lostinMI Remeron and/or Lyrica interdose withdrawal

lostinMI

Hello all,  I new here just joined today.

I'm taking 45mg of Remeron and 100mg of Lyrica at 7:00 p.m. each night for Depression and Anxiety.  I'm sleeping good.

I'm also in the midst of a Crossover from Ativan to Valium.  Right now, I'm dosing 2mg of V and 0.20mg of A each day.

I'm having a very difficult time with the crossover.  Constant Panic / Anxiety, Fear, nervous shaking and many other symptoms associated with withdrawal from benzos.

I'm on Day 32 of my crossover.   I'm told the Valium should have started to help calm me down by now.  

MY QUESTION IS THIS:  Has anyone experienced or have an opinion on the possibility that I may be experiencing Interdose Withdrawal during the day from either the Remeron and/or Lyrica I take at night.

NOTE:  Both the Remeron and Lyrica calm me down each night within a half hour to 45 minutes after I dose it and I go to bed feeling much much less anxious, etc.

I'M WONDERING..... if I spread out my doses of these two Meds (perhaps small doses throughout the day) does it seem conceivable that it may help cover up the awful Withdrawal Symptoms from weaning off the Ativan ?

Thank You for all your opinions and responses.

45mg Remeron and 100mg Lyrica at bedtime for Depression and Anxiety. For 8 months now. Want to reduce these as soon as my benzo taper is complete. 

Currently on 8mg of Valium also,

Slowly reducing the Valium and when finished will taper off other two.

• Administrator

Welcome, lostinMI.

That doesn't sound like interdose withdrawal from Remeron or Lyrica, it sounds like a snag in your benzo crossover. Go to this forum http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/29-members-only-benzo-tapering-discussion/to discuss.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello,

I'm trying to find something to help me keep calm during the day while I crossover from Ativan to Valium.  I currently take 45 mg of Remeron and 100mg of Lyrica at bedtime supposedly for depression and anxiety, in that order.

I'm sleeping good but my days are just awful.

I just spoke to my pdoc who said I could try taking 15mg of Remeron in the morning (then only 30mg at night) to see if that would help.

However, she warned me that a SMALLER dose of Remeron is actually MORE sedating than a larger dose.  

Can anyone confirm this for me ?  or offer some advice on dosing Remeron during the day when I need to be alert at work and drive back and forth thereto ?

She also said that Remeron works for 24 hours.  Yes ?  No ?

ALSO... does anyone take Lyrica for Anxiety ?   I've been on it since this past February and don't really know if it's helping me or not.

Please folks, I need some responses...

Thank you so much...

45mg Remeron and 100mg Lyrica at bedtime for Depression and Anxiety. For 8 months now. Want to reduce these as soon as my benzo taper is complete. 

• Administrator

Lost, I combined your topics. Only one topic to a member in the Introductions forum.

Please see my response above.

We don't know of any easy way to fix this. I would not move the Remeron around right now. Changing more than one drug at a time confuses things.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hello all...

I'm looking for some reviews ( good, bad, or otherwise) on taking CELEXA  for Depression.

I generally can't tolerate any SSRI, but my pdoc is insisting that Celexa will help me.

I'm currently crossing over from Ativan to Valium and really don't want to start the Celexa unless Folks have had good success with it.

Also taking 45mg Remeron and 150mg of Lyrica at nightime for depression and anxiety.

Hoping to here from some of you past or current Celexa users.

Thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lost ,   Altostrata is the most knowledgeable here about your drug situation and has suggested you leave everything alone and

focus on tweaking your benzo cross-over.

This should be brought up in the members only benzo forum , where you can start a thread.

Please could you do your signature so readers can see your med. history and current regime at a glance.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Welcome -

This is a support group that helps people get off antidepressants, we don't recommend going on drugs to help depression.

While drugs like Celexa may help relieve depression symptoms for some time, what we've learned is that drugs like Celexa often cause dependency and brain damage that often takes years to heal.

If you do a site search under "Celexa" on here, you will find hundreds of stories of people suffering from the horrible effects of Celexa and other SSRI use and withdrawal.

Most of us wish we found a website like this BEFORE going on these drugs. By coming here, you are lucky to be informed of the risks ahead of time, before trying this drug; doctors rarely inform their patients of the grave risks involved with going on these medications. They usually minimize the risks, to the detriment of their patients.

here are a couple examples of Celexa experience:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8864-routamarja-citalopram-withdrawal/#entry156737

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8655-halfperson-16-months-off-ssris-ct-with-the-twin-joys-of-pssd-and-anhedonia/?hl=halfperson

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8235-citalopram-withdrawl-does-it-ever-go-away-2-years-in/#entry129338

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

• Administrator

LostinMI, I moved your post about Celexa here. Only one topic to a customer in the Intro forum.

If you can't tolerate SSRIs, what do you think of your psychiatrist's pressuring you to go on an SSRI?

We don't discuss the merits of drugs on this site. If you want to chat about them, go to a site like PatientsLikeme.com or depression.com.