Doctors who will diagnose drug withdrawal

UnfoldingSky

On 2/10/2017 at 10:51 AM, Sugar said:

We are in a real pickle right now:

The doctor who has been assisting my son in the tapering off process of ADs (especially Cymbalta) ended up in prison and we need to find a replacement promptly. 

How can one go about finding a doc who is experienced in this regard  and is willing to take over?

It will have to be in the L.A. area (Burbank to be exact).

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hello Sugar, I see that you haven't posted on this site in 4 years, I hope you are doing well and hoping your son is much, much better. I also live in SoCal (Simi Valley) and have a 29 year old son who is trying to get off Celexa. After 9 weeks of having bad WD symptoms which are depression, anxiety, and intrusive thoughts, he decided to reinstate a few days ago at a low dose of 1mg per day. Still waiting to see if that helps the symptoms. After he's stable again he will start tapering very slowly, maybe even taking a whole year to get off Celexa again. Did you ever find a doc who is experienced with helping people get off ADs? Thank you.

My son who is in withdrawal's history:

2006 - 2021 Started on Celexa 10mg, increased to 20mg then 40mg.

May 2021: Started to taper off. Down to 0mg by end of July under doctor's care.

September 2021 started 200mg magnesium twice per day, 1000mg fish oil once per day, Vitamin D3, and 100mg N-acetyl cysteine twice per day.

Oct. 12, 2021: Reinstated at 1mg liquid Celexa per day to hopefully alleviate intrusive thoughts (never had them before quitting Celexa).

Nov. 1, 2021: Was supposed to increase to 2mg Celexa per day, but he was accidentally only taking 0.1ml per day. 

Nov. 18, 2021: Increased to 2mg liquid Celexa per day after realizing he was not taking the correct dosage for 17 days.

Dec 29, 2021: Increased to 3mg liquid Celexa. Jan 31, 2022: Increased to 4mg liquid Celexa.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy