Redmanone: Withdrawing from invega sustenna

Redmanone

Redmanone, just want to check on you. How are you feeling?

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redmanone

• oskcajga

• Altostrata

• InvisibleUnless

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Redmanone,

I've been sufering from zero emotions and severe cognitive issues after withdrawing from zyprexa since last November.

Well anyway I started eating half a handful of peanuts a day (for magnesium) and introduced fish into my diet after following Schizor's example. He also recovered from zyprexa withdrawal.

I have now completely recovered. Since two days ago.

I read an article (though I can't find it now) that withdrawal from antipsychotics completely depletes the brain of magnesium. So sensible supplementation might be a logical thing to do to recover.

Thanks adagioo for the concern. Im doing fine now. And i will try to get some magnesium in my diet Malf.

Anafranil 100mg

-was injected with invega sustenna 234mg then a week later 156mg

well guys, i think im dying. i feel absolutely terrible. basically bed ridden. couldnt even get out of the house today. idk whats wrong with me, ive been feeling like this for the past few days. actually dying wouldnt be such a bad thing now. i kind of want this to end. im not strong enough for this **** anymore. ive tried and gave it my best shot. 

I went through a similarly horrible experience for different reasons.  Total life upsetting, unexpected situation that lead to intolerable physical pain, numbness, loss of cognitive function, and anger.

It was excruciatingly difficult.  But I started getting relief by practicing acceptance and surrendering (I sort of tried practicing giving up controlling my own destiny).  I found surrendering my life like that to be helpful, but i only got there when the pain was SO IMMENSE that I was literally ready to blow my brains out or jump off a building.  I didn't get immediate relief, but knowing that I'm not really the one who can control the outcome of my life was strangely helpful.

This is not easy or fun, but I feel like it's extremely important.  I just sort of accepted the fact that I was a human, and humans are mammals, and mammals sometimes suffer.  I surrendered to the fact that my life might be very miserable for a long period of time, and that I may not recover.  I just sort of accepted it.  I even got on my knees and just gave my power over to the universe in a sense (or God for some religious people out there). 

More recently, I've become more cynical about it all - that there is nothing special about Oskcajga, and no reason that I shouldn't suffer more than the poor dude in Mumbai who needs to chop off his limbs to get extra money from panhandling (for example).   Suffering is an important and very real part of human existence, and my suffering is no more significant or tragic than anyone elses.  I've learned that there's almost no limit to human suffering, but that the more suffering we endure the more we appreciate things when the suffering disappears.  

Perhaps you are sort of like myself, i was more or less indestructible and got away with a lot of behavior that most people did not get away with for many many years.  I was "better" than most people, I believed.  Turns out I just had a very lucky life.  I may have had abilities that were above most "normal people" but that didn't preclude me to suffering and losing all of those abilities out of excessive pride, bad mistakes, or just BAD LUCK.  The SSRIS and then the complications with psych meds really humbled the **** out of me and made me appreciate my life a lot more, and not to take things for granted.  They also made me miserable.  I have to really TRY hard to practice surrender and acceptance.   I could have just killed myself, but there was a strong desire to keep going early on - even though I was absolutely miserable and not enjoying a single minute of life for MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS.  I sort of had this egotistic desire to keep on living.

Hopefully you will benefit from this miserable experience.  Seems hard to imagine right now.

Also, very few situations like yours are permanent.  It may seem permanent, but you'll start to see improvements.  I would endure for 3 months, and then re-evaluate.  Send me a message if you'd like to chat.

Redmanone, I'm so happy to hear you're doing ok. Try not to despair, your emotions will come back soon, hold on.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Thanks adagioo. I will try to be as positive as i can be.

Anafranil 100mg

Redmanone, I can't answer your PM because my PMs aren't going through. Hope you are getting better, hang in there.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

im still impotent, and i feel very emotionally withdrawn still. but i did notice in the hospital that i did have emotions. i was scared and i cried a little bit. those are some small signs of improvement in my book. 

Anafranil 100mg

im still impotent, and i feel very emotionally withdrawn still. but i did notice in the hospital that i did have emotions. i was scared and i cried a little bit. those are some small signs of improvement in my book. 

hospital?  You went back to a hospital?

Yea i went back for suicidal tendencies about a week or so ago. Now im out though.

Anafranil 100mg

Yea i went back for suicidal tendencies about a week or so ago. Now im out though.

You may have been suicidal, but now you're taking a powerful (and dangerous) tricyclic antidepressant (according to your signature). 

Is that still true?   Or have you stopped taking it?  I don't remember.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better now Redmanone. I was reading back through your thread and noticed these:

Im still taking the zoloft and wellbutrin but plan to start weening down shortly.

Im just taking wellbutrin 150mg ( i cut in half last night) and zoloft 50mg.

I was living happily with adderall to make me feel alive, xanax to wind down, tramadol to go into a slow mo,...

...but all you have in your signature is Anafranil and Invega with no dates, so its a bit confusing. What's happening with the wellbutrin and zoloft now?  Are you still taking anafranil?

Alto suggested you start tapering zoloft, did you do that?

Please would you update your signature with a more complete history.

Here's how to add your signature from a phone or tablet:

http://survivinganti...nature/?p=84105

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

well i quit taking to zoloft and wellbutrin. now im only taking anafrinil. i guess i must have erased it.

Anafranil 100mg

Why did you go to a hospital?  Isn't that sort of a dangerous idea - considering that they can involuntarily confine you if they deem you a threat to yourself or others?

So you're feeling a bit better.  That's good to hear. 

At some point you're going to have to get off the trycyclic in order to fully recover.  Any plans for when your taper is going to be?

Yea im getting off it now. Im taking half of the dose for a couple nights and then gonna cold turkey soon. I dont trust medicine anymore. And its making my impotence worse. Do you have any idea when this invega will leave my system and ill start to feel better???

Anafranil 100mg

Yea im getting off it now. Im taking half of the dose for a couple nights and then gonna cold turkey soon. I dont trust medicine anymore. And its making my impotence worse. Do you have any idea when this invega will leave my system and ill start to feel better???

You're going wayy to quickly off the tryciclic - I strongly recommend that you don't do that.  Who knows what will happen when you combine Invega sustaina WITH a rapid taper.  Slow down the taper, or you could be in for some nasty protracted withdrawal symptoms that rival or even exceed those due to the invega sustaina.

This website recommends 10% every month, but you can do what you want - BUT SLOW IS BETTER THAN FAST.  Trust me, I have been destroyed by an all too fast taper. 

In regards to the invega sustana, with a half life of 45 days, it's going to be around for a while.  Try to keep the half life in mind.  I don't know when you're going to start feeling better - I wish I could tell you a definitive time course - but if you slowly taper the tryciclic and don't take any more drugs you'll heal over time and will be fully recovered eventually.

ive not been on the trycylic that long, im going to try and taper it fast and get it over with. besides when i went to the hospital they didnt care about tapering they just ripped me off of whatever i was taking and plugged something new into me. its how it happens all the time. I had a blood plasma level test done on the invega. i had 9.4 ng/ml left in my system a month ago. so needless to say its still in my system at least a little.

Anafranil 100mg

ive not been on the trycylic that long, im going to try and taper it fast and get it over with. besides when i went to the hospital they didnt care about tapering they just ripped me off of whatever i was taking and plugged something new into me. its how it happens all the time. I had a blood plasma level test done on the invega. i had 9.4 ng/ml left in my system a month ago. so needless to say its still in my system at least a little.

Well let us know what happens.

I will oskcaga, thanks for caring. :(

Anafranil 100mg

Hey redman, hope you feel better soon man. I'm still coming off of zyprexa and I don't think I am getting better either. In fact, some days it seems to get worse. The fact that it might go on for a very long time is terrifying. I alreadt  have been going strong for 10 months now and it feels like an eternity. Zyprexa is a lot different than invega though. I can feel pleasure and emotions but they are amplified all crazy and I have massive mood swings. I'm all over the place all of the time, some days I feel insane. I get really pissed about this too. I had no idea a drug could have this type of affect on someone. I guess I do now.

Hang in there man, I know it's hard to do. I would have checked myself in a long time ago if I thought it would help. Let me know if you need anything.

2007-2010 - adderall, vyvanse, klonopin, prozac, symbyax, ativan, klonopin, seroquel, gabapentin, lyrica, concerta, lithium, elavil,  

2011-2014 - adderall, vyvanse, gabapentin, celexa, cymbalta, intuiv, tegretol, lamictal, risperdal, zyprexa, trazondone, wellbutrin

May 2014 - Vyvanse - 70 mg, gabapentin 3200 mg, zyprexa - 20 mg

August 2014 - Gabapentin 800 mg, zyprexa 10 mg

October 2014 - Attempted to taper off of zyprexa completely - did not succeed, gabapentin 900 mg

January 2015 - Zyprexa 5 mg, switched to seroquel @ 100 mg, gabapentin 900 mg 

Feburary 2015 - Seroquel - 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

March 2015 - Seroquel - 100 mg, zyprexa 5 mg as needed, gabapentin 900 mg

April 2015 - Determined seroquel was useless but remained at 25-50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

May 2015 - Seroquel 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg, tenex 2mg

June 2015 - Seroquel 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

July 2015 - Seroquel upped to 100 mg to stabilize, gabapentin 900 mg, took olanzapine six times 10 mg, tenex 2mg

Jammin, so u can feel pleasure? How long did this take for u to feel emotions again? Are ur sexual functions working?

Anafranil 100mg

Yeah my sexual stuff is okay but I think there are still a lot of toxins down there because it make my girlfriend feel sick. I can feel pleasure but I am far from normal. I guess I should be thankful for that much. It took me about at least six months before the acute phase was up. That was pretty hard for a while but it was more schizoid than anything (originally I was BP II allegedly). I haven't really been feeling like myself in a while though whatever that means anymore I don't really know. I have been WDing pretty hard since last october. My personality changes all the time. I get bits and pieces of it back and a lot has come back that I didn't realize I was missing bc I've been on APs since 2011. I am crazy manic or crazy depressed or both. All whacked out man.  Im moving forward I think but I know how painfully slow it is. Sometimes its one step forward two steps back. Ya know? 

Feel free to send me a PM if you need anything man or just want to rant. I check BL too. Hang in there. I think you will start feeling better soon. There was a 3 month mark and six month mark and then kind of plateaued out after that. I think I am in the 'long middle' of recovery now as the rehab gods speak of. 

2007-2010 - adderall, vyvanse, klonopin, prozac, symbyax, ativan, klonopin, seroquel, gabapentin, lyrica, concerta, lithium, elavil,  

2011-2014 - adderall, vyvanse, gabapentin, celexa, cymbalta, intuiv, tegretol, lamictal, risperdal, zyprexa, trazondone, wellbutrin

October 2014 - Attempted to taper off of zyprexa completely - did not succeed, gabapentin 900 mg

April 2015 - Determined seroquel was useless but remained at 25-50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

July 2015 - Seroquel upped to 100 mg to stabilize, gabapentin 900 mg, took olanzapine six times 10 mg, tenex 2mg

I tried ambien and it didnt work. Do antipsychotics prevent sedatives from working too? Wtf im so done.

Anafranil 100mg

Red,

ever since I was put on Cipralex (AD) and Fluanxol (AP) the benzos stopped working on me. I think APs prevent benzos from working at least in some cases. Same goes for alcohol. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

• Administrator

Redman, please stop going on and off drugs. I can't follow what you've done since your first post June 17. It's not even been a month!

Every change in drug dosage causes more upset in your nervous system. We had talked about gradually tapering Zoloft but it seems you've virtually cold-turkeyed Zoloft and Wellbutrin as well as the Invega fading from your system.

In addition, you mention taking "adderall to make me feel alive, xanax to wind down, tramadol...."

Stop using drugs like you have been using them -- you will only mess your nervous system up more.

Read this: The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

As Oskcajga implied, you're playing chicken going to the hospital. Do you want some more shots of Invega? You're lucky they didn't admit you to the psych ward with an involuntary.

When we talk about being patient and letting your system heal itself, we're talking about months and months, not a few weeks. You've got to do this to take care of yourself, nobody can do this for you.

What exactly are you taking now? Please do NOT make any changes in the near future.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I take 50 mg anafranil nightly and im trying to wean myself off of that. I really want to be drug free. Seems how drugs are apparently of no benefit for me, since invega rendering me immune to any drugs effects. :( im losing hope and im not using drugs to get high.

Im just trying to see if im totally destroyed or not. Which in my case i guess i am.

Anafranil 100mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Please take notice of what Alto has written. You are not 'totally destroyed' but by continuing to go on and off drugs too fast, you are continuing to do further damage to yourself.

Read the link she posted for you and this one:   Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Well now im taking anafranil 100mg because my ocd has resurfaced full affect.

Anafranil 100mg

Red make sure you don't toy around with dosages much man because it will increase the amount of time it takes to recover. This past week has been good for me. Not super depressed and not very manic at the moment. It has been tolerable and I am beginning to make some big steps I think which is comforting. It was 10 long months of hell but starting to regain some hope. With APs I think it usually takes at least a year to fully recover sometimes more. But as I get closer to a year I am beginning to feel a lot more like myself. After six months you should see some improvements as well. Knowledge is key in this situation and knowing that you will get better should give you hope. Make sure you read everything you can get your hands on from this site and any other info you can find. You should always taper really slow with everything so you don't flare up your nervous system.

I struggle with substances at times as well but they only will delay recovery. For those of us that struggle with substances the task at hand will be twice as difficult because our typical coping strategies are no longer an option. The first six months off of APs is the hardest and lots of weird symptoms will start popping up but piece by piece you will get your functioning and personality back. We just have to be patient.

I have felt the worst I have ever felt coming off of APs but I know if I get through this and can learn to deal with the radical emotions I feel on a daily basis, I will be able to deal with whatever mental health problems I face when I am off of these drugs. This is going to be one of the hardest things you ever go through but there is a lot to learn if we manage to find the fortitude to push through it. I know you have it in you red. We will get better. 

You should update your signature with all the drugs you are taking and the dosages as well. Did you stop taking all of the ADs?

im taking 100mg Anafranil for OCD, my ocd is coming back with a vengence. Earlier i used marijuana to treat my ocd and it went away. now that my brain is returning to its previous self, i think its causing my ocd symptoms to flare up. The depression is hard too. I really hope to see some improvements in the next month. im tired of being this impotent shadow of myself.

Anafranil 100mg

It's actually probably a good sign believe it or not. Your brain will start becoming more active the longer you are off of the invega. Having in an increase in activity means your brain is working towards healing. Remember that some things will get worse before they get better. 

• Administrator

How long have you been taking anafranil? Does it make you feel better, worse, or the same?

What are your current symptoms?

Please do NOT change any drug dosages for a good while, unless you are having adverse effects from the drug.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Redmanone, I hope you are feeling better and your emotions and sexuality are starting to come back. If they haven't already they will. Just give it some time. Take good care of yourself and don't give up. ((((((hugs)))))).

03/04-11/04 Abilify

Drunk af and took 30mg adderall. Feeling emotions and feeling strongly that recovery is near. Future holds good things. God bless me and everyone and heal everyone who suffers from the evil drugs on this Earth.

Anafranil 100mg