Welcome to the recovery spa of your dreams

Altostrata

What a wonderful mix!

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Can we make it a houseboat spa? Got a 1/2 massage (ie. teaser) yesterday at a dayspa on a lake. When I laid down on the table, all I could see was water. It was so calming!

I love the motion of ocean, although I realize it may not work so well if someone gets seasick. :(

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

There's a lovely barge with a canopy where one might have massages and lemonade.

Did I mention this spa was on the ocean, too? We've got our own private beach.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

All I'm going to do today is sit on the beach under the colorful umbrellas, enjoying the fruit smoothies, taking in the fresh ocean breeze, and feeling the lap of the gentle waves on my feet.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

• Administrator

Me, too. Grilled fresh fish for dinner.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I would like to book a darkened room, and request an eye massager please. (these do actually exist)

Off Lexapro since 3rd November 2011.

After recovery I will go to Southern Europe and enjoy the beach. And the sun, and the sea, and the fish... :)

Today I had a pretty good day, the wringing jolts in the chest were there but again I feel the turning point shimmers just out of my reach. MAybe a few steps more?

I have my soul and mind pretty much back... OMG I long to have my body back and really enjoy life again :)

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

Oh yes, that sounds great. I want to go on a nice holiday as well. Or just go out in this great city I live in. The city is so thriving with life, I just want to dive in...

Edit: Good that you had a nice day, Claudius :)

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

All I'm going to do today is sit on the beach under the colorful umbrellas, enjoying the fruit smoothies, taking in the fresh ocean breeze, and feeling the lap of the gentle waves on my feet.

Hope there is enough room for two... and enough grilled fish and crisp veges.

Waving hello... since I'm already here!

Charter Member 2011

Oh yes, that sounds great. I want to go on a nice holiday as well. Or just go out in this great city I live in. The city is so thriving with life, I just want to dive in...

Edit: Good that you had a nice day, Claudius :)

Thanx MAybe! What is your city? I have made some nice trips to Germany last years, even in WD I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere: Dusseldorf, Koln, Munster...

I have already an appointment with Neuroplastic to visit him in Poland and drink a vodka after recovery... maybe we could drink a Weizen beer in Germany too?

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

Living in Berlin since 2008. What a wonderful city and I am not really able to take part...

Of course we can! I am longing for my first beer after wd :D

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

Hope there is enough room for two... and enough grilled fish and crisp veges.

Waving hello... since I'm already here!

Oh, plenty of room. I love how it just feels so spacious and calm without being lonely. Would you be up to playing a game of cards or something else relaxing?

• Administrator

I had some fresh cold nectarine soup today. It was so delicious, I asked our chefs if they might make it some time.

I had some fresh cold nectarine soup today. It was so delicious, I asked our chefs if they might make it some time.

Seriously? I've never heard of nectarine soup.

Psst... did you make that up? I know anything is possible at the spa of your dreams.

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

No, I had it at a cafe, in real life. I had to try it!

Here's a recipe http://www.greensgrow.org/farm/modules/smartrecipe/faq.php?faqid=126

It's easy. I don't believe you need the alcohol, either.

I swear the one I had was nectarines (skins removed) blended with cream, topped with a little creme fraiche.

No, I had it at a cafe, in real life. I had to try it!

Here's a recipe http://www.greensgrow.org/farm/modules/smartrecipe/faq.php?faqid=126

It's easy. I don't believe you need the alcohol, either.

I swear the one I had was nectarines (skins removed) blended with cream, topped with a little creme fraiche.

That's not soup!! It's an outrageously delicious dessert!! I'm not a chocolate freak... and that's so my kind of dessert!!!

Charter Member 2011

My dream:

chair massage

warm neck compress

Waiters who can hear me in semi-noisy restaurants.

Talking on the phone for two hours with a friend.

While I'm dreaming, lemme conjure a time machine. I'll go backwards and stop this madness before it could ever start.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Our spa in the woods is now open.

Fresh blueberry smoothies (dairy and non-dairy, gluten-free) will be served on the patio.

spa_in_woods.jpg

I'm on my way!

Our spa in the woods is now open.

Fresh blueberry smoothies (dairy and non-dairy, gluten-free) will be served on the patio.

post-1-0-14774100-1346691994_thumb.jpg

Oh, that looks WONDERFUL!!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

Oh, bring dear little Fefe! She can stay with you in your cottage and eat fish.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm loving the horses and the trail rides through the gorgeous forest. The sounds of birds everywhere and the smell of fresh flowers. Mind you I need that massage at the end of it all

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Well, FeFe says she will be there as soon as she finds someone to stay and take care of me while she is gone. Oh, that FeFe...I am going to book transportation for both of us and hope we make it there! FM

Well, FeFe says she will be there as soon as she finds someone to stay and take care of me while she is gone. Oh, that FeFe...I am going to book transportation for both of us and hope we make it there! FM

LOL! Silly cats!

• 3 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I found a spa!  After reading CC's intro.

But look..........no one has been here for 3 years???!!!!!!!!

I'm just going to sleep outside tonight........splash about in the pool tomorrow.  Heaven.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

I have visited a couple of times over the last 2 days, but in secret :ph34r: .  Bliss :wub:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi guys , yes I see it's been abandoned. Not to worry , new staff are on their way.

And the pool cleaners are coming tomorrow.

Perhaps we can make some suggestions for the cafe menu?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great news.  I think I'll be a regular visitor.  And the menu, anything and everything.  I've always wanted to try a mint julep.  And samplers need to be available so we can try new things.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Who knew we had our very own "Spa" ?  Not just any ordinary Spa, but the " Dream Recovery Spa"  ! LOL.   This has been a secret for far too long !  Maybe , it was closed for renovation. Now - reopened & ready for any request . We already have hot springs, string quartets on the patio every evening, ocean , private beach , nectarine soup, massage and acupuncture. Blueberry smoothies, Mint Juleps and an " anything & everything menu."  Any other requests ? 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

C.C.  Thanks for sharing your secret ! LOL.  :D  This could become addictive !  Don't forget to reserve your " chaise longue" !  Oh, I forgot to mention the candlelit mineral springs / music therapy & reflexology. ( and I think someone requested fresh cream trifle ) !  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I have been down at the beach collecting seashells..........

I can't believe how quickly it has all been spruced up.

Just a smoothie for me this morning please.  Oh, a neck massage is also fine.  Thanks.  The music is lovely.......

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Complimentary personal assistant who takes care of administrative requirements so that you can relax!

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy