SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Haap Tips for tapering off Zoloft?

My husband uses 37,5 mg Zoloft and has done so for about 15 years. He wants to start tapering and wonders if anybody has found anything that masks the dreadful tast he knows will be a problem with liquid solutions. Those of you who have used them know they taste horrible.

He fears that Zoloft mixture from the farmasy will be too different from the tablets and hopes that making solutions of the tablets will give a smoother  taper. Has anybody tried tapering on mixture after using tablets? How was the transition?

• Administrator

Welcome, Haap.

Many people have tapered with a suspension they make themselves. See Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Haap, welcome from me too. At the top of the tapering and symptoms and self care forums there are topics that have lists of the important topics which are great for finding info. Lots of them get lost among the many topics started but there are links there for the important ones...... here is one for the tapering forum . 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/300-important-topics-in-the-tapering-forum-and-faq/

Let us know how it goes and if he manages the liquid and finds something to mask the taste. I take any vile medicine with something strong tasting, like pineapple or ginger. Bite of a pineapple, followed by poison, quickly followed by more pineapple, it isnt as noticable that way. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible