BackGirl gabapentin, amitriptyline, baclofen

BackGirl

Hi,

I have been on Gabapentin for five years 3600 mg per day. I have managed over the last year to taper down extremely slowly to now just 500 mg. Its taken me this long just cutting down 100 mg every two to three weeks as initially I cut down by 300 mg and had some kind of break from reality and anxiety levels shots up through the roof. I want to do the last push of stopping it . Am terrified of the final withdrawl ( other people managed to cut down much faster than me without such severe withdrawls )

I only take 100 twice during day and 200 at night

I am on amatriplilien as well as baclofen.But my memory and mood have became so bad I need to see if this makes a difference

What should the levels of magnesium or type of magnesium can I take to help with the withdrawl.

And is this normal to have such a problem with anxiety/ fatigue/ mood swings / depression and eating when I have taken it so slowly ?

I did just stop cold turkey one year and had no problems.

Thanks

• Administrator

Welcome, BackGirl.

I moved your post here from the gabapentin tapering topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2309-tips-for-tapering-off-neurontin-gabapentin/, which has instructions for titration of gabapentin so you can taper by very small amounts.

See Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Congratulations on having gotten so far tapering gabapentin on your own.

Why are you taking baclofen?

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and post the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Backgirl. I CT'd off 700mg gabapentin 8 months ago. I've been suffering, to say the least.

I'm here for you if you need me. Good luck with your taper. Love and hugs, Pug.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.