SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Ashbash30: PGAD newcomer

Ashbash30

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashbash30

• Fresh

• Broken

• Hopefull

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Please use search in this forum to see Intro topics where this has happened.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

But Fresh, I actually don't have time. I suffer from chronic uti's too. Yes, I have a uti, and it is in fact a uti, not interstitial cystitis, not s pain syndrome, a low grade uti, and I see a urologist in NY for it. I stopped his antibiotic, bc it reduced my estrogen levels while I was weaning up the Zoloft, and my PGAD symptoms appeared, as a sudden onset, although it could've been manifesting for a while prior. I have to go back on the antibiotic to treat my low grade uti. So I don't have time. What withdrawal symptoms did you experience? Are you referring to PGAD induced withdrawl symptoms?

I'm really sorry for repeating, I know how to edit a post, but not how to delete one, hahalol.. I'll get it I hope! Sorry I'm computer illiterate.. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

That was one of them ash , but there are a slew of withdrawal symptoms.

This is what severe withdrawal can look like:  

me 14 months ago.

After you do a post , wave the hand around at the bottom next to Multiquote , and EDIT comes up.   You can edit for one hour after

posting.   I don't know how to delete either.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

It is ash , I was one very sick puppy for about 5 months.   Please please don't risk it , the slowness thing isn't just to frustrate us.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I was put on ad's in my twenties for situational depression.   You can read my story in "Fresh's Fractured Fairytale"

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8452-freshs-fractured-fairytale-how-much-can-a-koala-bear/?hl=%2Bfresh%26%2339%3Bs+%2

The disorder I've suffered from for all these years is neurotoxicity due to the antidepressants I was taking.

I'm taking 33mg pristiq now and doing best ever.

(and I've really got the hang of posting links now , lol)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Ashbash,

I hope you are doing well. My PGAD symptoms have disappeared. I don't know anything about cross tappering.

At the end of the day, do what feels right for you.

If ad's are helping you than stick with it. Just be careful. Best wishes, hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ashbash,

I was reading through posts on Broken's thread and need to point out that some of your comments are against our rules:

What will get you warned or banned

- Drug shopping or recommending drugs
This is a site for going off drugs. It is not a site for finding out what drug to take next, comparing drug cocktails, or recommending what drug to add. This could be dangerous. People could be hurt by your advice.

If you want to discuss your diagnoses and talk about adding to your drug cocktail, there are other support sites for this, such as http://depression.com or http://PatientsLikeMe.com.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Not quite sure what the "purpose" is here. Are you trying to "taper" ?   Or hang on to your " drugs".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Sorry, on re -reading that, came across as judgemental. I didn't mean it that way. Just curious, and very tired  !!  LOL.  Insomnia, tonight. 4.30 am here.!  Desperately need some "shuteye".    Take care.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ashbash,

How are you doing?

Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Yes, this is torturous. I developed the "disorder" earlier in the week. I am not currently coming off antidepressants. Although I have been on that merry go round in the past. Got off of them long ago, but then had some issues with ativan and the like (issues like doctors started me on them for stress, smoking cessation, etc, and now will not give them to me anymore. But I digress.)

But what I have been taking is lortab--frequently for the past few weeks. About every day. Does anyone know if this could somehow be related?? I started having bladder trouble first, a couple weeks ago. I have always had periods of my life in which my bladder would start acting up. Never have gotten any answers as to that, either. Why it would just come and go like that (I'm only 33; such issues have been coming up periodically since I was in my mid twenties). 

Anyway, so now this pgad is going on and it's awful. So irritating and distracting. And the worst thing is that I'm also in the midst of a divorce, trying to start up a new career, salvage my online business, pack to move and figure out where I'm moving to. . . I literally do not have time to deal with this :( I'm so upset. I also have had restless leg syndrome on and off in my life. My mother has that as well. This does feel a lot like restless leg!. . . just in my pelvis and genitals instead :( My god, wish it could just be in my legs. . . Anyway, the restless leg has always gone away eventually. Please let this be the same. . .

But could the lortab use have anything to do with it? Any opinions?

Many apologies for the disjointed writing of this post. It's late and I'm stressed. . . And thank you to all who have posted and shared!!!

Who knows? The doctors certainly won't.

I too have PGAD after withdrawing from the antidepressant Sertraline, it's been almost a year now for myself.

If you would like some more information on what might be causing it you can read my posts on the PGAD thread by clicking on the link below.

I'm truly sorry you have developed this horrendous condition, hopefully it will be short lived.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4587-persistent-genital-arousal-disorder-pgad/page-4#entry157702

December 2008 Prescribed 20mg citalopram (celexa) for depression and OCD.July 2013 stopped taking citalopram (celexa). November 2013 reinstated citalopram (celexa) following replapse at 20mg for 4 weeks, 40mg for 4 weeks and tapered off over 4 weeks as my condition had deteriorated. February 2014 started 20mg of fluoxetine (prozac). Didn't tolerate it and stopped 4 weeks later, experienced no withdrawal. May 2014 started 25mg of sertraline (zoloft), increased to 50mg after 1 week. Remained at 50mg for 4 weeks before increasing to 100mg at the request of my psychiatrist despite advising of suicidal ideation for an additional week before stopping. Advised to drop to 50mg for 3 days before withdrawing altogether. I did as advised and horrendous withdrawal ensued. 11th August 2014 commenced escitalopram (lexapro), weaned off end of October 2014. Commenced Clonazepam December 2014 0.5mg twice daily, switched to Diazepam 10mg twice daily with a view to tapering of the benzodiazepine altogether. Tapering schedule presently at a reduction of 1mg of Diazepam every 1-2 weeks depending upon side effects. So far experienced no severe physical side effects except worsening of PGAD symptoms upon reduction which does seem to improve within a few days of doing so. Presently taking no antidepressants however still experiencing mild agitation, severe depression and PGAD which is currently being treated by a physiotherapist.

• 7 months later...

Hi Ashbash,

How are you doing?

It has been a long time since you have posted.

DRUG HISTORY: