divalee: 24 months off Zoloft

divalee

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, divalee said:

Andy I remember you saying that you take B12 supplements and I was worried that it would make my anxiety worse. 

I did take them for a while, at a very low level.  I got the spray kind that allowed me to do 500mcg at a time (and less if you do 1/2 a spray).  Some people react but many do not.

I say give it a shot, Lee.

Best,

Andy

Edited by apace41

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• divalee

• apace41

• AliG

• direstraits

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, apace41 said:

I did take them for a while, at a very low level.  I got the spray kind that allowed me to do 500mcg at a time (and less if you do 1/2 a spray).  Some people react but many do not.

I say give it a shot, Lee.

Best,

Andy

You dont take them any more Andy or are you still taking the spray.  Do you find that it helps you at all.    

Thank you for answering me.  I will report my 5 years here on May 17th.  I still want to read your article which looks very interesting.  I just cant sit long enough and concentrate....

I hope you are doing okay

Love

Lee

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Moderator Emeritus

I don’t take it anymore, Lee, but I was never deficient.  I just thought it might help me so I did it for several months. I don’t think it helped or hurt but, again, my levels were fine. 

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Okay, Thank you Andy.  I hope you are doing well

Lee

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

This month is officially 5 years off Zoloft.....Nothing to say because nothing has changed from my last post.  Lost all courage because I am believing now that this will never end.  The struggle each day is tremendous.

I love and pray for all of you here - in each stage of tapering, each that are off all meds and having withdrawals, and each who have made it through.   

Much love from me

Lee xo

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I'm so sorry you're still suffering so much, lee.

I wish I could make it all go away.

I;ve just started to feel like things are getting better the last couple weeks( I hope I don't jinx myself!)

I've been off 4 years this month.

it could turn around at any time,I pray it happens soon.

try to stay strong and it will get better,I was pretty hopeless just last month but now I have hope that I will recover from this misery.

big hugs,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, direstraits said:

THIS is so critical, DS and Lee.  

One of the "generalizations" that is made everywhere, including here on SA, is that healing from psych med damage happens in "windows and waves", which is true for many but not for all.  Unfortunately, that leads those of us who don't see much in the way of fluctuation to conclude (erroneously) that there is "no hope."   For some reason, some people stay symptomatic and then (seemingly spontaneously) have things lift and recovery begins (usually happening more quickly).  It's as if the body is "afraid" to try out recovery and waits until it is confident it has it all ready to go before it begins.  I am like this as well, Lee.  I don't see much in the way of improvements as I muddle along and I frequently am despondent that "this will never get better".  But, in the vast, vast, vast, majority of cases it does.  One of the things that has been a hallmark has been your strength of spirit throughout this.  Don't let go of that, Lee.  Your time is coming.  I truly believe that.

As an aside, I just learned from my daughter, who is working in the genetics industry and had a "free" gene analysis done, that she (and perhaps I?) is a slow metabolizer of her antidepressant (which is the same as mine).  What effect that might have on withdrawal is unclear but it serves to remind us that we are all individual when it comes to this process and we can't measure ourselves by any "standard" or "norm".  Lee, you are going to get better -- it just will take longer than for most but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Stay strong, my friend.  You've got this.

Best,

Andy

48 minutes ago, direstraits said:

I'm so sorry you're still suffering so much, lee.

I wish I could make it all go away.

I;ve just started to feel like things are getting better the last couple weeks( I hope I don't jinx myself!)

I've been off 4 years this month.

try to stay strong and it will get better,I was pretty hopeless just last month but now I have hope that I will recover from this misery.

big hugs,ds

xx

I am thrilled for you that things are getting better the last couple of weeks -  would you mind telling me what all of your symptoms were and still have.  It sort of helps me if I see the symptoms people have so that I wont be so scared knowing that I am not alone.

thank you for answering me Direstraits.

Love Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

43 minutes ago, apace41 said:

THIS is so critical, DS and Lee.  

One of the "generalizations" that is made everywhere, including here on SA, is that healing from psych med damage happens in "windows and waves", which is true for many but not for all.  Unfortunately, that leads those of us who don't see much in the way of fluctuation to conclude (erroneously) that there is "no hope."   For some reason, some people stay symptomatic and then (seemingly spontaneously) have things lift and recovery begins (usually happening more quickly).  It's as if the body is "afraid" to try out recovery and waits until it is confident it has it all ready to go before it begins.  I am like this as well, Lee.  I don't see much in the way of improvements as I muddle along and I frequently am despondent that "this will never get better".  But, in the vast, vast, vast, majority of cases it does.  One of the things that has been a hallmark has been your strength of spirit throughout this.  Don't let go of that, Lee.  Your time is coming.  I truly believe that.

As an aside, I just learned from my daughter, who is working in the genetics industry and had a "free" gene analysis done, that she (and perhaps I?) is a slow metabolizer of her antidepressant (which is the same as mine).  What effect that might have on withdrawal is unclear but it serves to remind us that we are all individual when it comes to this process and we can't measure ourselves by any "standard" or "norm".  Lee, you are going to get better -- it just will take longer than for most but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Stay strong, my friend.  You've got this.

Best,

Andy

Andy I am in tears at the encouragement I am getting from you and Direstraits.  What are your symptoms Andy - it sort of helps me to know that I am not alone.   When I look back even last year - I was doing much better than I am now - things such seem to be getting worse.   My head pressure and <inside< dizziness has gotten worse.  I am not dizzy when I walk - but feel off balance.  Andy I do get very slight windows that do not last.  I will have to tell you what happens - this is the only reason why  I think that perhaps it is withdrawals that I wont stay this way for the rest of my life.  

I am so sorry that you very rarely have windows I can walk solidly in your shoes - and pray for you so all this can be lifted from you too.

I will write again and tell you exactly what happens -  

love

Lee

Everyone knows an ant cant

move a rubber tree plant

But he has high hopes and whoops there goes another rubber tree plant.

xo

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I know I still have a ways to go but it feels like something has really shifted in all this,a sense of well -being I haven't felt in a very long time.

I still have a lot of trouble with my eyes...light sensitivity,tics,blurry etc.

feel off-balance at times when walking.

burning feet and back off and on.

low energy but getting better.

sleeping better with less cortisol awakenings.

still get some cog fog but how much is aging.....I am 63.🙁

MUCH less anxiety.

hang in there...it will get better!

love,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

9 minutes ago, direstraits said:

I know I still have a ways to go but it feels like something has really shifted in all this,a sense of well -being I haven't felt in a very long time.

I still have a lot of trouble with my eyes...light sensitivity,tics,blurry etc.

feel off-balance at times when walking.

burning feet and back off and on.

low energy but getting better.

sleeping better with less cortisol awakenings.

still get some cog fog but how much is aging.....I am 63.🙁

MUCH less anxiety.

hang in there...it will get better!

love,ds

xx

Thank you Dire - I too have trouble with my eyes light sensitivity, blurred and distorted vision....off balance at times when I walk too.  Yes my feet too.  Thank you so much for this Dire.....I do sleep thank goodness but wake up with the sweats and anxiety....and in the morning around 5 am the sweats are really bad and anxiety....My migraines have become worse too....but thank you for sharing your symptoms as I have some of those.  Bless you for answering me.  You are in my thoughts and prayers for all your struggles -  One day we will sing.....Hallelujah ,,,,,,Hallelujah....Hallelujah.......Halle luuuuuuuu.....Jah.....

one day - one day...just you wait and see.  Just posting here at SA has lifted me a bit....have tears of some hope and courage again.  How long will that last -  don<t know but at least it is here at the moment.

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

18 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Wow, this is great news, DS.  I am so happy for you that you have felt this way recently.....sounds wonderful!  It sounds like you have experienced a significant shift in your recovery.

3 minutes ago, divalee said:

Just posting here at SA has lifted me a bit....have tears of some hope and courage again.

I am glad you feel some hope and courage again, Lee.  I know how hard it is to hold on to those feelings.  I too am going to take Andy and DS's posts to heart as they have helped me to also gather some needed hope.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

Oh Lee,

I'm glad I can give you some hope to keep going...you made me teary,too.

you'll be in my thoughts and prayers,too.

much love,ds

xx

6 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Wow, this is great news, DS.  I am so happy for you that you have felt this way recently.....sounds wonderful!  It sounds like you have experienced a significant shift in your recovery

thanks so much,wantrelief.

I hope I can encourage anyone who's suffering through this awful condition that there's hope.

take care,ds

xx

39 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Wow, this is great news, DS.  I am so happy for you that you have felt this way recently.....sounds wonderful!  It sounds like you have experienced a significant shift in your recovery.

I am glad you feel some hope and courage again, Lee.  I know how hard it is to hold on to those feelings.  I too am going to take Andy and DS's posts to heart as they have helped me to also gather some needed hope.

Yes Wantreleif - we must take Andy and DS posts to heart - they sure lifted me - even it it wont last - the feeling of hope was such a good feeling.

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

2 minutes ago, divalee said:

Yes Wantreleif - we must take Andy and DS posts to heart - they sure lifted me - even it it wont last - the feeling of hope was such a good feeling.

Love

Lee

Sometimes I read posts over and over when I am feeling particularly hopeless.  It is good you've got your thread with these hopeful messages so you can always refer back to them when you are needing a lift.  I will be thinking about you, Lee.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

18 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Sometimes I read posts over and over when I am feeling particularly hopeless.  It is good you've got your thread with these hopeful messages so you can always refer back to them when you are needing a lift.  I will be thinking about you, Lee.

Yes wantrelief I do that too - helps a lot.  How are you are you tapering or have stopped and having withdrawals.  I hope you are not struggling too much.  

love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

9 minutes ago, divalee said:

Yes wantrelief I do that too - helps a lot.  How are you are you tapering or have stopped and having withdrawals.  I hope you are not struggling too much.  

love

Lee

Aw, Lee, you are so sweet to be concerned about me midst your own struggles.  My situation is complicated - I am tapering a drug that is no longer working for me so having a lot of symptoms plus I am on a benzo that will also need to be tapered.

I am glad re-reading posts helps you too.  Just hang on, Lee....you never know when healing will happen for you.

6 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Aw, Lee, you are so sweet to be concerned about me midst your own struggles.  My situation is complicated - I am tapering a drug that is no longer working for me so having a lot of symptoms plus I am on a benzo that will also need to be tapered.

I am glad re-reading posts helps you too.  Just hang on, Lee....you never know when healing will happen for you.

We must think of others who are suffering - we are all in it together - I am not the only one suffering and i can walk solidly in your shoes and know how much each of us are struggling.  Would you mind telling me your symptoms - helps a lot and I dont feel so much alone.   It is okay if you dont feel like it at the moment, just any time you can.....

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

1 minute ago, divalee said:

We must think of others who are suffering - we are all in it together - I am not the only one suffering and i can walk solidly in your shoes and know how much each of us are struggling.  Would you mind telling me your symptoms - helps a lot and I dont feel so much alone.   It is okay if you dont feel like it at the moment, just any time you can.....

Love

Lee

We certainly are all in this together....that is why SA helps me so much in not feeling so alone.  I am experiencing a lot of depression (major apathy, demotivation, and anhedonia, intrusive thoughts, food is not appealing, etc.), anxiety, early morning awakening, and other symptoms but those are the major ones.

11 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

We certainly are all in this together....that is why SA helps me so much in not feeling so alone.  I am experiencing a lot of depression (major apathy, demotivation, and anhedonia, intrusive thoughts, food is not appealing, etc.), anxiety, early morning awakening, and other symptoms but those are the major ones.

Yes I can imagine the depression you have - we would not be depressed if we were not suffering so much. - I have what you are going through as well.  Stay strong, look fear in the face - until it just withers away -  I do everything I have to do regardless how I feel - it is the utmost struggle everything I do....but I do it....I am so happy when night comes - I am still here -  I have survived another day - I do sleep - but only to wake up in the morning having to face another horrible day all over again.  

But Andy, DS, I read what they have written to me - and it does help - but I must always remember that they are suffering too and taking the time to answer me just the same -  Stay strong and keep reading.....and thank you so much for taking the time to answer me.

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

Whew I had a hard time getting in here...finally where it is said Contact us  I did. So please ignore my request.  Why was it so hard to get in here - anyway I am here now thank goodness.

Yesterday it was 5 years and 1 month off Zoloft - I wish there were some good news but there isn't.  I have all the same symptoms only they are worse....that is all I can tell you.  I have resigned myself to this will be my life forever I guess.  It is so scary to think that...but when day after day after day no change, what else can you think. 

I don't read anything here about pins and needles - I have them all over my face, head, bridge of nose, around my eyes, lips, chin....they are not there all the time so I know it isn't anything serious.....but when you start to overthink I imagine something terrible wrong with me.

You know when you get to this stage then you start thinking, maybe if I go gluten free, I will feel better, or maybe if I go Vegan, or maybe if I stop eating dairy...it goes on and on...but you know what - I don't let those thoughts control me or else I won't eat anything at all.  Because of how I feel I eat very healthy..  No pastry, no chocolates or candy,  never buy prepared foods, never boxed or canned foods...I buy fresh and organic when possible.....I cook for myself and never order anything out. 

Still I am not better - so it cannot be what I am eating - The sweats at night were subsiding for a while, but now they are back again three times a night - one around 2 am and then two more 4 and 5 am.....wake up high anxiety every morning.

I still do what I have to do - no matter how I feel - I will do it.....cry in the car, cry behind my sunglasses, but I do it.  The other day I had to go to the dentist...and I was able to sit there for 45 mins while she filled two teeth.  I controlled myself, but once in the car  I just cried.  I go to the bank, to the vet, to the Pet Shop, grocery shopping, everything everyone else does.

My balance seems to have gotten worse when I walk, hard to explain because it isn't a dizziness - I am not dizzy when I walk just feel off balance...my dizziness is so hard to explain....all inside my head - My head feels weird like there are a hundred bees inside there.  I still do feel better at night - I get some relief at night, but the next day it starts all over again.  I don't know how much longer I can do this.... don't see the light at the end of the tunnel any more - all hope and courage seems to be gone.  

I have to say I do get windows if you want to call them that and I don't even know if they are windows.  I am able to take a 97 year old lady to do her grocery shopping and even go to McDonalds to have lunch with her and sit there for about an hour.....then take her shopping and I don't feel dizzy or anything while I am doing that....but when I get home my head Is swimming and it takes a while to settle down......

I do read the symptoms of anxiety and I see there that you can have pins and needles in your face and everywhere and many of the symptoms I do have....I might be stuck with anxiety because I don't see any change - I am rambling -  and scared and I wish I can be normal again...singing at weddings, at parties, going out with my friends.....I have isolated myself - I see no one at all except this old lady.  I do talk on the phone to a couple of my friends and have friends on Facebook - facebook helps me a lot...

If anyone could tell me their symptoms it would be appreciated so I wont feel so frightened .  I will put them here again

Pins and needles face, head, bridge of nose

Dizziness inside my head

Balance problems

Vision problems  (nothing wrong with my eyes just saw Ophthalmologist)

Feeling of blocked ears ( nothing wrong with ears just saw ENT doctor)

Severe Anxiety

Panic attacks

working around house doing close work gives me agoraphobia, but I can sit at the computer for hours and I don't have it.

Crying most of the day

Just feeling not well all the time (blood tests came back perfect, nothing wrong healthwise)

Fear of dying

migraine headaches (silent migraines with Aura very frequently lately)

I feel sometimes like I am 'not here' weird feeling.

thank you for listening to me once more -

I pray every night for all of you here so that you will be better soon - and not have to suffer any more...Be strong, don't lose your courage and hope.....If you don't ,,,,,,I promise I won't either.

Love

Lee (f)

If happy little bluebirds fly

Beyond the rainbow

So can.....you......and.....I

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Lee,

I'm sorry to hear that there has been no improvement.  I know you are starting to lose hope but it is ALWAYS darkest before the dawn.  You are changing for the better -- I can see that in your posts.  You are now coming to the point of true acceptance and when you reach that point I believe some of the anxiety over "what this is" will lessen and some of the symptoms will reduce.  When that happens you will start to believe that you can and will heal and you will be off to the races.  As I said to you when you last posted, your symptoms are not necessary "withdrawal" in the sense of being directly related to the drug, but they ARE anxiety symptoms from the effects the drug has wrought on your nervous system.  The fact that you have these "mini-windows" when you are distracted (like with the woman you take to McDonalds) should give you a lot of confidence that this is not "permanent."

All I can say, Lee, is that I still believe you are going to get there.  It is just going to take more time than it should.

My one disclaimer -- I'm in a similar place to you so I have a VERY vested interest in believing what I just wrote!

Best,

Andy

8 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Lee,

I'm sorry to hear that there has been no improvement.  I know you are starting to lose hope but it is ALWAYS darkest before the dawn.  You are changing for the better -- I can see that in your posts.  You are now coming to the point of true acceptance and when you reach that point I believe some of the anxiety over "what this is" will lessen and some of the symptoms will reduce.  When that happens you will start to believe that you can and will heal and you will be off to the races.  As I said to you when you last posted, your symptoms are not necessary "withdrawal" in the sense of being directly related to the drug, but they ARE anxiety symptoms from the effects the drug has wrought on your nervous system.  The fact that you have these "mini-windows" when you are distracted (like with the woman you take to McDonalds) should give you a lot of confidence that this is not "permanent."

All I can say, Lee, is that I still believe you are going to get there.  It is just going to take more time than it should.

My one disclaimer -- I'm in a similar place to you so I have a VERY vested interest in believing what I just wrote!

Best,

Andy

Thank you so much for answering me Andy.  You mean you are in a similar place that I am in Andy?  How you must be suffering.  I read your posts to me over and over to help myself....I will do everything I can to help myself because of you - and I pray for you to lift this suffering from you too Andy.  Bless you.

Much love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Have you tried Claire Weekes method?? 

If this is anxiety (even anxiety from withdrawal) I really think her method could help you. 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

1 hour ago, coldturkmama said:

Have you tried Claire Weekes method?? 

If this is anxiety (even anxiety from withdrawal) I really think her method could help you. 

Thank you coldturkmama i just read Clare Weekes method....very interesting thank you, but I do so much of which she suggests, one of which no matter how I feel - I do what I have to do every single day as if nothing wrong....I do not give up and as she said if it seems it is taking such a long time - dont give up do it anyway.  I will read it all later....so thank you for this and thank you for taking the time to answer me.  

I hope you are doing well and are not suffering too much....As I said to Andy, I pray for all of you - and so hope that we can all be healed one day.

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I’m definitely doing much better. I’m glad you aren’t giving uo. Keep at it!! Xxx

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, divalee said:

Thank you so much for answering me Andy. 

I always do, Lee.  ;)

You mean you are in a similar place that I am in Andy?  How you must be suffering. 

Yes.  A similar place.  Feeling like the symptoms are there day after day with no abatement.  Dizziness and feeling out of step with the world around me.  Pain all over the body.  Anxiety that seems to come out of nowhere.  Depersonalization that makes life seem odd and strange.  Lots of other things I won't bore you with.  I like to view it as "struggling" rather than "suffering" because the former implies I am trying to overcome while the latter implies I am being overcome.

It may be semantics but it's something to hold onto.

.I will do everything I can to help myself because of you

You do what you can to help yourself because of YOU, Lee.  If I inspire you that's great but you deserve to heal for you!

Best,

Andy

• Mentor
On 5/30/2018 at 9:03 AM, apace41 said:

I just learned from my daughter, who is working in the genetics industry and had a "free" gene analysis done, that she (and perhaps I?) is a slow metabolizer of her antidepressant (which is the same as mine).  What effect that might have on withdrawal is unclear but it serves to remind us that we are all individual when it comes to this process and we can't measure ourselves by any "standard" or "norm".

Thank you for this, @apace41... sometimes I, like I'm sure many here, get down on myself for not moving faster in this process and not being "normal." This reminds that there are so many factors that are all entirely individual and that so will be our recovery -- individual.

Hang in there, @divalee. Just making it through the day to see what the next one brings is all you need to do... and you are doing it.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

8 hours ago, apace41 said:

I always do, Lee.  ;)

Yes.  A similar place.  Feeling like the symptoms are there day after day with no abatement.  Dizziness and feeling out of step with the world around me.  Pain all over the body.  Anxiety that seems to come out of nowhere.  Depersonalization that makes life seem odd and strange.  Lots of other things I won't bore you with.  I like to view it as "struggling" rather than "suffering" because the former implies I am trying to overcome while the latter implies I am being overcome.

It may be semantics but it's something to hold onto.

You do what you can to help yourself because of YOU, Lee.  If I inspire you that's great but you deserve to heal for you!

Best,

Andy

Andy just a bit confused - I understand that these symptoms can very well be from anxiety and not my withdrawals any more.....my question is  

Why do I have such bad sweats in middle of night - wake up each morning with high anxiety and focus problems   Why do I have many of the symptoms of withdrawals when the WDs first started...I am trying to distinguish what symptoms are anxiety and what symptoms are still withdrawals.  I do believe these symptoms can certainly be from anxiety now - and if that is the case then, if i can conquer anxiety and panic attacks and accept and face my fears - then this will all disappear.  

Thank you for this insight Andy

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

5 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

Thank you for this, @apace41... sometimes I, like I'm sure many here, get down on myself for not moving faster in this process and not being "normal." This reminds that there are so many factors that are all entirely individual and that so will be our recovery -- individual.

Hang in there, @divalee. Just making it through the day to see what the next one brings is all you need to do... and you are doing it.

FarmGirlWorks

I also believe that I am a slow metabolizer of antidepressants and that is why it took me much longer than most.  I too get down on myself for not moving faster in this process and not being <normal<

I will hang in there FarmGirl - I always have but sometimes when the waves are extremely bad and very very long lasting - it drops me down to my knees - and hard to get up again - but I always do.....Thing is how long can we do this....

Thank you for answering me and I hope that you are doing well.  Do you have many symptoms to cope with?  You and all here are in my prayers .

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

To clarify, Lee, I'm not suggesting that withdrawal is not playing a role in what you feel. My belief is that withdrawal is the "trigger" that sets your CNS up to be in "fight or flight" mode.  In other words, it sensitizes your CNS so that you have symptoms.  While your body and brain are "repairing" themselves, you feel these symptoms more acutely and you need to learn to deal with them as best as possible through self-soothing techniques, help from professionals, etc.  This does two things -- first, it minimizes the distress while you are going through it and, second, to the extent you have remaining symptoms after the repair work is complete, you are better able to deal with them.  So, in essence, I believe you (and I and many of us) have hybrid issue that arises from the drugs kicking off an overly stimulated nervous system.  Time and self-care will help with the repair work and reducing the anxiety that arises from that will help with the symptoms.  None of this "fixes" things in the short term but it makes it more tolerable as time passes and the healing continues to take place.

Hopefully, that helps you to understand how I think about this.  We are all at different stages and some may be "mostly" withdrawal and some may be "mostly" remaining CNS stress and anxiety.  It's hard to know where you are on the spectrum, but I think intense distressing about it is not helpful to recovery and, while it is extremely hard to do, to the extent you can refuse to allow the symptoms to dominate your life, the better off you will be.

Best,

Andy

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

To clarify, Lee, I'm not suggesting that withdrawal is not playing a role in what you feel. My belief is that withdrawal is the "trigger" that sets your CNS up to be in "fight or flight" mode.  In other words, it sensitizes your CNS so that you have symptoms.  While your body and brain are "repairing" themselves, you feel these symptoms more acutely and you need to learn to deal with them as best as possible through self-soothing techniques, help from professionals, etc.  This does two things -- first, it minimizes the distress while you are going through it and, second, to the extent you have remaining symptoms after the repair work is complete, you are better able to deal with them.  So, in essence, I believe you (and I and many of us) have hybrid issue that arises from the drugs kicking off an overly stimulated nervous system.  Time and self-care will help with the repair work and reducing the anxiety that arises from that will help with the symptoms.  None of this "fixes" things in the short term but it makes it more tolerable as time passes and the healing continues to take place.

Hopefully, that helps you to understand how I think about this.  We are all at different stages and some may be "mostly" withdrawal and some may be "mostly" remaining CNS stress and anxiety.  It's hard to know where you are on the spectrum, but I think intense distressing about it is not helpful to recovery and, while it is extremely hard to do, to the extent you can refuse to allow the symptoms to dominate your life, the better off you will be.

Best,

Andy

Andy

Very clear indeed - you could not have explained it better.  I understand perfectly.....

Thank you so much  for again taking the time to answer me - it is so appreciated.

Love

Lee (f)

FREEDOM -  IT WILL HAPPEN.

freedom.jpg

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, divalee said:

FREEDOM -  IT WILL HAPPEN.

freedom.jpg

WOW!  Such a great image, Lee.  Thanks!

Best,

Andy

28 minutes ago, apace41 said:

WOW!  Such a great image, Lee.  Thanks!

Best,

Andy

You are so welcome Andy - you have again motivated me to keep on going - no matter what - and given me hope and courage again.....I know I am the only one that can do it - but we meet people along our road of life to help us along especially when we are in our darkest place -  Thank you

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi Divalee. I agree with apace 41. Sounds to me like a lot of anxiety has built up. So easy for that to happen. These symptoms get overwhelming and it is impossible to ignore them. Especially dizziness. That is one of my main symptoms. 

I have come to and understanding with myself that there is no quick fix, no surgery nor meds to fix this. It is all timing and patience. So I decided months ago, that I will go on, and through, each and every day and that one day, this will all be behind me. We don't have that crystal ball to look into and show us the day we will be whole again. Until then, tell yourself, these are symptoms. Go ahead and let them come and keep doing what ever it is that you have to do and continue with any plans you have. Tell yourself you can't change this current circumstance but you can, and will, live through it. 

I too, read Claire Weeks book and I am about to read it again. Her methods are so right. I think one of the biggest and worse symptoms we all share, is the anxiety. We have to help ourselves over come that. I believe that most symptoms are from the cns repairing itself and they will, eventually, stop but the anxiety, we can make that worse as we heal. We worry about each symptom and when will it go away and then as soon as that symptom goes away, boom...a new one appears and we then worry about that one. We get ourselves into a loop of worry. Each time we do that, we are telling our brain to be on alert. Thus, the loop of anxiety.

This too shall pass. You are strong. Look how far you have come. Keep on keeping on and move forward. Sending hugs, prayer and positive thoughts. 

Started Wellbutrin 300xl mid July, 2009. Stopped Wellbutrin 300xl cold turkey May 8, 2017

Started having symptoms started June 2, 2017. Started Wellbutrin 150xl July 7, 2017

Started Remeron 15mg August 15, 2017. Increased Remeron to 30mg October 4, 2017

Increased Wellbutrin to 300xl November 24, 2017. Lowered Wellbutrin 300xl back to 150xl January 8, 2018

Started weaning off of Remeron 30mg. Cut to 22.25mg January 11, 2018

Cut Remeron to 15mg January 18, 2018 Cut Remeron to 7.5mg January 25, 2018

Cut Remeron to 3.5mg January 30,2018. Stopped taking Remeron February 1, 2018

Currently taking: Fish Oil, Magnesium, Calcium, Vit D, Progesterone,

Hormone Replacement Pellets-Estrogen Testosterone