Welcome to the recovery spa of your dreams

Altostrata

• Administrator

Ahhhh, it's so calm and peaceful here, in the shade with the cool breezes blowing through the trees and the sun so beautiful on the ocean.

Mmmmmm, love that fresh peach sorbet....the food here is so delicious and light. I can hardly wait for my massage this evening and a dip in the mineral hot springs before taking my melatonin and going to bed.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

... of your dreams!

I'm going to change the channel to that station tonight. :D

Charter Member 2011

One of the things I most appreciate about this place is how they make you go for walks in the morning and cheer you on... it would be so hard to find the motivation otherwise!

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

I was on such a place, in 2007 in Italy just weeks before WD hit. But still no symptoms and it felt great! Though it is trange that some of my greatest holidays from the last years were in fact in my symptom-free periods after a CT, but I know I could also feel great in my pre-PAxil period.

One of my best hlidays was in Egypt in 1995, years before my first little white devil in a pill strip. And I still remember the beautiful beaches and the terrific weather!

If, just if I will ever get my body and mind back, I will reward myself with a low-budget trip to a beautiful place. With sun, blue sea, good food and a relaxeing atmosphere.

Just waiting for that corner moment...

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

• Administrator

Loudspeaker announcement: Massages and acupuncture anytime you want!

String quartets on the patio every evening -- reserve your chaise longue now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I'm reserving, I reserved, I reserved yesterday, I'm reserving for tomorrow, I'm reserving for the rest of my life! Ummmmmmmmmm... where is this place anyway? Heaven?

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

This is the recovery spa of your dreams, ms. summer.

If you wish, we can have the pillow on your chaise embroidered with your name so it can be permanently reserved for your exclusive use.

If you wish, we can have the pillow on your chaise embroidered with your name so it can be permanently reserved for your exclusive use.

Ohhhhhhhhhh YES! Thank you so much! I see my chaise out there somewhere just waiting for me.... it's calling my name... :)

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Coming up, what kind of lovely ripe summer fruit would you like with that?

Haha, loving this thread! :)

So am I! Just thinking about this wonderful place makes me feel good!

Charter Member 2011

Who's going to the music therapy class this afternoon?

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

• Administrator

I'm definitely going, and I'm taking my chaise and having a peach smoothie delivered.

I'm definitely going, and I'm taking my chaise and having a peach smoothie delivered.

Adding a little extra something to the peach smoothie, or drinking it straight up?

Think I'll go to the meditation class... although, changing channels has been working great for me.

Charter Member 2011

I tried a float pod thing the other day in Phoenix area (forget name). It was relaxing until I got the highly salinated (epsom salts) water in my eyes and then it was painful. It is supposed to help w/deeper sleep (theta?) and pain. I think I slept a little better that night. Not something I could do regularly @ $70/hr. but I'm always looking for natural options. I believe it was later that day when I realized I was in protracted WD when I read post.

Possible addition to that dream spa.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I was just thinking what would happen to me in a sensory deprivation float chamber... My boyfriend wanted to give me a session for my birthday last year. Right now I wonder if it would create anxiety for me. I hear you can hallucinate. It's good to hear it was not scary for you!

• Administrator

Oh, the peach smoothie with a dash of protein powder, please!

Our lovely mineral springs contain lots of magnesium. You can lounge in the part that's shaded by willow trees or the part that's in the sun. It's a geological miracle, always at perfect bathtub temperature, gently bubbling.

At night, the mineral springs are candlelit, in case you want a restful bath before bed. And our helpful attendants are ready with fluffy towels, pure cotton bathrobes, and dry flip-flops for your tender feet.

Still trying to navigate the site and didn't see these replies.

When I read about protracted w/d after doing the float, I thought the same thing --glad I didn't get TOO relaxed and have flight mode kick in. I know how it feels when I wake at 5am in panic, tachy, as if I just had a night terror but recall nothing. Would have been ugly in a closed float pod, slippery w the magnesium (I assume), low lighting. Prescription for disaster, but then we're familiar w that.

The info at float place said that effects are less pronounced first time for various reasons, mostly b/c people don't fully relax due to boredom, mind racing, etc. ( Don't they go hand-in-hand?)

I've been reading on diff sites and am AMAZED at all of the work you've done, AS and Gianna . Mindboggling. Literally.

I've treated my horses better than I have myself over the years and look back now wondering what on earth I was thinking. Bought a CHI Machine years ago for horses and have used on myself recently. It may be useful in THE SPAAAAH. ;)

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Wow! I didn't know they had acupuncture in the music therapy sessions. What a great combination!

History is approximate; I didn't track my dosages.

1995 - started zoloft/sertraline for depression

1995-2008 - sertraline ranged from 100-200mg, may have gone as high as 250mg

2006 - 2009 - added welbutrin/budeprion SR, 150 mg

sometime in 2009-2010 - stopped budeprion c/t

sometime around 2009-2010, Tapered down sertraline w/o guidance to 50 mg, then 25mg.

~ feb 2010, stopped sertraline.

~ Apr 2010, resumed 25mg low dose (really bad business trip)

Oct 2010, stopped sertraline

Jan 2011 - another bad business trip "breaks" my sleep.

current issues include insomnia, anxiety, GI distress, depression.

Taking multivitamins, Vitamin D, fish oil, Chinese herbs, ~ 0.5mg melatonin in the evening.

Going to therapy and acupuncture once a week.

Alto... you mentioned recently that if you had all the answers, you would make millions of dollars in the stock market.

I want you to promise that as soon as that becomes a reality, you will open a recovery spa of our dreams. I'm holding you to it, whether you promise or not!

Today would be a perfect day to go to that spa... okay... closing my eyes and going there. And you said it would be free to all SA members... you're a gem!

A lovely snack would be lightly salted wild rice cakes with fresh almond butter from Whole Foods, with sliced banana on top. Of course, those who are so inclined would be able to have hot dogs also. I mean... that's only fair.

Dreaming... dreaming... amazing... after that massage, my back feels like I'm 20 again! Going to run 10 miles now... see ya later!

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Absolutely, I would use my huge wealth for a spa for everyone here!

Oh, the peach smoothie with a dash of protein powder, please!

Our lovely mineral springs contain lots of magnesium. You can lounge in the part that's shaded by willow trees or the part that's in the sun. It's a geological miracle, always at perfect bathtub temperature, gently bubbling.

At night, the mineral springs are candlelit, in case you want a restful bath before bed. And our helpful attendants are ready with fluffy towels, pure cotton bathrobes, and dry flip-flops for your tender feet.

Ahhhh, what a wonderful, fabulous, mental vision to embrace!

Alto, you need to be a writer for various tourist resorts. You have me sold. :)

I'm feeling very drained ATM and thus, would love to indulge in all that is being offered except I'd like to request at least two attendants (lol). I wish to feel ultimately spoiled, nurtured and pampered to the max!

What about reflexology? Is that in the package? Sorry if I missed reading this in the brochure but I'm on overload ATM.

Summer, hope you aren't carrying a bottle of tobasco sauce in your purse. :D I'd perfer to savor my peach smoothie with a dash of protein powder that Alto has provided rather than a dash of hot sauce thank you very much. :D

I couldn't leave this thread without first throwing at tease your way Ms. Summer. A little humour added into relaxation equation never hurts.

Okay, breathing in the beauty of the vision. I am one with the Universe. I am a Goddess of the Supreme Relaxation Response.

Goodnight Gods and Goddesses. May you feel many moments of peace, healing and stillness.

Punar Processing the Perfect Pleasure

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

Be Not Afraid of Growing Slowly. Be Afraid of Only Standing Still.

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

Absolutely, I would use my huge wealth for a spa for everyone here!

In that case, Let the Law of Attraction Ignite to manifest your Intention. :)

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

Punar... I wouldn't dream of carrying around tabasco sauce in my purse. And, I wouldn't dream of ruining your day at the Spa!

The Spa of your dreams contains no worries or anxiety... that's why it's so wonderful to go there. I felt my entire body relax as I typed this...

Maybe if we all chipped in $1.00 a month?

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Ms. Punar, you may request any number of attendants to carry you in a shaded sedan chair to the hot springs, if you wish.

Reflexology? Absolutely!

Hey Alto... didn't you see my hand? It's waving madly... I'm Next! Two attendants should do it for me. :lol: Waiting patiently for my turn in the hot springs...

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

That's another wonderful thing about this spa. It's so spacious, no one ever has to wait for their turn!

Ms. Punar, you may request any number of attendants to carry you in a shaded sedan chair to the hot springs, if you wish.

Reflexology? Absolutely!

Wow!! Now that's what I call "service extraordinaire!"

BTW, I just finished having a rage purging session with our resident DR. Phil. Now its time for other forms of therapeutic interventions.

Dear Attendants, please immediately carry me off to the Hot Springs area as per Alto's instructions.

Ms. Punar (Over-dosing on Therapeutic Interventions to counteract WD induced rage and OCD disorders)

(Chinese Proverb)

Punar... I wouldn't dream of carrying around tabasco sauce in my purse. And, I wouldn't dream of ruining your day at the Spa!

Wonderful! I can now release all ruminations of tabasco sauce. Aww........I'm in a cool, tabasco-free environment.

The Spa of your dreams contains no worries or anxiety... that's why it's so wonderful to go there. I felt my entire body relax as I typed this...

Yes, it is therapeutic to even type out such thoughts. The power of the mind never ceases to amaze me!

Maybe if we all chipped in $1.00 a month?

NOw that's affordable ....within my current budget.

BTW, how was your massage at the other spa Ms. Summer? Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing day!

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Ayurvedic massage with special hot oils onto '3rd eye'. Had this once at Two Bunch Palms in Desert Hot Springs. Amazing relaxation. Drenched in hot oils, 'womblike' is the only description I can think of, not that I remember what that was like!

Pun... the massage was very nice... not the best I've ever had... but relaxing. Thanks for asking. :)

Charter Member 2011

That's another wonderful thing about this spa. It's so spacious, no one ever has to wait for their turn!

This spa gets better and better every day... thinking about it is always delicious.

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Yum, I'll have one of those!

Anyone care to join me for the empathic hug therapy session? It's really great for those days you want to just give up.

• Administrator

I hear the laugh therapy guy is going to conduct it this time! I love it when he's there.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy