SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

sillylady

sillylady

Hi!  Thank you for responding to my post.  I am sorry, but I don't know how to move the above post into the intro section.  Could you please tell me how to do it.  I thought this was going in there and not where it is.

No, I am the exact opposite of a drug addict and don't like to experiment with drugs and supplements.  In fact I hate them and what they do to me.  The problem is I am so very ill with Lyme Disease, Bartonella and Babesia and the chronic insomnia that I am desperate to get some relief from this so I can get my life back.  I never in my lifetime thought I would go to the extent of trying hemp and cannabis oil.  However, when one is so incredibly ill and it is the choice between living and dying some difficult decisions have to be made.  Due to the fact I am not only attempting to get off these horrible drugs, I also have to deal with a possibly life threatening, very debilitating, painful chronic illness. 

I had a very horrible night again last night with debilitating adrenaline surges, anxiety/panic attacks, burning throughout body etc. and not a wink of sleep.  My body is getting weaker and weaker day by day and I am fully expecting to drop dead any time soon.  This will be a blessing as I will no longer be suffering. 

• Administrator

You are reading your Intro topic in the Introductions forum.

Please start at the beginning of this topic and read all the responses to your posts.

I have no idea what cannabis would do for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Silly Lady,

I know you feel miserable and I wish there was something that existed to take some of our pain away, but there just isn't. We have to walk through hell to get to heaven carrying nothing but healthy food, water, some magnesium and fish oil supplements (if you can tolerate them), a bedroll (if you can sleep), your cell phone and an iTunes gift card (if you can distract with music). Don't even bother bringing along toothpaste or soap or a towel. Hygiene is optional.

Cannabis is just another drug to throw at your CNS and confuse it. Slow and steady. Let your brain learn how to operate without drugs. You'll win in the end.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hi!

No, I do not like to experiment with drugs.  In fact, I am the opposite of a drug addict.  I hate them.  The only reason it appears this way is because of the Lyme Disease and co-infections and the fact that I am getting next to no sleep most nights and days.  I am having horrific symptoms 24/7 and would like to get a break by getting some sleep.  The meds I am taking are not helping with that at all and as I have stated before I feel they are just making me worse.  I believe they could even be keeping me awake.  I am not sure how to navigate my way around this site yet and don't know where to look to see the replies to my post.  If you could explain how I go about this it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

• Administrator

Are you able to read this topic from the beginning? Scroll up to the top of this thread. We've already had this discussion.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

Hi!  I am currently tapering from Seroquel.  At the beginning of 2015 I was at 550 mg. per day.  Over seven months I gradually tapered down to being totally off in July and as I had also come off four other meds (Gabapentin, Remeron, Zoplicone and Cortef) I went into withdrawal hell and ended up in the psych ward for a week.  While in there they reinstated me on the Seroquel (50 mg. XR twice a day) and Remeron (15 mg. at bedtime).  Shortly after being discharged from the hospital I got my psychiatrist to put me back on the immediate release Seroquel as it is impossible to reduce the XR Seroquel.  Since July I have made several cuts to the Seroquel and am now at 37.5 mg. twice a day and am going through withdrawal hell once again.  I have never been able to stabilize on any of the meds and so am totally confused as to how to tell when to make my next reduction.  The last reduction was about three weeks ago and it was for 6.25 mg.  The symptoms I am currently having are:  chronic insomnia (no sleep most days and nights), adrenaline surges 24/7, anxiety/panic attacks, burning, tingling and numbness throughout body, muscle tension, depersonalization, sensory overload, blurry vision, and the list goes on. 

I will be seeing my psychiatrist on 11/25/15 (earlier if I can get in on a cancellation) to discuss doing a micro-taper as it appears even doing a 6.25 mg. drop is too much for me.  I also believe I am having a paradoxical reaction to both the Seroquel and Remeron as both of these meds have antihistamine effects and I don't do well with antihistamines at all.  This could possibly be the reason I am having such chronic insomnia all the time.   I just don't know how much more of this my body and mind can take.  Please if anyone else on here has or is tapering Seroquel and having the same or similar symptoms could you please let me know what if anything has helped with the horrendous withdrawal symptoms.  I am desperate to get some relief from this torturous hell that I am going through.

• Administrator

sillylady, I have moved your post here. This is the place to put your questions, so you don't have to repeat your history over and over.

Please read all the earlier responses to this topic. You do this by scrolling up.

It's unlikely you are having a "paradoxical" reaction to the psychiatric drugs as antihistamines. You are having straightforward withdrawal syndrome from having come off 4 drugs too fast.

One thing you might try is to STOP MAKING DRUG CHANGES for a while, maybe several months. Since you came off the 4 drugs, you've constantly added or reduced drugs. The nervous system thrives on stability.

Please post below confirming that you've read this, as I am concerned you're not able to follow the responses to your posts.

Click on the big gray Follow This Topic button at the top right so you can find this topic again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!  I am currently tapering Seroquel and am suffering from horrendous insomnia (no sleep most nights and days).  I am wondering if there are others out there that are having the same difficulties.  I don't know how much longer my body will tolerate the constant stress, symptoms and pressure  from this.  I am terrified that if I don't start sleeping soon I will either die or go totally insane.  I don't think I can live like this much longer.  Please help.

