Ladymistery Hi, I'm new. my real name is ....

Ladymistery

Hi,

I'm Tracee.

I've been on Cymbalta for about 3ish years.  I'd been thinking about coming off Cymbalta for a while, and now that life is somewhat stable, it's time.

I started tapering on July 3, 2015.

So far, I've been able to tolerate a bead reduction of 10 beads per day.  I know when I get closer to the end, that will have to slow.  Until then, I'll keep going down 10 beads per day.  

Withdrawal has been very very minor - a bit of tingling on my lips, a bit of nausea and headaches.  

However, since I have another condition called Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence that causes nausea and headaches, it's not really that different.  

If the symptoms get bad, I'll just stay at the reduction for a couple of days, and see how I feel.

I'll be very glad to be off this, and have a sex drive and emotions again.

2011 - Diagnosed with superior canal dehiscence syndrome (SCDS).  Put on Cymbalta to help with pain/headaches and depression.

2012- on disability due to SCDS

2013 - surgery 1 for SCDS (failed)  2014 - Surgery 2 for SCDS (partial success)

I would have come off Cymbalta in 2014, but my husband had a stroke. Until I was stable, no change in meds.

2015 - enough is enough.  Started Cymbalta taper on July 3.

I've been able to handle a fairly fast taper - about 10 beads per day.  

July 23, 2015 - 200 beads out of a 60mg capsule. There's been about 570 per capsule so far.  When I hit 300 out, I'll get the 30mg capsules and taper from there.

So far - no severe side effects.  I've had a bit of tingling in my lips, and some days a wicked headache. I have bad headaches anyway, so if headache meds make it go away - I'll keep tapering.  

Sept 2, 2015 - down to 9 beads in the capsules.  Only withdrawal effect is a bit of itching.

• Administrator

Welcome, Ladymistery.

Reducing by 10 beads per day is a fast taper. Please consider slowing down right now, as the more you push it, it's likely withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches, will get worse.

If I were you, I'd hold on tapering at this point, for a month. It can take some time for withdrawal symptoms to show up and you don't want to pile more reductions on top of that.

Please see

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Drug Interactions Checker -- use it to reduce your drug burden

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.