James Heany Phases of SSRI withdrawal

NJJ

https://npanth.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/phases-of-ssri-withdrawal/

I thought this was a good article as it explains the process in laymen terms. Good to share with family members.

[*]At 15 years was put on 50mg of Zoloft for generalized anxiety and panic disorder.

[*]2006 Tried to withdrawal from 50mg . Doctor told me I would have no trouble. I tampered over about a month (50mg-0) which left me with severe and debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Doctors put my dose up to 75mg mistaking my withdrawal symptoms as a relapse. Stayed on Zoloft 75mg since 2006.

March 2015- adverse reaction between Zoloft (75mg) an antibiotic and anti nausea drug resulting in debilitating symptoms/recovery identical to withdrawal. Have not altered or changed dose since 2006.

NJJ, this forum is specifically for posting journal articles and all posts must follow a defined format which is described in the sticky post in this forum. Post such as yours can be put in the Media or Off Topic forum.

You may be interested to know that npanth is a member of SA. Sometimes using a google search is helpful in ferreting these things out so duplicate content is not posted.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• 8 years later...

This may seem stupid to people who are heavily involved with the topic of antidepressant withdrawals, but I've encountered a few people who confused or conflated James Heany and David Healy, both of whom have made important contributions on this subject. I thought it would be worth pointing out this distinction.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy