose and the 11pm dose (at around 7) because of the increased anxiety I had.

I was thinking that maybe your plan B might be a good option which you told me to take .25 four times a day every six hours. I just want to ask you that if the .25 every eight hours loses effectiveness I could go with that plan.  I will follow plan A or plan B for several months as you say and wait for the next step. Thank you.

Started weening at around 22nd year on it. Was cutting tiny bits on a very accurate pharmacy scale weekly and sometimes by weekly. Took around a year and a half.

At approximately six months off Paxil after a short course of antibiotics, developed major panic anxiety attacks.

Then on forth week tried to take Ativan ever other day or every two days. Stated experiencing withdrawal. Now I am trying to stabilize on .75, by taking .25 every 8 hours (.25 at 7am, .25 at 3pm .25 11pm)

• Moderator Emeritus

The only time I updosed was today by taking an extra .25 between the 3pm dose and the 11pm dose (at around 7) because of the increased anxiety I had.

I was thinking that maybe your plan B might be a good option which you told me to take .25 four times a day every six hours. I just want to ask you that if the .25 every eight hours loses effectiveness I could go with that plan.  I will follow plan A or plan B for several months as you say and wait for the next step.

And that may be the problem. You are still looking to pills to take care of your anxiety.  What happens when you go back to 1 mg and you have an anxious spot?  In other words, what are the symptoms you have that make you think increasing the K. to 1 mg would be a good idea?  Are you starting to get symptomatic before the next dose when you are taking Ativan 3 times a day (total .75 mgs.), so you feel better after you take the additional .25 mgs, But then the anxiety gets worse an hour before the next dose, so is the anxiety cyclical, or are you feeling pretty much equally anxious throughout the 24 hr. day..

Pillprob… I will work this out with you today, but you will need to deal with your anxiety until it’s time to taper a few months down the road without further input from me.  I can’t go back to handholding. I don’t have the patience, and in any event, it did not improve the outcome.  In other words, though I won't respond to posts about ongoing anxiety issues, I will help you develop a taper when the time comes.

Just please remember, every time you tweak your dose and thereby cause further CNS destabilization, you add to the length of time before you can start to taper.  This is up to you... not me.  It's your responsibility and you are the only one who can taper off.

I'm going to leave this conversation in the main thread because you rely on support from the moderators who oversee this forum, and outside of a minor change if you increase from .75 mgs to 1 mg a day.. the plan remains the same.  HOLD

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Ok Skyler. I am holding. Thank you

I think your contribution to your wife's care is priceless.

EDIT: Sorry, that is totally out of context. I thought I was at the end of your thread but it was the end of a page. However, it is very true.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I second Skyler's caution on Brintellix, Pill. Glad you're not taking it at the moment.

Not here to muddy the waters, so feel free to revisit later if you are thinking about another antidepressant.

Brintellix hit the market last year with a claim that it targets 6 serotonin receptors. Brintellix has been discussed a length on crazyboards, and it does not look impressive to me. Some drug reps on cafepharma make fun of it, and they talk about the pressure from above to push it. More to the point, clinical trials are lackluster at best, as with all antidepressants. RxIsk.org already questions it based on on dramatic adverse event (the patient survived, thank goodness.)

It makes me wonder about the doc who prescribed it. To me, it's a bit of a red flag, but I don't want to be alarmist.

Two rhetorical questions...meant only as food for thought...

Is the doctor aware of your level of distress?

If so, is he/she a serious student of pharmacology, or overly prone to pressure from sales reps?

This is not your biggest problem right now, I realize. But it might be that there is a better doctor near you.

wc

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Moderator Emeritus

The only time I updosed was today by taking an extra .25 between the 3pm dose and the 11pm dose (at around 7) because of the increased anxiety I had.

I was thinking that maybe your plan B might be a good option which you told me to take .25 four times a day every six hours. I just want to ask you that if the .25 every eight hours loses effectiveness I could go with that plan.  I will follow plan A or plan B for several months as you say and wait for the next step.

And that may be the problem. You are still looking to pills to take care of your anxiety.  What happens when you go back to 1 mg and you have an anxious spot?  In other words, what are the symptoms you have that make you think increasing the K. to 1 mg would be a good idea?  Are you starting to get symptomatic before the next dose when you are taking Ativan 3 times a day (total .75 mgs.), so you feel better after you take the additional .25 mgs, But then the anxiety gets worse an hour before the next dose, so is the anxiety cyclical, or are you feeling pretty much equally anxious throughout the 24 hr. day...

Pillprob..  you did not answer my question above.  I'm trying to figure out if you are still having Interdose Withdrawal.. it is entirely possible you dialed it back some, but that it's still effecting you.  I don't want you to increase to 1 mg. of Ativan because of the generic groundswell of anxiety you have, but I think you should be dosing every 6 hours.. possibly even more frequently.  Unfortunately you are at the point where you need to switch to making a liquid for that purpose or you need to updose so you can take .25 mgs every 6 hours.

Think man.. do you have a withdrawal pattern so that the symptoms start to decrease about an hour after you take a dose, the start to increase again in 3 hours..

I surely want to understand this so I can give you the best answer.

I have been feeling very bad. I believe that the real reason the panic attacks started a couple of months ago was because I was starting to realize that I was starting to have long terrible waves of depression around that time and it put me in a panic.

These have not gotten better. I'm kind of in a permanent wave. No pleasure, no motivation, no will, just strong apathy. Let me answer your question. I took .25 at 11 pm last night.

When I woke up this morning at 7am, yes I did have those beginning feelings of dread like I needed to go to the hospital (where I know it will be no good for me). So I took my .25 dose at 7pm and the panicky feelings slowly subsided but what I am left with is apathy and wanting to sleep.

I went with my friend to the grocery store and then to the barber so he could get a haircut. It was not anything fun and I still was a bit antsy and just wanted to get back home. The benefit I get from the Ativan is small and it just takes away a bit of the agitation but underneath there is still much uneasiness, apathy and depression.

When we got home, I was glad to be able to lay down and nod off for maybe a half an hour. At about 2:30 , I kind of start to "come to" and my thoughts start to get going a bit and it scared me a bit. What is a bit scary is I just took this .25 at 3pm and it kind of seems like it actually adds a bit of agitation.

As I am typing this, it is 3:25. I am still a bit agitated, I think because it is the middle of a nice sunny hot day and I want to be happy and be able to do something for my wife like take her out to lunch. Instead I am sitting here balling because I don't have those feelings within me and I am just taking the ativan to numb out and probably fall asleep.

This is a terrible feeling. I am just praying that this is Paxil withdrawal and I will somehow see some hope soon but it just don't seem that way. The windows are just not there. If their is anything I did not answer or missed, please let me know. I cannot begin to understand my bad feelings and this long wave seems infinite.

UPDATE: It is now 3:45 and I have become a bit calmer but I am sad. I am sad for my wife. I am sad that I have to take your time or anyone's time to try and help me figure out my problems. This is no way to live.

• Moderator Emeritus

....  but I'm not sure when you are taking the doses.  You should put the times in your sig line.  If I'm correct, you were taking doses at 7 AM, 3 PM and 11 PM?  I'm trying to follow the symptom pattern you describe, so I need to make sure the times are at those hours, and not just 8 hours apart (I am glad you are spacing the doses evenly.. good job there)

If so, I don't understand why you would take a dose at 7PM... did you mean 7 AM and it was a typo?  See below:

>When I woke up this morning at 7am, yes I did have those beginning feelings of dread like I needed to go to the hospital (where I know it will be no good for me). So I took my .25 dose at 7pm and the panicky feelings slowly subsided but what I am left with is apathy and wanting to sleep.

Let me know if I have the times correct, and I'll reread your last post.  It sounds like you are still having interdose withdrawal, just not quite as badly as before.  There are two ways you can handle this now... you can updose .25 mgs, so you are taking that amount 4 times a day, and splitting the tablets would be good enough.  Or, you can stay at .75 mgs and start to make up a liquid... then you could dose 5 times a day without the increase.

But first give me the times, and let me reread, then we will revisit the options.. just think about what I suggest in the paragraph above for now.

Very sorry Skyler. Yes that is a typo.....7am, 3pm and 11pm    (.25 each dose) Thank you

I definitely agree that the four doses would be better.  Or if you think the liquid is better. But I surely don't trust my opinion.  Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

Pill... you are still having interdose withdrawal.  It takes 1 to 1.5 hours to reach peak concentration with Ativan. Check out what you say happens around 3 PM...

>At about 2:30 , I kind of start to "come to" and my thoughts start to get going a bit and it scared me a bit. What is a bit scary is I just took this .25 at 3pm and it kind of seems like it actually adds a bit of agitation.

>As I am typing this, it is 3:25. I am still a bit agitated, I think because it is the middle of a nice sunny hot day and I want to be happy and be able to do something for my wife like take her out to lunch. Instead I am sitting here balling because I don't have those feelings within me and I am just taking the ativan to numb out and probably fall asleep.

Your thoughts start to ramp up because your Ativan  blood level is low. If you feel agitation within minutes, it's still interdose withdrawal.. you would not start to feel sedated for 45 mins to an hour.  You are also most likely crying because of interdose withdrawal.  In fact, I think alot of the depression that's scaring you is because you are in withdrawal.  When I first started to taper K., I had interdose withdrawal with that...   I took it once a day and for some reason, it never occurred to me to take it twice.. probably because I thought I needed it all at night for insomnia.  In any case, what happened... I'd be feeling relatively okay, then it was like I took a long slow slide... by 5 PM every day I was balling my eyes out.  I felt sooooo depressed.  ugh.. it was awful.  Sound familiar?

Unfortunately, you are going to be stuck with some of the lassitude.. the sedated feeling.  Most likely, this will mostly wear off over time, but I'm hesitant to ask you to go up to 1 mg four times a day, but that leaves you with doing a liquid taper, and I'm not real happy about that direction either, given thoughts about the process (easy peasy once you get used to it!.. I promise) make you anxious.

Think it over... you need do need to dose more often.

>I have been feeling very bad. I believe that the real reason the panic attacks started a couple of months ago was because I was starting to realize that I was starting to have long terrible waves of depression around that time and it put me in a panic.

And for goodness sakes, why are you so afraid of being depressed?  When did you take the AB?  How long ago was that?

Unfortunately, you are going to be stuck with some of the lassitude.. the sedated feeling.  Most likely, this will mostly wear off over time, but I'm hesitant to ask you to go up to 1 mg four times a day, but that leaves you with doing a liquid taper, and I'm not real happy about that direction either, given thoughts about the process (easy peasy once you get used to it!.. I promise) make you anxious.

1. Did you mean .25 four times a day?

2. Liquid taper is better?

Are you saying the sedation will wear off and I won't have anxiety when it does?

And for goodness sakes, why are you so afraid of being depressed?  When did you take the AB?  How long ago was that?

What is
AB? Why am I so afraid of being depressed? Depression is a killer. Depression keeps me from being happy or doing anything. No pleasure in anything. Have you had depression?

• Moderator Emeritus

1. Did you mean .25 four times a day?

2. Liquid taper is better?

3. Are you saying the sedation will wear off and I won't have anxiety when it does?

What is AB? Why am I so afraid of being depressed?

Depression is a killer. Depression keeps me from being happy or doing anything. No pleasure in anything. Have you had depression?

.25 mgs 4 times a day is one choice, problem is it will make you feel more sedated.. at least until you body gets accustomed.  A liquid taper is better because you would be able to stay at .75 mgs and split that into 4 doses.  The down side, and the one that makes me think updosing might be better, is the liquid could make you feel zippy until you get used to it, and you already seem to be having those symptoms with when the ativan blood level falls...  The reason the liquid makes some feel more 'zippy' is because the liquid is absorbed faster. 

AB.. antibiotic. 

I just told you I had depression associated with withdrawal from Klonopin.. ?  It sounds like you have elements of a major depressive disorder however.. one that is separate from withdrawal... and the withdrawal then causes more depression, so you think it may set off another major depression?  The withdrawal may cause depression that seems to feel the same, but there is every reason to think it is not the same...

so should i go with the updose 4 times a day? maybe this is best

• Moderator Emeritus

PS.. thing is, you may need to split the dose so you take it 5 times a day.. and then you will need to use a liquid.

If you want to try the liquid, we can go in easy steps.  First get the few items you need, a pill bottle, and a couple of oral syringes... then you can practice.  It's much easier when you can follow what is being discussed, and getting the necessary items is not difficult.

• Moderator Emeritus

so should i go with the updose 4 times a day? maybe this is best

Check the message I just entered above your reply.. it's not a clear decision.. let's think over the options, then you can decide.

I think, if I were you, I'd go for the updose first, then if you need to take 5 doses.. just break off a few fragments from the .5 mg pieces and take that to make up the last dose.  Not perfect, but I think it might be good enough.

• Moderator Emeritus

Pill... this suggestion is not optimal, but it could be good enough.  (I'm really reluctant to ask you to updose unless there are no other options).  I don't know if this would work, but do you think you can nibble about a quarter of the .5 mg. pieces and use that for a fourth dose?  So split the tablets, then nibble a small piece off each of the .25 mg pieces for the AM dose (for example).  If you try to cut them for that small amount, I'm concerned you will lose some of the powder and not get equivalent doses for the 24 hour cycle.. but if you can nibble about a quarter of each tablet, then take what remains for the next three doses.  How about giving that a try?  And you can leave a 7 hr window for sleep if you want, but divide the other times as evenly as possible.

I'm not understanding. You mean just do .25  four times a day? Is that what i should be doing?

• Moderator Emeritus

You can take .25 mgs 4 times a day.  Or you could try making 4 doses out of the three .25 mg doses.  You could do this by taking the three .25 pieces you would take for the day, and for the first dose, nibble a small corner off each, then take the what remains of the three tablets for each of the next doses.

So, at 7 AM.. nibble a corner about 1/4 in size, off each of the three pieces.

At 1 PM, take what remains.. about 18 mgs.. of the tablet.

At 7 PM do the same..

At 1 PM, do the same... then repeat the next day.

Also... now, you are splitting 2 tablets, and taking 3 halves in one day.  Are you rotating the bigger and smaller sized halves, then taking the 4 halve the second day for the first dose?

Also... now, you are splitting 2 tablets, and taking 3 halves in one day.  Are you rotating the bigger and smaller sized halves, then taking the 4 halve the second day for the first dose?

Really confused. What you are saying above means I would be taking 1 and a half mgs a day..Is that right?

I just want to take .25 every 6 hrs four times a day. Isn't that the best way?

Also, i just want to make note that at this moment, I am really agitated. I don't know what's going on. I feel like  I may need an AD, which I am dreading

• Moderator Emeritus

NO!!!

But given the confusion, yes, take .5 mgs every 6 hours.  Let's do it the easy way.

>Also, i just want to make note that at this moment, I am really agitated. I don't know what's going on. I feel like  I may need an AD, which I am dreading

That's up to you... you do not need to get into a state.. but it is your choice.  That said, I'm for doing this the easy way.

ok Skyler. Thanks for all your help

I'm having akathesia bad

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm having akathesia bad

Why do you think you are getting akathisia now, and what do you think would help?

I don't know Skyler. I guess I am not able to deal with my wife's condition like a man. Withdrawal from paxil, ativan problems, My wife. How does a person deal with so much at once?

all these things happening at once with a brain in post acute withdrawal. My nervous system cannot handle the enviromental stressors

• Moderator Emeritus

Just do what you can...

I'm going to let you check in for the next couple of days to see how you are doing... let us know if you feel any better with the doses split into four.

Please forgive me for asking this. As the weeks go on at this dose, will it eventually poop out and be less effective and require updosing?

• Moderator Emeritus

Please forgive me for asking this. As the weeks go on at this dose, will it eventually poop out and be less effective and require updosing?

You updosed to be able to manage interdose withdrawal.  As long as you keep taking doses at frequent enough intervals so your blood levels remain even, that should not be a problem.  You may need to split into a fifth dose, but perhaps not.. the peak for Ativan is not as short as it is for Xanax.. so let's hope this does the trick.

You may not believe this, but I don't know what poop out is.  I could take a guess, and you are asking because you are feeling anxious.  As stated previously, I'll help you taper.. but you need to take care of your anxiety.

We have spent half the day getting things straightened out and I'm ready to melt back into the woodwork.  I'll be watching for a report on how you are doing with the change.

Over and outta here for now.

ok Skyler. Thanks so much

Hi Skyler (and anyone else that wants to reply if they can relate).

My anxiety has taken on a "new identity". This is a very weird feeling and I will try to describe it the best I can. For the past week or so, the anxiety at times led to panic and was a feeling that was more on the surface and I would feel like I was going to lose control or go crazy.

Now it's a bit different and it's similar to a feeling I remember having when I first started having depression when I was about twenty or so. Instead of my anxiety being on the surface, it feels like it went deep down inside my body to protect me and keep me from feeling it so I guess you could say that it has kind of morphed into akathesia and then I feel like I have this tension on my forehead.

Just a day or two ago I was able to express my anxiety to some degree and kind of moan in distress, although it seemed like something was blocking me from fully expressing all of it like I was afraid I was going to lose control. Now it feels like it's kind of locked up deep inside me and I cannot cry or express myself.

I feel like I am in kind of constant fight or flight. It's a terrible feeling because it keeps me from feeling my emotions or it feels like I am numb. Deep down I feel like I want to snap or scream but it left the surface. My psychologist seems to think that it is unexpressed grief or repressed emotions.

I can't figure out what it is but it's very uncomfortable and it's constant. I also remember that when I was young and I had this feeling, once the antidepressant kicked in, this feeling went away. This is a horrible way to live. It's a feeling of not being able to loosin up. It's a feeling of constant tenseness. Has anybody else felt this way and have any opinion's on this?

I feel this way 24/7.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

The akathisia has pretty much subsided. The inner restlessness has come to the front. Maybe this morphing of symptoms is a good sign.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

How long ago did you take the antibiotic I know you likely said already but I have a memory issue lately?  I know you say you were off paxil for six months before you took the antibiotic but I can't guess how long ago that was from this date today. Maybe a smarter me could sort it but not this me I have now. 

Were you on paxil 60mg for 22 years?  Tapered a year or so..to 10mg..... slowed at 10mg tapered to 0 in 7-8 wks. 

Then six months after end of paxil taper you had the antibiotic.

How did you feel for those 6 months after the paxil taper before the antibiotic? 

How long after the antibiotic did you start the ativan?

Did you take the ativan while you were still on the antibiotic? 

You took only 1mg of ativan... per day to start with and the dose was split or it was just one pill?

After 3wks on ativan you tried to do an every other day taper felt bad and now trying to get stable on 75mg.  

Now you are going to take .25mg every 6 hours to get back to where you were at the 1mg and hopefully get stable. 

I think I have it right but I am just checking for clarity for myself... as I could be wrong. 

Thanks

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

You updosed to be able to manage interdose withdrawal.  As long as you keep taking doses at frequent enough intervals so your blood levels remain even, that should not be a problem.  You may need to split into a fifth dose, but perhaps not.. the peak for Ativan is not as short as it is for Xanax.. so let's hope this does the trick.

You may not believe this, but I don't know what poop out is.  I could take a guess, and you are asking because you are feeling anxious.  As stated previously, I'll help you taper.. but you need to take care of your anxiety.

We have spent half the day getting things straightened out and I'm ready to melt back into the woodwork.  I'll be watching for a report on how you are doing with the change.

Over and outta here for now.

I don't know what poop out is

Pooped out is tolerance - still taking the drug it is not working like it did... and often wd symptoms start.  

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)