Could you please tell us how you are tapering and any other meds you are on? This link describes how to make your signature. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Insomnia can be a big issue when tapering Seroquel. Sometimes it is necessary to increase the dose temporarily and then reduce more slowly. If you can provide more details, someone will be along to help.

Welcome and good luck in getting this straightened out!l

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Administrator

sillylady, I moved your latest post here.

You need to read this entire topic. So you can find it again, bookmark it or click on the big gray Follow This Topic button in the upper right corner of the page.

For the time being, STOP CHANGING YOUR DRUGS.

• 4 years later...

Hi!  I was on the following meds:  Seroquel for 3 years, off for 3 1/2 years, Gabapentin for 14 years off for 4 years, Zoplicone for 7 months off for 4 years and Remeron on for 39 months and I'm still suffering horrendously with the following symptoms and appear 2 b getting worse every day:  Burning, tingling, numbness throughout body and brain, burning brain, dp/dr, chronic insomnia (very little sleep if any most nights) adrenaline surges, vibrations throughout body and brain, myoclonic jerks, blurry vision, chronic fatigue/exhaustion, hearing loss, heart palps, panicky/jittery, and more.  

It seems every time I get a small window the next day my symptoms come back even worse than before.  I constantly feel like I'm losing my mind and am still back at square one of my taper.  I feel like I've been permanently brain damaged by these poisons and my only option 2 getting any peace is 2 die.  I have no quality of life, very few, if any friends, no family (want me dead) and have suffered very debilitating post traumatic stress disorder and believe I'm in post acute w/d syndrome.

Is anyone else getting off these poisons still suffering as intensely and as long as I am?  I'm terrified I will stay this way 4 the rest of my life as I'm having more waves than windows at this point and instead of feeling better I feel much worse.  I should never have been on these poisons in the first place as I'm not psychiatric or mentally ill.  I was put on them at 12 years old and have been on and off them most of my life.  I was actually off all psych poisons for 13 years between 1990 and 2003 but went on Seroquel, Gabapentin and Remeron when my thyroid malfunctioned in 2003 and I started having what I thought were severe anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia.  It took my doctor a year to figure out it was my thyroid but by then I was heavily addicted to the psych meds.  I got off the Seroquel after a year but stayed on the Remeron and Gabapentin for 14 years.  In 2013 I started having symptoms again which I now know were tolerance symptoms 2 the Gabapentin and Remeon but mistook them for anxiety/panic attack and insomnia.  I later added in Zoplicone 7.5 mg. h.s. for 7 months.  I slow tapered off these meds and have now been off everything for 39 months.

At the present time I'm really struggling and would appreciate any support, words of encouragement and understanding.  Also, I would like 2 hear from anyone that has been on these poisons for an extended period of time, suffered as intensely as I have and made it out the other side in one piece.  

• Administrator

@sillylady, I moved your post here. Please add your updates to this topic, your Intro topic, so you don't have to repeat your history over and over and we can understand your context. Click the big Follow button at the upper right so you get alerts about responses to this topic.

I am sorry you are suffering for so long from going off Seroquel, gabapentin, zopiclone, and Remeron. We see recovery from prolonged withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) can be very gradual and take a long time. Waves and windows are terribly frustrating.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Have you seen any improvement in the last 6 months? Are you taking any other drugs now?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

• 1 year later...

Tinnitus from withdrawing from Mirtazapine

Hi!  I'm now about 4 3/4 years off Remeron (Mirtazapine) and am suffering horrendously from extreme tinnitus.  I was on this poison 4 about 13 years along with Seroquel (for 4 years), Gabapentin (for 13 years) and Zoplicone (4 about 7 months).  I am still having extreme w/d symptoms from it (burning, tingling, numbness throughout body and brain, dp.,/dr, adrenaline surges, vibrations throughout body, extreme fatigue/exhaustion, blurry vision, some hearing loss, heart palpitations, myoclonic jerks and panic and anxiety 2 name a few.  I've been off the Seroquel for about 5 years, Gabapentin 4 6 years and the Zoplicone 4 about 6 years.  The tinnitus I'm experiencing sounds like freight trains going through my house along with gallons of water on a 24/7 basis.  I basically did a slow taper from the above poisons until I went through an organization in Alberta wherein they did phone consults 2 help me get off them.  Unfortunately the way they did it completely screwed me up and I ended up back in the hospital on the psych ward wherein they put me back on the Seroquel and Remeron which took me another 1 1/2 years 2 slow taper off again and I've been going through extreme pain and agony ever since.  I would really like 2 hear from others that r going through the same or similar symptoms of tinnitus as I am as I'm terrified that what I'm experiencing might b permanent as it seems the farther I get away from these drugs the worse I feel.  I have had some intermittent windows during the past several years of withdrawing but feel like there is no end 2 what I'm experiencing and will remain like this 4 the rest of my life.  Please let me know a.s.a.p. if this is still common 2 b going through this torture this far out.  Thank u.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

worth a shot, it cures some things.  google homeopathic remedy for tinnitus.  it really can work, it's cheap, and doesn't hurt you.  also may not work, it can be spectacular or it can be subtle, or not at all.  

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is the link to SA's topic:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management