kimba21: caught on so many meds

kimba21

hi im new here im caught on so many meds chlorpromazine an anti sycotic for 4 weeks now but im on mirtazipine for 6 weeks im also on lyrica for fibro pain and im on zopliclone for a long time now  I know I need to start getting off one at a time.

doctors have tried me on a lot of anti sycotic drugs olanzapine worked for a while then I started getting major anziety I tried saphris and serequel but they failed too I got so bad on them.....so for 4 weeks ive been on chlorpromazine to see if it would work it helped for sleep but this too gives me anziety and I shake a lot.ive been weening off valiuim prior to all this and ffinally got off but I got so much anziety I thought I would try anti cycotic drugs and now those have been so bad for me I was foolish to try them while still so early in my withdrawal from valiuium im back on valiuium 4 weeks now at 10mgs and tho doctors want to keep me on chlorpromazine its causing me so much trouble.

im here to ask for advice im on 5 drugs and I know im in a mess now but know the anti cycotic drug is causing me so much trouble for me I know I need to get off the one causing me so much grief that's chlorpromazine and mirtazipine anti cycotic drugs don't agree with me I don't want to be caught on benzos too long cos I was addicted to them for so long in your opiion I saw some posts and you say get off the one that causes you so much grief....but how do I go about this....I have a understanding doctor she didn't want me on them but I thought they worked in the past so I thought I would try them and that's where I have got bad.

I have been on chlorpromazine for only 4 weeks on 75 for 2 weeks then 50mgs for 1 week then last night I dropped to 25mgs I feel a lot better on the low dose but I think I need to get off them with the help of valiuim do you think this is do able cos I want off the anticycotic and mirtazipine im very scared off all this but I need off a lot of drugs do you think I can get off the anticycotic drug first im on 25mgs now and 7.5 of mirtazipine im so confused what to do which one will help me.....sleep is important and I know going off these two drugs I wont get much sleep im trying to do this and keep a job if astotra can help me with advice that would be good im a mess but valiuium is helping me keep stable.....im sorry if this is all too much as im confused and im sorry ....I just need your advice.....I know benzo buddies say get off valiuium first but the othe two main drugs cause me so much anziety if you can guide me that would help so much ive got so many people telling me what ti do ......I know this is a long haul im going through but im hoping for some help other than scys who don't understand

thanks a lot Kimba 21

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimba21

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kimba, welcome to SA!

I know this is difficult, but you will get better help if you can put your drug history in your signature:

How to complete your Signature

or

Complete your Signature from Phone or Tablet

What I am looking to find out from your signature is:  when did you start psych drugs?  How long were you on each one?  Was it a matter of days before they ripped you off one and put you on another?  Or was it a matter of months?  How much of each psych drug - including mirtazapine - are you one?  

Please also tell us (it doesn't have to be in signature) other drugs you may be on, such as acid reflux medicine, cholesterol medicine, pain drugs, etc.  We may ask you to put these in your signature later, if they are significant.

First off, you are tapering too fast!  Please be aware that withdrawal reactions are delayed!

When you go off of a drug, sometimes it takes 4-6 months before you feel the withdrawal.  Sometimes shorter, sometimes longer  Please hold (stop tapering) for now, and see what your symptoms are in a month's time before you reduce dose again.

Here is how we recommend tapers of all psych drugs - with certain twists for specific drugs.   Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Please also look here:  Multiple Psych Drugs - Which One To Taper First?

and learn about Withdrawal, so that you know what to expect from the process.

(these are cartoons, they make it easier to understand):  Withdrawal Dialogues - cartoons to encourage you

Mirtazapine is not an antipsychotic, it's an antidepressant that acts on serotonin and noradrenaline.  We do not always agree with benzo buddies here, and tend to leave the benzo until last.  That said, there are always exceptions.  Everyone is an individual, and reactions to this drug are as individual as we are.

A number of psych drugs can contribute to fibro.  You may have drug-induced fibro, which is not in any of the literature.  The side effects of the drug might include muscle weakness, pain, dizziness, fatigue, etc. - but it seems rare that docs are putting together 2+2 that drugs can be a cause of fibro.  (not the only cause, but a big one!) Even if you Google it, you will see that these drugs are often used to treat pain and fibro - but they can also make the condition chronic.  

For a different view causes of Fibro, try:  http://quickhealthnotes.weebly.com/fm-simple-medical-problems.html

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

hi jan carol thankyou so much for tyring to help me  I  filled out my history I hope it helps you im very scared and the only help I get is my gp who is trying to help cos syc doctors here you cant see for months at a time what I need to ask is.....is it safe to drop tonite to half of a 25mgs tablet of lagactil im scared to do it but im hoping my valiuium may help......I also get tinnitus in my left ear I think it may be from valiuium but I never had ringing this bad I wonder if lyrica may be at faul cos I up my dose from 100mgs to 150mgs and that is when I got the ringing if I don't hear back from you im not sure what to do weather to drop again at 12.5mgs or hold at 25mgs.....but this drug really affects me......I hope you can help or if anyone else can help me also I live by myself and have no one to bounce this off

thanks so much looking forward to a reply

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

• Administrator

Welcome, kimba.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

Let's see if we can determine which has the worst effect on you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hello alostrata

I checked all the drugs the site says all of them cause dizziness tiredness impared thinking loss of confussion  and consatration bad balance I get all this from them sorry I didn't know how to copy and paste for you .....the main one isthat is causing me trouble is chlorpromazine (lagactil).....I get so much anziety and start shacking after taking my dose this takes around 3 hours......the other bad one is lyrica since I up my dose ive got ringing in the ears that is so loud it sends me crazy  the one my doctors wanted to take me off was mirtazipine cause it causes me anziety so they all are bad and are causing me so much depression and fear

im here writing this and can hardly consontrate ive had so much problem in the past with anti cycotic drugs and wished I never got on lagactil or mirtazipine but lyrica gives me so much ringing in the ear and bad balance,,,,,i saw my gp yesterday and our plan was to cut off lagactil first then try and get off mirtazipine while im using valiuium

my question is can I cut my lyrica down to 100mgs for the ringing in the ear

and just go off lagactil as I have only been on it 3 weeks

then tackle mirtazipine in a week or two

because of my history with scy drugs do you think I can cut it off while using valiuim is causing me so much problems......and I really want off mirtazipine cause it causes nausea anziety restless legs and joint problems

I only went on lyrica to help me sleep and to help my fibro pain

I know I cant go off all at the same time I was going to cut down my lyrica.....to 100mgs.......and cease lagactil can you sort out a plan for me....my plan was this

1.....cut lyrica to 100mgs for the ringing in the ear........and sease my lagactil since im only on 25mgs and use valiuium to help

2...then in a week or two cut down my mirtazipine

I really trust you as ive been on here before and looked at all your posts so with what im doing I hope will be okay

thanks for trying to help me I don't see a regular syc doctor here cos it takes months the one I saw last week wanted me to come off mirtazipine and start on dothiepin as that drug I used in the past and was good but  did not tell him about my past history with syc drugs so he assumed I was ok on lagactil

right now im shacking have very bad anziety and I assume this is the anti sycotic drug I use it cause its good for sleep and im a bad sleeper my zopliclone does not work that well any more cos ive been on it so long so my story is a bad one I just don't know what to do....all drugs are bad that im on ....im also using thyroid replacement therapy 100cms and I read some where you should not be on lagactil while having hypothyroid issues

I really need to go on the right path....6 months ago I was stripped off all meds and while I was withdrawing my valiuium they gave me dothiepin it helped but I was stupid and thought using syc drugs was my answer to help with withdrawal I wished I only was on dothiepin and stayed away from scyc drugs mirtazipine and lyrica.....at times I fell so bad I want to end things cos I stuffed up asking my gp to try these drugs again .....I just don't know what to do that's why im here for your help....this ringing in the ear is so bad ....but so is lagactil and mirtazipine.

lagacil is good for mood and sleep but it causes me a lot of anziety and shacks I don't see my doctor till Monday so going off lagactil I hope is the right path while cutting down my lyrica

I look forward to your help im trying to work a job while doing all this...

regards kimba21

• Moderator Emeritus
Hi Kimba,

I posted your drug interactions below. 

How long ago did you updose the lyrica to 150mg? At what dose did the ear ringing start?

Because you have only been on the chlorpromazine (lagactil) for 3 weeks, it should be fine to do a fast taper off it, but I will try and get some confirmation on that.

Interactions between your selected drugs
interaction-2-big.png chlorpromazine ↔ diazepam

Applies to: chlorpromazine, Valium (diazepam)

Using chlorproMAZINE together with diazepam may increase side effectsicon1.png such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medicationsicon1.png. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

interaction-2-big.png mirtazapine ↔ pregabalin

Applies to: mirtazapine, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using mirtazapine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctoricon1.png about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png diazepam ↔ pregabalin

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using diazepam together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png chlorpromazine ↔ pregabalin

Applies to: chlorpromazine, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using chlorproMAZINE together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png mirtazapine ↔ eszopiclone

Applies to: mirtazapine, eszopiclone

Using mirtazapine together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png diazepam ↔ eszopiclone

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), eszopiclone

Using diazepam together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png chlorpromazine ↔ eszopiclone

Applies to: chlorpromazine, eszopiclone

Using chlorproMAZINE together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

interaction-2-big.png diazepam ↔ mirtazapine

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), mirtazapine

Using diazepam together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MODERATE

chlorpromazine ↔ mirtazapine

Applies to: chlorpromazine, mirtazapine

Using chlorproMAZINE together with mirtazapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MODERATE

eszopiclone ↔ pregabalin

Applies to: eszopiclone, Lyrica (pregabalin)

Using eszopiclone together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=639-0,1030-0,1640-0,1463-3516,1937-2171,862-441

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

thanks so much for your information I up my dose about one and a half weeks ago and that's when the ringing started my doctor wants me to lower my dose of lyrica by 75 mgs but I think now that will be a huge drop so im going to drop it to 100mgs and see how I go cos ive been on it 4 months ive been thinking so hard about dropping my lagactil  at the same time .... I don't want huge withdrawal syptoms...my gp said to drop my lagactil half of a 25mg tablet every second day but im wondering if dropping both at the same time will be a bad thing or she did say also I could try 25mgs of lagactil every second day but I think she is leaving this up to me this is doing my head in worrying about the changes im making...

1....so I will drop my lyrica down to 100mgs and hope that helps with the ringing in the ear

2....take 25mgs of lagactil every second day

im not sure what to do and you guys know so much about meds on this forum ill stay on my lagactil tonite until I hear from you maybe lagactil isn't to blame im not sure what I worry about the most is I want off mirtazipine and benzos too and was hoping lagactil was going to be a good med for me when I go off mirt  then the benzo....... there was one guy on a site saying staying on lagactil while trying to quit valiuium nearly killed him .

I know by experience in the past benzo  and mirt withdrawal is the hardest drugs to come off

maybe being on a low dose of lagctil may be good im not sure...ill do one drop for tonite and hope I hear back from you...my fault was adding valiuium again after being on off it 3 weeks I should have hung in there but I did it and it was my own fault

if you know of any other people being on lagactil and valiuium and it caused them bad grief please let me know... for tonite I will stop worrying and make the change and see if lagactil isn't to blame but my problem with phc meds have been bad in the past  im not scycophric or bi polar just very chronic anzious person I would like to add mirt makes me anxious and I have tried almost evry other anzieity med they all are bad for me ive got a sensitive body to the newer meds .....thanks for listening to my dribble but hope you can help me I don't want to be put into a loony bin over all these meds

looking forward to hearing from you ........cheers Kimba xx

• Administrator

Kimba, if I were you, I reduce the chlorpromazine by 25% right away. Can you cut the tablet into quarters?

Also, I would go back to the Lyrica dosage you were taking 1.5 weeks ago.

Never, ever skip doses of a drug to taper.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

thanks so much im having a rough time   since im only on 25mgs tablet could you tell me how much of a cut is that half a tablet or quarter tablet I took my lyrica tonite 125mgs last night I did a 50 per drop and I was so bad I done too much of a tapper off it  and a 25mg lagactil tablet because I was not sure I wanted to cut it cos I have ringing in my ear and was putting it down to that.....and how long would I stay on the dose of lagactil.

do you think the ringing is lyrica or valiuium ive only been on valiuium 4 weeks 10mgs im sorry if I seem bumb I just want to cut the lagactil properly and im only on a 25 mgs tablet at night and do you think 125mgs of lyrica is okay

you know my doc wanted me to go from 150mgs of lyrica down to 75mgs

and not take my lagactil skip nights every second night...dam doctors

thanks I will wait for a relpy your being so great thanks

im posting this in hope I get a reply I just don't know what to do about lowering mu 25mgs of lagacil is it half a tablet or do I only reduce it by quarter of a tablet  please I really need your help

should I just stay on lyrica 125mgs for a while but it gives me so much ringing in my ear my doctor say lower both but I did a cot of 50mgs of lyrica and it was so bad I just need your help about these two drugs please for now im going crazy here and need help sorry for sounding so desperate but when you sais cut 25% of lagactil to me that means the whole tablet is that right

please help me  kimba

ive put a post to a moderator but did not get a reply could someone tell me what to do with my meds ostradla said to cut my lagactil by 25% but ive been on 25 mg tablet for 6 nights now and she suggested to cut it by 25% im not sure what she means by that do I just quarter a tablet im not sure

I was on 150mgs of lyrica for 1 and a half weeks I cut it down to 100mgs and got so sick it was a too big a cut so last night I went down to 125mgs can any on advice me what to do cos it gives me ringing in the ear

I think my problem may be the lagactil im on a 25mg tablet should I I cut it into quarters or do I just take half I wanted off mirtazipine cause it causes me anziety and I wish my doc never put me on that one too but what do I cut the mirtazipine cos it gives me anziety and stay on low dose of lagactil im on valiuium and don't want to be on it too long too I was thinking valiuium may help while I cut my mirtazipine but im not quite sure what to do ......you can read my other post to get an idea of the mess im in

any help would be great

kimba

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kimba , welcome to the site.

If Altostrata suggested cutting your largactil by 25% , that means cutting the tablet into 4 and taking 3 of the pieces - 3/4 or 75%.

If the ear-ringing is from cutting Lyrica down from 150mg to 100mg , it will take a few more days at 125mg to feel

more stable , and hopefully the ringing will stop.

Where can I find your other posts? If you click FOLLOW at the top right , you'll receive an email each time someone posts here.

Best wishes , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

hi altostrta

do you mean I should take 100mgs of lyrica and if I quarter my lagactil take 3 quarters leaving out a quarter of a tablet

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kimba , re largactil , yes , take 3/4 of the tablet , and leave out 1/4.

Alto suggested the dose of lyrica you were on 1.5 weeks ago , which looks like it was 100mg.

If you click FOLLOW at the top right , you'll receive an email each time someone posts.

Whereabouts do you live , I'm in Sydney?

Best wishes , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

thankyou so much for your reply I realise how bad lyrica is im in perth wa....im a bit worried wn I dropped my dose of lyrica 50mgs it was horrendous effects this is worrying me to do this and its scaring me so much dropping both at the same time can you...

advice me I haven't dropped my lagactil yet cos im scared of double withdrawals

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand you're scared , but you're going to be okay.

How about you just decrease one at a time then , starting with largactil.

Decrease 25% (so you swallow 3/4 of one tablet) and we can see how you are in a few days.

You may feel safer about changing the lyrica dose once you're taking less largactil.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Fresh is righty:we never advise changing two drugs at the same time.

The problem is that we have difficulties determining your regular dose of lyrica since you keep changing it. It seems you cut from 150 to 100 and immediately felt bad reaction. Then you updosed to 125.i would recommend you stay on that dose while you are tackling largacitil.

I know the symptoms are bad but responding to them by constantly changing dosages creates a vicious circle.

Hang in there.

Bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Administrator

kimba, if the tinnitus (ringing in ears) started when you changed your Lyrica dose, there's a good chance the change caused the ringing. I suggested going back to the dose before your ears started ringing.

Did you reduce the Largactil by a quarter of a tablet? How are you feeling?

hi ive been to my doctor and she has told me ive actually been on lyrica for 3 months now I started at a low dose 50mgs then 75 and then 100 and ive been on 150 for 1.5 weeks that's when the ringing started for one night 3 nights ago I decided to drop it to 100 but got bad side effects so for the past 2 nights have been on 125mgs I want to try and go to 100mgs again but im feeling scared about this is it too soon to go back to 100mgs and also drop my lagactil 25%.....

I know lyrica is causing me so much grief I just need some advice that if its okay to now mess things around and drop to 100mgs or is it safe to stay at 125mgs I want to drop to 100mg but will that just mess up my nervous system im not sure what to do please can anyone advice me cos im so scared of the changes ive done in the past few days .....im really really scared

please help me kimba

hi im very scared and left a message in itroductions about my lyrica and my lagactil if any one can look this up my user name is kimba21 and advice me what to do as I want to make a right choice tonite about if I should go back down to100 of lyrica and cutting my lagactil by 25%......the ringing in my ears started when I went to 150mg....so for 1 night I went too 100 but side effects was bad the ringing dyed down but cause I was having effects I went up to 125 for to nights is it all right to go to 100 again and try again I hope this is not to confusing to you but if you read my posts you will get an insite.....

thanks I hope some one can contact me and help me im super scared right now

kimba

hi everyone im new and ive posted on introductions im shaking and im scared im trying here if you all could read my post on there and get back to me I really need help its about lyrica mainly but also my lagactil any help will be great im very afraid of what to do and im shacking badly with fear if anyone can contact me pleassssseee

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you drop the largactil by 25% last night? Any differences to note?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

no I didn't drop the dose yet that's why im a bit scared to do both what do you think

• Moderator Emeritus

It seems to me it would be best to stick with 125 mg of Lyrica and that 25 % of one quarter decrease Largactil.

I undertsand that you are feeling scared and states these drugs can get as into are very uncomfortable but I'm afraid an online forum can't really help you with that. Can you access some face to face support? Have you ever worked with a therapist? Your biggest problem at the moment is actually fear and you would need some support and strategies on how to cope with fear.

Posting multiple posts and adding new threads won't give you more support but will just create more job for us in an attempt to keep the forum organised. It is enough that you post in your thread. Everybody will see it for sure.

Can you describe our fear? What are you scared of? Describing it can make it more manageable. If you are shaking it might mean you are having experiencing a kind of panic attack. Do you ahve any other symptoms except this fear and shaking? 

Hang in there.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

kimba, I agree with bubble, stick with the 125mg Lyrica for now and reduce the Largactil by a quarter of a tablet, which is what Alto suggested earlier.

Here is a thread with some videos to help you calm down:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6122-guided-meditations-calming-videos-sleep-hypnosis/

I especially like #19 from Baylissa Frederick

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

yes I can understand where your both coming from going back to 100 I should have stuck with cos this ringing is so bad and when I cut to 100 the ringing was good but up to 125mgs the ring is really bad I allways make the wrong decisions....and its so hard to sleep with the ringing

• Administrator

In that case, kimba, I would reduce Lyrica to 100mg.

You may feel strange for a few days afterward. Keep very regular in taking your drugs at the same time each day.

Put all your questions and updates in this topic.

hi guys im thinking of dropping my lagactil by 25% tonite I am still on 125mgs of lyrica the ringing is still so bad and tomorrow night I will cut my lyrica I was so worried about bouncing around too much I hope cutting 2 meds wont send me over the edge I have a lot of belief in aldstrada and hope im doing the right thing with lagactil only time will tell or should I stay on lagactil cos today I was not too anxious this is a hard decision cutting the lyrica is bad enough let alone cutting my lagactil  any thoughts of you guys would be greatful

• Administrator

Do you want to try reducing the Lyrica first?

hi guys hope someone can help me after 4 nights staying on 125mgs of lyrica I decided to drop down to 1oomg altostrada thought it may help the ringing in the ear but its made it worse the ringing is so so bad I think I lowered my dose way too quick the side effects are so bad from shivering anziety nausea the shackes and not able to breath properly kinda like panic attacks I take valiuium and lagactil and they don't help maters ...

any way do any of you guys think its just better to go back up to 125 mg to stabalise and lower later the ringing maybe also from valiuium cos ive been on that over 4 weeks now at 10mgs ......just want this dam aweful feeling to stop and I know lyrica is a hard one to come off we were thinking the ringing may stop lowering it but it has not please if I can get some input tonite as I don't know what path to take im super scared and need reassurance

thanks kimba

• Moderator Emeritus

I'd try to stick it out Kimba , and stay with the 100mg. As Alto said , you may feel odd for a few days. It takes 4 days to register the decrease in your blood stream , so you do need to give it a chance.

What time have you been taking what the past few days?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I only lowered my lyriica last night by 25mgs all the other meds are still the same ive been taking my valiuium 2.5 x4 throughout the day even though some days I was and mixed it around a bit ......I was thinking about going back to 125mgs tonite do you think this is a wise thing to do or try and hang out im so sensitive person...my problems I was off valiuim for 3 weeks then started again to a high dose cos I was taking saphris and had so much anziety that's why I started valiuium again this was foolish but I done it now and im paying for it ......then I got the ringing and put it down to lyrica may be its a both valiuium and lyrica

im taking 25mgs lagactil

the lyrica

mirtazipine7.5

zopliclone15mgs

valiuim 10mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Please read my last post again Kimba.

Did you decrease the largactil by 1/4 of a tablet yet?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

no I did not yet alto said maybe just stick to the lyrica for now but I really want to start cutting it as syc drugs don't agree with me

• Administrator

kimba, looks like this experiment reducing the Lyrica isn't working. I would go back up on the Lyrica and in a couple of days, reduce the Largactil.