SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Roads: Introduction

Roads

I am distraught. My brain went on the progress I have mentioned -must not be far from a breakthrough-, but because of an ear infection, i have been prescribed antiobiotics which i have just found out, after a few doses (three / four), are fluoroquinolones. Those are very dangerous antibiotics that can cause nervous and psychiatric adverse effects, sometimes protracted, and I fear one oh so badly. The point is that it is a local solution and that it may not affect the rest of the body, but I am ******* scared.

First AD -sertraline- in 2007at the age of 13 because of child abuse

2009-2013: intricate story of multiple wds, meds and cts, gradually became a living mess

Feb 2013: last CT from a cocktail of four drugs, symptoms are relenting but witness a constant sharpening of the brain

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roads

• Altostrata

• Nadia

• Rhiannon

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Roads,

Not everyone has a bad reaction to fluoroquinolones, you may be fine.  I think it was MrAnxious, another member here, recently took them.  I just looked on his thread, when he took them, his anxiety did increase while on them, but 20 days later he posted that he was feeling good again, see his posts here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2595-mranxious-3-months-off-effexor-xr-6-years-on/?p=87588

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2595-mranxious-3-months-off-effexor-xr-6-years-on/?p=89967

How are you feeling now?  Please let us know how you are doing.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 8 months later...

It has been a long time. I am sorry for the silence, but I was barely able to realise what I was doing. The scant intake of fluoroquinolone turned innocuous. This is the first time in my life that my mind is fit enough to be properly aware of things, because before I got on meds at the age of thirteen -seriously, how can a doctor put a child on drug? how can drug companies commit illegal marketing of antipsychotics for children? How?- I was gravely blunted by my father, a narcissistic pervert. I am one of the sadly long list of people who ended up -gravely- harmed by psychiatry because they have been harmed and traumatized by life. Now that I can feel emotions, for the first time in my life, I find it so heartbreaking. 

My brain now display "upgrades" that give away incredible drug damages. After 26 monthes off drugs, I am so much more aware of the volume of things, of their spatiality that I feel like I have entered in a 3D world. I am not joking. this is very impressive. Like I said, I can also have emotions, for the first time in my life and since only a few monthes, that is to say roughly two ******* years after having quitted the brain dissolving poisons. I am nearly 22. I am discovering life. I see also many more things than on drugs. Throughout the withdrawal, I regularly took a look at the same pictures, and each time, I noticed new elements. I litteraly see many more things than in the past, as if my mind was now able to properly process and analyze my perceptions. I could go on detailing the brain "upgrades" for a long time. The ravages they reveal are mind boggling. 

I am still very weak and utterly disabled, unwell all the time. My brain made tremendous progress, so the future could be promising, but because of the withdrawal I damaged my ears and I developped tinnitus and hyperacusis, Honestly, the prospect of being disabled while i was finally to enter life makes me suicidal. My life is absurd. i feel like an aberration. I am all alone and have always been, because the drugs completly destroyed my humanity and social drive, as well as the ability to enjoy relationships and life on the whole.  I litteraly know nothing of life, though being 21.

The solitude is horrendous. I have been alone now for years because of the withdrawal, hurt by the only human being around, my mother, as if I had not been abused enough by my father. I am so alone and so desperate. I am sorry for the negativity, but i am breaking out. Ironically, now my brain has healed enough to allow me to suffer from my situation.

I nonetheless want people to know about the progress of my brain. I am not healed, I do not even know If I will be alive to be able to enjoy a healthy brain, but the progress are amazing, and I wanted it to be known so that maybe people be encouraged. My brain has been harmed when in a developmental stage, at the age of 13, but still sports blazing recovery powers. I am proud of this little heap of meat. It is as if I had a friend and that somebody wanted me good, once in my life. 

As I have said, I have now a decent sense of things and capacity of judgement, for the first time in my life, contrarily to a rather long period when they were so damaged that I completely lost my mind. Psychiatry ironically made me mad. I made posts here in this state, something I am rather ashamed about. Psychiatry took me everything, and even deformed me, since withdrawal made me a monster of agressivity. I don't want to be a monster, I want to be human. I feel so tainted. 

This new sense of things made me realise the importance of what is achieved by this site, and I wanted to thanks the people who run it. I am extremely grateful for the information and the attention provided. I have been greeted and cared about, and maybe this is because I never really experienced it in my life, but I am deeply moved by that. 

First AD -sertraline- in 2007at the age of 13 because of child abuse

2009-2013: intricate story of multiple wds, meds and cts, gradually became a living mess

Feb 2013: last CT from a cocktail of four drugs, symptoms are relenting but witness a constant sharpening of the brain

• Administrator

Thank you, Roads. It is always good to hear from you.

Please feel you are welcome and loved here.

You have come such a long way, it will take time, you will heal.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.