Do withdrawal symptoms always show up right away? Delayed onset

hippopotamus

Why i know mine is WD is because i have totally different symptoms to what i was put on the tabs for

Me too. There is nothing similar to my underlying disease, notwithstanding i have doubts on wd, because wd starts soooooooooo late after taking the last pill.That destrois me so much.

How are u doing at the moment??

Very up and down , i beleive itis WD mine didnt start really until the best part of a year after but my symptoms are exactly like everyone says on her

Sorry I dont understand "mine didnt start really until the best part of a year". It would be great if u explain it for me.

What i mean is apart from a bad memory and weight loss my symtoms didnt start until about a year after i stopped

Hi mate i know its hard to accept esp when the onset was a while after but im sure yours is WD just like mine , what are your symptoms , its hard because in the uk the doctors wont admit to WD and just say its your ilness coming back , try to accept it is WD and try not to get stressed and get some magnesium citrate it helps

hey buddy, deep inside me i know its wd. during such a big wave like at this moment, my toughts and emotion become insane. here in germany its the same with the doctors. wd dont exist and you'll get more and more diagnoses and prescriptions. so u have to go through it by yourself. i heard a lot about magnesium, but im so petrified that this stuff will make it get worse. i will try fishoil.

my major symptoms are horrible emotions and thoughts, restlessness, neusea, i can't eat, a really bad feeling in my stomach, tinnitus, anxiously, scared of everything, desperate....

and yours?

Hello again pal it sounds exactly the same in Germany that it is here , beleive me magnesium is good ask anyone on here , do you get the one sided headaches and eye and ear pressure aswell and internal tremors and vibrations

Hi Mikey, i know the pressure and headaches. Its awful. The changing of emotions every minute is horrible too. do you still working? do your wd come in waves and windows? and if it comes in waves and windows, how long it takes?

Yes mate i work i find it helps me take my mind of things as with the waves and windows my mood can change by the hour sometimes i can have worse days than others at the moment i dont get many better days togeather

when I was tapering the symptoms would appear a moth or two after the cut but with my last cold turkey the new set of symptoms didn't really start until about 8 months afterwards .

On and off prozac from 2010 -2014 .

Several failed fast tapers and reinstatements .

Cold turkey : March  2014 .

-----------------------------------------

took lysanxia 40 mg a day for almost a year
november -14- 2018 weaned to 30 mg
november -26- 2018 weaned to 20 mg
symptoms that got better : fatigue
current symptoms : severe anxiety
one rescue dose (10 mg ) december -15 -2018

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

When I stopped taking Lexapro after a too fast taper, I initially had body pain and flu like symptoms for a couple of weeks. Then I started to feel better. For the next 2 - 3 months I was feeling quite well and was sure I was over the worst of any withdrawal and had basically recovered from 13 years of AD use. But then new symptoms started to occur and because I had been well for a while, I didn't connect it with my previous Lexapro use.

The new symptoms were sensitivity to sound and light. Irritability and low mood, inability to concentrate or focus, problems sleeping and night sweats. I had developed tinnitus 2 weeks after stopping Lexapro, and now it got worse. I'd had none of these symptoms before starting on ADs, I was put on them for anxiety, which I had subsequently dealt with by changing my circumstances and therapy.

I ended up getting a new diagnosis of ADHD and started on stimulant meds, which helped a bit, but here in Australia we only have instant release dexamphetamine and so all my symptoms would come back every 90 minutes. Symptoms kept getting increasingly worse over the next year, but I was still functioning. Like the OP, I completely crashed about 18 months later.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 3 weeks later...

I was 'ok' months 1-7. I had some symptoms but nothing I couldn't handle. Looking back, I thought they were bad at the time, little did I know! Month 8, my CNS crashed. I'm at a year now and it's at its worst. I am in a stressful situation at the moment but I understand your suffering!

Hang in there!

Lexapro from October 2012-October 2014

10mg from Oct 2012-Feb 201320mg from Feb 2013-June 201310mg from July 2013-April 2014
Began taper via liquid Lexapro from April 2014-September 2014(Roughly 6 month taper)---0.00 on Oct 1 2014--WD began in December 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstated to 10mg - 10mg Tablet October 15, 2015 - Stable by Mid-January, 2016

2016 - 9mg 3/26/16....8mg 5/11/16....7mg 7/05/16....6mg 8/26/16....5mg 10/31/16

2017 - 4mg 3/06/17....3mg 6/24/17....2mg 9/07/17...1.25mg 10/21/17....1mg 11/04/2017

2018 - 0.75mg 1/21/18....0.5mg 2/18/18....0.25mg 3/13/18....0.125mg 3/27/18....0.000 4/9/18

Supplements - 15B probiotic on and off. Usually helps w/ mood but sometimes is too activating.

• 2 weeks later...

A few people I know of got hit with withdrawal months off the drug. Has this happened to anyone else?

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

At 3 months off. I actually felt the best ive ever felt during the 2nd and 3rd month. 1st month i had physical symptoms like those of real drug addiction

Was on Citalopram 20mg since Feb 2008 - switched to Paxil 20mg in August 2010

Tapered way too fast in April 2012 by skipping days. Taper completed in 6 weeks

Tried prozac 20mg for 3 days - felt spaced out, not better.

Tried 30mg Cymbalta for 2 days. SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION

Antidepressant free since 14 August 2012

Birth control on and off during this time - Last taken 18 June 2017 - Morning after pill 

Started mainly using 0.5mg Xanax beginning 2016 for severe panic attacks and anxiety due to trauma

Xanax on and off never more than 0.5mg at a time, never taking it 3 days in a row - used sparingly 

6 Years antidepressant free - Still in severe withdrawal with over 60 symptoms

Severe setback started May 2018 with no let up to date. Developed many new symptoms like tremors, inner vibrations, insomnia, visual distortions and dr/dp are 100x worse, i have severe sensitivity to movement, My dizziness and vertigo got worse and it now feels like im constantly rocking on a boat, my anxiety is sky high, suicidal idiation is back, i feel extremely brain damaged 

been sick since the beginning unfortunately

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

During tapering but didn't know was WD then after one week v v bad..other times I withdrawn it didn't hit til maybe a few months after..but in a way I'm glad it was as severe this time and led me yo google, otherwise I'd be in the damn system not knowing what was wrong the rest of my life.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

I also had delayed onset withdrawal, we have a topic here:

Delayed Onset of Withdrawal Symptoms - Symptoms and ...  *topics merged

Edited by Petunia
updated

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

• Moderator Emeritus

I had it too . . . things began to get very bad 6 months after my last dose of cymbalta in 2013.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I wonder if the late bad withdrawals (few months later) happen with every AD and if it happens to a minority or majority of people.  I know I have to finish tapering Trazadone and then start tapering Remeron.

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

at first i had no idea i would be this sensitive and i was clueless about WD. So i went down from 45 mg to 4 mg in about 2 months... at first it wasnt a problem but eventually it started to get really hard. then i decided to jump off 4 mg and it was hell on earth for around 3 weeks. so i reinstated and after holding for 2 months i improved and on april 19 2015 started tapering alot more slowly, again thinks were going fairly smoothly until around july 13 2015 when i tapered from 1.9 mg to 1.6 i hit a wall.... i started having alot more intense depression and anxiety.. i held a bit and reduced from 1.6 to 1.5 and things only got harder... i am still holding at 1.5 mg and it has been absolute hell. im about just as bad as when i jumped off completely from 4 mg for those 3 weeks. It is very hard to understand how im doing just as bad now after holding on 1.5 mg for 2.5 months, than i was after diving off 4 mg to zero after a very fast taper. horrible time.. i want this to make some sense.... either way im not sure if this counts as delayed withdrawals.

(November 26 2013) Had a reaction to taking CBD oil and had a panic attack that started this whole thing.

(November 9 2014) 8.6 months on Mirtazapine, started tapering down random amounts.

(January 17 2015) *STOPPED TAKING MIRTAZAPINE* after an unstable 2 month taper.

(February 5 2015) *REINSTATED at 3.9 MG OF MIRTAZAPINE* after nearly 3 weeks of a very unstable windows and waves pattern

(February 5 2015 ) Felt better right away after reinstating, am more stable than i was at 0mg, but am still not as stable as i was PRE-TAPER.

(April 19 2015) After waiting around 2 months from Feb 5 and i started to feel ok enough, i reduced from 3.9 mg to 3.5 mg. then continued to reduce by about .4 mg every 2 or so weeks.

The reductions were going quite smoothly and i wasn't feeling too bad in general... until...

(July 13 2015) Shortly after reducing from 1.9 mg to 1.6 mg i hit a wall and my mood started to become noticeably worse in general

(August 4) after not really improving much i reduced from 1.6 mg to 1.5 mg, and i have been holding ever since.

I feel bad in general these days despite holding, and feel im not too much better than i was during January 17 to February 5 after jumping off at 4 MG.

I am questioning if taking the drug is actually making me worse, i dunno.

I had been 3 months without Sertraline when withdrawal symptoms really started. When I ended it first time it took maybe 4 months to get PSSD.

I'm not a native english speaker, sorry!

My history with Sertraline:

November 2009 - September 2013: most of the time my dose was 100 mg but when I stoped taking it first time my dose was 25 mg.

Unfornately I decided to start taking Sertraline again in April 2014. My new dose was 50 mg.

I took my last pill of Sertraline in November 2014. Then my dose was 25 mg.

Symptoms: PSSD, anhedonia and emotional anesthesia

• 3 weeks later...

do delayed withdrawal symptoms last as long as regular withdrawal symptoms?

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

• Moderator Emeritus

Delayed symptoms are the same as regular symptoms, it just means they don't start until some time after the drug is stopped. They can last just as long as regular withdrawal symptoms.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but how do you explain withdrawal symptoms after months of stopping the meds? I mean why do you feel OK in that period? What happens to the brain in than time frame? Seems unscientific.

• Moderator Emeritus

zandro, the healing process isn't linear.  I'm sure there's a good explanation for which withdrawal symptoms occur and when they arise, intensify, decrease and resolve. We just don't have it now; our science and research tools haven't got that far yet.

You may not have seen this other topic in the Symptoms forum: One theory of antidepressant withdrawal

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Same things happened to me after 2 months, irritability, nauseas, headaches , vertigo, rage, acne , the whole works. Anyone use fish oil to balance out after with success? This is my next option. I tapered for 6 months. After the third month symptoms are even worse.

• 1 month later...

I certainly don't have a sound physiological mechanism for it, but I didn't notice a thing during tapering or after my last dose of Paxil. It took approx 6 weeks to be plunged into WD chaos (though coincidentally it occurred around the time I was discontinuing another medication (not a psych med))

Medication before problems: Took Paxil 60-100mg from 2003 to 2014 for OCD.
1) Last pill taken November 2014, horrendous withdrawal started six weeks later.

2) Re-instated successfully @ 20mg May 2015, but accompanied by severe anhedonia, loss of emotion, apathy, and fatigue

3) Switched to Prozac, Viibyrd, Zoloft, Nefazadone, Cymbalta, Nardil in attempt at abating WD symptoms while not re-introducing anhedonia. Each one either failed to relieve WD or brought back anhedonia. So re-stabilized on Paxil at 15mg

4) Tapered down to 7.5mg as of October 2016. More energy, anhedonia/loss of emotions remains apart from short windows.

5) May 2017 - down to 3.5mg of Paxil (no other meds)
6) Early 2018 - added 8mg of Prozac
7) January 2019 - down to 1.05 Paxil / 5mg Prozac and continuing

8) October 2019 - down to 0.2mg Paxil / 3mg Prozac

9) November 2019 - down to 0.1mg Paxil / 3mg Prozac 

10) March 2020 - done with Paxil, 2.5mg Prozac

11) April 2021 - 0.03mg Prozac

Approx 6-7 weeks after my last dose is when I was plunged into withdrawal. Prior to that, I didn't even notice a change in *anything*.

1) Last pill taken November 2014, horrendous withdrawal started six weeks later.

2) Re-instated successfully @ 20mg May 2015, but accompanied by severe anhedonia, loss of emotion, apathy, and fatigue

3) Switched to Prozac, Viibyrd, Zoloft, Nefazadone, Cymbalta, Nardil in attempt at abating WD symptoms while not re-introducing anhedonia. Each one either failed to relieve WD or brought back anhedonia. So re-stabilized on Paxil at 15mg

4) Tapered down to 7.5mg as of October 2016. More energy, anhedonia/loss of emotions remains apart from short windows.

Hi guys, I'd like to chime in on this because this is EXACTLY what happened to me. I was tapering over 4 months since End October 2012. Extremely mind WD symptoms, but nothing too noticeable (especially after I switched to decaf; WD symptoms were virtually non-existent). Sleeping was perfect. Then mid Feb I had some highly stressful situational anxiety that lasted about a week. During that time I was waking at 4AM and not falling back asleep. Had trouble falling asleep too. After I resolved the situation, my sleeping never normalised. I'm still experiencing early morning waking and not falling back asleep and very broken, unrefreshing sleep. I'm no longer anxious (except about my sleeping now) but just cannot get a good night's sleep. So I think that maybe (for some people) a stressful event could possibly 'trigger' withdrawal symptoms, even if they were going along pretty well. Maybe it's got something to do with the cortisol not being able to get back to normal or something. What do you think?

bingo, that's exactly what happened to me. 

I've had delayed onset before. but this time got it with tapering. was doing fine, until really stressful situation, couple of months after cuts. it sent me haywire. recovering from that at the moment, slowly. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

It was six weeks for me before I got hit with Trazodone withdrawals. I had extreme weakness, nausea, and dizziness. Went to the doctor the first time and he dx'd me with norovirus. I was still sick a month later so I went back to the doctor for the second time. My doctor told me I had a bacterial infection and was prescribed antibiotics. Well he was wrong!wrong!wrong! What a mess. I never felt better and I came to conclusion that it could be withdrawal. I was surprised because I felt better after jumping and for the first six weeks. I came here to SA and confirmed it.

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

• 1 month later...

I'm also very curious about determining the causation of this. In my case it was complicated as i didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms during fast tapering or the three months after quiting high dose paroxetine. It ended up only arising upon major CNS disruption from a suboxone withdrawal. I was left assuming it was the suboxone withdrawal causing all the problems, but ultimately determined it was almost purely SSRI related once I re-instated (relief within 24 hours). Complex indeed.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy