pocketnurse: intense muscle pain

pocketnurse

• Administrator

pocketnurse, please let us know how you're doing on 5mg every day. It will take at least 4 days to ramp up to full effect. If it starts to be too stimulating, you're taking too much -- cut the dose down to 1mg.

Please review those sleep tips, they still could help a lot.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am really disappointed to have gone back on to meds but I just don,t know what else to do. To be honest I have never really not felt low in mood over the last 4-5 years it's like the cloud has been there but just on the perimeter. I don't intend on staying on Citalopram for long, may be when the winter is over and the sun comes out I will begin that taper again. I don't believe in the low Serotonin idea but I do believe that my brain has got so used to being medicated that I struggle without it-- may be permanent damage has happened over the 15 or so years since being on meds. 

I think the most important factor in my "recovery" is a change of lifestyle but as I have said I just don't know how this can happen with my current situation. I feel like a caged bird who needs to fly away.

Thank you all I will let you know how the 5 mgs goes. This is day 2 and to be honest I was expecting some side effects like headaches, pins and needles etc as this has happened when first starting ADs but so far nothing. 

Love to all xx

1995-1998 various SSRIs then withdrawal

2000 Sertraline

2003 Sertraline then changed to Prozac to attempt withdrawal.

2004 failed at withdrawal so Citalopram.

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

2012 3 days of Mirtazepine with bad reaction so started escitalopram 20mgs

2013 started very very slow taper with a number of slight reinstatements

Currently on between 0.5 and 1mg escitalopram drops at day.

From reading through others stories on here I am wondering if my current symptoms are still from withdrawal. Thinking more carefully about things I probably stopped taking the Lexapro 8-10 months ago. What I failed to mention is that I was prescribed Amitryptiline around the same time I stopped the Lexapro in order to try and sleep. I have only taken 5- 7.5 mgs and not every night. I have stopped the Amitryptiline since starting the Lexapro 5 mgs 2 days ago. Could the sleep issue for the last 18 months still be due to Lexapro withdrawal?

Kind regards

PN x

2000 Sertraline

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, pocketnurse said:

From reading through others stories on here I am wondering if my current symptoms are still from withdrawal. Thinking more carefully about things I probably stopped taking the Lexapro 8-10 months ago. What I failed to mention is that I was prescribed Amitryptiline around the same time I stopped the Lexapro in order to try and sleep. I have only taken 5- 7.5 mgs and not every night. I have stopped the Amitryptiline since starting the Lexapro 5 mgs 2 days ago. Could the sleep issue for the last 18 months still be due to Lexapro withdrawal?

Kind regards

PN x

On 1/22/2019 at 4:08 AM, pocketnurse said:

Hi all,

I have not been on the site for about 12 months now. I tapered off Cipralex over a 4 year period and finally quit about a year ago. I am now dealing with chronic insomnia which has got steadily worse over the last 18 months to the point where I am trying to function and work on an average of 3 hours sleep a night. I am depressed, exhausted, chronically stressed and desperate now so I am considering returning to Citalopram. I have just been signed off sick for 2 weeks whilst I commence ADs. I dont want to re medicate but I can't carry on like this. Add to the mix perimonopause, family issues with managing elderly infirm parents and moving away from daughters of 20 and 23 to manage caring for parents and a number of other life stressors. I wonder if anyone can advise?? 

Many thanks in advance 

PN x

Hi pocket,

I'm confused.  I thought you were trying some citalopram(generic name), of which one of the brand names is Celexa, here in the States anyway.

Cipralex and Lexapro are brand names for escitalopram(generic name). 

Please clarify what you have returned to taking.

I'm glad you remembered that you have been taking the amitriptyline since your final dose of escitalopram.

Off and on you state.  This also needs clarification.

More on amitriptyline here:  Tips for tapering off amitriptyline

It might be best for you to continue on at least a small amount of this as well.........seeing as you have been on it for 8 or 10 or 12 months now..........I don't know though, as I don't have a real clear picture of what your recent W/D history or medication history is.

How often have you been taking the amitriptyline?  And for how long?

Do you feel like it helped with sleep of W/D symptoms at all? What do you have available to you at this time, as far as the amitriptyline goes.  10 mg tablets?

Can you please, as ChessieCat has recently requested,  go to Account Settings

And update your information in your signature section.

The signature section is what we see below each members posts.  Unfortunately, it cannot be viewed from phone devices.  It can be updated from phone devices.  It does however, give the moderators a clearer picture of your situation.

Thank you in advance for helping us figure out how to best help you.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator
On 1/22/2019 at 3:08 AM, pocketnurse said:

Hi all,

I have not been on the site for about 12 months now. I tapered off Cipralex over a 4 year period and finally quit about a year ago. I am now dealing with chronic insomnia which has got steadily worse over the last 18 months to the point where I am trying to function and work on an average of 3 hours sleep a night. I am depressed, exhausted, chronically stressed and desperate now so I am considering returning to Citalopram. I have just been signed off sick for 2 weeks whilst I commence ADs. I dont want to re medicate but I can't carry on like this. Add to the mix perimonopause, family issues with managing elderly infirm parents and moving away from daughters of 20 and 23 to manage caring for parents and a number of other life stressors. I wonder if anyone can advise?? 

Many thanks in advance 

PN x

On 1/24/2019 at 8:46 AM, pocketnurse said:

Kind regards

PN x

It's quite likely that withdrawal has caused the sleep issues.

Does a  little amitryptiline help you sleep?

Are the sleep issues why you decided to take citalopram, is a milder sibling to escilatopram? How have your symptoms changed since you reinstated 5mg citalopram?

(The very low dose estrogen patches such as Menostar do not appear to affect uterine lining or have the risks of the higher dosages.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi Guys

I have tried to update my signature block but it keeps telling me I have too many lines although there are only 11 lines not 12!!!

PN x

2000 Sertraline

• Administrator

There was a blank line at the end. I took it out. You can update now.

Thank you Alto 

xxxx

2000 Sertraline

• 3 years later...

How are you doing now?

May 2019 started lexapro 2.5 mg; 2020 went to every other day; 2021 beginning of Mar, tried to stop but had insomnia; Mar 30, 2021 reinstated 1.25 ev other day, WD symptoms, not enough

April 19, 2021 started liquid, .85 mg/day; May 1, 2021 .8 mg, May 6 .75 mg; June 6 .7 mg, June 20 .65mg, June 30  .6mg, Jul 24 .55 mg, Oct 17 .5 mg, Dec 5- .45 mg; Jan 26, 2022- 4mg,  April 18- .375 ; April 24- .35; April 29- .3; Jun 12- .25 mg; Jun 28- .2 lex; Sept- .15 mg, Nov .1- long hold, never got better

June ‘23- PPPD started 🙁, Jun- .09, Jul- .08, Oct- .07, Dec- .06, Jan ‘24- .05!

Taking Magnesium, whole foods iron, & natural supplements as needed for sleep