SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

reb1126 -- wants to quit Lexapro

reb1126

Hi everybody.

I was taking Lexapro on 2009 for about 3-4 months, due to depression and anxiety, and everything went fine. Then weaned off on my own since I was feeling better and didn't want to take pills for the rest of my life.

However, recently I had couple of episodes of panic attacks and asked my dr. to put me back on Lex. It's been a week now and I'm having hpb. Something I didn't experience before. I'm thinking about tapering off. Any suggestions?

I mean, if it has been only 6 days on Lex (10mg), coud I just lowered to .5mg for three days, 2.5mg for the following 3 days and then stop?

• Administrator

....I mean, if it has been only 6 days on Lex (10mg), coud I just lowered to .5mg for three days, 2.5mg for the following 3 days and then stop?

Hello, reb.

It sounds like you've been on 10mg only a few days? Did you step up from 5mg?

If that's so, I think lowering to 5mg etc., as you suggested above, would be okay. You're having an adverse reaction.

If I were you, I'd stay away from all antidepressants, since you're displaying this sensitivity.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

....I mean, if it has been only 6 days on Lex (10mg), coud I just lowered to .5mg for three days, 2.5mg for the following 3 days and then stop?

Hello, reb.

It sounds like you've been on 10mg only a few days? Did you step up from 5mg?

If that's so, I think lowering to 5mg etc., as you suggested above, would be okay. You're having an adverse reaction.

If I were you, I'd stay away from all antidepressants, since you're displaying this sensitivity.

No, I didn't setup up from 5mg. I started on 10mg last Monday. My questions is, since is been only 6 days, should I just lowered down for this week and then stop?

I agree that I should stay away from antidepressants.

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd give it a try doing that. It hasn't been long and you're having an adverse reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.