kimba21: caught on so many meds

kimba21

How horrible nobody gold me that my insane brain fog a few months after stopping Zoloft could have been withdrawal. If I just had known my life would have been so different now. Wished I found this site years ago, but things are how they are aren't they. Nothing you can do about it.

Zoloft from 15 to 21. From to 21 to 23 nothing. Now on discontinuing Lorazepam and Xanax but doctors want to put me on other stuff too because I am not doing so well at the moment. Here for support on how to be 'mentally ill' and yet avoiding psychiatric interfering. I am at my lowest at the moment yet really want to avoid getting drugged even more. Really need some emotional support because feel so alone and afraid. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimba21

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys I made it through the last two nights on 100mg of lyrica tonite will be my third night so going back up to 125mgs will just be stuffing my systym up so ill continue on 100mgs and stay on that for a bit......I need to determin what needs to go next is it the lagactil or is it the mirtazipine was on it years ago and makes me so dam anxious so I know I need to look hard into what is more important to drop the lagactil or the mirt or ill never get off the benzos too down the road  this does my head in I know I must take things slow and not make too many changes.......ill leave things as is for tonight and think what is best to do as I take all my meds at night its hard .....so any help or advice would be great

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

• Mentor

Hello Kimba, and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!    From a fellow Australian, you in Perth?  I am in Albany............  you have found a safe haven,,,,,,,,,,,,  I am still a bit scrambled, but heaps better.  Yes trust the advice here... I have no advice to give, except I found this site 6 months ago?  Not sure?  Brain still scrambled, but it was a lifesaver for me.

You are doing fine!. Hugs............  hope you feel my hug

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

hi alto I hope you get to read this I did send a reply on here im not sure if it was page 1 or here on 2 but tonite will be my 3rd night on 100mgs of lyrica I have not made a reduce of my lagactil yet cos im wondering if its mirtazipine making me really anxious its hard cos im caught on 4 drugs plus the valiuium I did not want to go on the mirt but my gp said give it a go that was 6 weeks ago ...my body does not go well with anti sycotic drugs lagactil does not make me pace but I find after 6 to 8 hours usually the next night I start shacking hand trembling and anziety the ringing of the ears is really bad but I read a post from skyler saying wn he did a change the ringing got worse too because I was on valiuium and did a 6 month wean 3 weeks later I was anxious itried saphris it made me me pace and then we tried serequel that's when I went bk on valiuium at a high dose of 10 mgs no I find out that this was not the thing I should of done I should have gone to the er instead of going bk on the valiuium and may be the mixture of lyrica and going bk on valiuium has made my ears so bad....im hoping alto can help me determine what is the best rout for me I was hoping lagactil would work and it would be the answer put just popping another pill isn't so my next thing is to determine to get off the mirt or the lagactil for tonite I will try and sleep and hope alto can guide me im super anxious and tired and need to try and rest im just so tired off all this if only the ringing was not peicering my head.... GOOD NIGHT FOR NOW KIMBA XX

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

im hoping alto or someone can help me decide weather to drop mirtazipine or lagactil one drug must go they both are not good for me but while im on valiuim im hoping someone can help me decide what to move off first I was thinking lagactil but mirt makes me just as anxious can someone give me some idea what to do

im hoping alto gets this and can help mirtazipine is a bad drug even tho its not a anti sycotic lagactil does not make me pace but I do get the shackes later in the day and anziety but I was on mirt years ago and its bad for anziety im just hoping to make the right move if its mirt or lagactil thanks I hope someone can give me advice to ease my mind the ringing in the ears are still so bad I feel so alone trying to do this and scared .....please help if you can.....kimba

• Moderator Emeritus

Kimba, if I were you, I reduce the chlorpromazine by 25% right away. Can you cut the tablet into quarters?

You didn't do this, but reduced the Lyrica instead.

kimba, looks like this experiment reducing the Lyrica isn't working. I would go back up on the Lyrica and in a couple of days, reduce the Largactil.

You didn't do this but stuck with the Lyrica reduction.

hi guys I made it through the last two nights on 100mg of lyrica tonite will be my third night so going back up to 125mgs will just be stuffing my systym up so ill continue on 100mgs and stay on that for a bit.....

Maybe give yourself a bit more time to stabilize from this cut before tapering anything else.

.my body does not go well with anti sycotic drugs lagactil does not make me pace but I find after 6 to 8 hours usually the next night I start shacking hand trembling and anziety

lagactil (chlorpromazine) is an anti-psychotic, if I were you I would taper this one next. Alto has also suggested you taper this one next. We can only offer advice, its up to you if you follow it or not.

Listening to something calming through headphones can distract you from the ear ringing. I also have this problem and find this helps me when it gets bad.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

thanks for your advice yeah its a hard thing to judge which to reduce next at some point I want off mirt so they can put me back on dothep cos that done me well and I know I cant go on dothep while on mirt so im driving my self crazy if to go off mirt first or not maybe I should take your advice and cut the lagactil but will discuss this with my doctor ill post to you guys after I talk to her thanks again petuinia xx

yeah im gonna leave my cut for a few days then start with the lagactil cut like alto said and stay stable on all the other drugs

thanks kimba

hi everyone I saw my doctor and she is pleased about the lyrica cut as we needed to cut one med out I agree with alto and so does my doctor so I am gonna reduce the lagactil by 25% like alto told me too I think im ready to do this tomorrow night im on valiuium so that should help with the anziety ive only been on lagactil 4 weeks so baybe the cuts will be okay for me my gp said try it for 3 days and if I feel okay take another quarter off and maybe if im lucky I may be off it in 1 week...or do you think im pushing that too much im feeling quite good today and want some off these meds gone

but I will do the cut as from tomorrow nigh as I have to work tomorrow just in case im bad here is too hoping

the ringing is super bad but its something I will have to put up with for now....hope more people can pop on and let me know if this is a good thing....if I have learnt one thing and that anti sycotic drugs are not for me and dam my scyc doctor for putting me on it

love to you all Kimba x

I want to say thanks to you all for trying to help me I know to you I must sound like a crazy person not knowing what I want but one thing I know now is im staying on 100mgs of lyrica and tomorrow night will cut my dose of lagactil by 25% like alto said and see how I go

thanks to you all this site is so helpful for me as I live alone and drugs have made me house bound until I have to work and that's a panic but I need to work to live......any way my kind thanks to you all espaecially fresh.....and alto

love to you all I will keep you updated I like to come on here daily as it helps having others who care

xxxxxxxkimba

would it help if if go back to 125mgs of lyrica would it help the ringing stabalise or have I done damage now I allways make bad desisions

• Administrator

kimba, I'm confused. Didn't you send me a note saying reducing the Lyrica reduced the ringing in your ears?

Did reducing the Lyrica make the ringing better or worse? Or is it the same?

If it's the same or better, I would stay with the reduced amount of Lyrica. Do that for at least 4 days.

Then, I would reduce the Largactil by 25%, it sounds like you have serious side effects from it.

If your doctor wants you to eliminate one drug, why has she not guided your taper?

Also, when you post, please put spaces in between your paragraphs, like I'm doing. It makes your posts easier to read and to understand.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi alto at first the ringing was not to bad but the side effects were so massavive so I went back up to 125mgs and stayed there for a few days and the ringing was not too bad but because we thought we would go to the level we thought the ringing started I went and lowerwd my dose.

I have been on 100mgs now 3 nights and the ring is so bad worse than ever I think making the jump from 150mgs to 100mgs was just to much a jump I should have stayed at 125mgs and stabilised there but because of dissiness with all the meds I am on that was a another factor involved

it could be a factor that im on a high dose of valiuium 10mgs im not sure but I think going bk to 125 mgs may be the best thing to do and in a couple of days like you said lower my lagactil.

do you think raising my dose of lyrica will help the ringing cos dropping it to 100mgs has made it super bad.

I will wait and hear back from you about this my doctor was in agreence about lowring the lagactil be fore mirtazipine as its a anti sycotic and they are bad for you.

thanks for all your help with this cos you are the most knowlable person

im falling apart and don't know what to do with the lyrica changes I don't know if I should stay on the dose the last three days or raise it .......and I think the lagactil is interfering with valiuium im alone and don't know what to do right now im trying to say calm and don't know which dose to stick on if anyone can help me please do as I am so scared and having a hard time with it all

thanks kimba

• Moderator Emeritus

Kimba , tonight will be night 4 on lyrica 100mg.    I'd stay with that dose if i were you - remember it will take a while for the extra you took 

to work it's way out of your system.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi alto since our time difference is so far apart I have been chatting to fresh and skyler about all this skyler said going up or down in his lyrica spiked the ringing in the ears so im not quite sure weather going up will seetle the ears skyler said not to change things until I run it past you and I agree with him on that cos your the expert

and fresh did say that it takes 4 or 5 days for your system to settle down one thing I am sure of and that is the lagactil is causing me grief and it must go im gonna wait until I hear from you on this one and stop worrying my self sick tonite

fresh said making a change down from lagactil must be a good thing cos in my mind lagactil is a bad drug so I will wait to hear your opinion about the lyrica weather we go up or stay at where I am ill stay on my 25mg of lagactil tonite and see if you think I should wait a few days before dropping it as the nervus system is pretty stuffed

I really think your take on this is important to me cos your really good a all this the lagactil will get lowered it just a mater weather you think I should wait a few days

thanks again alto for guiding me here ive found some good friends here trying to help me

just to add at 125mgs the ringing was not as bad as now

talk more about this tomorrow....

xxkimba

i would like to read you this from skyler cos i think its important

the longer i kept trying to fix it by readjusting the dose either up or down the longer kept up....you need to stay at the same dose (the one agreed upon by you and alto) for some time and thinngs should settle

thought that may help us decide what the best rout

nite nite my dear freind

• Administrator

kimba, the ringing seems bad whether you are at 100mg Lyrica or higher. It also seems to come and go.

I would stick with 100mg. More does not seem to be better.

I agree with Skyler that it's the dosage changes that are the problem.

Please keep notes on paper about your symptoms: When they occur, what they are like, and when you take your drugs and how much.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

yeah im going to stick on 100mgs and stay on this

ive been putting off the lagactil drop but will do it tonite I was hoping alto would say weather or not to drop the lagactil or not so I will just do it tonite

I think now that the valuium reinstatment done me damage being free for 4 weeks then when it got tough I started again and that has caused my ringing in the ears and the lyrica drop made it worse.

nothing I can do now I would love to drop my valiuium too but that may cause more withdrals so looks like I will have too stick this it for now

the ing is I feel so doped up with the valiuium ive been takinf 4x2.5 doses daily but may be I should take 2 2.5 doses during the day and the 5mgs at night

the thing is I take all my meds at night I don't have morning doses of an antidepressant

and I may need to take my meds earlier even then I don't sleep all that much keep waking during the night and for me I need my sleep

any advice would be good

• Moderator Emeritus

Dividing your doses of valium and taking it throughout the day sounds like a good idea kimba.    Skyler is the best one to advise you

about this.  You may find that you don't get the evening pre-med. panic-period once you start spacing it out.

You already have Alto's blessing to drop the largactil , so I'm pleased you feel up to doing it tonight.

:)  

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

hi fresh how are you today im feeling so doped up at the moment I took doses of my valium to close together because of the anziety cutting the lyrica

im trying to hold off that last 5mg dose until a lot later I have asked skler for his advice

im trying to distract my self and watching some tv its helping a bit

ill wait and see what he thinks I want to start dropping the valiuium but not sure its the right time

im sure its the valiuium now that started the ringing but then wn I started lowering the lyrica it got so much worse

so now the ringing is worse cos of both drugs......oh well ill keep trying to keep going

• Moderator Emeritus

You might want to start a thread in the members only benzo forum.   You will get advice about dividing your valium dose there.

I'm well , thanks for asking kimba.     :)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

hi fresh actually alto has not told me to drop lagactil yet I now think if I drop that too tonite I will be worse the anziety and shacking is so bad ive dropped lyrica too qickly and now I am paying for it ....it may be better to wait a little bit before I drop another drug alto said to stay on 100 and maybe in 3-4 days then think about dropping lagactil.......this lyrica thing is like im going through hell all I can think about is going bk up cos this 50 mg drop is killing me.................

pray for me cos I am

• Moderator Emeritus

I would reduce the Largactil by 25%, it sounds like you have serious side effects from it.

kimba, the ringing seems bad whether you are at 100mg Lyrica or higher. It also seems to come and go.

I would stick with 100mg. More does not seem to be better.

I agree with Skyler that it's the dosage changes that are the problem.

Please keep notes on paper about your symptoms: When they occur, what they are like, and when you take your drugs and how much.

I support what Alto has said.  Kimba... please post your questions on the main thread in the introduction forum.  You are asking the same questions in both places, and are not tapering valium so that's best for now.  I would suggest you answer my question about caffeinated drinks including coffee there.

Sorry you are still feeling so anxious. Withdrawal symptoms can be most difficult.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

hi skyler yeah I only have 1 cup in the morning

I know I need to drop lagactil but is it too soon alto said that before I done a massive drop of lyrica her last post before said stay on 100mgs of lyrica and hold off the lagactil for a few days

that post was on the 4th of july do you think alto means I should start reducing my lagactil tonite

• Moderator Emeritus

hi skyler yeah I only have 1 cup in the morning

I had to cut out coffee, tea and any other caffeine when I had withdrawal related anxiety.  Doing so helped enormously.  However, watch that you don't get a headache from caffeine withdrawal.. if that happens, have a cup of tea for a few days to help you over the hump.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

so that means she is saying I drop my lagactil around the 8th of july

• Moderator Emeritus

that post was on the 4th of july do you think alto means I should start reducing my lagactil tonite

Kimba.. You could ask for clarification, but otherwise you need to keep track of your posts.  One of the best ways is to reread your thread. 

I'm sorry, I will not be able to respond further for awhile... you need to get a grip on your anxiety.  I know it's severe and you might want to check out the Symptoms and self-care thread.

PS... I do not give advice on Lamactil.

PPS..again, you should discontinue the caffeine.  This can be a very substantial help.

alto I just want to clarify some thing did you mean stay on 100mgs of lyrica

and then drop my lagactil on the 8th of july

• Moderator Emeritus

PS.. I'm not opening up another conversation, but figured this should be addressed.

skyler is it a good idea to space out my 10mgs of valiuium throughout thr day

should I take 2x2.5 during the day and 5mgs at night if I take to much during the day im so doped up

its so hard to determine cos of the lyrica dose keeps me so anxious im trying to hold out until tonite

of taking that last dose ....

I have been taking it 4x2.5 thoughout the day just not sure what is a good dose is the best to take

I would like to cut down the valiuium but not sure if its a good thing to do.

Twice a day dosing for valium is plenty.  You probably don't need to take it in more than one 10 mg. dose, but as you are so anxious.. taking it twice in two 5 mg. doses would be find.  Valium has a very long half life, so taking it more often does not accomplish anything.

It sounds like you have been taking 10 mgs of valium every day for the past 6 weeks or so. Given your history of being on valium previously, the 6 weeks you have been on is probably enough at this point to necessitate a taper, and at this point, a valium taper should take a back seat to reducing lamactil and lyrica. You need to keep this stable by taking the same dose every day to help tinnitus subside.

Valium can cause or contribute to tinnitus, just as Lyrica can.. possibly Lamactil as well.  Best to follow Alto's advice and get things stabilized.  Then the tinnitus should drop back to a less bothersome level, but it could take a couple of months before you see any sustained improvement.

I think this should answer your original question to me... which then got lost in a blizzard of posts about Lamactil and Lyrica.

PPS... you could also reduce the valium to 5 mgs a day (two doses of 2.5 mgs).  But then you would need to hold there... the problem is, you could experience some rebound anxiety when you reduce from 10 to 5 mgs. and you are already flooded with it.  Most important.. pick a course of action and stay with it.  

Your biggest problem is focusing on your symptoms moment to moment... the symptoms you are having will take time to resolve, possibly a couple of months.. maybe more.  The longer you jerk doses around, the longer the tinnitus will last.  Alto is working with you on your Lamactil dosage, as there could be an issue with side effects.. but for gosh sakes, stop changing everything else. 

Forgive me butting in here but I thought something should be clarified. Kimba states he/she is on 'largactil' which is the Aus  formulation of chlorpromazine, an atypical antipsychotic. It is not the same as 'lamictal', a drug approved for the modulation of 'bipolar' symptoms and used off label for whatever the docs think it will help.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

Forgive me butting in here but I thought something should be clarified. Kimba states he/she is on 'largactil' which is the Aus  formulation of chlorpromazine, an atypical antipsychotic. It is not the same as 'lamictal', a drug approved for the modulation of 'bipolar' symptoms and used off label for whatever the docs think it will help.

Thanks CW... I thought it was the same given the spelling of valium which does seem to be off..."valiuium"... unless you guys spell that differently?